1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Killer Rabbit [3.5]

Pipsqueak
    Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 1d10-1 (4 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 5 feet, 10 feet fly (good)
    Armor Class: 36, touch 36, flat-footed 36 (+2 size, +2 dex, +2 natural, +22 deflection)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-11
    Attack: Bite +5 melee (1)
    Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1)
    Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Magic actions, missileport, missile barrage, missile block, magic fix, missile rage
    Special Qualities: Missile defense
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 15
    Skills: Move Silently +6, Hide +10
    Feats: Weapon Finesse
    Enviroment: Urban
    Organization: Solitary or Warren (10-100 plus king and queen)
    Challange Rating: 19
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always true neutral
    Advancement: 2 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment: -

Pipsqueaks are tiny bunny-mouse-rocket launcher hybrids that fire off a flurry of magic missiles whenever they do anything. These missiles are protective of the pipsqueak and keep attacking their target until it no longer feels threatened. Not only are these missiles offensive, but they also give the pipsqueak a potent shield of force, and allow the pipsqueak to fly around at low speeds.

Combat

Pipsqueaks are peaceful little animals, unless disturbed. When attacked, they will at first try to run or fly away. If that fails, they will teleport towards their attacker, then proceed to use whatever actions they can to get missiles out. When damaged even one point, the pipsqueak will try to heal itself. If the pipsqueak has half of its hit points or less, it will fly into a missile rage.

When a pipsqueak warren is invaded, the king and queen (2 HD, double all missiles) pipsqueaks will command their brethren to be more offensive. All pipsqueaks immediately fly into missile rages and teleport into the square of the attackers.

Magic Actions (Su)

Whenever a pipsqueak takes any action during combat, it sends off a small magic missile, dealing 1 damage to an adjacent creature. The creature also takes 1 damage per round until the end of the encounter. This effect can take place before the action or after the action, at the pipsqueak's option.

Missile Defense (Su)

Thanks to its protective magic missiles, any damage dealt to a pipsqueak is reduced to 1, and pipsqueaks are immune to any type of non-damaging harmful effect.

In addition, whenever a pipsqueak is dealt damage, it sends off a small magic missile to the source dealing 1 damage, plus 1 damage per round until the end of the encounter.

Missileport (Su)

As an immediate or move action, a pipsqueak can teleport as greater teleport. On arrival and on takeoff, it sends off a small magic missile, dealing 1 damage to an adjacent creature. The creature also takes 1 damage per round until the end of the encounter.

Missile Barrage (Su)

As an immediate or standard action, a pipsqueak can voluntarily send out a barrage of small magic missiles at all adjacent creatures. Two missiles are sent per creature, dealing 1 damage per missile. The creatures also take 1 damage per round per missile until the end of the encounter.

Missile Block (Su)

As an immediate action, a pipsqueak can negate the effects of an attack which has dealt damage to it. It then sends out a small magic missile at its attacker, dealing 1 damage, plus 1 damage per round until the end of the encounter.

Magic Fix (Su)

As a full-round action, a pipsqueak can fully heal itself of all damage, as well as send out a small magic missile at each creature that damaged it, one per damage dealt, dealing 1 damage. The creatures also take 1 damage per round until the end of the encounter.

Missile Rage (Su)

As a free action, a pipsqueak can fly into a rage, which causes it to send out two missiles any time it would normally have sent one. In addition, its current and maximum hit points double for the duration. Missile Rage lasts until the end of the encounter.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Killer Rabbit [3.5]

Armor Class: 36, touch 36, flat-footed 36 (+2 size, +2 dex, +2 natural, +22 deflection)

AC is 38. Where is the deflection bonus from?

Debby

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

An ability which grants a creature full healing just screams broken.

Also, think about limiting down the abilities the creature has. Too many abilities becomes cluttered. Try to cut down to a set of abilities which give the monster a distinctive tactic in combat.
    Last edited by DaBull; 2009-01-06 at 02:09 PM.
    You will be confused.

Spoiler
    Show

Lords of Creation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently In: LoC 5: New Beginning(s)
    Previous Participation: LoCitP (Albatrix) and LoC:CoA (Sulmur)

DR/WS: 3/0
    Mights: 2 all
    AP:3
    Domains: Dimensions
    Divine Actions:
    Created the Second Dimension
    Created the Material Plane within the Second Dimension

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post

AC is 38. Where is the deflection bonus from?

Debby
    Magic missiles forming a wall of force :3

Quote Originally Posted by DaBull
    An ability which grants a creature full healing just screams broken.
    It has 4 hp :3

Quote Originally Posted by DaBull
    Also, think about limiting down the abilities the creature has. Too many abilities becomes cluttered. Try to cut down to a set of abilities which give the monster a distinctive tactic in combat.
    The original idea was just a million abilities which did 1 damage each. I don't know why I came up with this ridiculous idea, but I did. There's actually a lot less abilities there than I had originally conceived :3

Between your two questions I think that you do not realize that this monster is a silly one :3

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Man, that would be really embarrassing to get killed by...

It seems to me that these things fight better in Bulk...All this 1 damage until end of encounter stuff really adds up...

Probably a good thing they only have 2 Intelligence, otherwise when you fought 100 of 'em, they'd think to surround every single character in the party, and then Rage, and Missile the crap out of all of them...

Interesting Monster...I'd hate to fight more than 10 of these at once...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Bard - Let me tell you all a story from the annals of time. You all know of Dragons, Liches, and Slimes. But have you been forewarned of the unknown dangers!?

You see I may be thought of as crazy, and this may be true. But leave here with this. Even bunnies can thrill.

Several weeks later a band of adventurers come across a band of rabbits. The Ranger thinks they should camp for the night and have rabbit stew. They set up camp and prepare for supper. The Ranger said "It won't take long." Little did they know that the Ranger would soon be gone. When they went to find him and saw he was no more. All they could say from that day forth was...

Spoiler
    Show
    If it's cute and fuzzy, RUN AWAY!!
    My Homebrews

Spoiler
    Show
    What D&D race are you most like?

My Results:

Half - Elf Not quite human and not quite elf you can learn the ways of sword and magic, but are sometimes clouded with human emotions.

Request a Homebrew Requests #169, 170, & 313

7. - Top - End - #7
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Reopened at creator request.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.