New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group A IC

Arturo

"Me? I'm from here, there, everywhere. I was born here in Sharn, but for a few years I lived in Stormreach. 'Thought there'd be a whole storm of work out there, but all anyone does is mess about in sewers in that part of the world. I just got back here about two years ago, but I'm still not 'on my feet'." he says, chortling at the 'mess about in sewers' bit.

"Whaddabout you?"
    RIP Richard Wright: 1943 - 2008

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gabe

"Stormreach? You? It's hard for me to believe somebody with your taste in style and your liver wouldn't end up face down in the sewers yourself by the end of your first day there." Gabe says with as much humor as he can pull off in his current mood. Then he lowers his voice "Everybody be ready for a fight. They're right behind us." He draws his dagger and a single dart, still quite nervous.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

3. - Top - End - #63

Arturo

With a glare, Arturo snaps back at the halfling, "At least I was able to walk through 'em wivout drowning, knee-high."

But there's the right time for an argument, and then there's the right time to fight. Now was the latter. Drawing his shortsword and rapier, Arturo turns the way they'd come.

"Come and get it yeh bastards!" he yells at their persuers.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming that Arturo actually did see them, but with an 18, I'm sure he did.

And to be safe:

Initiative - (1d20+3)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64

Gabe

"Of course! Why didn't I think of it? You don't need to be street smart and sober to survive the rats, the lions, the shrouds, the hammers, the titans and the city guard itself, you just need to be a big, tall, visible target! I sure wish We had had a chance to meet when you were there, it could have saved me years of trouble!" comments Gabe.

When Arturo challenges the thugs, Gabe groans and dives for the shadows, ready to take aim at the first target to present itself.

initiative - (1d20+4)[11]
    hide - (1d20+13)[21]

5. - Top - End - #65

Arturo

"Jeeze! It's like I'm talking to a half- Oh wait! I am talking to a halfling. So assumptive you are, when you've known me for all of twenty strokes of a clock! I have no quarrel with you calling me on my weak liver. Alas, it is a point of pride. Costs less at a pub! As for my taste? I fail to see how my sense of fashion equates to street smarts at all? And since we're on the subject, paranoia also does not equal street-smarts. But neither does over-eagerness. Half of street smarts is control. The other half is knowing your way around a blade, little friend. Be not so quick to judge he whom you don't know." Arturo spits out with an astounding amount of clarity. Though most of what he said is his opinions, he is doubly more defensive than normal being still intoxicated.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Gabe

"Spoken like somebody who has never been to Stormreach." Comments Gabe quietly.

7. - Top - End - #67

Arturo

"Bah!" he exclaims. "You'd disagree with me if I claimed the grass to be green and the unclouded sky blue!"

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group A IC

Zalivane

"...how is Stormreach this time of year?" says Zalivane as he quietly draws his boomerang.

"I believe that you were in Stormreach. You seem to know the sewers' hazards."
    "The little halfling has obviously never been there. He does not understand the Traveler's Curse or the luck that seems to pervade some of the souls that inhabit it.

The end of his sentence is punctuated by a snarl as Zalivane wipes his face.

(d20+1)[15]

"Just tell us your purpose. It will save so much time. Do you really care?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Gabe

It takes Gabe a bit of effort to keep from bursting out in laughter at the Drow's claims. Luckily, not bursting out in laughter was literally the first thing members of the Fleas were taught. He could ridicule Arturo some more after the fight, if the drunkard managed to survive. Now was the time to trust in the talents which had kept him alive for so long in Stormreach.

10. - Top - End - #70

Arturo

"This time of the year? Probably as smelly as ever. Stormreach wasn't all bad though. There was this pleasure girl. Anette. Actually she was miserable. Nevermind. It was all bad." he says dismissively, steeling himself for the fight ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fierna

Behind us? drat...she whispers. how far behind?

she then takes a glance at the scorpion Mister Zalivane, would.... it be useful? it seems like capable of turning on us when the thing gets nasty.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+3)[15]
    Listen:(1d20+3)[5]
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[11]
    Last edited by Madmal; 2008-09-04 at 10:26 AM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show

spot: (1d20+4)[16]
    listen: (1d20-1)[16]
    Int: (1d20-1)[14]

Mortimus stays quiet, and (and did we pass the corner?) he will quietly pull out his sword.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

"I try not to tell Pex what to do, and in turn, he does not kill me when I sleep."
    "If you wish, I could at least try... but if he stings you, you will receive no help from me."

I try to get Pex to defend us against anyone who tries to hurt me.

[roll0] Handle Animal

"Be wary. There is someone ahead of us, bow at the ready. I think we have walked into an ambush.

If the professor is to blame for this... well, I really do not care."

14. - Top - End - #74

Garome

Garome bristles at the drunken humans claims that a halfling could be unfit for Stormreach, let alone anything else. "Ignore the lange dwaas," Garome sneers. "His people lack our proud heritage."

Garome goes back to trying to ignore the pair himself and keeping his eyes peeled for more attackers.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+8)[21]
    Listen - (1d20+10)[25]
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[18]

15. - Top - End - #75

As soon as Gabe dives into the muck near one of the alleys a number of loud clicks sound out from the street ahead and a trio of crossbow quarrels fly out at the party. One of the bolts slams into Arturo's back as he challenges the three men gaining on the party, and the other two skip into the cobblestones by Zalivane and Gabe.

Up ahead at a trio of alleys, what you thought were shadows suddenly resolve themselves into men as they struggle to reload their crossbows.

The largest of the three men behind the party curses and yells, "Yer supposed to wait, Khyber take y'idiots!" before spurring the other two on and running full on out towards the party.

Aelton lets out a yelp and digs into his coat for a brief second before grabbing a wand that looks like it's been patched up. He flourishes the wand at the largest thug and spits out a word, "Struaovx!"... and nothing happens. He looks at the wand incredulously and takes a few steps back towards the centre of the party.

[OOC: Alright, this is how I'm going to do each battle, with an MS paint wannabe program and colored dots. The three grey dots at the north are the skirmishers and the black dot with the two gray dots are the leader and the bruisers. The gray and red circle is Pex and the purple is Aelton. Each other circle on the map corresponds to each PCs speech color. I'm planning on having most of our battles have an interesting element of terrain, and muck is the best starter I could go for. Each square on the map constitutes a 5-foot square as well.]

Terrain
    The gutters and alleyways are lined with slippery muck, and on the street there are more than a few deposits that have yet to wash away. Moving over the gray squares costs double regular movement, but if you try to move at your full speed over them you must succeed at a DC 10 Balance check or fall prone.

Battle Map

Initiative and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    21- Thug Skirmishers 4/4, 4/4, 5/5
    20 - Thug Leader 22/22
    19- Thug Bruisers 8/8, 9/9
    19- Aelton 22/22
    18- Garome 16/16
    18- Pex 13/13
    15- Zalivane 15/15
    14- Arturo 7/20
    14- Mortimus 22/22
    11- Gabe 16/16
    11- Fierna 18/18

The thugs have all gone (the leader and bruisers rolled really well and the Skirmishers all had held actions to attack the first three PCs who started acting violently ). Pex will always wait for a new Handle Animal check before doing anything unless he's attacked. Since Aelton has gone it's top of the order for the PCs with Garome!
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-05 at 03:04 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

I'm the Blue one, right? Then I'm out of range.

(d20)[5]+5

There. That's my Handle Animal to tell Pex to go sting the guys behind us.

As for me - using my Drow Scorpion chain, I charge at the thug to the north.

"Oh."

(d20)[14]+6 Attack with Chain

17. - Top - End - #77

Arturo
    HP: 7/20 - AC: 17

At the first instance of pain, Arturo's first thought is that the little halfling bugger actually did it. He actually tried to stick him with his back turned, and succeeded. But through the searing pain he realises it's a crossbow bolt, square between his shoulders.

Moving over to an alley entrance, putting as much between him and the shooters as he can, Arturo pops a vial hanging at his belt and downs the viscous liquid in a hurry, presenting himself again as an easy target just for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move to the square at P27
    Standard Action: Drink a Potion of CLW

DC 10 Balance Check - (1d20+6)[13]
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+2)[10]
    Last edited by Hlaine Larkin; 2008-09-04 at 10:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Garome
    HP: 16/16, AC: 15

The feral halfling slips the spear free of its holder and spins around, lunging forward to attack the bruiser behind him.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move L30, draw weapon
    Standard Action: Attack
    To Hit - (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage - (1d4)[1]

Yep... I'm in a good position to get myself killed now.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mortimus

putting his sword away, Mortimus draws out his longbow. With it he aims at the closest archer, and shoots at him.

(1d20+1)[12]
    (1d8)[1]

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

20. - Top - End - #80

Gabe

Gabe grimaced. those same three thugs from the tavern, along with another three armed with crossbows. Hadn't he warned them about this? He was in the worst position he could possibly be in. Not only did he have next to nowhere to hide, but it was worthless anyway, he had already been seen. He decided to hope for safety in numbers and dashes toward the rest of the group, quite audibly saying "Your fault!" as he passes Arturo.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using my Standard action as a second move action, ending my turn in I25

21. - Top - End - #81

((messed up....))

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: draw crossbow
    Attack:Bruiser at L31

1d20+4
    1d8
    Last edited by Madmal; 2008-09-05 at 02:05 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.

22. - Top - End - #82

Fierna
    I guess talking won't let us to nothing now that bolts have been shot... with this she turns and shoots at Garome's target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: draw crossbow
    Attack:(1d20+4)[22] Bruiser at L31
    Damage:(1d8)[7]
    Last edited by Madmal; 2008-09-05 at 02:06 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

The party bursts into motion as the thugs begin to close in on them. Garome bravely moves to face the three thugs and with a valiant stab manages to nick one of them on the arm. The man leers and taunts the druid.

