New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Atrocity, Horn of Amalthea, Approaching the Council Chamber

"Aheheh. I sense them." Atrocity stalked the streets, swaying under the flurry of his own mind as if he were drunk. People stared as he made his way and their eyes began to burn as they looked on him. When he had passed, an after-image of the form that lay below his physical one was so delicately scarred into their view. There were few to stop him, and even a lack of road beneath his feet could not bother him.

Elimanishon, Solar Eternity

The sun god smiled. He focused all that he took in into more divine energy.

2 = 5 - 3 (DR +1; Barbarian +2)
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-09 at 04:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma; Sun's Surface

Enigma summons a creature of pure flame, an elemental, the creature speaks in a voice that brings forth the flame lord's own power. The creature looks to Eli "Son, burn the world, with my blessing. Drought, Destruction, Pain. Give all to those who will not speak to the true Gods. Half-breeds from that was pure and good. They must die. War you will grant them. Drought you will grant them. They declare hatred of the Godly form. We will declare hatred for them. My sun, you are going to do this, because if you don't, you will never know why I ask this of you. Not Fiona, not Magnus, not Xuia'Hi, YOU."
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2008-09-09 at 04:55 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Icedrift, Khakom*

"Yes." the Storm God responded in kind, dissipating the cloud-armor and nodding "He gave me some insights into reaching a manner of control over my inner chaos, and to seek wisdom in the matters of the mortals." Khakom looked down at the table the Valkyries sat at, and arched a brow. "What is this?"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, The Sun

Elimanishon's smile yielded slightly as he rose through the barriers between the sun and its swirling interior. "Then... You're giving me... permission? To do that? And why aren't you stuck in the Burning Void? Hmm. If it's that important to you. The chance to upstage Xiua? I can kill them with my love!" He flicked his wings.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh.

Fools, all of them.

Deep in the site of the first, and worst, battle of the two nations, something terrible stirred. The third governant of these isles, like Dalam, it ruled alone, like Davorin, it ruled under divine will. It was called Leviathan, the greatest nightjaw of all.

Raise from the depths, ancient ones.

The blackened waters burbled, Va'tari and Theocratic ships rested in the depths, along with a great island Dalam had sunk, and these places now belonged to the walking dead.

Well, the swimming dead...

But there were other things too. Shadow Spire exported to it's territorial expansions, from beneath the weaves were the mortals could not find their... Goods. Which were mostly corpses, the only thing the undead really needed.

And the black waters burbled. They burbled as corpses floated from the depths, rot releasing foul gases to the surface, these were gargantuan corpses, the bodies of two dead wyrms.

Arise!

The dragons twitched as wisps of dark blue flames escaped the holes in their hide. The flesh rotting down to reveal furnaces of necrocarnum in it's purest form between the ribs of the titanic things.

Arise to serve the shadow in death as you did in life!

The skeletons of the dragons lash out of their corpses, hide and flesh sinking to the depths, food for hungering lacedons. As the newly made bone wyrms lifted themselves to the sky, one going to the Palace of Justified Hate, capital of Va'tari and another to the Theocracy capital of Cornu Copiae.

Leviathan kept to itself in the darkness bellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma; Sun's Surface

Enigma shifts, so many questions, this is why he stayed put. Questions, with answers, wrapped in one. How wasteful. None the less, this must be dealt with. Again the creature with all the answers spoke again. "I am not giving you permission, i'm declaring backup on my part. If you do this, you will have my power and name to push it forward. You do not have to do anything. However, my power backs up this action." The creature vanishes. Enigma leans in "Questions. Good." with that Enigma vanishes, back to the burning void.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Events are quickly unfolding, soon color is coming everywhere. Mayhem, Death, Chaos. Okay. Looks like it's time. It should be able to do it now.

First though is the matter of a place for Yam. He'll want a place to keep all the pretty things he'll be taking soon.

New space? Yeah, that's easy for it. Especially here. In a nearby non spatial dimension, suddenly there is space. And in the next instant rock covered by water appears.

To Yam
    "You can do whatever you want with this place. Except for those few rules I mentioned. The first, everyone in The Abyss either is here willingly, or decides that they like being here. People who don't like it here can escape, if they convince me to let them go. On your layer I guess I'll let that right go to you. Only those who accept this place can let it enter them, and become Demons. But you can make their bodies into horrible misshapen things. Also, sometimes people try and invade this place to rescue those in here. I don't interfere directly, while you could I suggest not. It's funner that way. To date no one has successfully saved anyone, and they only end up becoming Demons anyways.

But yeah, basically do whatever you want. Feel free to decorate! If you don't like all the water you can turn it into blood or get rid of it. Change gravity if such things sicken you.

Oh, the most important rule. Things that have happened must be allowed to have happened. Every individual has a right to their experiences. I don't think you have the power to change that, but you might find something like that. Never use it if you do. Terrible things will happen if you do. Trust mommy on this one."

Time for the others.

"I have found freedom from freedom. And so I give you the same! Death to Rule! Death to Freedom! Death to Death! I defy you Tyrannous Space of Freedom! I FREE YOU OUTER POWERS!"

That was the gist of it's words. But they were not the actual sounds it made. It is what most heard. That was because something in them was protecting them. The Abyss seemed to shield them from something horrific in the sounds. Did the light intend this? As it said, the place gets into mortal souls, which themselves already seemed to block out these sorts of words. But a Demon? They seem much more resistant. Odd that.

The Sky of the Abyss seemed to rapidly flash between colors, before an opening appeared. Some of the Demons would later report that they had headaches when staring at them. Some of them said they thought they felt a breeze. Others a pull. Some lost their sense of direction for a moment. And a few saw things that were not there.

Spoiler
    Show

Made layer 2 of The Abyss for Yam
    Summoned the other four Outer Powers. Beings like The Destroyer. They're DR 0 for now.

"Now, you all know the plan right?"

The Demons look puzzled, "You didn't tell us about any plan."

"I know, I wasn't actually talking to you guys. I've got a different one for you."

"What's the plan for us."

"I'll tell you later!"
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-09 at 06:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fiona, The Abyss

Fiona huffed, this creature was unreasonable. This would not do. "Fine, the Abyss is yours..now come with me. We will teach the flameborn many things."

The Ebon demon simply chuckled "No. I think not. I'm evil, not dumb. You should take a lesson from the lesser creature who calls himself 'Mommy' if you know of who I speak. We love chaos, yes. We are evil, so what? But, we are not dumb. Do not presume as such. I ask one thing of you, you do not deliver. You insult my intelligence." pulling a huge wickedly waved sword from his back, the blade glistening with pure malice. "I'll either kill you, or own you. Choose." as he speaks he thrusts the blade of dark emotion at Fiona.

Fiona sighs, her flames flickering and sending the great demon lord flying across the room. "You are the one who will die, ownership was not asked, nor is it given. You have assaulted a god. I lived and so shall you. But, you will live as my slave. A eternal servant to the people of fire." flaming chains wrap around Grizz'at's arms and bind him. Taking the leach Fiona returns to her Volcanoes, reaching out she creates a Castle, sanctuary to herself. Fiona looks down to her people "They do not need him...but I somehow do. I will give them a gift of knowledge, so they may to do as I have done."

[ 1 = 4 - 1 Mold Land: Volcanic Castle - 2 Guide Populous: Demonic Binding ]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity, the Council Building Undergrounds

"Is it dead?"

A handful of janitors and guards had found Atrocity mucking around in the basement levels. A roving paladin named Hison Valados had struck down the beast with the pommel of his blade as the creature rounded a corner. "I think so. Never have I - I..."

The pommel of his blade flared in his hand and heat suddenly surged through it. Hison could not let go of it fast enough before the energy seared his hand to the weapon and it arced up into his body; where the solar flares touched, deep gashes, runic carvings, burrowed their way across his flesh. His eyes snapped shut as his mouth opened in silent agony.

The corpse of Atrocity reverted to its mortal origins - a fatally battered councilman - and the paladin could feel that abomination at the edge of his mind. And in an instant, two was one and Atrocity walked once more. It all happened before the others could decide to run or assist the paladin, and they were felled under the rekindled beast's blade. It too had taken on a twisted form.

"Up." He smashed his way through the ceiling above and began to roam in search of the main chamber.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

*Icedrift*

"A...metaphor. You know the game the mortals play with the pebbles and a number of pits on a wooden board? Or the one Xiua'Hi is fond of...a big grid with a number of tokens. These games are boring and predictable. There's a finite playing surface, a finite number of possible moves, and only a few of those moves that are any good at all - they're very limiting games, and becoming good at this games lends you no skills that may be applied elsewhere. Figurines may be carved to resemble soldiers...but, mastering these games will not make you a general."

"And you know the games mortals play with dice. They wager money on something that is wholly unpredictable, so it is impossible to have skill with these games. They gain and lose coin by Chaos alone."

"Now, what I have devised is a game that employs both skill and chance. You can never predict how the cards will be dealt, but...by employing perception and guile...victory. Do you understand?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to just skip past Khakom meeting his sisters, or presume they've already dealt with introductions. They are, as might be predicted, anywhere between standoffish and totally accepting...after all, there's 17 of them. You can count on at least three of them being ready and able to work with Khakom.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua’hi sat at his game board, the pieces continuing to move. A grand scrying spell it was. The islands he had made had grown very active, war and death resulting from them. A dark smudge had grown on the board next to the islands, where once an island sat. Xiua’hi just shook his head.

He could hardly destroy the unlife that existed there, but he could not allow that land he had created to fall forever because of mortal tantrums. He then pulled his blood from the gash on his chest, allowing it to drip on the board. And in the Evad island chain, the water roiled and bucked, the silt from the bottom raising up to embrace the land, thickening to the constancy of a loamy pudding, leaving a dark bubble for the undead that lurked below.(Create Land-The Flow-2). And he viewed the resulting chaos and terror as it spread, to touch the tip of the land that bore his name, and he smiled further, now those islands would never sink again. But despite his laughter, he felt pity on the mortals. Though they called out against him, he could not allow them to be stranded. And he reached deep into the “ocean” and created a tome, placing it in one of the libraries of the Va’Tari where he knew it would be found. And in these books were the designs to create ships that would skate across the Flow.(Teach Populous-Earth Skims-1)

But the Flow was not yet done. He took his divine energies, instilling the power of life deep within the sediment that made up the new “land”. Grain’s and plants began to grow in spots, and as the knowledge spread in a matter of mortal weeks, he saw the Zarier and Half Elves began to harvest the bounty.(Nourish Land-1). But this power was not without a price, the earth itself was suffused with the power of the earth, a creeping energy that could warp creatures that lived near and in the “water” to be monstrous, or gift those who learned to harness it.(Nourish Land-The Faerzress-1)
    (9-2-1-1-1=3)

And then he noticed the land of Xiua, so large, yet so empty save for the deserts and the Swaying Grass he had made. Life was needed, but so many unique creatures walked the earth. But his vision turned back to the first life to walk the earth. The Elves. His son might take issue with the thoughts that ran through his mind, the world might view it as a strange and bizarre move, but he took a handful of the elves from their home, bringing them to his plane. There he set about slowly changing them. Their skin would be pale, almost like a peach, where their siblings were the color of obsidian. Their hair would range from the colors the sun, the fresh dirt and grain, and the fresh snow. They would be taller, leaner individuals, standing almost to the height of the god himself.

And then, with all the external work done. Xiua’hi delved deep in their minds. He worked long, months passed as his new land was created and finished, the elves he had taken were slowly reworked. Nature was not in the minds of these souls. Magic and its powers would fascinate them, and they would excel where all the other races only worked to perfect. But as he finished he noted a small flaw in the gem he had made.

“Still not perfect…”

While working deep in their minds, he had created a fracture, to deep and to late to fix as the essences he used in their rebirth slowly cooled. They would be of two minds of sorts. A persona dwelling deep in the universe of their minds.(Create Subrace-The Ahnentafal Al’v)

And then he cast them back into the lands of Xiua, deep in the forests, he placed them. And with few words he aided them in building their first city, the city of Anak’Ritmaki. It rose from the tree’s, made from them, but not of them(For those that find that vauge, they cut them down). Their buildings shined with red lacquer and bleached canvass’s that covered the open area’s from the sun.(Guide Populous, Create First city of the Ahnentafal Al’v-2)
    (3-1-2=0)

Map of the changes and new "landmass"
    Spoiler
    Show

(The Flow is the Brown box, there is a pocket large enough for the lands of Eul to comfortably fit in)
    (The Red is the basic land held by the Ahnentafal Al’v, the city of Anak’Ritmaki sits at the center)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-09 at 08:21 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

12. - Top - End - #72

*Icedrift*
    Khakom was momentarily distracted from Lossethir's extrapolation by an oddly non-platonic wink from one of the Valkyries. More frightened than intrigued, The Raging God turned back to his Father and nodded. The idea of these games interested him, but he was unsure of how well he would do.

"Guile..and Chance..There are rules to this game, yes? One could not simply do what one wished to win?" He asked, curious both practically and academically. "I have time before I must continue on my way, Father. I would like it if you taught me to play this game. What is it called?"

--
    *Crikkeshh, Void*

The Herald of Khakom approached now the Grin, although he did not know it. He would fly slowly through this land, and his Lord's change in temperment seemed to calm him. Crikkeshh flew low to the ground, and asked the first sentient creature he saw within the Grin.

"Do your people sail the seas?"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

*Icedrift*

In short order, Lossethir explains the rules to a game he calls "Citadel" (played as Texas Hold'em) and then another with two variants called 5 and 7 Card "Blind" (Stud). Then, as quick as the betting rounds, turn of play, hand ranks and protocol are laid out, he begins on the concept of bluffing and slow playing are enumerated on.

"You'd better play a few rounds...it's easier to understand once you've had some experience". He draws up two more pedestals of ice and the 6 players gather around the table for an educational experience.

(The card ranks Ace through Ten are as normal. The face cards (king to jack (known as Lords, Knights (Dames, except for Osric) and Retainers) are as follows...Winter: Lossethir, a Valkyrie, High Dwarven Lord...Summer: Gliss, Caina, a Sky Knight...Spring: Evadize, Calypso, Elder Treant...Autumn: Kaern, Osric, an Angel)

14. - Top - End - #74

*IceDrift*

After a few rounds, Khakom realized that he wasn't very good, as his lonely single gold piece sat in front of him. It wasn't that his hands had been particularly bad, more along the lines that he was a terrible bluffer. If he had a good hand, he bet high and quick, causing his sisters and father to fold almost immediately. If he had a mediocre hand, his family easily got him to call their bets before crushing him. On a bad hand, he would react with great smugness, and his opponents would similarly destroy him.

"Dammit! I am no good at subtle games!" he cried, throwing his only gold piece at one of the Valkyries.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

**Gliss and Yam, under the sea next to the terrasque**

"Me? I go by Gliss. I just thought I'd come to give you a little heads up about airships. They look an awful lot like normal ships, but they sail high in the sky. On occasion, after a paticularly bad storm, they sometimes crash. I just wanted to let you know that any that crash in the ocean and sink to the bottom fall under your domain, while any that hit the land are mine. Those in the ocean well and gone, but those on the land can be easily salvaged. Just a heads up."

Gliss looked up at the top of the sea.

"Hmm...it looks like I've got some things to take care of. Or not. Really, this place is just kind of creepy. Perhaps we'll meet again, Yam."

And, with a shudder, Gliss left the deep and returned to the Grin, where he spent a time helping Tryll arrange the applicant adventurers in balanced and well prepared parties.

**Ris'shar and Khakom's Herald, the Grin**

The dwarbit began, "Well, some of the capsin do, but I'm not thinkin' we be needin' to many up here. We don't sail the seas, but we take a certain pride in traversing the aether as a regular thing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, dwarbits, half-dwarf, half-halfing. Also on the Grin are: Castaurs and Casgars, half-capsin, half-minotaur/aegars with the bottom half of the bestial parent on the furred upper half and head of a capsin but with the bestial parent's horns. I'm thinking of collapsing them into a single race with a few options. At least on the Grin, interbreeding is limited to within a few groups:
    Immortals: Elves and flameborn and similar races
    Humanoids: Variant humans like dwarves, halflings, and orcs
    Beasts: Capsin, Minotaurs, Aegar, and any other mammalian beast races
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-10 at 03:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Palace of Justified Hate (City) and Cornu Copiae.

The terrible visage of huge, skeletal dragons with furnaces of dark blue flames between their ribs and inside their skulls, flying above the cities sends the populace of both into panic, an emotion that is enjoyed by the monstrosities of Eul, roaring in the sky above and unleashing their terrible, destructive breaths upon those who dare shoot the monsters with spells or arrows.

Dreadful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Somewhere in Cornu Copiae

Vincent gives out a whistle at the sight.

"My, my... it would seem that we are under attack my Lady..."

"It would seem that way Vincent"

"... very well my Lady, would you have me rally up the priests and have them push these undead abominations back?"

There is a pause as Amalthea ponders her response

"....no.... have all forces pull back... you, shall take care of them personaly..."

"Oh? I would have assumed that this would have been an excellent opportunity to show your army's true strength."

"This attack, is... but a test... if you will, to test our resolve."

"Then everything is going in accordance to your plans my Lady. You should be quite happy."

"Part of me is, the other isn't. He is not only testing us Vincent, he is also testing Dalam, I can feel the anguish coming from the Half-Elves too."

"So then my Lady... what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to send a message to the ones who sent them, one that he will receive loud and clear..."

"You mean we finally..."

"Yes Vincent, we shall send Eul a declaration of war, and what a superb declaration it shall be!"

Vincent starts to laugh

"So that means I get to be a crusader? Yes that is exactly it!"

"The Destroyer, the outsider gods, Xiua'Hi and Dalam can all ways, this time our enemy is... Eul! Vincent! I want you to send our dear Eul a message, in a way that only you can! Let him know that I shall oppose him."

Vincent leers as he says

"Very well, I hear and obey!"

And with that he teleports himself in front of the undead dragon leering as he stares in its hollow eye sockets.

Vincent only mutters one word

"...Eul..."

With that the dragon unleashes its breath towards Vincent. As he sees the breath coming towards him, Vincent starts to run on the air straight into the line of fire. From within the blast wave a voice is heard

"...Eul..."

as Vincent emerges from the blast wave, severely burnt but now running at full speed towards the skeletal dragon, his arms spread outwards with his palms open. All of a sudden, two wounds open up in his palms, as an object starts to make its way out of his palms. The objects are long, smoothed and polished as they reflect the moon's light. With that, Vincent grabs the silver spikes firmly in his hands as he says once again

"...Eul..."

The skeletal dragon sensing the strange man's holy aura tries to turn around, but it is too late, Vincent was upon it. With great force, Vincent proceeds to smash it's skull with the silver spikes as his voice starts to become louder

"...Eul!"

as he proceeds to completely break the skeletal dragon apart. Having finished with one he spots the next one, and with another leer towards he lets out a shout

"...EUL!"

All of a sudden he is inf ront of the skeletal dragon's face. He places his holy symbol on its forehead, and unleashes its purifying powers as the undeath is expelled from the bones. He eyes the next dragon, with zeal in his eyes

"...EUL!"

Seeing the last dragon he rushes up to it, and dislocating its jaw proceeds to beat the undead dragon with its jaw, before using his purifying powers to finish it off. By now the whole island can hear his rant.

"EUL!!!!! VERY WELL THEN! WE SHALL GIVE YOU A GOOD TASTE OF OUR DIVINE PUNISHMENT!"

his maniacal laughter can be heard for kilometers away, as Vincent, now on the ground walks through the fire and debris holding a massive dragon skull over his back.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:26 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

18. - Top - End - #78

Dalam Tashal: Palace of Justified Hate

The sentries had spotted the dragon, but having learned their lesson with the typhoon creature they had captures several months before, which had destroyed three labs and had to be eventually butchered until it was little more then a torso, they stayed silent, relaying the information to the head generals. The response came back, Hold fire and assess the situation.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

*Icedrift*

Lossethir thumbs through his stacks of gold pieces and eyeballs his son from across the table.

"You may not have much talent for this sort of thing...but I believe the lesson has begun to sink in. You may not understand now, but a there's a great lesson to be learned from this game."

He sends one gold coin to dance over his knuckles, then vanish in a feat of legerdemain.

"You should seek out Gliss next. You'll need his wisdom to glean anything from Xiua'Hi. And, give this to The Wanderer for me."

He produces a ebony box inlaid with silver elven script. Inside, a deck of cards, tokens for betting position and a small book containing the rules for Citadel and Blind.

Then, as if he's just heard someone call his name, he tilts his head to look behind. He sighs heavily and goes quickly to his scrying pool to watch the battles involving Eul's minions.

"What an annoying dominion. Why am I presiding over mortal battles again? I don't even like war..."

Helen and Phoebe give each other a hopeful look and a faint smile.

Without turning his head to look at his daughters, "...don't count on it. I've given up quite enough."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

It was time to bring some change to the Playground. The Beholders had gathered around where they were needed, the time was right and all was ready. It took the idea of a race of change, short lived and fast to grow. Though not mystical or magical, it would be a strong race. They would learn fast, and capable of doing anything they desired.

Purgameth cast the idea out into the world and gave it form. Humans, that was their name. It came so easy, and seemed so natural that it was what they must be called. The humans filled the moutains of Xiua, and made it their home. And the Beholders that had travled so far to get there stayed and watched over with there many eyes, never letting anything out of their sight.

The ones that dwelled on the moutains however did not all worship The Mad God. Some did bend their knees for It, but others did not. They all knew of it, of the madness that made them yet did not feel compelled to follow beyound there own desire to. And thus, It was pleased. Free-Spirited, unwilling to follow the will of something else without asking "Why?".

But, The Mad God knew that things could not go this well forever. And so it taught them a secret technique of great power. Anyone that dared attack them, would aid them in death. Not as undead, but by becoming a part of them, if they so chosed.

[code]0 = 5 - 5 (Create populace: Humans) (Create concept: Grafting)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Shmee. There was only one dragon.

Also, Incarnum Dragons have a force based breath weapon. It doesn't burn.

---------

No attacks from the half-elves. Good. The dragon just flyes in circles many yards above, swooping low every now and then to affect something with it's frightful presence.

Friiiiightful.

Eventually, the huge old one ends it's task, and flyes off, back to the Deadreef. No words spoken.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #82

*Khakom, Icedrift*

Taking the box gingerly, Khakom placed it in a pouch on his belt. He did not remember if he had had a pouch on his belt prior to needing one, but didn't dwell on it, instead standing and nodding.

"If you ever need my help, Father, simply send for it. I'm sure you can find me. I'm off to find a suitable meeting place for myself and Gliss. Goodbye for now." he said before walking off of Icedrift into the Void.

*Crikkeshh, The Grin*

The Herald was satisfied with this, as he knew his Lord was only patron to the seafarers, and turned to leave. As he began to fly off, however, he seemed to be blown away and dissipated by winds as he felt the familiar tug of his Master's call.

*The Void, Khakom*

His Herald appeared before him, and Khakom grinned.

"Crikkeshh. Find Gliss for me. Give him a message."

As soon as Khakom had finished his message the Storm elemental nodded and began to fade away.

*The Grin*

Crikkeshh appeared at a different point in the Grin, and quickly whipped himself into a fierce storm. He was proud of his chaotic abilities, and Khakom had not stated he had to get Gliss's attention politely.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yam, Still Waiting on the Fishmen

"Hey, wait a second! I have something to-" But it was to late, and Gliss was gone. "Zaddon, follow him. You know what I want from him".
    "Yes, Mater", Zaddon said, opened a portal to the Grin, and stepped inside.
    Now for how much longer am I going to have to wait for these Fishmen? Yam thought to himself, a bit annoyed.

Zaddon and Gliss, The Grin

"Mighty Gliss, you have left so suddenly. My Master still wishes to speak to you, but as you find the deep unpleasant, we may speak here".
    "My Master thanks you for the information about your Airships, and is glad you agree that those who would fall in his domain are rightfully his.
    In exchange, my Master wishes me to tell you this: A battle is coming, one that involves many gods. My Master, as he told you, is preparing to attack Dalam and her people, seeking to avenge the Orc lives her Half-Elves had taken.

My Master wishes to know if you intend on participating in this battle, and if it is possible to have your aid against the evil Dalam
    ".

Sensing another presence in the Grin, Zaddon bows his heads. "We see others also seek the mighty Gliss. If you choose to go to this other being, we shall follow".
    Last edited by Goglas; 2008-09-11 at 02:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Klik'chak, Amensi

Klik'chak surveyed his realms both living and dead. He saw that there were those among the living who wished to stay and those among the dead wishing to return. Though he had done his best to create the ideal eternity, there were many who strangely feared death and the afterlife, still others felt that the lands of the living were preferable to eternity. He resolved therefore to create methods for those who chose to seek life to do so more readily.

He surveyed the planes, and he was appalled at what he saw. Demons were dragging away souls to torture them into becoming demons themselves. Devils were imprisoning souls to drain their essence to fuel their search for power. Worst of all, Eul continued to consume or abuse the souls of the dead. Here was yet another god trying to make a claim on souls, though he was having a bit of trouble at with with so many other groups already battling over souls.

Just who are they to impose his will on the souls of the dead?! This was Klik'chak's domain, and this would not be tolerated! Those who sought to bypass the laws that had been put into place for their own gain would find their plans thwarted. Klik'chak would see to that.

Klik'chak sent out a bit of divine energy into the world which quickly fused itself with all the humanoids of Playground. With this tiniest mote of divine influence, the souls of the dead now found that they could resist the pull of the Veil of Souls and remain in the world after death, manifesting as ghosts. They were not the negative energy spirit ghosts of Eul and certainly not undead. They were truly dead, but they could manifest physically in the material world, remaining if they so chose, at least for a time. The pull of the Veil could be resisted, but not indefinitely.

Klik'chak crafted knowledge and abilities that were then imbued into each soul capable of manifesting as a ghost, enabling them to continue progressing in their spirit for and enabled a transition of skills through life epiphany should the soul be returned to life.

Bound with a bit of Klik'chak's essence, ghosts became native to Amensi. As a result, any ghost who's unlife was ended in any way on any plane found itself instantly within Amensi without need to travel through the Veil. As well, any who attempted to force a ghost into the Abyss, Hell, or into the Dark Home of Eul found that the ghosts had an innate ability much like a dimensional anchor that prevented them from being forced into these planes. In this way, there would be many souls who would escape the baneful plans of the foul demons, devils, and dark gods. Though some would inevitably fall into their grasp, it would be far fewer than would have otherwise.

With that settled, Klik'chak turned back to the souls already in Amensi unhappy with their lot in afterlife. He created an organization to review the actions of the souls in both life and death as well as the metaphysical cohesion of the spirits to determine if they were candidates for reincarnation. Those that could survive the transition and had not acted in a manner too close to one which sought to undo the laws of Playground were granted a chance to return to life. These souls were given the power to decide certain aspects of their next life, such as species, gender, height, build, and sometimes even the place of birth and other such things.

Though their memories were temporarily wiped at resurrection, and now at rebirth, all memories of all lives would return upon their arrival once more in Amensi. Despite the removal of the memory, some skills and knowledge inherent in the soul would tend to surface over time, lending these Reborn abilities that they otherwise could not have gained. Despite their freedom to enter a new life, certain restrictions were placed on the Reborn to ensure that their souls would find their way back to Amensi unharmed by the dangers to the usually immortal soul that plagues Playground.

Spoiler
    Show
    (AP 1 = 6 - 3(Create Concept: Ghosts(Eidolon and Eidoloncer)) - 2(Create Populous(Basically like a Racial Class): The Reborn))

Reborn is similar to a racial class with close ties to the character's former lives and a few ghostlike qualities.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-09-11 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss looked up from his work. He had been in the middle of assigning a new but fairly adept minotaur expert to a group that had a certain young capsin sorceress that Gliss knew the minotaur was absolutely nuts for. Ah, young love. But now was time for business. It looked like a storm was brewing outside, and Yam's assistant Zaddon had something to say.

Gliss listened and waited for Zaddon to finish. He ended with a bow and sat expectant. Gliss looked back down at the table, grabbed a fresh piece of parchment, composed a note, and used his divine powers to seal the note so that only Yam himself could open it. The note left the table and materialized beneath the oceans in the hand of Nessius' heir. ((Seriously, NO PEEKING if you aren't Yam.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Yam-

Recruit your sister Amalthea to the fight and find the support of another army, and the Grin will join you in crushing the tyrant Dalam.

"Now, about that storm...I think it wants to talk to me. If you don't mind, I think we'll take a little walk now." And Gliss and Zaddon walked out of the Guildhall and into the maelstrom outside.

"YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION!" Gliss screamed over the din.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-11 at 07:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

*Grin*

Crikkeshh heard the god's shout, and quickly whirled around and down, his huge face coming within feet of Gliss before stopping. The Herald noticed the Serpent beast, but said nothing to him. In his distant Auran voice, Crikkeshh spoke.

"I am the Herald of Khakom, the Raging Storm! The Storm god brings a message to you: Gliss, god born of joy! I would speak with you. I have questions and seek answers. I also have a gift from a mutual acquantince of ours. After hearing your reply, my Herald will return to me in the Void. Please follow him. So is the word from my Lord."
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, Zaddon, if you're coming with me, let's not keep the storm god waiting. Off we go then!" Gliss and Zaddon found themselves at Khakom's side in the Void.

**Gliss, Zaddon, and Khakom**

"You mentioned questions, Khakom?"

