New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wizards: {The Graduates}

Belsambor

Staggering to his feet with help, Belsambor looks around, eyes slightly wild when he realizes he can't hear, before shaking his head. He points to his ears, before shaking his head again.

Looking around to the others, he nods and points towards the other leaving people. "Come on!" he says, louder than he would have normally, but he can't hear his own voice at the moment.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Happy that Belsambor got up, he looks in the direction that he is pointing in, and joins with the mob trying to get in the mirror.
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan Arthen

Having lagged behind the others, Tristan pushes forward, joining the students as they rush for the mirror and, hopefully, relative safety.
    Last edited by ZekeArgo; 2008-09-11 at 04:08 PM.
    "You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."-Urza

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Default Through the Looking-Glass, but this is no Wonderland!

End of the Dance:
    Many students are deaf, and have no clue what Strolon is saying and will continue to crush to the main stair. Hundreds of young wizards were here this evening, none of them can teleport.

Those of you entering the kitchen will see a only a few of the professors return from the first teleport. Jalberg sees Strolon trying to wave students to the kitchen as well, but the deafness is just causing more chaos.

Veriben knows his job as a leader, he is one of the first down the stair into the secret teacher's lounge. It is a very common looking room, and one might mistake it for the cook's lounge, if not for the thick purple curtain covering a wall mirror. Many will follow Veriben down the stairs, but still not enough.

Veriben will find a strange mirror of held in a frame of intricate designed gold and platinum. Tomas and his lady friends will help him with the unconscious illusionist. Belsambor will come to in the kitchen as part of the first wave following Veriben.

Strolon and Jalberg can exchange one last dramatic look in the dance hall, both knows what each must do. Then Jalberg grabs as many students as he can... however the students quickly realize what the professors are doing and they begin to swarm all over the professors. They are screaming out, "To the Kitchen! To the Kitchen!! Strolon!" But, no-one tackling them can hear.

Tristan and Strolon are among the last level-headed people in the main dance hall. Some of the students are trying to run to the kitchen, but so many try to make it out the main stair. Jalberg manages to escape with a few students as do most of the professors on their second escape-teleports. But, Mr. Hollander, one of the math professors for the elementary students, loses focus under a rush of students. They mob him and Tristan and Strolon lose sight of their old math teacher under a pile of desperate students.

The chaos sphere blocks the main exit almost entirely, and foolish people still try to get by. Many disappear as they fall into the sphere screaming, seeming to feed it more! Strolon and Tristan will also see the structural integrity of the tower was now at stake. If they wanted to live, they needed to get into the mirror, regardless of who was now left in the dance hall. This whole building was about to collapse one wall because of the sphere. In this thick stone tower, that was bad.
    {This tower is like a small skyscraper, about 20 floors high. You all are near the top.}

Most of the people were out of the dance hall, and one could only hope those already on the stair could even get out of the building.

Through the Portal:
    The mirror is indeed a portal, and once the glass portal is touched you are pulled through to the unknown... No-one knows what happens to whomever does step through the mirror. And more than a few wizards now in the secret lounge are hesitant to even step into the mirror.

5. - Top - End - #35

The floor buckles and begins to bend to one side, nocking tom down. He gets up and beggins running against the shallow slope. When he reaches the mirror, he begins pushing some of the hesitant people in, as this is the only means of escape. "C'mon guys! Get in!" He shouts, or assumes he does, at least, since he cant hear his own voice.
    As of 9/30/09

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Strolon Locke

Strolon pushes his way to the mirror and demonstrates its operation for those who can see it by grabbing the hand of whoever is in front and slapping their hand to the glass. He works to get as many through as possible before he takes the portal himself. The abjurer has given up yelling, as he can't hear and he assumes many others are deafened as well.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

7. - Top - End - #37

Finally Tomas' turn comes around, and he presses his hand on the mirror without hesitation.
    "and here I was thinking this was going to be a nice way to wrap up the year..."
    As of 9/30/09

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Default Into the Mirror

Everything seems to happen in slow-motion, but the tower begins to crumble! Everyone needs to get into the mirror!

Strolon gets many more to go, but still there is hesitants. He will notice that as the tower crumbles, students will bum-rush the mirror too!

Through the Portal:
    Veriben is the first through the mirror, and comes to what appears like another large lounge room. This one with 4 exits. As the many students begin to file through the mirror, this area will become quite crowded.

Strolon will know this area, it is the gymnasium.

In the distance those here in the gym-professor lounge will hear the crack and roar of the crumbling tower.

Veriben will notice a snoozing under-professor, Hamley Gracepick. He reeks of alcohol and lays beneath a pile of dirty gym-shorts. He is out cold.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-12 at 02:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Belsambor

Stumbling through the mirror, Belsambor drops to his knees once more, shaking his head hard, before looking up, eyes clearing. Standing shakily, he looks around the gym slowly.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #40

Tom falls through the portal rather akwardly, and comes out dazed, laying on his arm. "Dear gods..." He mutters as he hears the tower collapse. He getts off and brushes some of the dirt off of his dark green robes. He pauses, noticing something is wrong, then looks around for his pet snake. "Vespiss!" He calls out, rather uselesly, since it can't respond. He finds it curled up under the desk, and has him slither up his arm when he is found. "I thought you hadn't made it through..."
    As of 9/30/09

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Veriben

The muscular man stands a little confused after exiting from the mirror. He looks around a little dazed before the volley of bodies begin spewing from the portal. He steps away in time, avoiding being knocked over. He begins helping people that come out make sure that there is some space for more people to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Gym

The main gym is near, and Veriben can start directing students here. The sounds of the tower rumbles the earth as it sounds as if the entire thing is coming down now. All of you {PCs} are safe, you only pray the others in the lower tower can get away in time.

The last guy through, Strolon leapt through at the last minute before the ceiling collapsed in the 1st mirror room. He barely was able to get through before the stone ceiling likely shattered the mirror. After Strolon is through no-one else comes through.

Professor Gracepick begins to stir with all the noise in the room... and the fact people had to step over him to get to the main part of the gymnasium. He notices Veriben in his dazey gaze, directing scared students about. "Good lad... class already?"
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-13 at 06:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan Arthen

Breaking away Tristan lets the princess go as he pauses to catch his breath and collect his thoughts, shaking his head as the full weight of the previous few minutes crashes into his mind. Putting those thoughts aside he stands, surveying their new environments. "So what is our move now?" He speaks to no one in particular, as much to himself as the others. "If that thing could hit the dance, it can probably hit anywhere..."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"No, Professor," he responds politely despite the chaos. "The Dance... we were attacked. Professor Jalberg said it was a 'chaos-sphere'." Veriben shrugs as he was never the best of students. He grows somber before continuing: "It took a lot of students and even a few professors. That noise you heard is probably the tower collapsing."

"What should we do, Professor?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Default Drunken Gracepick

Gracepick snaps up quick as he realize this is serious, not bothering to ask what all the kids are doing here, he nervously asks Veriben, "What's a chaos-sphere?"

Jasmine and her friend cling scared, but comforted, and close to Tomas.

The Princess, looks to the mirror she just came, and then to Tristan. She will nod and bow her head in thanks.

As Gracepick staggers around he looks to Veriben, "And where is Jalberg now?"
    He suddenly up and pukes on an underclassman, Fredrick the Frosh. Good friend of Strolon, and one of Belsambor's assistants for the design committee.
    "Ah man! I already blew my presto-spells!"

When Gracepick recovers, he looks to Strolon, still breathing hard from puking. "We in deep sh#&, huh, Stroh?
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-13 at 10:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

To the recovering professor's quick succession of questions, Veriben responds, "I don't know what a -- I do not know where Professor Jal- Oh!" He is used to his friends tossing their cookies, but not a professor. "Are you all right, sir?" he asks offering himself as a brace to Gracepick.

17. - Top - End - #47

Tom steps over to Jasmine and Emily, trying to disturb the crowd as little as possible. He pulls Jasmine close, and strokes her long brown hair comfortingly. "Thank the gods, I wasn't sure if you guys got out." He whispers. The crowd seems to have gone eerily quiet, listening to the professor. "I could say the same thing about you. You got nocked over when we were leaving. How did you escape?" "There was some teleportaion mirror." They stand around for a bit, listining to the conversation. "What do you think is going to happen now? "I have no idea, but the professors will probably think of a way to get rid of that thing." I hope.
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-09-14 at 11:29 AM.
    As of 9/30/09

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Strolon Locke

Nodding, Strolon claps the professor on the shoulder in a reassuring manner. "Indeed, Hamley. Probably worse than that thing in the labs last month, too," he says with a grim smile.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Default Gracepick Into Action

OOC- Note: All students in the hidden room of the gymnasium came through the teleportation mirror.

Gym:

Professor Gracepick snaps to it, suddenly remembering his professionalism.
    He looks about, as some students begin to file upstairs to the main gym floor.
    "Lessee... uhm, apparently I'm here for emergencies. Though not never been no catastrophes on Last Dance Night. Uhm... alright.... all of you students need to stay here. I need to figure out what is happening. This is supposed to be emergency holding.... food and shelter... stay here..."
    He looks about, mostly at the 5 brave wizards clearly holding themselves mentally 'together'. "I may need some help... the rest of you have to stay here and trust the defenses of the gym will keep you safe. Those coming with me may be using your magic if this is a true emergency."

He looks about...
    {OOC- Presumably the PCs will go with him, however I do run split posts when the need arises.}
    Princess Kyra looks right into Tristan's eyes. "I'll go!" Then to Gracepick.
    Gracepick wants to object, but can see not many want to volunteer to go with an impaired professor on the verge of losing his position on the staff.... if anyone found out about his current condition.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Belsambor

Shaking his head to clear the last vestige of the ringing, Belsambor looks at the professor. "You need a keeper, Professor."

Belsambor mentally goes over the spells left in his mind, wincing at the selection. He hadn't expected a major catastrophe, after all.

