Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default [4e] WarCraft: Sands of Time IC Thread

R&R In Goldshire
    Where Bears Dance on Mailboxes and
    Night Elves Strip for Copper Pieces

For any newbies to WarCraft lore and such here's the WoW map of Elwynn Forest; note that it is NOT to scale.

You finally reach Goldshire just when dawn rises over the horizon. Although disguised as simply farmers, craftsmen, and one particular obese merchant with two bodyguards, the local militia regards you warily till proper formal papers are received. The ruse, Cronan informs you, is that you're travelers come from Redridge ever since the recent problems that have plagued it. Shortly after entering town he retires you all to the -- but not before giving each of you an item!

"This small shard" he says, "is like a piece of ambrosia -- a FAKE piece. It will conjure forth currency ( I hear hard gold is what they take! ) but within limit. I was not given resources for a lasting stay so you'll have to make use of them." He taps his snout thoughtfully. "OH! Yes, to active it just think of what kind of currency you want and say 'Malda', the *POOF!* it'll appear in your hand. Best put it in a bag, I'd say. You can use it to imbue magic into your weapons, items.. but it's not very strong magic. I'm not even sure if it'll last! But do not take for granted what Nozdormu gives freely." Cronan nods to himself thoughtfully, then bids you all a good night and leaves to finds some deep, dark corner of an inn room to curl up in and rest undisturbed.

OOC: You've all got 3,000 gold to work with, or can convert your shard into one enchantment of a level you can use; i.e. a level 3 enchantment, or one level 2 enchantment and one level 1 enchantment, or three level 1 enchantments.
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-09-02 at 11:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] WarCraft: Sands of Time IC Thread

I don't even know howmagic items work in 4e. I should read up on Implements...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Implements work like magic weapons. You add the enhancement bonus to your attack and damages.

4. - Top - End - #4

PirateCaptain

OOC: OOC to the OOC thread, please! Just make sure to edit in IC responses in those posts.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hethar-"Problems from Redridge you say? Why would town reject citizens from another town in the same kingdom?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xaile slowly turns in a circle taking in his first site of a city in Azeroth. How strange it seemed campared to the places he grew up in. Still a little dazed by everything, he addresses the whole party, "Could anyone help me with finding my way around town? I have no idea what things are...."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Having grown up in a city, Nurzhan offers to guide the elf through Goldshire. He understands how uncomfortable it is to be a fish out of water.

Nurzhan also takes the time to look for a magic items dealer, if there are any in this town. If they are to be the Heroes of Time, they will need to be properly equipped for the job. 3,000 gold should suffice, for now.

Nurzhan's shopping list includes the following:

1. Dwarven Scale Armor +1 - 520 gold
    2. Vicious Longsword +1 - 520 gold
    3. Flameburst Javelin +1 - 680 gold
    4. Amulet of Protection +1 - 360 gold
    5. A blank ritual book - 50 gold
    6. A good warhorse - 680 gold

Total: 2810 gold

190 gold should be more than enough to pay for other expenses incurred in Goldshire.
    Last edited by Aron Times; 2008-08-30 at 07:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hethar will start to Master Eye of Alarm.

Hmm, I think I better make a shopping list of my own. Hethar will look for the following items

1. Dwarven Chain Armor +1 -520
    2. Thundering War Hammer +1 -680
    3. Symbol of Life +1 -520
    4. Belt of Vigor Level. 2 -520
    5. Cloak of Resistance +1 -520
    6. Ritual Book -50
    7. Riding Horse -75
    8. Eye of Alarm components -25

Total: 2910 GP
    Left: 190 GP, that should be enough to last me

9. - Top - End - #9

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Silver View Post
    Having grown up in a city, Nurzhan offers to guide the elf through Goldshire. He understands how uncomfortable it is to be a fish out of water.

Nurzhan also takes the time to look for a magic items dealer, if there are any in this town. If they are to be the Heroes of Time, they will need to be properly equipped for the job. 3,000 gold should suffice, for now.

Nurzhan's shopping list includes the following:

1. Dwarven Scale Armor +1 - 520 gold
    2. Vicious Longsword +1 - 520 gold
    3. Flameburst Javelin +1 - 680 gold
    4. Amulet of Protection +1 - 360 gold
    5. A blank ritual book - 50 gold
    6. A good warhorse - 680 gold

Total: 2810 gold

190 gold should be more than enough to pay for other expenses incurred in Goldshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Keler View Post
    Hethar will start to Master Eye of Alarm.

