New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Dis, Grand Citadel of the Infernal Pit.

Bel scratched his horn. And was about to speak up when he wa sinterrupted.

Leave that one to me, General.

The pit fiend gave way to what looked like a female erynies, a large, muscular erynies wearing full plate and with a nasty scar across her eye, beautiful, perhaps, to the right looker; imposing, very, to anyone; scary, absolutely, to most.

Herald of Kakhom are you now? What brings you to Batoor, servant, what makes you think you can storm in and demand an audience with one of the Great Nine?

Storm. Heh.

-----------

Haras

What had happened, so long time, the deadlands sent their might to the south. To Terp's desert. To Haras.

Now, in the dark nights, the stars blinked above the city, and the stench of decay and the drums of death came from the north.

The army of Varaghad was there.

Shuffling Zombies, quick-paced skeletons, ghouls, wights. Dreadnaugh unliving, moving, fighting walls, Death Knight commanders, Dread Hierarch warpriests, brains in jars tacticians.

What could have delayed these monsters so long?

Saaira, of course.

At the front of the army, a female elf stood, maybe she could have been beutiful once, but now, few could match her age, few but the gods, the ancient Lich stood there, mighty, terrifying, invincible.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Dis, in the Pit*

Crikkeshh was begining to hate not having the anatomy to smile. This woman would be perfect.

"Only my message gives me the right, most powerful and cunning Lady Zariel. I am Crikkeshh, and I am indeed the Herald of the Storm God, but my message is for the ears of yourself only, not for your underlings, as powerful or worthy as they may be. I will neither tell my message nor will I leave until I have met with your Ladyship alone." He said, and a crack of thunder accompanied a spark that flew across what served as his eyes.

*The Maelstrom and the Stormrage*

The Storm Riders were winning. Handily. The deck around Garrick was strewn with broken bodies, some dead, some permanently maimed, none standing. Davin flew above the battle, directing his crew in their assault, and screaming accolades to Khakom, his intense fervor awoken. Cian swung a hand-axe into a sailors neck and then out the other side, his bald head gleaming with sweat. Then, all at once, there was a shout that ran through everyone's head and stopped them.

"Storm Riders, Hold!" It was Davin. Everyone obeyed, and the winged Captain descended to the deck. He quickly strode to where three cowering men were huddled against the main mast, held at the tip of Tork and another pirate's swords. His wings folded and he knelt, waving aside his men. A wide grin was plastered on his face, as he spoke.

"You three," he said very quietly, "are to be the survivors. You will go on to tell the world of the Storm Riders, and what happened here today. How within minutes, your ship was overrun, your cargo seized and stolen, and the crew of over three dozen reduced to three." He tipped one man's shivering face up to face him with the flat of his caman, and leaned closer. "You will tell of Captain Davin Rhoam, who dedicates every spoil to the Raging Storm. And the world will listen, so help them."
    Davin stood, and his wings unfurled again, lifting him into the air and back to the Maelstrom, while Garrick calmed himself, his muscles returning to normal size and his vision clearing.

"Gyran, Tork. Put the three of them in a dinghy and give them supplies enough to reach Cornu Copiae." Garrick ordered, before turning to the rest of the crews, "The rest of you, dump the bodies and then transfer a third of the loot to the Maelstrom, another third to the Stormrage and leave the rest where it is! Get Tygren to work repairing this vessel. We'll rechristen her after we make berth. Hop to!"
    Last edited by String; 2008-10-06 at 12:12 AM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Dis

Zariel waved her hand, and all who remained teleported, Bel gave a disgruntled look before departing himself.

Speak your business now. There is not a single iddle moment in the Infernal Pit. And you are delaying my work.

Lies, there is plenty of iddleness in the infernal pit. But hey, it is a devil, she doesn't really want to be here, but bugger, she is, what are a few lies to keep the scene a bit?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Cornu Copiae, Chamber of Congress

The Priest-King and the rest of Congress listen on to the story of the three survivors of the attack on the merchent ship. Just what he needed... more trouble.

*Sigh* "We really do not have time for this..." The Preist-King mumbles to himself, as he looks at the other issues that the government has to deal with. He motions to one of the scribes and tells him

"Bring me the Lord-Admiral..."

After a while the Lord-Admiral, commander of the Theocratic fleet walks into the Chamber of Congress and bows before its members

"You summoned me my Lord?"

"Word has it of some... upstarters seem to be conducting piracy on our shipping lane... we cannot have that can we?"

"No my Lord, we can't"

"What is the situation of the fleet?"

"The majority of the fleet is on the look out for any new undead threat, while another portion is continously patrolling the waters in case of any advance from the Va'Tari Empire."

"We need to secure the shipping lanes, have a squadron patrol the Da'Cory region. Perhaps they will strike again... however, I can only hope that it was an isolated incident. We need every ship available and the last thing we need is to have to start baby sitting every merchant ship that sails in our waters."

"As you wish my Lord. Glory to the Lady Amalthea" Says the Lord-Admiral as he bows and leaves to do his duty.

Later that day the squadron was sent as a precautionary measure. At the same time, a generous bounty was raised in Cornu Copiae for the capture of Captain Davin Rhoam for the price of 1,000 Copiaens. The Theocracy prefered to let bounty hunters take care of this problem, so that they can dedicate thier resources with much more important matters at hand.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #275

Crikkeshh spoke quickly.

