failed the Str check, but I'll roll the Int check anyway:
    int - (1d20+4)[15]
    Character Sheets:

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Vega South Campaign

Spoiler
    Show
    If venderholfen agrees to the plan, he has the strength to stare the columns into toppling. Between the two of you, you point in the right location and he smashes it to bits.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Then I'll shall see if the other 2 agree to this plan before continuing down the yellow brick road... I mean, the path lined with columns
    Last edited by Anna_Irving; 2008-11-19 at 02:19 AM.
    Character Sheets:

4. - Top - End - #274

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mean to rail road. But at the same time, a certain pace needs to be held for anything to happen and prevent loss of interest.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Aetheas]

"Sounds like a plan to me. A wise man once said to me it did not make since at the time for I knew he could win easily but I think I understand... We must fight to run away. Go ahead, knock 'em down."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pirates of the Caribbean, FTW, anyone?
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No problems about the railroading. I'd like to get on with the plot as well.

Siernan
    warlock

The young warlock sighs a breath of relief as the tunnel behind them collapses without burying them all. That should keep those spiders off our backs for a while. Now hopefully there's a way out on the other end...

She look over her new companions as they walk down the tunnel. "I'm Siernan, by the way, wanderer, explorer, seeker of adventures and treasure. You got me out of a very tricky situation back there and I thank you for that. What are you two doing down here?"
    Character Sheets:

7. - Top - End - #277

[Aetheas]

"Aetheas. Trouble seems to follow us where ever we go, even though our reasons for being out here is purely innocent. We need shells. Carcasses, if you will, many of them, to allow the two of us to venture with the tribe." The healer stretches his hands over his head, finally able to get some rest for a bit. Despite the size, and length of this tunnel, the collapse behind him actually comforted him.

Spoiler
    Show
    That is, as long as the lack of peoples have not hindered this quest.

Also, I don't mind it so much as long as it isn't blatant and decisions can still be made.
    Characters:

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siernan
    warlock

"You belong to one of those wandering tribes? Which one? And should we have picked up one of the dead spiders back there?"
    Siernan chitchats. "And I don't suppose either one of you know where we're going? I'm afraid I don't know where this tunnel leads."

Spoiler
    Show
    spot - (1d20+2)[3]
    Int check to see if she knows anything about the smooth columns - (1d20+4)[24]
    Character Sheets:

9. - Top - End - #279

The tunnel stretches on for several hundred yards. At its end sits a pedestal, bathed in blue light from heat-less, smoke-less torches. The pedestal holds up a slanted chunk of granite bearing a semi spherical indentation. A skeleton lies along the tunnel wall propped up with its skull resting next to a root, pointing it's finger to a wall. It clutches a scroll in the other hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siernan
    warlock

"Well. This is unexpected. What's going on here, hmm."
    Siernan's eyes unfocus as she tries to sense the faint magical currents in the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=K(arcana)]1d20+8[/roll] to see what the magical heck is going on here
    spellcraft - (1d20+8)[19] to see if the torches are just for illumination or if they're integral to some other spell
    [roll=K(arcana)]1d20+8[/roll] to see if there's anything particularly important about that hunk of rock or the pedestal

"Aetheas, I assume you know the most about potential causes of injury or death. Would you please do me a favor and find out why that one there died, if you can, and how long it's been here? I suggest also looking for anything useful that we could take besides that scroll.

As for you, you large barbarian... I guess you could help Aetheas, unless you'd like to look at that wall. I wonder why it's pointing at that wall?"

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Character Sheets:

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Why didn't my rolls go through?

K arcana - (1d20+8)[17] to see what the magical heck is going on here
    K arcana - (1d20+8)[21] to see if there's anything particularly important about that hunk of rock or the pedestal
    Character Sheets:

12. - Top - End - #282

Spoiler
    Show
    The results of the magical analysis: I generally give spell names for knowledge arcana results and magical descriptions for spell craft results, but that isn't really a big deal. The torches are the result of a continual flame spell. Generally, for a permanent magic fixture, lines of arcane energy (magical conduits of power if you will) flow from an energy source to the device it is meant to power. There appear to be etched lines with the faintest wisp of magic running from the semi spherical indentation, down the pedestal, and into a wall. The lines vanish at the wall the skeleton is pointing at.

Incidentally, warlocks have the ability to detect magic, in the same way paladins can detect evil, which means they can do it all the live long day. I assume when she has the opportunity, Siernan does so (it counts as a standard action).

Ok, I haven't been keeping up with XPs, but everyone should have gotten some after that last fight, and it is about time for some leveling. Sooo... Venderholfen and Aetheas each have enough for level 2 (1000XP), Siernan is three quarters of the way there (so 750XP), and if ZaneLaCoix or anyone else wants to pull out one of the character sheets from a drop out, or if they make another character using the rules set out from before, those guys will start with 0XP. Any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to PM me.

Touching the skeleton will result in a roll for initiative. The party gets the feeling that messing with it is a bad idea, so they may rest and replenish spells before trying something.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay, exp! Filler post until I see if neoseph changes the description in response to my PM. After he gets back to me, I'll describe the room to the party

Siernan
    warlock

"Those torches look really useful. I really could use one in the dark..." Siernan walks up to one of the many magical torches attached to the walls of the room, taking care to stay away from the skeleton and the wall it was pointing to. She examines the torch, waving her hand above the flame to prove to herself it emitted no heat, and gingerly tries to lift it up from the sconce.

If the torch is firmly attached to the sconce and won't separate, she'll eldritch blast the sconce's attachment points to the wall.
    Last edited by Anna_Irving; 2008-11-20 at 12:25 PM.
    Character Sheets:

14. - Top - End - #284

Spoiler
    Show
    If the torch is firmly attached to the sconce and won't separate, she'll eldritch blast the sconce's attachment points to the wall.
    lmao. 50 bonus XP for blasting at the decorations in the cave. Your knowledge arcana result was high enough that what I described under the assumption you could detect magic is still valid.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siernan
    warlock

Holding her new light source aloft, Siernan walks around the strange display, looking at the rock and the pedestal but not touching anything. Then she pulls an empty sack from her backpack, wraps the torch, and sticks it in her belt. She examines the display again, then slowly paces towards the wall.

"From what I can tell, this display serves as a permanent magic source. It powers something, what I can't tell, because it's behind this wall. Or," she muses, "it could be this wall itself. I can't tell if the magical channels here actually extend beyond the wall."

"Oh, and those torches are spelled to always glow magically. This place seems to be secure to me. We can rest here a while, if you two need to. "

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=K arcana]1d20+8[roll] to see if the rock is the actual source of magic, or if it merely collects magic
    Character Sheets:

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try that again: K arcana - (1d20+8)[10]
    Character Sheets:

17. - Top - End - #287

Spoiler
    Show
    It is unknown where the magic is supposed to flow. It is not flowing now.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Spoiler
    Show
    Few questions: Vander and Aetheas each had 200xp before hand, and with this update, do we get enough xp to bring us up to exact level, or a further 1k?
    New character creation: Would one need to roll for stats like we did at the start, or can we just allocate as we wish, or can we tear stats from an existing character?
    HP, how do you want that done? As we created first level we did not have to worry about it, but with second level, we both get a new HD.

[Aetheas]

"Judging by our luck... Vander, if you would be so kind--crush it. Brunt force of course." Whether it be by luck, or intuition--at this rate under here, and after running across one undead before, high chances it would be the same here. But, just for s&g, from the sides, and with careful examination without touching the skeletal corpse of how it lies, the items around it, and any stains that may surround the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how to judge this... So how about a creative use of the Heal skill?
    (1d20+7)[17]
    Heal is often used to cure wounds, or at the very least, stabilize a character and patch up wounds. So, I figure, dead, nearly-dead, it's just a step away.
    Last edited by ZaneLaCoix; 2008-11-20 at 03:53 PM.
    Characters:

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show
    Aetheas and Venderholfen have exactly enough XP to be second level. For more characters, you can take the character as is from the drops. Stats, race, and class stay the same. The fluff may change. For a new character, the stat order needs to be rerolled as described in the recruitment thread. You may use that thread to post the rolls. As for HP, I don't normally allow this, but... Max. So d12 is 12, d6 is 6, etc.. The GitP thread roller is evil enough. This should help make up for that.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-11-20 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Spoiler
    Show
    Did Seffbasilisk drop? Drats. That would promote a problem. Venderholfen crushes the skeleton in one shot. The party hears, in a rather cryptic and creepy kind of way, Destroy. Kill. Fight. Obliterate. All life must perish. All life must suffer. It's not comeing from the skeleton. Roll for initiative.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-11-21 at 12:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Spoiler
    Show
    This may bite.
    I suggest sending him a PM, bugging him, asking basically, "what's up? You lose interest?"

[Aetheas]

"So, defeat one threat, acquire another. Just our luck. How you two holding out?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[19]
    Characters:

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Venderholfen

Still running on in his adrenaline-soaked view of the world, Venderholfen smashes the skeleton without even thinking about it. Still lost in the erstwhile frenzy, he flexes his jaw, his large canines very prominant. When the words are heard, Venderholfen merely incorperates them into his animalistic urges, and roars back with a primal vigor.

Initiative - (1d20+3)[21]

Spoiler
    Show
    Still around, just not on anything even resembling a normal schedual. I'll try to post more often.

Rage was to last eight rounds, by my count we're what? Four rounds in?
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2008-11-21 at 10:42 AM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siernan
    warlock

Blast it. I hoped to avoid this until later.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll-initiative]1d20[/roll]
    Character Sheets:

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Drat my inability to spell correctly.
    initiative - (1d20)[11]
    Character Sheets:

25. - Top - End - #295

A shadowy figure emerges from the wall, shrieking and raging. It's body is incorporeal, but that does not stop it from attempting to slam its fists through the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone please show their touch ACs and make a will save.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Venderholfen

Touch AC: 13 (11 in rage)

Willsave - (1d20+3)[23]

Still bound up in his primal nature, Venderholfen attempts to skewer the shade.

Attack - (1d20+8)[26]
    MissChance - (1d100)[95] (>50 = Hit)
    Damage - (1d8+7)[8]

(here's hopin' the spear's magic 'nuff to stabbity the shade.)
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

27. - Top - End - #297

[Aetheas]

Touch: 11

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[24] Will save
    (1d20+4)[24] Knowledge Religion to attempt to discern if this is an undead, and if so, what it is.
    Characters:

28. - Top - End - #298

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge religion results: The thing is an allip. It cannot deal physical damge, but it will drain your sanity if it hits you. Healing spells are touch, so if your touch attack misses, you are still holding the spell.

The spiderbane spear is not magical against anything other than spiders.

Both of you willed yourselves into the stratosphere. Hopefully your luck wont run out.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

[Aetheas]

TAC: 11
    HP: 8/8
    Wis 16

Well, this wouldn't be that bad, or so he hoped. The last spell he had in reserve of positive energy might be of use here. Conjuring up the last bit of the spell's energy, he pushed it through his hands, and into the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[8] If the level up isn't calculated into it. If it is, then add one.
    Cure Minor Wounds, 5 points of damage.
    Last edited by ZaneLaCoix; 2008-11-21 at 10:16 PM.
    Characters:

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Siernan
    warlock
    AC: 10 touch

Will save - (1d20+3)[4]

Attacks already rolled above.
    Round 1: Miss chance - (1d100)[10] (>50 = hit)
    Round 2: Miss chance - (1d100)[39] (>50 = hit)

EDIT: Whee, natural 1!
    Last edited by Anna_Irving; 2008-11-21 at 11:08 PM.
    Character Sheets: