New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Dalam Tashal: Newly Named Storm Peak

Dalam sat at the extensive meal, awaiting her most hated enemy as a storm rolled in. But there was divinity in this maelstrom.

"Come before me, The God Queen. Whom ever you may be. Eat, and know you are well recived"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

**Gliss, Caina, Gwyn, and Xam, the Void**

Gliss responds, "Yes, Gwyn, we wait for Vincent. Osirc also should be arriving before too long. And, if I'm not mistaken, Albatrix also had an invitation."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Eul, to Dirije

Xiua moved away from the Shadow. I presume you are here to ask my authorization to become the lord of the Shadow of the Playground... Son.

---

Asmodeus, to Dalam.

Losing an entire legion in such a fashion will be a hefty cost for you Dalam. Another two generations of your people, at least.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #4

Dalam nodded as she rose from the large table, extending a hand through the portal. Suddenly a large, dark tome appeared in her hand, stretched out to the Aspect

"Two generations of my people. And this book. For an entire legion of your devils to do as I will and fully under my control."
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

A pleasure doing business with you, as always.

The Aspect takes the book, and teleports in a puf of sulphur and brimstone.

A legion of merregon begins walking into the courtyard, gathering in position while their leader, a nasty-looking, in that he seens to have been beaten quite a lot not long ago, Orthon.

"Twenty-fifth legion of lady Zariel presenting before you general Dalam!"

The merregons give a stomp in unisson.

Dalam might not be aware, but she could use her divine power to advance these devils to greater forms before turning them into infernal power, nifty. Greater devils give more infernal energy, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #6

Dalam Tashal: Storm Peak

Dalam grins, a whole new army. All her own

"Devils! Attention!

The Devils instantly snap to attention, fully prepared to follow a single order

"Devils! Full march! Relive the guard at the scout stations. Slay all intruders, capture all who seem strong."

And with that, the devils begin their march.
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    The sun lord turns twirls around, a swarm of fiery tendrils coursing out of his mouth. "What sorts of evil? I've had a hard time sorting out this whole mortal and demigod mess. Is Eul up to no good and not playing nice with all our worldly brethren?"
    "Well, if I was to name in particular all the evils that threaten the world, then we would be here for a long time, so I'm going to make it short. I'd say the longest term threat would be these outsider gods... the ones who follow the one called Varr. I was not around when he was defeated but my Lady has a....reliable source believing that it will not be long before we are invaded again... and unfortunately for now it seems that my Lady is the only one who is preparing herself for this event."

Vincent lets out a puff of smoke as he continues

"The next issue in line is the proclamation of Xiua'Hi. He seeks to judge the world because...well who knows how that old geezer thinks? Still regardless, my Lady refuses to bend to his will and will oppose him on every turn. She believes in mortals, and that everyone should be free to make their own choices, whether they be good or evil, each decision made by mortals shall bare their own consequences. Xiua'Hi cannot appreciate that, but we can, and which is why we will stand up to him."

Another cloud of smokes goes up

"And then finally, we have the most direct threat, that of the drama queen Dalam and her obsession to meddle with devils and other dark forces. You see everything that happens under the sun, no doubt you have seen the results of her flirting with the powers of evil? It will not be long before her actions fill the entire world with devils, and yet she is too stupid to realize it. War is coming, and if the last skirmish I had against her is to be a standard, then this full out war may see the eruption of hell itself."

Vincent cleans out his pipe and continues

"As you see, these are only the main threats at the moment. No doubt sooner or later more threats will arise. My Lady is willing to stand up to each threat even if it means standing alone. However, in order for us to die gloriously protecting that which we love, we need forces, which is why I was sent here to petition you. Take great care Elimanishon, for at this rate, I fear that before long, the light of the sun shall be lost too. My Lady is fully prepared to die for her freedom and the freedom of not only her people, but of all mortal races. Can the same be said about you? "

Vincent lets out a grin as he looks at Elimanishon

"Now perhaps you understand the uneven battle which we are up against. And perhaps you can understand the urgency to why my Lady sent me to petition you for your creations."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:03 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zaddon, Deep Under the Ocean

"We see not all of your kind believe our words. Well then, if that can not sway you, perhaps power will".
    Zaddon closes the eyes of one of his heads, sending a message to his master. "I have spoken to the fishmen, Master. They seem to be in line with your beliefs, searching for power by any means and the flesh of others to eat. Some, it seems, believe our words. But it seems your power is needed here to convert them all".