"Then I will be brief. My master wishes me to send you a message of truce, of peace, of non-interference as he attempts to establish a foothold in your world. He claims that he wishes only to gain a better understanding of what you do, and means no harm." The Storm elemental paused in his lie, as though struggling to speak the next words, "Lady Zariel, I will be destroyed for this, but I must speak the truth, I must break my stricture. My Lord lies. He has already sent me on an errand to form an alliance with the Demons. He intends to create a stronghold on your layer, and then to let the Demons overrun Avernus, then the rest of the Nine Hells. He wishes to see their chaos spread. The Demon Lords have agreed, and so he sent me here to finalize his plans. But I cannot, for I will not allow such base treachery to pass, such underhanded tactics to break a truce! I cannot, Lady Zariel. My Lord, the Raging Storm, has plans within plans, and he moves with the anger and wrath of a tempest. He even thinks to raise me to a god, so that I might help him in his conquest over Baator! I am not an ambitious being, and I cannot hope that he will prevail in opposition to you, who wields such power, and so my own loyalty also guides me. I ask you to forgive my lies and to give me guidance on how to deal with this grievous situation."

The Herald of Khakom played his part well, he thought. Not having a face did occasionally pay off in the bluffing department. He could only hope that Zariel was as eager for blood as he assumed the devils must be. A war on this scale beginning would cause unbounded discord, and would be the perfect time to grasp for power. If the woman went along with it.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, From Nowhere in Particular

To the Destroyer:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Asherah? Hmm... Asherah. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting her quite yet. But alright. I shall send a welcoming party."

Akkade

The mirages of the Ashen Sea coalesced into a singular form before the gates of Akkade. A figure fully clad in armor with wings like a thousand snapping ropes stepped forth from behind two rays of the sun. In its hands, it carried an ancient horn and behind it trailed endless lengths of banners once dedicated to a multitude of ill-fated factions and ideals.

The envoy held the instrument in both hands and the horn sounded off without the armored figure ever having to lift its faceplate. Once and then twice did the noise reverberate through the isle; it was a primal, fundamental note, but one that had never been harnessed by mortal hands. Its tone cackled off every solid surface until the desert winds whipped up a cacophony that sounded like a chorus of maddened laughter.

Elimanishon's herald put down the horn, securing it on a belt loop, then it stood as motionless as a statue.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Dis

Zariel is a devil, yes, a thing that knows well of treachery and deceit. Even if compared to the others, she is not all that much in the subject. Nonetheless, she smirks to the elemental

I will have to take your words to the Great Asmodeus, Herald, to see where your lies and truths lie, for now I will believe that your god sides with demons, we know of Kakhom, berserking, mindless, just like a demon. One can only wonder why the gods find those stupid things so much more acceptable than us. We trade, we buy, we talk. What do they do? They rend and tear and kill. Is it all that is to gods? Mindless, pointless,
    violence?

My apologies, Herald, I rambled on. Follow me, we must meet... Ugh. Baalzebulb, Lord of Flies...

She doesn't like him. Obviously.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #278

*Dis*

Crikkeshh made a thunderclap in the affirmative and followed Zariel, pleased at the progress.

[[Just a note, it's Khakom.]]

*Galestone, Dal'cory Islands*

On one of the many islands that made up the Dal'Cory, three ships were anchored. One had a bow in the shape of a woman with arms spread wide, and cloudy-grey sails. The Maelstrom. The next had black sails, with Khakom's Pond sewn into them in blue and grey. It sported a figurehead fashioned to look like a powerfully-built man with waterlogged hair and beard. This was the Stormrage. And the last was smallest, although with the largest cargo capacity, with sky-blue sails, and the intricate designs that definetely marked it as recently belonging to the mercantile class. It had no figurehead currently, and was in the midst of being christened.

"The Frenzy!"
    yelled Garrick as he smashed a bottle of ouzo on the boat's hull.

"THE FRENZY!" came the reply from the gathered pirates, who quickly went about celebrating by drinking and singing off key, except for Gyren, who was trained, but was also shy and unlikely to sing above a mezzo-piano. Davin pulled his brother aside and unfurled a parchment.

"Look! Look at all the money out on my head!"

"Davin...every bounty hunter this side of Ramua will be looking for you!" Garrick shouted. Davin beamed.

"I know! Isn't it great?!"

Garrick sighed and smiled, as the Storm Riders celebrated the third ship in their growing fleet. He made a swift prayer.

Khakom, God of Storms...lead my brother safely through the chaos and storms to come...
    Last edited by String; 2008-10-06 at 01:19 AM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Asherah, Akkade

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    The pebble speaks "I've done what I can. Hopefully, two will soon be joining. You say you don't trust me, but to me that's an even better reason to work together. I mean, you don't think I trust you do you? Don't answer that. You'd likely just insult me. As I see it, a certain amount of infighting is a good thing. It makes us stronger. More suspicious. Gives us more skill at deception. I fully intend to use you, just as I hope you should fully intend to use me. Many of our interests line up. We have many of the same enemies. We should cooperate. And compete. They're the same thing anyways. And lets face it, we are definitely going to have conflicts. This way we can do so in a way that doesn't hurt each others feelings. I'm pretty sensitive you know!"
    "I suppose... You will do as you wish either way. I doubt we could be rid of you, even should we try. Join then, but know that I shall be keeping this pebble... as insurance."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Akkade

The mirages of the Ashen Sea coalesced into a singular form before the gates of Akkade. A figure fully clad in armor with wings like a thousand snapping ropes stepped forth from behind two rays of the sun. In its hands, it carried an ancient horn and behind it trailed endless lengths of banners once dedicated to a multitude of ill-fated factions and ideals.

