New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Freedom Or Prison Chapter 1

Charna

Hmmmm... maybe this area was more closed off than Taevus believed.
    Despite her sudden concern with the guards, Charna moves towards them confidently, every line of her posture saying she was meant to be here, that they shouldn't care that she is here, and that they should be very respectful towards her... and if not... well...
    Unless prevented, she moves right up to the gate, waiting for the guards to say something.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-09-13 at 12:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Hinric

Upon seeing the guards Hinrics step falters and a evil grin replaces the jovial one. He looks at the others as they walk up the street

I suggest you all hide it seems the witch is trying to get herself killed.

With that he makes a few simple gesture and he disappears. He sprints up past Charna and up to the gate. Right before he reaches the gate those that can see him see him stomp the ground with his right foot. His pace does not falter as he reaches the gate and he moves his foot up onto the gate and he begins to run up the gate itself. When he reaches the top he jumps over and into the crowd where he begins to hide. From his hiding spot he will begin to observe all the guards as well as his companions.

Spoiler
    Show

that would be a casting of invis
    activate the slippers
    move silently on the gate (1d20+26)[43]
    a jump check into the crow on the other side (1d20+1)[20]
    and a tumble check to lighten the fall after the jump (1d20+15)[22]
    deactivate the slippers
    and then a hide check in the crowd (1d20+48)[67]

and I don't know if you play it this way but I have played with DMs who do but anyone trying to see me while invis must beat a caster level check of 18
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2008-09-13 at 01:37 PM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star slowly follows the others and appreciates the breeze over her skin, if not the intruding smells of the city. She looks around and approaches the gate with the others. Another fence to keep her in. She puts her hands on the bars and stares out, waiting for a few moments to see what will happen. Kenja's beady eyes can be seen in through her hair as he peers out.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taevus sighs.

"Halfling, your idea has a merit we could use for our discussed plan of action. You are correct in that we do not have any money, no connections, and without those there is little hope. However, you idea, to act has hitmen got me thinking - If we approach the nobility of Yelt, and explain our plan to kill D'arvik, asking them only for financial backing, they may grant us whatever we need. It is know that Fringe and Yelt are enemies, and killing such an high citizen, however corrupt he may be, as D'arvik could be very high on their list of a budget. It combines your plan with our goal."
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Hinric manages to hop over the fence without being noticed and disaapears into the crowd.
    As you walk towards the gate the men with spears suddenly notice and appear shocked, by not only where you are but how outlandish you all look.
    What?! One of them men calls out; What on Earth are you doing in there? Get out here! In the name of the Gods you shouldn't go in there! The men swing open the gate, noticing Star is naked the mens' faces turn increasingly crimson; Woah uhh, Lady - I'm gonna have to ask you to put clothes on - It ain't decent!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star laughs as she walks out from behind the bars. She enjoys their stares, the crimson faces. She flicks her hair back and walks up to the man who suggested she put on clothing. She reaches forward to touch his cheek, Why? Don't you enjoy seeing me? She puts her other hand on one hip and saunters closer. I really must thank you for opening the gate, makes things so much easier. It was incredibly boring in there. Do you happen to know where I can wash up? I feel completely filthy, and she probably looks that way as well after being locked up for so long.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2008-09-14 at 07:26 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

The cultist sneers down at the guards.
    "It's the gods who tell people where to walk and prevent them from going where they want."
    She passes through the gate, dismissing them from her eyes. They were pitiful mortals with constrained mortal vision... nothing that mattered to her. Frightened of a few superstitious beliefs- she could show them truths worse than their pitiful fairy tale fears... truths that would make them writhe and claw out their eyes as they attempted to comprehend and ignore them.
    Pathetic.
    She glances around, looking for anywhere that catches her eye.

8. - Top - End - #68

Taevus merely bows his head as he passes through the gate. No need for useless threats or theatrics.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Ummm uhhh you're lovely... The guard stammers; But I can't let you walk round Yelt naked missy! People will stare and there are a few... undesirable types who won't tell you to put clothes on! IF you wanna wash up theres a few taverns hereabout that will let you have a room for a while, and may I suggest you buy some clothes here? The guard motions foward ushering you ahead of the gates and now on the edges of a large market selling rugs, clothes, fruits, vegetables and other sundries, on the left is a tavern called The **** and Basset with houses sourrounding the busy market square and another Tavern on the right called The Yellow Bell.

OOC; I meant it as in cockerel!
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-09-16 at 01:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star smirks a little and rearranges her hair, it covers her sufficiently. Darling, people see what they want to see, not what's actually there. Now, it looks as though only her arms are bare and her lower legs and feet. Little beady eyes stare out from her hair at the guard.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #71

Banadi walks briskly by the guards, stopping and looking back as Star talks with one of the guards over her lack of clothing. He can't help but give a small smile at the effect she has on the guard, but quickly stifles it. He tilts his head for a moment, reflecting on the woman's lack of clothing himself.

I judge not, as the Morninglord Judges me.