Yam, Abyss

"So this Dalam is the queen of my enemy? You make it sound as if she's...godly.
    But it matters not. I already know you're going to help me, dear sister, because, in your heart, you know I'm not as bed as her.
    You say you fought her before. You say there is no level she won't sink to. So just think about what she is doing right now. What foul creatures she talks to, making deals with.
    I am in many ways like mommy, and you know her better than I do.
    I am not evil, I simply seek chaos, and to further my own ends. Which only happen to involve my seas and my creatures.
    You rid yourself of her, you rid yourself of an enemy.
    You go against me, and you go against your own family. What, you don't trust me? I will never turn on you, dear sister. I will never have a reason to
    ".

Getting up, finishing his apple, Yam takes a deep bow. "Now then, sister, I shall leave you to your thoughts". He takes another apple, and disappears.

Yam, Where Zaddon's at

"So, my friend, you say you need my power here. Why..." He stops, seeing the huge monster. "Oh, this is why".
    Yam moves towards the monster, looking at all the little people. "So you prefer this uncaring sleeping monster over the god who rules this oceans? This...thing...You believe will grant you power?"
    Yam smiles. "Well then, if it is power you seek, let me show you what real power is".
    Stopping near the monster's face, Yam taps it strongly on the nose until it awakens.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2008-09-08 at 07:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Abyss Amalthea

Before Yam leaves, Amalthea gives him a warning

"It is exactly... because I understand...the Destroyer...better than anyone else should you fear me. Become too predictable...little brother... and you will fall. Why if anything... I'd say you actually... fear me. And rightly so, you have yet to see my full power. It is true, if I get rid of Dalam, I get rid of an enemy...however... the same applies to you... now then, go and prepare yourself for war. When the time comes it shall be made painfully aware, on whose side I choose, you better pray... little brother... that I do not side with Dalam on this one... cause these... family ties you claim... mean nothing to me."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fiona, Abyss

Fiona scowled and vanished toward the Prince of the Triple Layers. This would be easy, she can Grizz'at were soul mates, her new herald would be easy to get.

The Emissary looked to Fiona shaking his head "I do not think this to be wise, these are creatures of chaos. I do not presume to know exactly what you are doing. But, a code solidifies a creature, and they are not on a solid foundation."

Fiona scoffed at this "He is strong, our people need this, you should know that. I am not always going to be there to assist them. He believes in law, see how he subjugates the populace? Amadeus is the same."

The two Flameborn Lords come before the Ruler of Three Grizz'at speaks a ebony figure, unlike any other Demon in the abyss, handsome, powerful. A great sword across his back, almost fey in features. Grizz'at had a look of kingdom around him, he looked at Fiona "So, you want my services? I'll serve you willingly, and without question, if you give me the WHOLE of the Abyss and put it under my heel."

Fiona looked confused, was this thing THAT well informed? Interesting. "This, you foul creature, is the domain of the Colorful one. You are but a plaything, presume like that again and I'll kill you." Fiona almost did have the heart to say that, this elven featured creature was, lovely, but a tongue had to be tamed.

Grizz'at full heartedly laughed "You will NOT kill me, and I'll presume, muse, insult, or anything else I want. You are not my boss, yet. Payment in full, then we will speak. My service is not cheap." he winks at Fiona "Nor is my tongue."
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2008-09-09 at 03:16 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Crikkeshh:Storms Peak*

The Herald heard the voice calling, and quickly ascended, noting only peripherally the horde of Devils descending the mountain. Upon seeing the woman upon the summit, Crikkeshh gave as hearty a laugh as an elemental can make, the crackling electricity sounding a crikkeshhcrikkeshh.

"You are the God Queen? The creatures of this land bend to you?"
    crikkeshhcrikkeshh "My Lord, the Storm God, would sink this island beneath the waves, cast your palaces to the ground with thunder and lightning, and you would be powerless to stop him, God Queen." The Storm Elemental circled The God Queen, and spoke again Auran, "But My Lord has not sent me for destruction. I am here to convert. I command thee, Woman, submit to the will of the Raging Storm!"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm. If you want them, then take some. But in return, I want any tokens you can take from the outsider gods. Bodily trophies, items of even the simplest form, or pure essence if you can manage. Maybe one of these days I shall send down an avatar to show the pesky demis and mortals that Xiua's scorn is nothing compared to my joy." He grins even wider. Elimanishon pulls a handful of sunflowers from nowhere in particular and holds them before Vincent. They squirm like creatures; their leaves straining to break free of his grip. Then there is a burst of flame and the sun god hands over a sparkling pile of ash.

"Throw this from a mountaintop into a river and in seventy-seven mortal days you'll have what you have come for. Any sorts of prayers, rituals, or sacrifices upon it either before or after the toss will guide what you get out of them. There really isn't a wrong way to do it." He crosses one hand before him and bows.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent smiles broadly at Elimanishon, as he receives Elimanishon's ash. His mission was a success. Giving an over the top bow towards Elimanishon he says

"My Lady expresses her gratitute for aiding her cause. Every little helps. Now as for a trophy of these outsider gods... perhaps a scalp will do... yes... scalping is always fun I beleive... but I digress. I look forward to seeing your avatar in action! There is a big battle brewing down there between two demi-gods, and the result will only be chaos... perhaps an element of Elimanishon added to the battle will cause even more mayhem? Its an open invitation of course, as lots of diffrent gods will be there... all the more fun! The more the merrier, I always say!"

Flicking his fingers he opens up a portal and before we walks through he says

"If ever you are in trouble, do pop by for a visit, you know where we are..."

And with that he was off to report to Amalthea about the outcome of his mission.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    *Crikkeshh:Storms Peak*

The Herald heard the voice calling, and quickly ascended, noting only peripherally the horde of Devils descending the mountain. Upon seeing the woman upon the summit, Crikkeshh gave as hearty a laugh as an elemental can make, the crackling electricity sounding a crikkeshhcrikkeshh.

"You are the God Queen? The creatures of this land bend to you?"
    crikkeshhcrikkeshh "My Lord, the Storm God, would sink this island beneath the waves, cast your palaces to the ground with thunder and lightning, and you would be powerless to stop him, God Queen." The Storm Elemental circled The God Queen, and spoke again Auran, "But My Lord has not sent me for destruction. I am here to convert. I command thee, Woman, submit to the will of the Raging Storm!"

Dalam snorts

"We shall not submit to another god. But, a deal perhaps? Bless these waters with your grace, and we shall put up temples to your honor. After all. We would hate for you to have to kill my people. Deals are so much more luctritive"
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. Yes I will definitely look into that." Elimanishon dissolved backwards into the plane and watched mortal dreams actually happening around him as the Dream Rift hummed with spiritual power. To a mortal, it was just a dream but in this place, to a native, it was real. With exceptions, of course.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Akkade

Bane raised his hand to his throat, changing his voice slightly to speak for another. Then changing his entire form, to something more fair, if keeping the six leathery wings and the six eyes.

Pardon my brutish coleague. But your methods and choices were poorly selected, if you wished to speak to us. I am Blaspheme, fifth of six, and you should have called upon me, if you wished to talk.

And remember in the future, there are vastly better ways of dealing with yugoloths than calling one by name and trapping him. Be generic, and one with actual interest will answer, and the safety measures will be dubiously necessary.

Now that we heard your case, drop the binding, my friend has little interest in your insinuations. As do most of my coleagues.

On the other hand...

Bane's features change back, along with his voice.

Grr... I hate this.
    Asherah, City of Akkade

Asherah waves her hand, dismissing Bane back wherever he had come. She then sent out a call to one of the other of the Dread Six asking him to meet with her.

Before any could answer her, she stepped into the binding circle and once more waved her hand. The circle shifted and transmuted into a rather odd shape and began to intermittently glow with a soft, ruddy light.
    <hr>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    Khakom grinned and clapped the Orc-God on the shoulder. It may have been a bit rough, but if it was intentional, he showed no sign.

"One task then. I will not swear you to it, but you know the wrath of a provoked storm. Should you need a storm, send word. Now, I'm sure that you have better things to do with your time than walk with me in the Void. Good Hunting. I shall send my Herald to you when I am ready to teach your Orcs." With that, they had arrived at the gate. Turning his back to Yam, Khakom held a hand out, and struck hard. In a loud, clear voice, he proclaimed,

"Klik'chak! I am Khakom, God of Storms and Son of Lossethir, Lord of Winter! I would speak to you!"

Klik'chak, the Void

A great insectoid form suddenly stands before Khakom. Though of obviously solid form, at least for now, the being sppears to be made entirely of compacted sand. As he moves, bits of sand break loose from his chitinous joints and falls to that which services as ground in the Void.

"G'Lossethir, Chikyor'kosdul, Ke la'ker idchu tak ka cha'dul Ke. Kal chat'dul qhari tak Ke-luk? Kal ka? Ke'dachu? Chi'ok? Dre?"
    ((Blood of Lossethir, God of Storms, I find it interesting that you would seek an audience with me. What thoughts bring you to me? What is it you seek? Wisdom? Power? The dead?))
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-09-08 at 10:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

City of Akkade, Blaspheme.

Before Asherah appeared Blaspheme, a fiend in all his dread glory, but far more delighting to the eyes than Bane. His phisical description is in the wiki.

Asherah. Queen of the Desert, goddess of Greed.

I am Blaspheme, fifth of six. It is a pleasure to meet you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #18

Hisagi: Before the Amassed Infernal Legion

The Queen had been pleased with her gift, so they told him. Clearly the massive army of devils was a good indication that this was at least partially true. His divine mother was a busy woman after all. The devils had been given free reign to torture the prisoners deep in the bowels of the islands, gaining strength from your pain and hate. That was of course the plan.

Dalam Tashal: The Grin

The little elemental clearly did not know who it addressed, and she had waited long enough. With a simple snap of her fingers, she erupted into a fountain of dark energy, disappearing from the mountain top

It was long past due for her to visit the “Grin” as the world seemed to call it. And despite her vicious hatred for the free state, she was impressed. Things were brewing, the storms and waves had become far more dangerous, and it was time to prepare. She bowed to one of the guards that appeared, showing her hands to indicate she meant no harm

“I merely seek your…”Master”, call it a business trip. I had such a wonderful feast for him, but of course, he was no where to be found. But, that is not to say that I should not visit his domain as well. Please note to tell him I am here when he returns?”

Dalam then seats herself upon the floor, lounging in the sun

Under the Ocean: The Slumbering one

The Slumbering Creature, stirred, its breath fetid, fouling the water before it’s mouth, yet, nothing the Demi-god had done seemed to make progress in its awakening.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-08 at 06:38 PM.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss walked around a corner of the Guildhall into the main room, "Tryll, have you noticed- oh. Why, Dalam! What a pleasant surprise!"

He offered her a chair at one of the room's many tables. "Kan, Yelding, bring us some food and drink, won't you?"

"Well, Dalam! What brings you to our little corner of the Playground?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Asherah, City of Akkade

"Indeed it is, Blaspheme, though there is no need for such formality with me, dear one.

I do hope that "fifth" isn't an indication of lower rank. It would be shameful if you were straddled with a rank lower than him. Perhaps we can work together to... rectify our situation?"
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dirije, Eul's Dark Home

"You are as wise as you are powerful, father. That is indeed what I wish to gain from this visit."

22. - Top - End - #22

Dalam takes a seat, grinning slightly

"Why Gliss, it is a pleasure. Truly. I merely thought that it was time to visit your nation, learn about it. Know thine enemy, of sorts. I would ask for a tour, but something tells me you would not show me everything I want to see. And I understand that. We are of course enemies.

Though, our lovely Playground seems to be just alive with new gods. Some of them far more dangerous then I. I am understandable. I have a goal. And, I have stated it, simply because I desire an honorable and well thought out battle. But these others, these “evils” that plague the world. They are mindless and…random. They may not wish to imprison every living creature, but they threaten freedom in ways that makes even myself ill. We had spoken of an…alliance of sorts before no? I wish to extend, for the time being, more diplomatic and….friendly terms.