The envoy held the instrument in both hands and the horn sounded off without the armored figure ever having to lift its faceplate. Once and then twice did the noise reverberate through the isle; it was a primal, fundamental note, but one that had never been harnessed by mortal hands. Its tone cackled off every solid surface until the desert winds whipped up a cacophony that sounded like a chorus of maddened laughter.

Elimanishon's herald put down the horn, securing it on a belt loop, then it stood as motionless as a statue.
    A Dao genie approaches the angel with a scowl on his face. "Asherah bids you enter on behalf of your patron, only quit making that infernal racket. You've already made three jann stewards lose count, which resulted in their execution. Do you know how hard it is to find honest accountants among the worshipers of a goddess of greed?"
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

In her hand, the pebble speaks.
    "Really? This pebble are you sure? Because I was thinking about using it in the future to address others. So many make such a production of being big and tough and intimidating. But I kind of like the idea of using something tiny and seemingly insignificant to represent myself. Can I give you some other pebble for you to use as insurance? Or maybe you want a diamond. You like treasure right? Of course you do! Everyone likes treasure. I could give you some treasure for the pebble that is me that you are holding. What do you say?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Asherah says nothing, simply placing the pebble into a small box which she stuffs into her pocket. Turning to the shadow dragon, she speaks.

"You have been silent for long, dragon. What is the message your master sends?"
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Akkade

The herald takes a very deep bow that almost touches the ground. "My apologies. And where is your mistress? There is business to conduct." The wings retract and the banners slowly wind together in a roll on its back.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Cornu Copiae, Preist-King's Office

The Priest-King listens wearily as the representative of the Honorable West Dal'Croy Trading Company or Ho.W.Da.T.Co. for short, brought up thier complaints about the growing trend of piracy against thier ships. Since the Theocracy had opened its ports for trade, it had allowed for several trading companies to establish themselves as long as the companies paid taxes on all merchandise and rent for space, service and protection of the Theocratic ports. As the years passed, feirce competition between the companies led to the increase of goods sold, and drops in prices as the price wars raged between the companies.

Of course none was as successful or as ruthless as the Ho.W.Da.T.Co. when it comes to dealing with compeition and maximizing thier profits. They had managed to throw several smaller companies out of the race, through devious tactics, and would then absorb the smaller companies when they failed. This led to having the Ho.W.Da.T.Co. being close to securing thier monopoly on trade within the Dal'Cory region, and there was no doubt that they would eventualy move to obtain a monopoly on all trade going in and out of the Theocracy.

However, the Ho.W.Da.T.Co. were not happy. More actions against thier merchant ships by these.... Storm Riders had reached a new level of boldness. What was worst, it was starting to make a small dent in the company's profits, and this was something that they wouldn't stand for. Even more worst, is that the over-stretched Theocratic navy was so far unable to catch these pirates, and this was the reason why the company had sent its representative to the Preist-King, in the hope that more Theocratic ships may be sent to patrol the region.

Of course the Priest-King was already aware of this growing trend, unfortunatly besides the squadron he had already sent, he was not about to comprimise the safty of the nation for mere profit. Besides that, he was not too fond ot the Ho.W.Da.T.Co. Thier under-handed policies were well known around Cornu Copiae, but with no solid evidence of any sort, there was nothing the Priest-King or the Theocracy could do to stop them.

"I have already told the company, that the Theocratic Navy is doing all it can to stop these pirates..." Says the Priest-King wearily.

"While the Ho.W.Da.T.Co. respects Rear-Admiral Murphy's prestigous military history... ah... we fear that the means that his holiness has provided is inadequate for the task at hand."

"In case the company hasn't noticed we are in a constant state of high alert against threats comming from all side. Your wealth will do us little good if it allows the Va'Tari to march into the temple in Cornu Copiae!"

"The Ho.W.Da.T.Co. knows full well the extent of the threat to our fair nation. However, it does feel that while security against foreign nations is vital to the survival of the nation, other threats against the national economy should not be ignored either."

More like threat to your own pockets, thinks the Priest-King to himself.
    "The Theocracy has already sent what it can to deal with this problem. A state-bounty has been declared on them. Unless there is a direct threat to the people and the dependancies of Cornu Copiae, then we shall not dedicate anymore resources to hunt down these pirates. Why dosn't the company take things into thier own hands and put down thier own bounty for these pirates? Its not as if the company lacks the money to do so." The Preist-King concludes his meeting with the representative with a sarcastic tone.

The representative bows as he leaves the Priest-King's office. Once he is sure that he is alone, the Priest-King calls for his advisor

"Elril... what do you make of this?"

Elril walks from the shadows, a man of old age, he is dressed in robes which is common to the Amalthean preisthood. He then answers

"My lord should know that the company cares more for thier own profit rather than anything else. I fear that they may take the matter into thier own hands."

"So you think I should have sent an extra squadron?" Asks the Preist-King

"The sacred goddess knows..." answers Elril in a cryptic manner

"Very well, for now we shall sit back and watch what happens. Then we will have a clearer idea on how to act to this problem."

Ho.W.Da.T.Co Headquarters, Cornu Copiae

In the Ho.W.Da.T.Co headquarters in the market district of Cornu Copiae, the three owners of the company discuss about important issues.

"Blasted fools! They insist on these invisible threats while igoring the obvious ones that laugh straight in our face!"

"Relax, my friend, its a known fact that the Theocracy is envious of our wealth. It makes perfect sense that they are unwilling to help us..."

"Then what shall we do? If the raids continue, then our revenue will start declining dramaticaly!"

"Gentlemen... I have a plan, if these... Storm Riders love to play pirates, then perhaps we should give them a taste of thier own medicine..."

"You dont mean you intend to..."

"Exactly... send a representative immediatly..."

In a shady tavern on the Dal'Cory Islands (Yes even the Theocracy has those)

The "Bloated Pig Inn" was a dump of a place. Situated inside one of the new growing cities, this establishment... if it could be called that way, was poorly built, the drinks where watered down, and the food was terrible. Yet it was strategicaly situated near the docks, which meant that sailors could spend time wasting thier money on foul drinks, games of chances, and of course on the ladies who made it thier buisness to part men from thier money. It was a flourishing industry in the region. Another advantage of the Bloated Pig Inn was that few questions are ever asked, and with the noise of drunken sailors, it is easy for someone to have a conversation without risking of being overheard. It was for this reason that Captain "Grinning" Loraatra prefered to hold her rendevous in this place.

Captain Loraatra, a Half-Elf, was once the first mate on a Va'Tari ship. However, Loraatra wanted to witness constant battle, but the Va'Tari Empire seemed content to just sit passivly and do nothing while other nations continue to grow. It also didn't help that she loved the open sea, however the creation of the flow made her despise the Va'Tari oceans. For that reason she left her homeland, and formed a band of pirates who operate far beyond the Evad or the Dal'Cory Islands. She is a battle-hardened pirate, who during a particularly nasty battle, received a wound on her face which resulted in a scar, running from the right corner of her mouth, all the way to her ear, earning her the name of "Grinning Loraatra".

She looks at the representative of the company, sitting across the table and looking nervous as he was clearly out of his element in this tough pub. Several times in the past, the company had hired Loraatra and her crew to attack rival ships at strategic moments when important cargos were being shipped to ensure that the maximum financial damage can be made to the rival company, thus resulting in them declaring bankrupcy. Loraatra looks at the representative and says

"So... you people want me to do another dirty job for you? I want half infront this time. Last time we worked with you we actualy had to stand up to a Theocratic fleet."

"Rest assure madam, the Ho.W.Da.T.Co will pay you in the usual manner."

Loraatra chugs her watered down ale in one gulp and says while looking at the bounty on Davin and Garrick's head.

"Hmmm.... these aren't the usual sort that we tend to work with, I'll have to demand double the normal fee, and I get to keep all the bounty."

The representative takes a moment to think before nodding his head in agreement. He had been given strict orders to accept any terms the captain might put.

Loraatra grins, and with her scar looks more sinister than ever

"Right then... lets show these... Storm Raiders how true piracy is conducted... Grinning Skull Pirates style!"

as yet another fight between two drunken sailors over a woman erupts once again.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-10-06 at 12:13 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    "Hmph. I plucked out the eye of the War God when was still a pup. He would be dead were it not for the unfortunate stipulations placed on the duel. How long has it been...a thousand years, at least? Perhaps he's nursed his pride back to health by now. Let him come. I have a son now, stronger now than I was when I faced Varr. My daughters are the very embodiment of valor, they are creature of battle. And what of me?"

He chuckles to himself and sips from his glass.

"I do not overstate my position to be counted among the Elder Ones. I am not so old as you, Uncle, but having succeeded my father...I know my place among the Lords of Creation. I stood by your side a thousand yeas ago, and I proved my worth, and I will do so again, should Varr return. Frankly I would relish the opportunity to prove my skill once more. You may recall that no being has ever drawn my blood...I am eager to defend that reputation."
    Xiua'hi smiles warmly

"It warms my heart to hear that Esteemed Nephew. Then perhaps you would be interested in joining me in…a small working in Playground? My long slumber is over, and I feel it is high time we prepare the world for what is to come. As for your children, they are all honors to your name, you should be very proud."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

In the Ocean, near various fleets

The skies begin to turn a magnificent color as if the sun was setting. Anyone to have walked the Sunfire lands would recognize the nauseating colors that slowly crept across the sky. A smell of sulfur and other strange materials assaults the senses of the sailors. Despite the cloud cover, the sun burns as intensely as it ever had and all the shadows across the ships are scoured away in the light.

Then the skies begin to ripple as thousands of meteors stream down into the oceans and smash against hulls. Much of the stuff simply lands across the decks and comes to a stop. The rocks shine like rainbow-laden gemstones laced with veins of gold and otherworldly colors. For an hour, the strange meteor shower is unrelenting but all at once it stops and the skies fade away to the usually hues. Strangely enough the rocks are heavy like metal but float across the surface of the water.