Satisfied with this, he follows behind the rest of the group.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

Charna attempts to judge the level of wealth of the two taverns and peers at the folk entering them for any sign of what the regular attendees are like. She doesn't have much hope for either place, and is definitely considering passing them by.
    What she really needs is a powerful wizard, not a tavern... though given the right location...
    Hm.
    The dreamer stares back at the guard occupied with Star, the roar of the flashing waves and lightning of the dreaming world almost echoing behind her in a way that catches attention, though no normal man would be able to perceive or explain it.
    "You. Tell me what you know of powerful magic users in this city."
    Her voice brooks no argument.

Spoiler
    Show
    This seems like an intimidate check to me... not really a gather information, more like something to force cooperation.
    (1d20+22)[24]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

The soldier seems at least partially satisfied by Star's Hair movements and turns to the new woman, her scary demeanour soon puts him in order; Uhhh, Magic? In Yelt? Good Luck Maam, its illegal in the streets without the proper licences! As well you should know! Though if you wish to know more Councillor Wilhman will be able to help you... He resides in the Noble District though you'll be able to speak to him on Monday Morning in Office.

Charna
    Spoiler
    Show

As you look over the two taverns you discern that both seem pretty low standard with the usual assortment of heavies coming to and fro.
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-09-19 at 09:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

"Illegal in the streets...? Then you must have some way to enforce that rule besides just guards, correct? A way to remove or counter magic that has been performed, yes?"
    Charna sees a potential opportunity here...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star considers Charna's question a very valid one, and she finds it very curious that magic is outlawed on the streets. She waits to see what the answer is.

Kenja, her lizard, takes the opportunity to move through her hair and see what is behind her and around, by sticking his head out a bit further.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

The guard looks highly confused by the questions; You ask some might weird question, look mighty weird an' all. The soldier's eyes rove over the group; Well seein' as you asked, I'd best tell ya'. A couple a 'undred years ago, there was this proper powerful wizard an he did rip the city to shreds. Eventually he got caught an' ever since theres been a ban on magic in the street an' anyone seen breaking it has the Illegal Magic Task Force called on 'em. If you see's any magic you can call 'em by saying the words Illegal followed by Magic followed by Use. An a task Force comes out an' they ain't nice!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

Charna glances at the others, then smiles at the guard, taking on a more friendly tone.
    "Forgive my ignorance, but I've only recently come to the city, and I've had a problem of more... arcane nature. I was hoping to find someone to help me sort it out.
    "I don't think summoning the task force would look good, but do you think they would be able to help me if I contacted them in a more appropriate manner?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star is beginning to get bored. She looks around and then starts walking around. She looks down the closest alleys and streets. She's looking for anything interesting or any interesting people. Ones that are staring at her, or others in her group. She also listens for interesting snippets of conversation.

Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

The soldier smiles at Charna, albeit a very forced smile; Well its a saturday today, Councillor Wilhman will be in on Monday Morning at the Grand council buildings, he's the 'ead guy as it were! If it is a dire problem m'aam, then Captain Girras is head of the Illegal Magic Task Force, he has the reins over the weekend, he may well be over at the council buildings an all today.
    As Star looks around the first thing she notices is the stares, no one is stopping but everyone walking past gives the group a large stare, you are on the edges of a market and the talk you here is mostly of the market including this weeks shortage of Fish and how Mr. Hirren dare show his face round here after last week. You see the two Taverns of the Market Square, a pickpocket plying his trade and a homeless man sat at the entrance of an alleyway drinking froma bottle.

20. - Top - End - #80

Banadi listens to Charna's conversation with the guard with interest.

Hmm. Perhaps we should pay this man a visit.

Banadi strolls briskly back to Charna and the guard, endeavouring to catch his attention with a short wave.

Greetings, good sir. I was wondering whether this ban on magic applied both to Arcane and Divine applications? I was planning to earn a few coppers on the side by doing some healing where it is needed, but if that is illegal, then it may prove a problem.

Banadi gives the guard a friendly smile.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

"And if I wanted it to be taken care of sooner? Would there be a way to do that?"
    Charna smiles, asking nicely as if she didn't really need to do it so soon, but found it would be better and nicer to get it done early. She doesn't want to unnerve or push the man, just get information out of him.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

The soldier answers both in turn; Well see, the ban applies to all the magics round 'ere, those who do 'ealing 'ave a licence to do so! I must say its mighty cheaper than getting an arcane licence! Turning to Vael, though adressing everyone, I told ya's, Councillor Wilhman will be in on Monday and he's the one who does the licences, I dunno about Captain Girras, he may 'elp ya, he may not! He's a tough old git to say the least! The guard pauses for a slight moment; Anyway what you askin questions for? You ain't from round here are you? And what you doin coming out of there for? The guard points back into where you came from.
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-10-02 at 01:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Charna

Charna pauses, looks at the guard, smiles, then leans forwards towards him, letting the full influence of the maddening realm she is a part of slip out into reality, giving her an aura and appearance of such power that she changes from curious and polite to completely terrifying. No one else besides the guard will really notice the change, though they'll likely notice his reaction to it.
    "You don't want the answers to those questions."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check to make the guard whimper and curl up into the fetal position rather than bother me with questions...
    (1d20+22)[32]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Star

Star turns to watch the exchange of words, in particular when Charna leans forward. She wonders exactly what she's doing, but she isn't going to ask. If he can't stand up for himself, then obviously he deserves what he gets.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle