New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Da'mall - Secondary Thread

First.

Ok, quick preamble - this is a way for side-quests not involving the whole party to proceed, this is NOT part 2 of The official IC thread of The Da'mall. Hopefully this will be easier than trading PMs back and forth.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The Da'mall - Secondary Thread

Side Quest - Introduction of Alton & The_BushRanger

(Background Info - Separately, the two of you are entering the bar to report on your latest mission to Colonel Jorgan, the leader of the Morienn resistance in Corsand. The introduction will be sort of generic without naming names, as either of you may be first to post.)

The guard at the door pays you no heed, though you recognize him from before. He's dressed as a mediocre merchant, with a cart of various over-ripe fruit quickly going bad.
    The bartender on the inside of the tavern greets you slightly more warmly, though in the recent days even that has become guarded and suppressed. He doesn't mutter a word; he can't, you recall, as he has no tongue. He nods at you grimly, and motions with his head towards the back room.
    You pass through behind the bar and into the back through the kitchen. None of the other patrons - quite a few despite the hour - pay you any real heed. Screams coming from the stairs down to the cellar cause you to wince, but you carry on. The heavy wooden door is open, whether the crafty old thief heard you coming or you were expected, it's hard to know for certain.
    The scarred face of Colonel Jorgan greets you with the raise of an eyebrow that causes the scar down his cheek to twist sadistically.
    "What do you have to report?" He asks in a tired voice that belays his lack of sleep.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Refa Osten, Half-elf Rogue

Refa gives the colonel a sloppy salute and drops into a handy chair.
    There isn't much to report, Colonel. The roads to the south are still well guarded by the enemy, it'd be possible for a few people to slip through, likely, but any supplies and such? No way.
    He sighs and shrugs.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #4

"Troubling... Very Troubling..." Colonel Jorgan muses softly, more to himself than anyone who cared to listen. "So there's no way of getting any shipment through? ... Corsand is a trading hub for god's sake!"
    He sighs.
    "We can get basic shipments through under natural guises..." He stares at you for a moment.
    "Refa, I know you've just returned, but do you think you'd be up for a bit of late night aggressive diplomacy? I've got just the sort of thing for you..."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

O_o Sorry for not posting, I've been busy this weekend, and took a little to long unwinding with Rock Band today... Just got done playing

Moro sulked in the corner nearest to the door. Of course the Colonel only addressed Refa, having entered behind the half elf, Moro probably hadn't even been seen yet. Damn tallfolks. "I must say, I wouldn't mind going out on another mission, though hopefully this one lets me stretch my wings a bit. The harness I have to wear while sneaking about is so damn infuriating. How aggressive are you talking sir?"
    Last edited by Alton; 2008-09-07 at 01:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The half-elf gets a lazy grin.
    Why certainly, sir. I'm sure we both wouldn't mind a little reminder to these rodents whose turf they're really on. What did you have in mind?
    He pulls out his dagger and checks its edge.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #7

Ok, I'm wrapping up this thread because the main group finished their mission. For simplicities' sake I'm DM'ing them back to the bar. They will be walking in on you guys and Jorgan at the moment of BushRanger's last post, so head over to the main thread and start posting there, preferrably immediately to introduce yourselves.

If you prefer copy&paste:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=63457&page=20