(1 AP = 3 - 2 (Create Dream Ore; 'Manifest Zone'))

Dream Ore
    Spoiler
    Show

Sleeping near any quantity of dream ore will produce feverish dreams and nightmares such that one cannot actually recover during rest. Another property is that the larger the quantity gathered, the more it acts as a manifest zone to the Solar Eternity. Eventually, dreams and nightmares begin to take physical shape and something from the home plane might come through.

It looks to be worth a countless fortune and its value to alchemists is immense; purified dream ore will lead to the Philosopher's Stone. Plus, it's pretty.

Gameplay Mechanic:
    When used as a material component to ur-mage casting (one pound per spell level), it reduces the 20 you need to roll in order to and initiate wild magic effects down to 19 (caster level 1-5), 18 (caster level 6-10), 17 (caster level 11-15), or 16 (caster level 16-20). However, the DM gets to reroll the d% that determines the result a number of times up to the number by which the required result of 20 is reduced. So a 20th level ur-mage casting a ninth level spell with 9 pounds of dream ore will activate wild magic effects on a 16 or better; but the DM gets to reroll the d% up to 4 times for the most ironic or sinister result.

When using a rod of wonder within range of dream ore, two effects happen (roll twice).

Dream ore's 'range of effect' is generally a 5 foot per pound radius.

Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to derive any sort of mischievous materials from dream ore. Gunpowder, etc...
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-10-06 at 02:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Anak’Ritmaki

How The Grand Rajh Razade had lived so long was a wonder to the entire nation, but lived he had, thank the Blessed Twilight. Under his rule the city had continued to remain safe, the powerful illusions and magics keeping the strongest beasts at bay.

But perhaps his greatest claim in the countries history was the new colonies they had founded, several on the surrounding islets of Xiua, the largest standing proud on the largest island at the very tip of the Dal’Cory islands. But it was the ships, powerful arcane powered duel wheeled ships.

The two satellite colonies would be called Anak’Eftental and Anak’Urtelen.

Va’Tari Fleet 529: Va’Tari waters

The meteor storm had ruined the days harvesting, several ships near sinking, though all fleets that were able to retrieve the magical stone were placed within the flow, returning to the various islands, where research and experiments began.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

**Caina, on Illumina**

Caina and her 'assistant', as he preferred to be called (far more dignified than 'pet'), had been walking for weeks, maybe even months, with little more than Caina's intuition to guide them. It had been significantly less than enjoyable, to say the least.

"Madam...we aren't lost, are we?" asked Luxton desperately.

Caina looked up at what had just come into her vision.

"Oh no, Lux. Oh no..." she said with a smile.

"Umm...excuse me?"

Caina hopped off his back and started to run up the newly apparent mountain, while Luxton followed behind, seriously considering his mistress's sanity. Once they reached the top, however, he had never been more certain of it.

"We're here! Yes! That's right! Count it! Two lost cities I've found now! Well, Lux? Shall we see how they are?"

And she walked forth to find the head of whatever sort of organization had arisen in the city, eager to get rid of said organization and find the valuable citizen from the Grin that had been taken. The two goals weren't related, of course, but as long as she was in the neighborhood...well, two birds with one large, flying tyrannosaurus rex and all...

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Dla, Aerashin

Dla pondered in his place of comfort, his home plane. Gods. Beings of divine might. They were everywhere, it seemed. Indeed, more had sprung up while he slept. That whimpering pup, Khakom. And others, equally weak and pitiful. But he must speak with them, for he would gaining nothing by shunting himself away. So he sent clouds, puffs of air carrying his message on the wind, to those he felt it proper. But there was a god, sitting in the void. A different god. One of mind, and one of magic. So he set his herald, Grace, to see to her.

Grace, a flawless elf with perfect white skin, so pale if she sat in snow she would vanish and garbed in gray robes, went to Teera. My Master requests that you see him, oh Mage Queen.

Clouds:
    Dirijie:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I remember a time where we were not opposed to working together. Perhaps a Unification of forces will benefit us both. Please come see me in due time.

Xiua"Hi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Father, I have awakened to see the world again. I wish to seek an audience with you, if it pleases you.

Lossethir:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know of your great strength, cousin, and how you defeated Varr. You would make a fine ally, as I would like to unify some of your complex and twisted family together.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-10-06 at 05:21 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Habor, the Grin

The artful flameborn had absconded with a steam engine machine and began studying the properties of its design. In his hidden laboratory he had opened a portal below to the Sunfire Citadel where he had also taken up alchemy. He hoped to combine the two somehow. And now he had visions of secret gemstones falling from the skies.

Habor sent out the order to his associates to gather this new ore from the oceans. Soon, the desert skiffs of the dunes tore across the land of Xiua destined for the open ocean. Of course, they weren't intentionally built for water, but those who serve the Mindful One never much cared for what should and shouldn't be.

