New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Emergence (Shadowrun)

With the door closed he turns around and eyes Alviss and Luke without saying a word.

The man with a shotgun looks at the closed door and says "actually I think I may have left my lighter in my pocket when I changed today" as he pulls out a small butane lighter and flips it to Alviss. "Nothing ever happens so I think I'll take you up on that smoke."
    Last edited by Name_Here; 2008-12-30 at 07:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362

Alviss

Alviss nodded in realization, at once agreeing and sympathizing with the guard. "I see... So, 'Mr. Masters' is the only one without a soul, huh?" He caught the lighter and passed out cigarettes to any who wanted them. "Feel for ya, man..." He said, lighting up. After a deep, appreciative breath, he continued. "Yeah, job sure ain't what it used to be. Common sense just isn't a factor anymore... Part of me wants to try applying to Lone Star, but I have the feeling they're even worse. Even if I got in I'd probably hate it." He shrugged, passing the lighter back to Shotgun and taking a pull. "Name's Tighe. Liam Tighe." He offered a hand.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-12-30 at 10:54 AM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

3. - Top - End - #363

The guard with the lighter and one other guard take the offered cigarettes and take a few puffs.

"Yeah Lone star probably isn't much different. But at least if you work for them you know that any punk that takes a shot at you has only hours before he's brutally killed. Where as if we get a slug to the chest nobody is going to give a crap and nobody is going to bother hunting down the shooter." The shotgun carrying man says before taking a long puff.

"Name's John. Nice to meet you." he says taking your hand in a firm grip for a quick shake.

4. - Top - End - #364

Alviss

Alviss smiles and shakes his hand with equal measure. "Yeah, you're right on there. C'ourse, you know what's worse than random punks out for giggles?" His voice dropped an octave, "...Runners." The word was filled with meaning of the negative connotation, and he shook his head, frowning. "I had this job the other week, something stupid I think, like staking a Mail Office I'm pretty sure. I mean... I didn't even know they still had mail offices, thought it was all over the 'trix or by private courier, but anyway... I'm told it'll be an easy 2 Gs for a few days of standing there doing nothing, so I'm all for it. Halfway through the first day, bunch of freaks and ex-mils bust in and start shooting the place up..." He puffs at the cigarette in his hand. "Anyway, two got killed, and from what the Star was saying afterward, the others got away with a single package. You believe that? Two people killed and for what? They get their Post a few days early." He snarled, disgusted.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365

Gres

The greasy dwarf does his best to track Eve as she moves through the restricted areas.(her commlink and drones looking through windows) He wanted to be able to tell Alviss and the others when they needed to strike at the guards.

6. - Top - End - #366

Gres finds that her commlink is now off the grid. He can see a figure where he thinks she would be through the windows but he can't see much

"By the spirits don't get me started on the frakking shadowrunners. My wife gets so worried that they're going to shoot me during a job that she practically cries every day when I go to work. 5 years I've been on this job and every night it's the same thing." He says taking a long drag on the cigarette. "Don't take any risks, make sure you come home in one piece. Does she not realize what I do for a living?"

7. - Top - End - #367

Alviss

Alviss smiles, and his voice softens. "Well, don't be too hard on 'er, mate. Sounds to me you've found quite the woman... I mean, she's still there waiting for you to come home every day, even after 5 years, eh?" He smiles again, not saying more, but obviously reliving memories, perhaps about his own wife who gave up a long time ago. He threw his cigarette to the ground and ground it under a heel thoughtfully.

"But let's not talk about that sort of thing, might bring the buggers down on us..." He says, glancing at the elevator and windows as though in search of runners just about to explode through the windows. Satisfied, he turns back to the door that Eve and the captain walked through. "Wonder what they're up to? Taking their time, for sure..."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

"Yeah I know she's a great woman. I just wish that she would realize that I really can't garuntee that I'll come home without getting shot. He says pausing for a second.

"And trust me you don't want to know what they're doing in there. I had to go in there once to stop a break-out. Took me months to get over what I saw." He says as he drops the cigarette to the floor and steps on it.

9. - Top - End - #369

Gres

Hearing the conversion the dwarf could only hope that Eve was ok. All he could do was keep trying to see what he could