New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Erfworld 119, page 107

I can see it! The link is there but when I click it, I just get web page not found

Time to leave for work, hopefully it's up and running by the end of the commute
    No it's not that, it's Dan backwards, jeeze!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 119, page 107

I get that too.

I WANT MY ERFWORLD!
    Matthew Greet
    My purpose in life is to play games.

3. - Top - End - #3

Yup, same here. First time I've been online when it's updated and it broke. I think I should maybe log off now, give you all a chance

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

I just read it, no spoilers for you though

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, nice background strip. Don't want to give spoilers either.
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2008-09-02 at 05:15 AM.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can see it as well! Go look! Now!
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.

7. - Top - End - #7

Aaah, the cliffhanger, it's killing me!

Great strip, gives answers and then more questions ! More then ever I'm enthralled to the narration and wishing the next update would be there when I hit the submit reply button

8. - Top - End - #8

WolfInSheepsClothing

Its up, thankfully... otherwise I would have spent all of my work morning refreshing the screen, eating bandwidth and slowly losing my mind!

So wait, either Parson is in for a big suprise or there are two foolmancers? Even better, did the foolmancer make a fake foolmancer for Stanley to steal? This plot seems to be building up when that post from Rob made it seem like it was going to start winding down.

Regardless, I'm hungry for yet another strip already :)
    No it's not that, it's Dan backwards, jeeze!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

oh, so he is Jack, not Joker
    Last edited by Fenix; 2008-09-02 at 05:32 AM.
    "The Order of the Stick was here!"
    OOTS fan &

10. - Top - End - #10

ClericGirl

And so it begins. The only question is whether the gas and liquid traps being activated at this moment are to harm the attackers, or merely channel them to where they can be more thoroughly/efficiently harmed later in the turn.

Next would be to see what Parson has in mind with Jack, which I imagine would be the remainder of his plan to save Stanley, at least for this turn so his defense of GK can play out properly, since Stanley is still clearly at risk. Transylvito would have withdrawn the ambush if they clearly had no chance without Charlie, rather than send their heavy warlord. Therefore they must feel have at least a reasonable chance against Stanley even without Charlie.

My guess, given that the odds of detecting a cloaked stack under these specific circumstances seem to be rather good, is that Parson will use the loyalty hierarchy to try to get Jack to Fool Stanley into going the wrong way or just in circles for the turn for Stanleys own good, rather than trying to cloak past the blocking force with such poor odds of success. The loyalty rules seem to allow this, since it would keep Stanley safe from the lethal trap.

It has the additional benefit of sowing more discord among the alliance when Stanley fails to show up as promised, especially if the air units would have prevented or mitigated what Parson is about to do back at GK had they not been off on a wild goose chase.

We shall see. :)
    Last edited by VariaVespasa; 2008-09-02 at 05:40 AM.
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Oh... my... goddess...
    Jack is the Foolmancer that veils Stanley's troops. Stanley heavily found his plan on having dragons veiled.
    By telling him his name, Jack is going to restore his sense of self. And he has a crash for Jillian... who is present, on the enemy front!

The power of love!

Now Stanley is really crapped.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

And tensions increase within the Coalition expedition, as Caesar disparages Jillian's leadership ability and accuses her of lying, and then finds out that a rather important bit of information hasn't been shared with him (or, worse, with Transylvito generally?)....

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VariaVespasa View Post

Next would be to see what Parson has in mind with Jack, which I imagine would be the remainder of his plan to save Stanley, at least for this turn so his defense of GK can play out properly, since Stanley is still clearly at risk. Transylvito would have withdrawn the ambush if they clearly had no chance without Charlie, rather than send their heavy warlord. Therefore they must feel have at least a reasonable chance against Stanley even without Charlie.

My guess, given that the odds of detecting a cloaked stack under these specific circumstances seem to be rather good, is that Parson will use the loyalty hierarchy to try to get Jack to Fool Stanley into going the wrong way or just in circles for the turn for Stanleys own good, rather than trying to cloak past the blocking force with such poor odds of success. The loyalty rules seem to allow this, since it would keep Stanley safe from the lethal trap.
    I totally agree with this post. It´s exactly my thuoghts. I wonder what is going to do Caesar Borgata when Stanley fails to appear. Will he return to GK? Will he croak Jillian as a traitor? It would be great an air battle between the Transylvito-Coalition air forces and the Archangels...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I should've known his name was Jack. It seems Jillian also admires him as well. Hopefully, we'll see more of him.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is the blonde someone we know?
    For another fantasy webcomic with Dungeons and Dragons, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Nad View Post
    So wait, either Parson is in for a big suprise or there are two foolmancers?
    Er...how do you figure that out? The Foolamancer of FAQ was Jack, and Stanley presumably took him from there when he took the kingdom, just like he did Wanda. Don't see why any of that would be a surprise for Parson.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Things just keep getting better.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Er...how do you figure that out? The Foolamancer of FAQ was Jack, and Stanley presumably took him from there when he took the kingdom, just like he did Wanda. Don't see why any of that would be a surprise for Parson.
    Yeah, Parson says to get Jack, the Foolamancer currently with Stanley, because Stanley won't listen to a word Parson (or anyone at GK) has to say.

And i don't know how do you figure that Duty thing. The Foolamancer has to obey Stanley over Parson. The only way i see this resolving is either convincing that he has to disobey Stanely in the belief that it is for his greater good (like making him beleive he they had already passed the choke point... it seems really unlikely IMO - rather convincing Stanley to wait a turn) or Parson using the Luckamancy charms to get the veil work through the choke point. It seems that each warlord present gives bonus to discover a veil.

And well, if the sword possess Parson when he is holding it, he clearly can let it go when he wants.

Edit: and yeah, it'll be good to see the consequences to Jillian if Stanley doesn't show up. Surely will bring suspicion of her working for Stanley.

Edit2: and i'll like to see "distraction" working... damn, this was really a really good update to see
    Last edited by PePe QuiCoSE; 2008-09-02 at 07:11 AM.
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

AUGHGGHHHHH!!

The @#$%@#$ suspense is killing me!

Edit: Oh and the name of the foolamancer - how appropriate. "Just the faq, Jack"
    Last edited by pdwalker; 2008-09-02 at 07:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The best option for team Jillian is to just let Stanley pass and don't fight. I don't think thats happening though. Actually I'm betting if they pretend the viel works Stanley will just have his dwagons take the first strike and whipe them all out. Liqued and gas traps are in a tunnel are just bad... This all seems so tragic for Ansom and his friends.

What in the world happened to the other to the predictamancer? And why didn't the predictamancer know about the dwagons ahead of time? Under normal circumstances, the predictamancer knew every city that would have been seen.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2008-09-02 at 07:18 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PePe_QuiCoSE View Post
    Yeah, Parson says to get Jack, the Foolamancer currently with Stanley, because Stanley won't listen to a word Parson (or anyone at GK) has to say.
    I think when Parson says to "get" Jack, he means, "get him on thinkagram", the way you'd tell an assistant to get someone on the phone for you.

Parson knows that the foolamancer is with Stanley, since Stanley pinged Maggie to find out his name (interrupting Parson's call to Ansom, IIRC).

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PePe_QuiCoSE View Post
    It seems that each warlord present gives bonus to discover a veil.
    I don't think it's so much a cumulative bonus as it is numerous instances. 11 Warlords times 30 veiled units gives you 330 chances to roll the Erfworld equivalent of the natural 20 needed to see through the veil.

The fact that Vinny only said 300 chances means that everyone there is discounting one pair of Warlord eyes, and I can wager a guess as to which particular set of peepers he's excluding.
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-09-02 at 07:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I missed something... where did parson get the 3d classes from?

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    I don't think it's so much a cumulative bonus as it is numerous instances. 11 Warlords times 30 veiled units gives you 330 chances to roll the Erfworld equivalent of the natural 20 needed to see through the veil.

The fact that Vinny only said 300 chances means that everyone there is discounting one pair of Warlord eyes, and I can wager a guess as to which particular set of peepers he's excluding.
    He said aboutm as he is also gessing that there are 30 units. Might be more, might be less, just go with best estimate. It also explains why Ansom didn't trust the bat sccout, as since it wasn't a warlord it is automaticaly fooled by viels. This would also explain how FAQ remained hidden for so long. Predict and Fool (now with extra distractions), part of this complete subtrefuge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    If the players figure out and try to stop this from occuring, the wizard instantly crafts a HUGE mound of quarterstaves and clubs to obscure himself before teleporting out.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shinjikarity View Post
    I missed something... where did parson get the 3d classes from?
    His first Stupid Meal I think.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Does the 'apparently came along without orders to either 'croak a big nasty thing himself' or provide a better leadership bonus than Vinnie or Jillian' vampire remind anyone else of spike from BtVS?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HOLEkevin View Post
    Is the blonde someone we know?
    The Transylvito warlord leading the group that arrived to reinforce the expedition, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    He said "...he's got 30 or so units. So there's like 300 chances to blow the veil..." (emphasis added). The number 300 is an approximate estimate.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2008-09-02 at 07:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Also I was hoping this would be the "Parson opens up a can of whupboop" update. Then again he's opening up at least three including the gas and liquid traps and "somethingsomething" with Jack the Foolamancer.

Wonder how many names Stanley has tried.

(after 36.089 failed attempts)
    -Is it Torquemada?
    -Nope.
    -Wolfgang?
    -Doesn't feel like it, no!
    *crackle*-Gobwin to overmasterchosenlord, come in?
    -WHAT!?
    -Uhm, his name is Jack, Sir.
    -Jack. D'OH!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Varia, I think you may have hit the nail on the head as to what happens next. Also, I'm assuming that "Jack" is a pop culture reference; can anyone enlighten me?

Great strip; can't wait to see what happens next...
    Grow my dragons ---->

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm... the Fool has a crush on her?
    Jack'n'Jill, you say?

Hmm...
    Not a robot