This would of course be a problem to you, as the more time I have to prepare, the stronger I will be. But is that not the greatest part of this all? We will have equal footing, time to prepare. How truly amazing would that be?”
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-08 at 06:49 PM.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Horn of Amalthea, Vincent

Vincent looks into his bag filled with the dust that Elimanishon had given him.

"....ok dust... check... tall mountain ...check... flowing river... check... alright lets do this!"

He opens the little bag and pours the dust into the river. Before the river can sweep away the dust Vincent moves quickly. Removing his holy symbol from around his neck, he places it on the water and starts to pray

"These are the words of the Lady Amalthea, Mistress of Mercy! I am the light! The sacred candle that clears away all shadows!"

And as if reacting to his prayer, the holy symbol starts to shine brightly in a silvery light until the entire river is engulfed in it. When the light finally recedes, Vincent is left in front of a sparkling river, the waters having become the purest in the world.

"There we go... now then, I'll be back in 77 days to check your progress!"

Placing his holy symbol around his neck again, Vincent gives a sigh, there was yet another place he had to go to, no rest for the wicked it seems. And with that he opens up a portal to his next destination.

World Web

Vincent quickly walks through the portal into the World Web, in front of Xam and the other waiting gods. Vincent always loved making an entrance by arriving fashionably late, but this time he was hopelessly late.

"Sorry! Sorry everyone! My apologies for keeping you folks waiting, but some business took longer than I expected..."

Vincent wastes no time, and walks up to Xam and grabs the contract as he starts to read it from top to bottom, and not forgetting to look for the fine print.

"....hmmmm... well these papers seem in order... I guess that I would like to say that... AARRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Vincent doubles over in pain clutching his forehead, and quickly his body regains its composure, his eyes having turned into a pool of melted gold, a sign that he had once again been possessed by Amalthea.

"I shall be the judge of that..."

And with that Amalthea starts to read the contract herself. After reading over it a couple of times she says

"Very well, Lord Xam, I agree to these terms... but know this, I shall take every god who signs this contract to fulfill their obligations towards mortals, and to protect them from evil and from those who would enslave them."

With that, Amalthea guides Vincent's hand. Throwing away the pen, Vincent brings out his right pointing finger and with force, shoves the finger deep into his chest until it reaches deep into his heart. Amalthea then guides Vincent's arm to go back, his finger coming out full of blood, but the wound closing no sooner than his finger has left. Then with his bloodied finger, Amalthea signs the contract.

Amalthea

Seeing that the deed is done, she says

"Signed in blood, as it should be..."

Turning around she says to the other gods

"And now we have it, may we all together united strike a decisive blow against the forces of evil! Now then, if you excuse me, events regarding evil require my immediate attention, so I shall take my leave. I hope to call on you soon for the cause, just as I hope you shall call on me. Farewell!"

And with that Amalthea leaves from Vincent, leaving him dazed, confused and sore.

".... dammit, I will never get used to that..." he mumbles as he staggers to open a portal forgetting to bid farewell to the gods present.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:04 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss smiled, for he had a plan. Dalam could plot and scheme as she would, but, when the time for battle came, it would be over before it could even begin.

"More diplomatic terms, you say? Tell me, Dalam, what exactly do you mean? Which new gods threaten civilization such that you would seek out my aid in quelling their influence?

And, yes, I'll admit, the full potential force of your armies against the combined might of a nation of small, powerful groups would be a fight for the ages. Something tells me, though, that it won't ever come to that. But, again, what gods trouble you such that you, you of all gods, would fear for the freedom of even the Grin?"
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-08 at 06:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Vincent is a character, as always. I'm afraid I have business that needs attending to. Farewell, until the signees of the Blood Contract meet again."

And the voice fades.

Edit: (AP=3=4-1 (Join Pantheon: Name Pending)
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-09-08 at 07:06 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #26

Dalam leans back in her seat

“Every god, of course, Gliss. But it is the god of those that live near me, this new…storm creature that dares demand my people give their worship to him, what ever created those bestial….creatures that ply the waves near my islands.

“Tell me Gliss, are my islands so desirable that all gods would dislodge my people from them? Or were we Va’Tari correct when we reviled you all? That flicking light tries to sway my people. The “suffering” one desires to kill my people in the name of good, Tyranny for good is still quite cruel. My people have been moved so many times. All I truly desire is some peace and silence, to grow on the islands –we- found. And even though you of all others stand against all I desire. It is in this capacity I ask you, will you lend more then a simple nod and a blind eye until we must fight?”
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Dalam leans back in her seat

“Every god, of course, Gliss. But it is the god of those that live near me, this new…storm creature that dares demand my people give their worship to him, what ever created those bestial….creatures that ply the waves near my islands.

“Tell me Gliss, are my islands so desirable that all gods would dislodge my people from them? Or were we Va’Tari correct when we reviled you all? That flicking light tries to sway my people. The “suffering” one desires to kill my people in the name of good, Tyranny for good is still quite cruel. My people have been moved so many times. All I truly desire is some peace and silence, to grow on the islands –we- found. And even though you of all others stand against all I desire. It is in this capacity I ask you, will you lend more then a simple nod and a blind eye until we must fight?”
    Gliss breathes a heavy sigh.

"Really? He demands worship? I'm afraid that's just...that's not acceptable. Not acceptable for any god.

"No, Dalam, you know better than any how undesirable those islands really are. They are wracked by storms and close on all sides to forces hostile to you. As for the Destroyer, he isn't too different from you. Neither will be swayed, both are utterly convinced that what they do is for the greater good. In the end, though, he tends to be fairly harmless (so long as you don't give him too many reasons to strike). And Amalthea...well...all I can really suggest is diplomacy. Do like you have done here, send an ambassador or two, and I think it unlikely she'll attack while one of her followers resides in your palace.

"Listen- I will repeat the standing offer: if any attack your islands, the Grin will help to drive them off, but only on the condition the feet of your devils don't leave the ground during the fight. If any armies attack you, send word, and we will be there to help, but we cannot help you in an assault.

"Before you resort to any violence, though, I implore you to seek first diplomacy. Even if it proves futile, it remains a worthwhile endeavor."

28. - Top - End - #28

Dalam sighs, standing from her chair

“Truly? I have asked for the attacks to stop. But, I will tred on their lands. Mark my words. They are far more stubborn then I.”

And with another snap of her finger, Dalam is gone. Reappearing on the shores of the Horn of Amalthea, striding to the council chambers

"I am Dalam Arwa Tashal, and i *sneers* humbly request a meeting with whom ever rules these lands."
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I suppose that could have gone worse. I just hope she doesn't do anything too rash...an immortal army isn't a force to tangle with..."

Gliss put the matter out of his mind, though not entirely. Perhaps he should pay the storm god a visit. How had the passing thunder spoken his name? Krakoh? Kahkow? Ah, that was it. KAHKOM. It was time he and Kahkom meet.

First, though, he sensed another god who he ought to visit. Another child of...the Destroyer? Truly? He would most assuredly be one to talk to. And so Gliss stepped forth and warped to Yam's side.

"Hello, there, sir. I see you're trying to awaken this beast. No offense, but I most certainly wouldn't recommend disturbing it. Bothering a creation of the Earth Lord is rarely a good idea."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Chamber of Congress

The janitor stops mopping the floor and looks at the weird lady and says

"File form #354 petitioning for an assembly of the Theocratic Congress Ma'am, and then go down to Floor #15, room 5C and submit it to the Home Office Secretary, and after you pay the taxes for submitting the form, the secretary will ensure that it is sent to the appropriate commission who will at quickest speed send a petition to the Congress asking them to convene... if it is an emergency, then file form #198 petitioning for an emergency session of Congress, (your petition will be higher on the priority list then Ma'am) and hand it at the Lord Speaker's secretary on floor #9 room 81F who will then review the petition to ensure that the case warrens an emergency session, mind you Ma'am, if the petition is deemed not to warren an emergency session of Congress, I'm afraid you will have to file form #354 requesting a normal petition to the Congress. Did you get all that or do you want me to repeat myself Ma'am?"

And with that the janitor resumes mopping the floor.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:05 AM.