Hmm, I think I better make a shopping list of my own. Hethar will look for the following items

1. Dwarven Chain Armor +1 -520
    2. Thundering War Hammer +1 -680
    3. Symbol of Life +1 -520
    4. Belt of Vigor Level. 2 -520
    5. Cloak of Resistance +1 -520
    6. Ritual Book -50
    7. Riding Horse -75
    8. Eye of Alarm components -25

Total: 2910 GP
    Left: 190 GP, that should be enough to last me
    You two find Goldshire to be devoid of magical equipment for bartering or sale, save for enchanted field equipment and a few nick-nacks here and there in possesion fo the guard. You may have to look elsewhere for magical items, perhaps by asking around in town for where to go or consulting your fellow party members.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

After failing to find equipment to help him on his quest Hethar approaches the town guard and says, " I can't help to notice that your more superior equipment is saved for the guards only but my master in Ironforge has sent me on a mission to bring back some arms for his personal guards. If you allow me access your armory I will be glad to pay you handsomely."

(should I roll a bluff check?)
    Last edited by Keler; 2008-08-31 at 12:04 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Thanking Nurzhan for his kindness in showing him around the town, Xaile, too, shared the disappointment of learning there were no magical weapons to be had. He had been looking foward to obtaining a new longbow, at the very least possibly better arrows. "Maybe we should try asking like an innkeeper or someone who is very familiar with the inner workings of the town to see if there are any better weapons to be bought," Xaile suggests to the others with him. (Nurzhan and who else?)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

You two find Goldshire to be devoid of magical equipment for bartering or sale, save for enchanted field equipment and a few nick-nacks here and there in possesion for the guard. You may have to look elsewhere for magical items, perhaps by asking around in town for where to go or consulting your fellow party members.
    Can I find a Riding Horse though?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

So no magic items for sale in town? Perhaps Nurzhan should focus more on getting a good warhorse.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"Hmm.... a warhorse could be very useful, though I think that I wouldn't have much use for a warhorse. What advantages does a warhorse have over a normal horse? I can't say I'm very familiar with horses..." Xaile askes his companions. "And does anyone know where the most popular tavern in town is?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Despite their great strength, horses are not very good in combat. When facing a dangerous foe, a horse's first action would be to run away. Warhorses are different from normal horses in that they are trained for battle; they do not panic and bolt when faced with a threat."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Korgar

Korgar was unhappy. He knew the form was an illusion, but he still hated looking so much like the pink-skinned High Elves to the south. He did not hold nearly as much hatred for them as his Forest Troll cousins, but there was still alot of tension. He avoided the Night Elf. He knew it couldn't be a High Elf, he was too tall and... purple to be, but there were obvious similarities. Luckily, being a mercenary captain he had learned how to barter, and so spent some time finding some food. He knew the others were looking for magical items, and he'd make a couple inquiries, but he didn't think there was anything that would interest him, namely weapons and armor. He decided to ask his "Allies" if they had any more luck than him.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateCaptain

As those of you leaving exit the inn you bare witness to one of the Lion's Pride Inn's infamous duels. A small ring as formed in the town's center plaza, which the Inn is adjacent to, and two guards who should otherwise be breaking up the scuffle have instead decided to participate in placing bets. The duelists are, from what you can glean from the crowd, some braggart son of the Maclure nobility armed with dagger and fencing, while his opponent is a doury faced Mage'sapprentice, hood draw tight over his features, the seal of Azora emblazoned on his robe. The two young'uns are sizing one another up warily and those with any magical training can spot the mana slowly beginning to surge in the palms of the apprentice's hands.

Looking beyond the dueling, now that daylight is fully upon the town, you can see Goldshire proper. It stretches across a single, large road that manages transit at it's crossroad junction to both Westfall, Redridge and beyond from anyone traveling to and from Stormwind. A large town, it features a bazaar subsection leading northward, towards Stormwind, aligned along the roadside with stalls and more permanent fixtures such as smithies, no doubt to attract the attention of travelers. Outside the oval that encompasses the road are apartments, with a few noble's villas and ranches just in sight along the northern ridges of the town at the forest's edge. Further beyond is open, verdant plain, ponds, lakes and small creeks, and lost within their periphary, covered in overgrowth and dotting the landscape, are ruined walls, the foundations of houses, and so on. What Goldshire ignored during it's rebuilding has slowly been reclaimed by the land it's self in the decades following it's destruction.

Nurzhan: Make a Perception roll, please.

Alle: You can hear over the commotion of the stalls one particular boisterous voice; he holds aloft a piece of artifice above his head with a crowd of tawdry-looking fishermen circling his stall. "I present to you, my fellow hard-working men, the Propellotronic 5000! With this device you can travel across the water as if your skiff was made of air! And with it's sister product, the Catchomatic 6000," He gestures behind him, to a large mechanical crane-looking device with a net attached to it, "you can pull in THREE times as many fish!" Upon second observation you realize that he is, in fact, selling your own inventions..

Xaile & Co.: A woman amidst the crowd turns and gives all of you a funny look. She's of sturdy, albeit rough, features, has fiery red hair and wears dull green leathers. "You boys not from around here? Must be some big wig's brats. Well boys, you're in luck! I happen to be the Light-damned best horse trainer, bare-back ridin', stable-owning lady in all of Elwynn!" She offers her hand with a frown. "I'll keep the details short; offer me a price and call me Erma."
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-09-02 at 11:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Passive Perception: 15
    Perception Check: (1d20+5)[12]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hathar
    To Erma: I would like to offer 80g for a worthy steed
    To Party: I Think we should go to Stormwind. After all, I we are to meddle with time I would like to see the effects on this kingdom
    Last edited by Keler; 2008-09-02 at 07:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

To Erma: "Thank you, kind lady. It is always a welcome sight to see a stranger so hospitable to those from far away. I would be interested in buying one of your warhorses, how much do you charge for them? Also, since you seem like a well-connected woman, do you know of any items... of a higher standard that might not be available in a normal shop that I can procure?"

To Party: "I'm so glad to finally meet such a sensible person, certainly a pleasant change from the humans I have known so far." Xaile comments with a joking grin towards the humans in the party.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Nurzhan waits for one of the duelists to fall before intervening. If necessary, he can channel the Holy Light to heal the mage should he fall. The winner gets his glory, the loser lives to see another day, and everyone is happy.

Hopefully the people here would listen to a human cleric who is definitely not a half-orc in disguise.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Kelly Feysmith

Kelly has been fairly quiet up until now. The tough fight has given her plenty to think about. "It used to be so much easier..." she thought to herself as she daydreamed about her previous invarnation where she could klay waste to entire squads of enemies without breaking a sweat. Now, she was having a tough time with gnolls...GNOLLS for Elune's sake!

"I must...train to make myself stronger. I will forsake the use of implements for now and force myself to rely on my own powers." With that, she turns to look at the fight as well, saving her gold for later.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Noticing the duel for the first time, Xaile takes a closer look at the contestants. "Hm... odd that they should be fighting each other. I thought humans were supposed to be on the same side. Solving a disagreement with force, most cases at least, isn't usually a good idea. Hehe... I know I've solved my fair share of "disagreements" with my bow and sword before...." Xaile thinks to himself as he observes the two circling each other. "Hopefully Enma will have some knowledge of where to get a good weapon, or will have a decent warhorse available at the very least...."

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateCaptain

The Duel

... does not last long. The fencer makes a single lunge that would've otherwise killed the mageling were he not spontaneously turned into a sheep with an audiable *Poof!* and accompanying smoke cloud. A murmur rushes through the crowd as the mageling's face is revealed, showing his half-orc heritage. Afterwards, the audience hesitates monetarily then begins to sullenly disperse, only a few dregs hanging about trying to dispute their lost bets while the polymorphed noble's son bleats irritatedly.

Erma

Looks disdainfully at Hethar before turning her gaze back up at Xaile. "If you can offer more then him", she nods towards Hethar, "I'll consider it."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hethar
    "Very well" says Hethar sounding offended "I will raise my offer if your horses as good as you boast. But I would like to observe your horses first. Surely if you have the Light-damned best horse in all of Elwynn there should be no trouble."

26. - Top - End - #26

PirateCaptain

Erma

"Are you doubting my abilities!?" She fumes and grabs Hethar and Xaile by the wrist, dragging them behind her as she stamps off to the stables and completely ignoring their pleas.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Kelly Feysmith

Walking up to Hethar, Kelly asks, "What's going on? Are you trying to buy a steed from that woman? She looks somewhat indignant."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

(Sorry everyone, I was busy this week and the IC thread sorta slipped my mind.)

Lemia thinks to herself, "Hrm... There was a Wizard Tower somewhere near Goldshire. I should go there, see about improving my gear, and find out the latest 'gossip'. I believe Azora's Tower is ... this way." And she heads off towards Azora's Tower when she can manage to break free from the group.

(Lemia's shopping list)
    Magic leather armor +1 (380 gp base price)
    Magic Orb +2 (1800 gp base price)
    Amulet of Health +1 (680 gp base price)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Alleyne looks over at the man hawking the propellotronic, and sighed, exasperated. He was about to confront the man, when he realized first that he was in disguise, and second that he was technically dead. He then thought something about how it was somewhat nice that his inventions seemed to be spreading across the Kingdoms. Also, the man might have engineering supplies for sale.

"Excuse me, do you have any engineering supplies for sale?"
    Last edited by Swok; 2008-09-04 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassetking View Post
    ...You don't know joy, until you look into the eyes of the GM, and see a scream of terror frozen right behind his pupils.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Are you doubting my abilities!?" She fumes and grabs Hethar and Xaile by the wrist, dragging them behind her as she stamps off to the stables and completely ignoring their pleas.
    She drags a 185 lb. dwarf with full Chainmail and armed with 82 lb. of equipment with one hand and dragging a elf with the other !!!
    Last edited by Keler; 2008-09-04 at 07:05 PM.