Don't be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #51

Tomas speaks up for the first time; "I was head of this class for a while, and I still think that I am sometimes. I'll do what I can to help." He lets go of Jasmine and moves twards the group forming beside Gracepick, already regretting the decision.
    As of 9/30/09

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Strolon Locke

"Of course I'm with you," the pale-headed abjurer says with another grim smile, to which the contrastingly dark raven on his shoulder cackles. "Yes, and Loki, as well!"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Default Gracepick on the way out with party

Gracepick fumbles about his pockets for a wand, and then makes his way upwards toward the great indoor gymnasium. It was at times also converted for water-spectacles, and was quite large. Citizens from the city could come here to watch games for a fee. Many students milled about in the stands, and he yells at them all as his party follows him to the main exit.
    "Everyone stay put! Don't move until help arrives. I think something really bad has happened!"

Tomas receives the most passionate kiss he's ever been given from Jasmine.
    "Good luck." she will whisper tenderly in his ear. She is scared for him, but knows that drunk Gracepick would need help.

Clearly hammered, Gracepick gives a secret command to fully light up the arena. The indoor sports were not as dominated by the university, but still many victory banners lined the rafters above. This place was familiar to those who regularly went to school games. Veriben competed some here, but he was the master of the even more popular outdoor Arena games. The Gymnasium was a thick a defensive building, and as good as any for one to leave close friends in for cover in war.

Some of Tomas and Veriben's friends help to keep spirits up, telling everyone that you all were getting help. The only thing making people nervous, was the noises that sounded like they were continuing outside. Crackling thunder seemed to roll from far away... or was it more crumbling stone.

Gracepick looks at those coming. "Stick close... I have some protection spells... and all I can do to escape is dimension door."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan Arthen

Nodding, Tristan brings himself to full alert, ready to let his spells loose on a moments notice. "Do what you can sir and we will do the same"

25. - Top - End - #55

Tomas relished the feeling of her lips soft on his, one last time.
    "No! Don't think like that! You're going to be fine! Damnit, I'm disassociating again*!" Tomas took a deep breath and smiled weakly an Jasmine, but was too nervious to say anything. He turned twards Gracepick and nodded, realizing the actual danger he was going into...

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone's read scavenger or creepers, I'm borrowing that idea of disassociating in stress. Tomas isn't crazy or Schiso or anything. Disassociating is just when you refer to yourself in the third person sometimes.
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-09-15 at 08:32 PM.
    As of 9/30/09

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Veriben follows Gracepick, acquiescing to his leadership, staying near the back of the group following him, and giving encouragement to those he passes. He stays alert at any possible sign of danger.

He suddenly remembers his own familiar. He looks in the inside of his robes into a pocket lining. He feels the warmth of his weasel as it snores soundly. He says to himself, "Never knew how he could that..."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Default To the Collesseum

As Gracepick's security party leaves the gymnasium and walks out to the grand rotunda, of the sports complex, the great tower can be seen still crumbling in the night-sky. The giant chaos-sphere quite big now, and the little specks flying about it appear to be powerful wizards trying to contain it.

Gracepick waves you all toward the nearby Colosseum, Veriben's home for so long. "Strolon! Do you remember the codes to the Underground of the Colosseum?"
    {Of course he does.}
    "I think it's time to call the elves!"
    Gracepick is sobering up quickly, "Something is not right. That tower is extremely defensed... we are in big trouble..."

There is screaming in the distance as it appears people are still escaping from the tower. "We need to hurry! Only their magic can help us! I don't know why the deans haven't come here yet!"

Strolon has more access to the campus than any of you ever knew, and he approaches the teams' entrances, and finds a keypad. Strolon knows all the codes, and easily gets into the underground chamber. Rapidly moving up out of the passage-way is a HUGE Brown Recluse! It fills up the passageway, and Gracepick screams in total fright as he practically leaps out of his robe at the sight of the spider. This doesn't seem right.

{OOC- Very dangerous first battle. Please roll initiatives.
    You do have a professor with you... a drunk under-professor.}

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Tristan Arthen

Tristan circles the massive creature, and with a few lowly chanted words and twists of his fingers releases a thin line of blue energy toward it's skittering form.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[8] Initiative
    Standard Action: Ray of Frost: Roll: 24, Crit Threat, Crit hit if AC <= 16. 2 cold damage, 6 cold damage on critical
    Move Action: Circle at 20' Distance
    Last edited by ZekeArgo; 2008-09-16 at 12:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Default Post action with initiative

OOC- Please post desired actions as well. I'll move the rounds along. So, try to check in once a day for battles.

30. - Top - End - #60

Tomas looks at the creature in fright for a moment, and then remembers his has to act. He glaces through his prepared spells for the day. Realizing he has nothing effective, he throws up a shield around Tristan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: [ROLL]1d20+2[/ROLL] Stanard action: Cast Shield on Tristan. +4 Armor bonus to AC, and protection from magic missils.
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-09-16 at 05:40 AM.
    As of 9/30/09