Ripka, the Sunfire Citadel

A Sovereign Alchemist by the name of Ripka had taken the city's maniacal populace by storm and became the new high priest to Elimanishon. Though it was largely due to the untimely deaths of the competitors, the victory was nonetheless celebrated as it could only be in the strange heart of the sun-scarred desert.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-10-06 at 04:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Marietta, Outside the Haradi Citadel

Marietta cursed. On the horizon, another army came, and, at the same time, a wave of stink assailed her nostrils. She wrinkled her nose in reaction, and then quickly turned to her small band. Only 100 they numbered, but they were all armoured, and could fight reasonably well.
    "We appear to be in a bad spot. I think we can reasonably assume that at least one of the 2 forces is hostile. Chances are, there's going to be a fight, and we're going to called to be part of it. I'd rather not fight if possible, but if we have to, I'd rather be on the side of the desert ones, not the decaying ones."
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #291

Xiua’Hi: At The Opera

Xiua’hi reclined, awaiting the answer from his nephew, when a sudden cloud floated before him, popping like a frozen bubble, the message whispering in his mind. With a nod, the Earth Lord summoned forth a single clay colored bird, sending it back to the Elven God

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing would please me more, Surviving Son. When I am done with my business I shall meet with you.
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

*Celonechor: The Opera House*

Lossethir waves his hand to the attendant and another message is relayed to the conductor, giving him the go-ahead to fire up the overture and being the performance. He slides back into his seat and considers his uncle's words.

"I admit I've not been a fan of your recent work. None of my concern, really...that great sleeping beast...those frog-like abominations and...oh yes, that great pit of mud conveniently surrounding the other abominations? Va'somethingornother. Like I said; not my concern. Not my sylphs, not my dwarves, not my spire...not my problem" roguish grin.

"But, I'm all ears, if you have an endeavor in mind that would interest me...by all means, expound."

He waves away Dla's cloud with a bit of agitation after the message is delivers. "And your son, like you, Uncle, should learn to get to the point of the matter. I do not tire of flattery but I would prefer business up front. You'll speak with him soon, I presume? Do tell him that my aid is something to be earned or purchased...I do not offer up my time or presence freely. Aaah, it begins!" he smiles as the performers take the stage.

He could only guess at what Dla was up to or what, preciously, he would want with him. So, he chose not to guess and simply dismiss the matter until a proper request could be made.

He spares just another moment before engrossing himself in the performance...leaning back to pull open the curtains of his private box to speak with an attendant "Is my son here? Please, send him to me...erm, during intermission!"

23. - Top - End - #293

*The Pit*

Crikkeshh followed after Zariel, still reviewing in his mind what he would say to the Lord of Flies when they met.

*Celonechor*

Khakom walked through the halls towards Lossethir's opera viewing booth, when he was waved down by an attendant.

"Your father wishes to see you, Milord."

"I was just on my way," Khakom muttered, pushing past the man. The man merely stepped into the Storm God's path again.

"But he wishes you to wait until intermission."

Khakom sighed, and blew the attendent into the wall with a minor gust of wind. He wasn't hurt, just shaken. Khakom waited across the hall from his father's box until intermission.

*Dal'cory Islands*

A fierce storm was whipping through the seas that the Maelstrom sailed. Davin Rhoam stood, as always at the bow, his wings tucked under his heavy coat. The waves crashed, and the thunder roared, but Davin merely laughed. Cian was a master helmsman, and some of the new men they'd recruited were quite good at the job as well. The Stormrage and the Frenzy were back at Galestone, recovering from a harsh run in with a group of glory-seeking bounty hunters. The Storm Riders had come out the victors, of course, but Garrick had been wounded heavily, and the little bard Gyren had lost his life. They needed more men, more ships, more training. Davin had ordered the Maelstrom to sea, to scan the shipping lanes for any more Trading Co. ships. A brutal tempest had come up, frightening some of the newer recruits, but the seasoned vets knew better. The only thing that bothered Davin about this storm was the ships approaching from the port side, the ones that weren't flying any colors the Captain had ever seen. The ones that were sailing straight for the Maelstrom. A voice from the crow's nest; Nog, a arcanist of some sort. A new addition.

"Captain! Foreign Ships off the Port bow! They look Va'tari!"

Va'tari. The situation might have grown dreadfully worse.

"Storm Riders!" Davin shouted, "Ready for battle! Arm the Ballistae! If you've got magic, prepare! Cian, set us up for clubhauling!" Davin leapt to the rigging and climbed up where the entire crew could see, and raised his caman. "Storm Riders!"
    "STORM RIDERS!"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Void

Albatrix awoke from his slumber. He had dreamt of a menial, monotinous existence, and was overjoyed to return to the world which he knew so well.

His first action was, of course, to see to the Scylgris.

Spoiler
    Show
    (a bunch) AP = (more a bunch) AP - 1 (Nourish Populace)
    Sorry about my lack of actual AP calc. I don't know what week it is, so it's kinda' hard to know... I'll edit it in as soon as I figure out.
    You will be confused.

Spoiler
    Show

Lords of Creation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently In: LoC 5: New Beginning(s)
    Previous Participation: LoCitP (Albatrix) and LoC:CoA (Sulmur)

DR/WS: 3/0
    Mights: 2 all
    AP:3
    Domains: Dimensions
    Divine Actions:
    Created the Second Dimension
    Created the Material Plane within the Second Dimension

25. - Top - End - #295

Xiua’hi: The Opera

Xiua’hi simply nods, a smile curling at the edge of his mouth, simply handing a very inctritly carved gothic style cathedral from his robes and handing it to Lossither, not speaking until intermission.

“I am an agent of balance, Esteemed Nephew. Someone somewhere will not care for what I do, when ever I do it. I am more then prepared to deal with the outcome. It is how I have always done it, and I can not change what I am. As to what I am getting after. A small strike of the anvil of war, before it comes to us.

A…monestary where the old gods are yet revered for their glory in battle, combat, and wisdom. A Holy Order, so to speak. I simply came to see your new home and children, and ask for your assistance in creating such a…following. Your tenacity and glory in battle, and the wisdom that has come from the ages of strife, grief and love. Togather with several others, it would serve as you and I served against the Invader, a united front standing before the abominations from without, before they ever arrive."
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

And so Caina and Luxton swept down upon the scattered villages in the valley in the mountains, and, without a leader, they quickly fell to her superior strength and skill, not that they really had much reason to oppose her, though.

And Caina had her new subjects, the worshippers of the Destroyer before and the worshippers of the Destroyer still, build her a throne. A seat atop a great stepped pyramid, and the her new subjects moved built new homes around it. Three teirs of homes were made, an inner, middle, and outer ring, where the powerful, the craftsmen, and commoners resided, respectively.

Their worship to the Destroyer changed also. No longer did they flay themselves. Nay, Caina had found this practice disgusting, and had decided to redirect their efforts to more profitable targets. She lowered a passage through the mountains around the valley and decreed that every year, all in the realm who were of a certain age would attend a hunt. They would all go out for a solid week, and at the end of that week, whichever individual had taken down the largest dinosaur would be declared the winner, the only one worthy of ascending to demonhood. He would take his life then and prey that the Destroyer would send him back to his homeland to participate in the hunt again, and, should that demon win, ascend once more.

Caina wasn't sure that the Bright Light would honor the ritual she had established, but she certainly hoped that a week of mindless carnage for both young and old would make him happy, and powerful demon subjects would prove valuable someday.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP = 4 AP - 1 AP (Mold Land: Make a single passage in the mountains)

27. - Top - End - #297

Dalam Tashal: Above the Va’Tari Empire

Dalam has drifted in the skies of her empire gazing upon it like a mother at a newborn child. Her skies were filled with the dragons she had corrupted, the “seas” filled with powerful boats that were the terror of the seas. But there was more work to do. So much more work to do.

She then gazed down at the ships in the sea, plucking one from The Flow, and holding it with her divine energy. With a simple word, a single devil, a Pitfiend of rather old linage, was at her side, bowing low to its queen. And then, as soon as it appeared, it seemed to melt into a single point, dark energy flooding its very core as it moved, slowly expanding to envelope the ships hual.

The crew aboard the ship cried out once, before the energy completely coated the ship in a purple black haze, forming a new shape around the ship. And suddenly, the energy seemed to harden, glowing a cherry red like fresh glass. Its form was sleeker without sails or rudders. To any outside observe, it would appear as a long, rectangular shaped building, its end tapering quickly to a point. But the crew inside saw a whole other beast.

And the term beast would have been the most fitting. The walls, floor and ceiling appered much like before, made of wood and steel nails, but odd veins and mouths seemed to sprout from bulkheads and floorboards, quickly reabsorbing and repapering in different locations. But deep in the center of ship was the strangest, and most changed region of all. Shaped like a beating heart, the captain of the once land bound craft sat in a seat made of flesh and scale, his very body fused to the ship. Dark runes pulsed like blood through the construct, coating every inch of the core, powering the ship.
    And the weapons of the ship found themselves changed as well. The Ballista and catapults became engrained into the ship, like foul hands and legs of a great beast. Pointing at their targets with a vile and wicked will only a true captain of the Va’tari could posses. And no need for ammunition did these weapons require, the bolts and missles made from bone and bile.

Dalam sneered. Her newest and most glorious weapon was complete

“And you, my first of many, shall be called Razorwind.”

(Create Artifact: Infernal Airships-3=3-1=0)

Posted for Alchemy, as per ordered

Xam, the World Web

Xam looked out upon the world and sighed.

"Stupid black outs..." he said, knowing that the Playground itself had decided him to sleep. He looked out on the world and waved his hand. He saw the blue mist of his brother, and smiled.

"Incarnum... I made magic, and he perverted it. I shall return the favor."

And first he breathed in the mist. And from his breath the souls became divine and spread out amongst the world. And then he bit his own hand and spilt his blood on Ramua. And the blood from his teeth became humanoids with beautiful scales adorning their necks and wriosts and ankles, people of love and passion and greed and generosity and emotion. And from his hand came a people with spines like Xam had his dragon spines. And these people where hard and stern and typically angry.

"My children on my spittle, you are the rilkan. You are incarnum made like my tongue: sweet and chaotic and wonderful. Those of my hand, you are like my body and scales: you are made in my image from my brother's power and you are as hard and unbending as any dragonscale.

"And you, those of my breath: you are the Shoku. You are to go out and give the people hope. You will tell them that dark times always lead to light, and that hope and faith are repaired."

And the Shoku spread across the world and gave divine power to those who prayed to anything of old, taking the form of many of the creatures that walked the world, and calling the grand Rice Fields and Web Way their home.

(3 AP = 13 AP - 2 AP (Make RIlkans) -2 AP (Make Skarns) - 3 AP (Make Shoku) - 3 AP (Evolve 3)
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Dis, Palace of Baalzebul

Still Dis, it is the capital of the infernalpit, everyone who is important lives in this city that sprawls around the pit of Nessus.

Anyway.

The palace of Baalzebul. A beautiful place, even with the motiffs of flies and a few insects used for adornment. He is the lord of flies, and the lord of lies, after all.

You who expect some ugly, fat slug rolling on it's own filth, forget. Baalzebul is not like that. Yet, at least. Zariel brings the Herald before what at first resembles an angel, a solar in all it's glory.

But a second look reveals those large, compound eyes on his face. The head, a mix of angel and vermin.

Ah. Lady Zariel, what brings you to my palace in this beautiful day?

Spare me, you and I are aware of what is my business.

You are no fun. Very well, Crikkeshh it is. What brings you here, again?

Baalzebul's sense motive is over nine thousand.

So please, don't just say it again, say where it is true and where it is not true.

Dark Home

Eul blinked when his brother acted, unexpected, the act, not the action itself.

This was... Hmm... Not an issue. In fact, maybe my brother just made something he will grow to regret.

Dun, dun, dunnnn...

Haras

Over yonder, the dead prepared themselves, their plan was simple, drag the neogi up and drop them down, take the quth-maren out with the divine power of Eul (rebuke undead), seize whatever beasts could be seized. New beings to add to the ranks of the undead where never too many, in the end.

But not by day. The nightwings would only fly in the dark night, and the deadborn felt unconfortable under the relentless sun. No, the night it is. For now, the veil of mistic darkness eclipsed Elimanishon's eye over the undead legion.
    Last edited by Draken; 2008-10-06 at 11:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Amensi

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Amensi, Vincent

Vincent walks out of the portal and into the Palace in Amensi. Looking around at the decoration layed out.

"Hmmm..... very nice..." he mutters to himself

Stopping one of the servents as he passes by Vincent tells him

"Pardon me, but I seek to speak with Klik'chak, would you be so kind as to tell me where I can find him?"
    The Emissary of Sand approaches Vincent.
    "I'm not certain why, or how, you would come here, but you do realize you aren't able to leave now, right? Congratulations. You're Dead.

Klik'chak's out wandering in the Void at the moment, and I have duties to attend to in the mortal world. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but crossing through that portal just destroyed your body. If you want to leave, you'll have to wade through the bureaucracy, and the dead citizens of the Theocracy have joined with us and had centuries to perfect their methods. Believe me when I say that you'll be here awhile. Good luck."

The Emissary points back towards the line of souls waiting to work their way through the Eternal Bureaucracy to enter the True Afterlife. As Vincent turns to look where he is pointing, the Emissary vanishes, joining the army of the Chosen outside the Haradi Citadel.
    [hr]
    Akkade

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Akkade

The herald takes a very deep bow that almost touches the ground. "My apologies. And where is your mistress? There is business to conduct." The wings retract and the banners slowly wind together in a roll on its back.
    "You can find her in the tower of the citadel. I believe she is meeting with others. Move along now, I have duties to attend to, and she likes not to be kept waiting."
    [hr]
    Desert of Teerp, outside the Haradi Citadel

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn_ap_Nud View Post
    Marietta, Outside the Haradi Citadel

Marietta cursed. On the horizon, another army came, and, at the same time, a wave of stink assailed her nostrils. She wrinkled her nose in reaction, and then quickly turned to her small band. Only 100 they numbered, but they were all armoured, and could fight reasonably well.
    "We appear to be in a bad spot. I think we can reasonably assume that at least one of the 2 forces is hostile. Chances are, there's going to be a fight, and we're going to called to be part of it. I'd rather not fight if possible, but if we have to, I'd rather be on the side of the desert ones, not the decaying ones."
    Entrenched as they had been for what seemed an eternity, the Chosen of Sand had transitioned from an army to a community of heavily armed citizens. What they now lacked in trained military tactics, they made up for in sheer numbers and ferocity. It had been the work of generations to hold this position against the monstrosities from the Insanity Beyond, and they would be damned before they allowed the damned souls of Eul to break them here and now. Though the undead forces seemed to be nearly limitless, the generations had spent countless years animating the sands of the desert. No longer were the dunes merely inert sand, but the dunes themselves would rise up to fight the undead scourge which plagued the Holy Deserts.

With a sudden blast of superheated air, the Emissary of Sand appeared before the Chosen. He had come to bolster them against the gathering storm before them.

A small battalion of about 100 Chosen were sent forth to meet with the strangers that had arrived just before the undead army. Behind these foreigners, two Huge dunes rose up to block their retreat. Perhaps they had led the undead forces here, perhaps they were fleeing the army, or maybe, just maybe, their arrival was one of those strange coincidences. Regardless, the Chosen would take no chances. They would do battle with these outsiders if necessary.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh well.

Haras

Magical darkness bloted the sun above most of the undead hordes. A matter of confort, really.

The newcomers would be greeted by none less than Saaira herself, the lich in all her... Glory. Sort of. Clearly an elven woman, but her skin seemed mumified by the ages alone, stretched thin above her bones, while her hollow sockets gleamed with dots of blue light.

Followers of Klik'chak, I saw you from above, from beyond, before the great one sent me back to do his work once again. You are very bold to come before us in such a way. Is it death you wish? Of course not, who would want so, that's why we revere Eul, because he gives eternity.

So what brings you here? Don't say that these are your sands. These lands were old when I was young, and I was resting in the bowels of the earth, aged beyond my time, when your god was born. What brings you before us, what makes you surround our living allies, isolate then in a time of need. What brings you to block our acess to our brother, unrightfully enslaved by an excuse of a god from another world?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing