New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [4e] WarCraft: Sands of Time IC Thread

OOC: The first arc of the IC thread is over.

Thread Roleplaying XP
    : 300 to all those who participated

IC:

Lemia, Xaile, Alle and Kelly: Theocritus wipes a tear from his eye, continuing to laugh. "How the might have indeed fallen! To think that Archmage Ravensdale now serves at the beck of a WYRMLING!" He snorts with more laughter.

Nurzhan, Krogar, Hethar: Evening has approached. Your friends have disappeared off towards the east, beyond town. Erma has settled with your friends to rent out mounts at 100g a week rental fees. Despite the noble's pursuit and the Guards making a few arrests, everyone ( including the half-orc ) seemed to get by without any problems.
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-09-04 at 10:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Kelly

Looking at Lemia, she says, "I didn't know she was an archmage before. It explains a whole lot, actually..."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"Hmm... an archmage, eh? I assume that an archmage is a position of power and means that one is well versed in the ways of magic? And you never told us about that, Lemia." Xaile says. "Then again, none of us have really told much about ourselves..."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not looking to rent a horse. I want to buy one, since I don't think I'll be staying here for long."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hethar
    "Im planing on leaving to so I wish to buy a horse. I will pay generously for the trouble."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Glancing around the room, Xaile takes in for the first time, the extravagance of the setting, the hundreds of books lining the shelves. 'Wow, I have never seen this many books in one place...' Xaile thinks to himself. 'I can't even imagine what it would be like to live in this place all the time...'

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Kelly looks around as well. "This collection is impressive, but this is not the libraries of old from Dalaran. It's not bad, having all these knowledge at your fingertips, but sometimes it gets boring just reading."

8. - Top - End - #38

PirateCaptain

Nerzhun, Hethar: "Five hunnerd each." Says Erma, frowning at the prospect of losing more of her lot in the same day.

Everyone Else: Theocritus continues snigger for a moment and joins in once Dalaran is mentioned. "Believe me I've tried to reclaim some of that lost glory. Dalaran has been blanketed in an impenetrable barrier ever since the Fall. We're not even sure if anyone's still alive in there."

Immediate after, from behind Theocritus the room resounds in a great booming voice that shatters vials and glasses and shakes the very foundations of the tower. Perhaps you could benefit from the Tower's wisdom, Theocritus. You threaten to make enemies of the Bronze Dragonflight if you continue to spy upon it's agents. Cronan appears looming over the arch mage, tall and imperious -- for a Wyrmling. And do not ever underestimate a Wyrmling; we may be young for our kind but we're not foolish like you humans.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"It better be a very good horse for that amount. I don't have the time to have a horse trained myself; we're in a bit of a hurry. Let me see the horse before I hand you the money."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is haggling allowed?

11. - Top - End - #41

PirateCaptain

Pool's Closed

300 XP for everyone who participated in the IC thread. I'll reopen this when and if we don't end next session on a cliffhanger.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I left early last session. What happened after I left? Did we get any EXP?

13. - Top - End - #43

PirateCaptain

ACT 2:
    Into the Heart of Darkness

With the destruction of the Tower of Azora and the untimely (unconfirmed) death of Arch Mage Theocritus, you've no allies to turn to and have been stranded in a strange and foreign land (to some of you..). What you don't know is why you were sent here and not Booty Bay or elsewhere like Cronan instructed. Speaking of the Wyrmling, before he could slip through the portal the Epoch Hunter struck him with an attack that is necrotic in origin, highly potent, and is currently unconscious in this weakened state.

You're all beaten, tired, hungry and some of you, half-dead or worse, lost in a teeming, humid and repressive swamp in the middle of the night with numerous large, carnivorous creatures on the prowl.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Shirani; 2008-10-02 at 10:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

ooc - Eat our horses? Just kidding. We did bring them along thank god.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-10-03 at 12:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Looking around the swampy area, Xaile begins to think of a plan. "Someone needs to make sure there isn't anything left in that cave; if there isn't it would be a perfect place to set up camp... Actually, two people might want to check, never know what could be there.... Those two could keep our horses, will the rest of us split into pairs to scout the area to make sure everything is okay... at least within a 100 feet or so. We come back, rest for the night, and then tomorrow try and make our way out of here..." Xaile thinks out loud, the imminent danger and the anxiety driving away his normal reservedness. Turning to the rest of the group, he asks, "Does anyone have any better ideas?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Taking another look at his companions and seeing the battered state they were in, Xaile rethought his plan. "Er... maybe all of us should stay here and go into the cave..." he offered.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Kelly stands up after she had leaped through the portal and landed on her stomach. "That was...unpleasant. Is anyone hu...cripes. Look at Cronan! I'm not sure we can afford to split up right now."