New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: In Service to the Prophet (IC)

Seeker

Resting for a bit and examining the elf corpses, the loot, and his own quickly-healing injuries, Seeker speaks up. "We fought hard to even get in through this entrance. I think I'd prefer to explore it a little further before we look at any other ways in."

Spoiler
    Show
    It's sad to see you go, Werebear, but it's understandable; same for you, Necro, about the slowdown - I know how schoolwork can be, and I certainly had my share of it the last couple of years.

It's up to the rest of you guys whether or not you want to wait for a replacement player or forge ahead with 4 PCs - I don't care one way or the other.

Also, someone else can keep the coin for now, or we can divvy it up. The hammer's all Dumar's, and I don't really need the sword but can carry it if no one else can.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Dumar

Dumar wipes his forehead with his sleeve as he looks around. "At least we all lived. Is everyone going to be alright?"
    After going through the loot, Dumar picks up the smoldering hammer. He swings it a couple times before strapping it to his back. He glances at the others. "Anyone mind if I hold on to this for now?"

Spoiler
    Show

I don't mind waiting, and I don't mind if we move on without a replacement. Either way is good for me.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-16 at 05:29 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Parmenides

"I agree we should continue through this entrance and see what's next."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we should continue for awhile as we are, with NecroRebel NPCing Erion unless Werebear manages to post. If we see it causes a problem and Werebear is still busy, we can always add someone later.
    Last edited by Parmenides; 2008-10-17 at 06:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Entering the castle through the holes in the old forge's walls, you see only one way further in: a hallway going northward towards the rest of the ruin. Cracks and holes riddle the walls and flagstones, none larger than your fist, but more than enough to illuminate the path and empty rooms to either side.

The rooms all appear to be old guard-rooms, store-rooms, and other utilitarian chambers, but despite this the dust in them has clearly been recently disturbed. Bootprints, of a size for Medium humanoids, crisscross the chambers, and several disappear beneath fallen stones that have been pushed aside, and fragments of rotted wood litter the floor beneath old fixtures. Obviously, this place is being ransacked.

Eventually, you come to a place that would be just in from where one of the other entrances would have been. This entrance, an old side-entrance, is visible down a short hallway from where you now stand. On the south wall of that hall, there is another door, from which you can hear soft voices emanating, including low groans; whoever is there does not seem to notice you. A trail of black blood, mostly dried, stretches out from that chamber to the exit; it appears as though a corpse was dragged out. Staggered footprints come the other way, from the exit towards that door.

Obvious ways to go include that room, the exit, the continuation of this hallway to the north, back towards the forge, and a continuation of the other hall going east. Curiously, you faintly hear someone playing a flute down the east hall, and the ribbons at your wrist gently tug in that direction as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[7]
    You may make Perception checks if you wish to learn more about what is in the room, Dungeoneering checks to attempt to guess at the castle's layout, Stealth checks (with a +10 bonus from the wall) to attempt to remain unheard, and any other checks you might feel are appropriate as you wish.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Seeker

Pausing, Seeker tries to listen in on the voices and groans from the nearby room and takes look around to orient himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really want to go over TO the room, but I wanna pause a minute and see if I can make out any voices or anything. You guys that are more stealthy can try to get closer, if you want, but I think I"ll just stay here. If you want me to still make a Stealth check if I'm just standing still, I can do that if you tell me to.

Perception: (1d20+3)[19]
    Dungeoneering: (1d20+3)[22]

The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Parmenides

Parmenides whispers to his companions: "This seems odd. I wonder what happened in that room... Personally, I'd rather investigate that before continuing east, if only to make sure we won't be surprised from behind later. Unless everyone vote to go east, of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (d20+4)[21]
    Dungeoneering: (d20+9)[19]
    Stealth: (d20+11)[16] - including the wall
    History: (d20+11)[23] - to find-out if I remember anything about what used to be in this part of the castle.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Dumar

Dumar hangs back, trying not to move too much least his armor jangle too much and give them away. At his companion's words, he nods and whispers back."Sounds like a plan. Someone should go see what them damnable elves are up to in there."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I am back from my honeymoon, but have over a week of work to catch up on. Once I am caught up, I will be able to resume updating all my games.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am back from my honeymoon, but have over a week of work to catch up on. Once I am caught up, I will be able to resume updating all my games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I thought you would be posting again soon so I decided to wait and see what you wanted to do. I guess we'll still go ahead a bit more without you though.

I hope you enjoyed your little trip.

You hear five different voices in the room: one, who is talking most, seems to be speaking of wounds and healing to the second, who is groaning in obvious pain. The other three are discussing something about a messenger to "the Commander," as if they may intend to send one. One of those voices, who the other two seem to defer to, is advocating waiting for a patrol to come and sending those men, while the others are attempting to convince him to send one of them now.

Despite the fact that they apparently aren't speaking, you can hear at least two other people moving in the room, shifting rubble and clanking against the walls and floor with something metal. There may be as few as seven or as many as ten individuals in the chamber; more would cause too much noise.

Seeker also manages to identify the streak of black blood from the smell. It is orc-blood, and has been drying for a few hours at most.

From what you have seen so far, you can guess that the castle once had a large hall before a central courtyard, both of which would be east of where you are now. South of you would be mostly storage and industry, with a connection to the kitchens down one of the now-blocked corridors there, while to the north would be mainly barracks. On the northeast end of the dungeon would be nobility's chambers, and the last corner would have the stables and pits for prisoners.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So is this game dead then?