28. - Top - End - #88

*Void*

The god and two creatures appeared before Khakom, and he smiled. After dismissing Crikkeshh to his own devices, the Storm God retrieved Lossethir's gift for Gliss.

"First things first, Gliss. I apologize for my Herald. Crikkeshh has become increasingly..." a short barking laugh came from Khakom's mouth. "Chaotic, as it were. But now, that is not why I asked for you. Here: A gift from my father. A new game. One of skill and chance. I believe he calls it 'Citadel', although there are variations." He held the ornate box his father had passed to him out to Gliss and continued. "I'm no good at it, but it's quite easy to learn and He and I both agree that you'll enjoy it immensely. As for questions, at my father's suggestion, I have sought you out, to see what words of wisdom or advice you might grant me."
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-11 at 07:12 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

The Herald Hound: Palace of Justified Hate

The Hound had waited long, weeks on end for the woman that resided here. Had it killed its master? Why did it reek of him? And then, suddenly, the door swung wide, and the hound pounced

Dalam Tashal: Palace of Justified Hate

Dalam strode into her halls, the weeks had been long preparing her city for defense, instituiting new methods of harvesting and keeping the magic energies from mutating and poisoning her people. But as she opened the door to her grand rooms, she was struck, falling to the ground, the beast of chains and blood snapping and biting at her with rage, howling. Guards rushed the scene, but were soon struck down, slain by the deific combat.

But as the battle raged on, the creature began to rust, to long gone had it been from its master, and the constant barrage of corruptive energy taking its toll. And as Dalam stood, the Herald Hound let out one last baying call, its form falling limp and the chains slowly unraviling themselves from the mass.

Dalam wiped the blood from her face, pointing to the fresh soldiers that had appeared hours before

“Clean this mess up, and bring those chains to the pits. And someone pour me a bath.”

(Absorbe 2 AP from Chochin, Slays the Herald Hound, abosrbe 4 AP=8 AP final)

Xiua’Hi: Rice Fields etc etc etc

Long had the Earth Lord played his grand game, watching the pieces move on the board. Had the other gods taken note, strings of power trade themselves from certain pieces, to the Earth Lord himself. Worship was never one of his desires, but the mortal world was loathe to stop, asking for his power in times of need, praising him in times of bounty. And despite his feelings, he knew that their prayers were from love, and he excepted them with the same.

And the prayer filled his body, the wound on his chest healing slightly, the divine blood still yet leaking to pool at the top of the mount.

(DR up+3(now 14)[7+2 from pantheon=9-3-3-3-=0 6 levels in Swordsage)
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oooooh! This game looks terribly excellent. Pure chance paired with pure skill...yes, yes, I like it." Gliss took the box and sent it to Tryll along with a note: Make copies of these. I want decks distributed to all of the adventurers.

"So, Lossethir wants me to give you some words of wisdom, eh? Well, you're a god of nature, like your father and I. Your nature is intrinsically linked to the natural world, of course, and giving in to its power can be tempting. Ask your father about it, it'll always be true. I'm sure he wishes nothing more than to cover the world in eternal winter, just as I would be overjoyed if the land was perpetually warm and sunny. But it cannot always be so. Remember: there is a time and place for wildness, but we must keep ourselves in check just like the seasons themselves. Summer seizes the world for a time, but must eventually relinquish control to winter. Storms can rage for days, but even they must eventually part and allow the sun to shine."

Gliss took hold of the fabric of the Void, fashioning for Khakom an amulet. A small sphere of gold was enchanted to move eternally within a circle of silver. Gliss put it on a chain and handed it to the god of storms.

"Here. Take this talisman and don't forget that we are beings of controlled chaos, wild within our own domains, aware of the limitations we must place upon ourselves."

Gliss left Khakom and stopped by the Labyrinth. After picking up Caina, the pair left to Xam's side. After a divine month of consideration, the two were ready. In blood they finalized their names upon his stone tablet.

Gliss spoke, "Unfortunately, I have business elsewhere. I'll leave my daughter here, though. I'm sure she can handle anything that comes up."

He reappeared adjacent to Xiua's magnificent board. "Earth Lord, I think the time has come to distribute these books."
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP= +/-1 AP from Caina to join pantheon + 3 AP
    0 AP= 2 AP - 1 to join pantheon - 1 sent to Gliss
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-11 at 08:06 PM.