"You gotta do better than that, half-pin-"

His insult is cut short as Fierna's crossbow bolt lodges in his chest, sending him falling to the ground in a heap. Gabe and Arturo switch places from the street to the muck, and to everyone watching you can't but think that neither could deal with having the other near them. Pex doesn't seem to be paying much attention to you as the world erupts into danger. The chitinous creature makes a beeline to a nearby alley to escape the chaos. Zalivane charges towards one of the thugs, and after a chaotic moment on a patch of muck manages to lay open the man's neck with the dagger end of the chain. Mortimus' arrow skips off the building just inches from the crossbow wielding thugs head, eliciting a colourful curse from the man.

The crossbowman just north of Zalivane pales at the flurry of chains and fires his bow at the drow, only to have it go wide. The other man loads up his crossbow again and fires right back at Mortimus, pegging the knight in the sternum.

The biggest thug let's out a curse as the man to the right of him goes down.

"You get the girl," he says to the other thug before screwing up his face and letting out a bellow, "The plan's blown the rest of ya get the hells out here!" the big man then slices his sword deep into Garome's body before stepping up behind the other thug.

The second thug pales at seeing his buddy fall but steps up to Fierna and just misses her with a swipe of his sword. Aelton jabs his wand at the thugs but again, nothing happens. From further up the street you see two men dashing towards the battle and a loud yelp from the alleyway that Pex just went into. As Arturo savors the healing effects of his potion another forms runs by him, giving the swashbuckler an unmatched chance to stab the club-wielding form in the back.

Terrain
    DC 10 Balance check or fall prone when moving through the gray patches at full speed.

Battle Map

Initiative, Placement and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    21- Thug Skirmishers 4/4 G12, 4/4 L7
    20 - Thug Leader 22/22 J30
    19- Thug Bruisers 9/9 J29
    19- Aelton 22/22 K27
    18- Garome 6/16 L30
    18- Pex 13/13 F18
    15- Zalivane 15/15 L11
    14- Arturo 17/20 P27
    14- Mortimus 16/22 J26
    11- Gabe 16/16 I25
    11- Fierna 18/18 J28
    8- Thug Clubbers 4/4 O28, 4/4 E18, 4/4 I1, 4/4 J1

Sorry for the color confusion from the last map, this time it should be easier with everyone's co-ordinates written in. Once someone goes down they are effectively removed from the map to save confusion.

I'd also like a Listen check from Zalivane, and an AoO on the Thug Clubber at O28 from Arturo.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-05 at 04:41 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Arturo

With speed and skill, Arturo reacts the the sudden passer-by by lashing out with his trusted Rapier. "Eat it, thug!" he shouts as he makes his move.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack of Opportunity:
    - Rapier -
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d6+1)[5]

- Shortsword -
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d6+1)[3]

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zalivane

"You can save much time for yourself by simply stating what the original plan was."

"You can go afterwards. I promise."

Scorpion chain still whirling, Zalivane moves slowly to the thug in L7. Using the chain, he attempts to trip and tie up the thug.

(I think you get an attack of opportunity regardless.)

He moves slowly, turning to he left a little to shout to the group,"Did you hear something in the alley?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

[spoiler]
    (d20)[1]+3 Trip Attack
    (d20)[7] +5 Listen Check
    (d20)[17] +2 Strength Check
    I spend an action point, trying to make the attack especially nonchalant and cinematic.

[/spoiler[

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Grab her!? Mortimus hears Zalivane, and he himself looks at the alley. He will try to determine if/which party members are missing.

Spoiler
    Show

spot: (1d20+4)[19]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

if failed, he will drop his bow where he is, move toward the thug to I 28 while drawing his sword, and attack him.

Spoiler
    Show

attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    damage: (2d6+4)[8]

if successful, and i can see them. then different action.

29. - Top - End - #89

Mid-Turn Update

The club wielder doesn't even have time to reply to Arturo's witty rejoinder before the swashbuckler's rapier stabs into his side. The man groans and falls in the muck, unmoving.

Mortimus looks around in haste for what he thinks may be a missing person, and while looking around he sees Arturo expertly skewer a man with a club. No one is missing, and with a flash of realization you know that the larger thug was merely telling the other one to kill Fierna, not to grab anyone.

Arturo, you've got your regular round to take now.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Arturo

"That'll shut that halfling up." Arturo says triumphantly as he wipes his blade on the back of the face-down corpse he just ran through.

"Time to teach you bastards you don't mess with Arturo-fething-Haus!" he yells at the thugs, moving towards the two thugs that had followed them.

Spoiler
    Show

Arturo moves at full speed to L29.

Balance DC10 Check - (1d20+6)[25]

Hopefully he doesn't get rocked with another bolt!

Last edited by Hlaine Larkin; 2008-09-06 at 12:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show