New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Werewolf Classic VII - Game Thread

WEREWOLF CLASSIC VII – THE VILLAGE

Welcome to Werewolf Classic. It’s the original game brought to the playground by DM77. Narrator for this iteration is Zar Peter.

For all who don’t know the rules here there are:
    Spoiler
    Show

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf. The Devil does NOT know the other werewolves in the beginning.

Additional rules:

AUTOLYNCH: I talked with DM77 long ago and he said he don’t like autolynches because the people shall play and vote. We all know that there can be some circumstances in Real Life which lead to the occasion that someone can’t play anymore. If that happens I would be glad if you PM me and tell me you don’t want to get autolynched. I’ll write a nice deadscene and that’s it. If I get no PM and a player is two game days inactive this player gets a PM with a warning. If the player is inactive the next day, too, he get a PM with a very insistently warning. If the player is inactive another day I will kill his character in a horrible way.
    So, summary: Autolynches after 4 days inactivity.

A day will last a minimum of 48 hours, night will last a minimum of 24 hours. Wolves, Seer, Fool and Baner may PM me earlier about their scries, kills of banes so they don’t forget about their action, but the night still will last 24 hours. After the 24 hours I end the night when I have time, if I didn’t get all actions till then the actions are lost.

The intro for the game follows in the next post, roleplay is not necessary for the game but I will try to write my narration posts in the style I begin now.

And the last not last thing: If you want to read all role PMs here they are:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter
    Hello [Insert Neat Villagername here]!

Welcome to Werewolf Classic VII

Youre role is:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

The game will start soon, if you have questions don't hesitate to PM me. Please don't post questions about your role in the thread.

Have fun and good luck!
    Hello [Insert Neat Werewolfname here]!

You're role is:

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator (me), and I will decide. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

The wolves are:

The game will start soon, if you have questions don't hesitate to PM me. Please don't post questions about your role in the thread.

Have fun and good luck!
    Hello [Insert Neat Seername here]!

Youre role is:

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator to look into the heart of a player. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf, Fools see the Seer as Fool.

Have fun and good luck!
    Hello [Insert Neat Masonname here]!

Youre role is:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Masons. Your votes count as villagers.

The masons are:

Have fun and good luck!
    Hello [Insert Neat Devilname here]!

Youre role is:

Devil: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator to look into the heart of one player.
    The Devil Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf. The Devil does NOT know the other werewolves in the beginning.

Have fun and good luck!
    Hello [Insert Neat Banername here]!

Youre role is:

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves by sending a PM to the narrator. May protect itself. Counts as a villager.

Have fun and good luck!

The last thing is the player list, of course. I haven't forgotten, I just thought of it a little bit later...

{table=head]Nr.|player
    4|Griever
    6|dallas-dakota
    12|Shishnarfne
    15|Eldritch Knight
    23|Mustiado
    29|Dr. Bath
    36|Blue Umbrella
    38|PirateMonk
    45|The Rogue Monk
    [/table]

{table=head]player|dead because|role
    EmperorDemonking|lynched day 1|Villager
    Freshmeat_|killed night 1|Villager
    Whitehelm|lynched day 2|Villager
    evnafets|killed night 2|Fool
    detrevnisisiht|lynched day 3|Villager
    Raldor|killed night 3|Villager
    Banjo1985|lynched day 4|Villager
    xNadia|killed night 4|Mason
    Admiral Kelly|autolynched day 5|Villager
    Cult_of_the_Raven|lynched day 5|Villager
    Lex-kat|killed night 5|Mason
    Andre Fairchilde|lynched day 6|Villager
    Almighty Salmon|killed night 6|Mason
    EagleWiz|lynched day 7|Wolf
    Vampiric|killed night 7|Villager
    Mordokai|lynched day 8|Villager
    Frigs|killed night 8|Mason
    Tormskull|lynched day 9|Villager
    Istari|killed night 9|Villager
    Alarra|lynched day 10|Wolf
    Atreyu the masked Llama|killed night 10|Mason
    dragonprime|lynched day 11|Villager
    ThePhantom|killed night 11|Mason
    Uncle Festy|lynched day 12|Villager
    Jontom Xire|killed night 12|Villager
    Murska|lynched day 13|Wolf
    Kaboose|autolynched day 13|Villager
    Reinholdt|killed night 13|Villager
    Fin|lynched day 14|Wolf
    Phantom Fox|killed night 14|Villager
    Fleeing Coward|lynched day 15|Devil
    Helgraf|killed night 15|villager
    Aemoh|lynched day 16|Werewolf
    Shadow|killed night 16|Villager
    Ranna|lynched day 17|Villager
    Catseye2121|autolynched day 17|Villager
    Thes Hunter|killed night 17|Baner
    DarkCorax|lynched day 18|villager
    Vibrant|killed night 18|villager
    Slaanesh|lynched day 19|villager
    V.Z.|killed night 19|villager
    Haruki-kun|lynched day 20|wolf
    Recaiden|killed night 20|Mason
    [/table]
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-11-01 at 04:21 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Werewolf Classic VII - Game Thread

INTRODUCTION

Somewhere in a dense forest in the middle of Europe. Well, a little right of the middle of Europe, if you look at the earth in a way where the big continent full of ice is on the bottom.
    Two historians sneaking through the woods. Well, not really sneaking, more walking and stumbling over roots but well, they would say they are sneaking. In search for a sunken city. More a village, than a city, but in search. Somehow they got in posses of a note which said that a trek of about 50 people left the nearest city to live a better life in the woods. Somewhere here they must have settled. And really, finally they find a sign of former live… an abandoned village.

Gustav! Look here. Some ruins. And there even is a sign. Let’s wipe the moss away so we can read what it says… C…L…A…S…S…I…C…V…I…L…L…A…G…E… that’s all

Classic Village? What a strange name for a settlement. What do you think, Rene?

Well, I’m sure they had a reason for this. Let’s inspect the houses, maybe we find something…

But, after a long search in some of the ruins they find nothing. Well, the nature overtook most parts of it, but it didn’t seem as if the former inhabitants left anything worthy or durable. In the end there is only one building left. It stood in the middle of the village and looks like a church. Not a big church but it has a bell tower and a portal. But the signs on the portal don’t look familiar, nothing any religion today would use… at last no legal religion.

The two scientists enter the portal and walk through the church. The inside of the building shows a complete mess, wood splinters all around the place, the pulpit stairs where destroyed and on the high altar there was lying only one book.

A book?

A book? At last we found something which could explain all this mess… let’s see the title

The Diary of Father Peter, Cleric of the Church of Absolute Superiosness, beginning with the events in the town “Classic Village” after the settlers and I traveled through the woods.

Well, a very explaining title I would say.

Yes, someone wanted to be sure that everyone knows what’s in the book when reading the title.

Ok, but now come on! I’m curious what’s happened! Open the book, Gustav.

Well, page 1 says...

DAY 1:
    So I decided to make a diary. After the king banned the Church of Absolute Superiosness (from now on short CAOS), because he said there is no such word like superiosness, and tried to kill all it’s clerics I’m the last survivour. Fortunately I found a bunch of settlers who just traveled through the same woods I fled and took me with them. They said they wanted to found new village, based on their ideas of social life. Everything should be democratic, every single decision should be talked about and after that voted on. I didn’t bother much with this idea but offered my help as religious and astrological adviser (a hobby of me).
    So we came to this abandoned village in the middle of nowhere. It was perfect. Nobody knows why the former inhabitants left the village but that doesn’t matter, the houses are in a decent state and could get inhabited at once.
    But, as we all decided, the ONE AND ONLY WAY and the stars demand a sacrifice at first. Some blood must be spilled to tell the place who is owning it now. There’s no question that this action has to be done but the who will take time. As I said, everything democratic and such and so the people are standing outside and quarreling and voting about who will have the pleasure to give his blood to sacrifice the place…

DAY 1 HAS STARTED. PLEASE VOTE ONE OF YOU TO DEAD. THANK YOU.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-08-30 at 07:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Everybody: Ask a question about the wolf role.

Can wolves kill at night?

4. - Top - End - #4

Hope this post isn't too early.

Also, in the role PMs, you missed out the wolf/mason names...
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

xnadia, for not following my flawless plan.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post

Is Emperor Demonking a wolf?

@V Okay, has the wolf role been given to Emperor Demonking?
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-08-30 at 08:08 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I don't think that counts as a question about the role.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Does Emperor Demonking know who has the Wolf Role?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Perhaps it is Emperor Demonking?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to go hide in Switzerland.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Emperor Demonking, do you know the wolves?

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Atreyu, where are you?
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

13. - Top - End - #13

xnadia through first day logic.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Okay guys....I know it's become something of a fad to kill ED on the first day, but I really think we should let the poor boy play for once. *hugs ED protectively*

*points at EK instead*

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

A man suddenly talks up from the chair he is sitting in, oh that was Dallas.
    Everybody found him a little bit odd, but he knew much, he believed in their ideals and was very friendly.

Hmmm... I thought we agreed on no Emperors, demons or kings(Emperordemonking) when we left our previous lives...

(I know, but his question just doesn't sit well with me....
    A strange question but O.K.... :
    Are the wolves really werewolves, or are they just bad guys?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #16

It's a classic game so the wolves are wolves. I just didn't want to die before the game starts so you will notice the wolves after night 1

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is Emperor Demonking a wolf?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18

If a wolf wears wellies whilst walking west in washington, does that wolf wish to work weekends at Wendy's?

I'll let you decide, Emperor Demonking.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, this is shaping up to be the most uninformative day ever.

*random first day point at Slaanesh*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

(hey!)

Xnadia, how did you know about the werewolf names?
    trill in da playground

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Can the devil scry?

I am now a confirmed innocent. I have shown the town how to win this game. I can die a happy man.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

((Loved the flashback/diary idea. Great job Zar.

You know just cause EDK throws out his ideas, doesn't mean we have to listen to him. Or lynch him. Just saying.

First day random point: Cult of the Raven. RP later.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Almighty's alliteration allows awareness of its awesomeness.
    -TF2 Medic

24. - Top - End - #24

Phantom Fox for no reason whatsoever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Can the devil scry?

I am now a confirmed innocent. I have shown the town how to win this game. I can die a happy man.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

People can not ask (in thread) questions about their role.

Therefore if you post a question about a role, you cannot be that role.

27. - Top - End - #27

Can a narrator facepalm?

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Can the narrator be lynched?
    -TF2 Medic

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

Emperor Demonking, you sound very wolfish.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Can a narrator facepalm?
    Its flawless and we both know it.