"Give them to who you wish Wanderer. And I shall do the rest"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Dirije, Shadow of the Playground

Dirije's divine powers swelled as he become more attuned to the Shadow of the Playground.
    He opened a portal to the Abyss, and sent some of these energy to the Destroyer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (AP8=9-1 Transfer to the Destroyer. Debt paid.

As if the Shadow of the Playground gave him inspiration, Dirije finally thought of a proper punishment for the souls of Longlimb's former faithfuls. With a silent call Dirije gathered all of those condemned souls in front him.
    "In your worthless lives you chose to serve the Many-Handed-Freak. But he has disappeared after I beat him down, and your soul has come to me. I could choose to let the souls of my faithful torture you for the rest of the eternity...but I find that to be somewhat of a waste. So I will cut you a deal. I will give you a chance to serve me, in the mortal realm. In return you will renounce the Freak and serve me until Oblivion. Does that sound good?"
    All of the gathered souls have endured torture from the hands of Dirije's faithful. Most of them jumped at this chance for freedom. Dirije sent the rest back to be the playthings of his faithfuls, where their tortures became more painful and perverse.
    Dirije gathered the remaining souls and molded them with the energies of the Shadows.
    (AP6=8-2(Create Monster:Vampires, Vampire Spawn))

After he was done, Dirije took a close look at his new creations. His mastery over the Shadow still wasn't complete, so these...things were prototypes at best. Although they have more speed and strength than any mortal can hope to gain, exposure to the sun will be fatal to them. Since they were created out of dead souls...they will need the blood of the living for nourishment.

Dirije could warn them, but it would be much more fun to watch them figure it out by themselves.
    "Go my warriors. Let the mortals fear the Night."

As the vampires left Dirije frowned beneath his mask. The vampires were powerful, but they weren't what he had in mind as his chosen people.
    For that Dirije needed a better creature to transform. Luckily, a god's resources is nearly unlimited. He mentally commanded some shadow dragons to look for what he had in mind and waited for the results.

Dirije's Representatives, the Outskirts of Akkade
    The five shadow dragons arrived at Akkade in the dead of the night. They waited outside the city for Asherah or one of her people to lead them into the palace.
    They were tempted to simply barge in unannounced, but Dirije has warned them to be civil and polite unless the situation called for violence.
    And of course, they knew that defying the Unseen Lord will only result in death.
    Last edited by shadowxknight; 2008-09-11 at 09:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Gliss removed the books from their extrademinsional pocket.

He visited first the three forged. To them he gave the Book of Utterances, the first sounds to change the beings around them.

Then Gliss took the Book of Recitations and gave it to the inhabitants of the Spire in the frozen northlands, where he knew they would use its mighty words to harden themselves against Lossethir's harsher passions.

The final book, the Book of Incantations, was given to the Hachi to store safely in their library, deep underground. They were the keepers of the knowledge in how the gods most commonly worked, the knowledge of how to change the world itself.

[Gliss- 2 AP= 3 AP - 1 AP towards Create Concept: Truenaming, Create Classes: Truenamer and maybe a prestige class?, with variant truenaming setup]
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-16 at 09:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'hi unfurls the scroll given to him by Varr

"Amusing....that which wished to destroy....SHALL GIVE NEW POWER!"

The scroll pulsed, and for an istant, the plane stood still. A power lanced
    from the words of the scrolls, stricking the book

(Use AP-pay rest for true naming)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-11 at 08:50 PM.
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #95

*Void*

After Gliss left, Khakom fingered the ever-swirling amulet and thought on what he had been taught. Controlled Chaos. Turning to the Serpent-beast , the Raging One spoke again.

"You. You are a beast of the seas. You are Yam's creature, are you not? Stay a while longer, and I will give you a message for your master."

Khakom closed his eyes and reached deep within himself, calling upon the boundless chaos that pervaded his being, and enhanced it, filled it with his rage, gave it an ethereal, metaphysical form. Speed, Power, Endurance and Wild Abandon were the hallmarks of the barbaric. This was the lesson from Gliss given form. Pure, Unyielding Chaos and Rage contained and controlled, to be used in it's proper place. His left hand began to crackle with lightning, and miniature arcs of electricity quickly zapped around it. Still keeping his eyes closed, The Storm God stepped forward and placed his left hand on one of Zaddon's many heads.

"Within my left hand, the Barbarian lives. Take speed, strength and the power of the storm." The lightning flowed quickly into the serpent head, which convulsed angrily for a moment before becoming calm, the lightning arcing to form a crown on it's brow.

Khakom found within hiimself the wisdom Klik'chak spoke of. The wisdom mortals possessed when pledging their lifes to the betterment of others, when dedicating themselve to a cause, something greater than themselves. The kind of devotion that Khakom Favored. His right hand was surrounded by a fog and cloudy smoke. Khakom lifted this hand and touched the brow of another head with a single finger. The smoke coiled around the beast and finally stretched itself into another crown, this one a wreath of smoke.

"Within my right hand, the Favored lives. Take divine gift, blessing, and the focus of lightning."

Opening his eyes, The God of Storms spoke once more

"Take both the Barbarian and the Favored to your master. The power is within you, and he must only lay a hand upon you to be blessed with the knowledge and teachings to pass to his creatures. Go now, Beast of Yam."

(AP 0= 3-3 (Create Concept: Barbarians and The Favored (Favored Souls)))
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-11 at 11:16 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

More power. Excellent. There is never enough power. Not for it. Not for those who desire it.

First, it was to deal with The Dragons. Longlimb had brought in something that mocked the greatness of Chromatic Dragons. They had color, but it was a dilute color. Something needed to be done, and done it was. And so it created a disease which would wipe out only Longlimb's Dragons. An insidious killer. Difficult to detect by normal means, lurking inside the body for a long time before it stops the heart. They would be allowed the beauty and greatness of it's own dragons, for a moment. The moment. And that being to die in a such an arbitrary fashion.

It's own Dragon's found that their prey seemed to give them unusual amounts of energy. Almost as if a special supply was given especially to them by the gods. Which it was. Or at least one god. The only one that mattered to them.

It's message was spreading, the concentric circles were becoming a common sight across the lands. More and more villages dedicated to it began to appear. And so more people came to know of The Destroyer, and that it gives things to people who ask for it. Many were given power. And while they served their own interests, the Destroyer was the one who's interests were best served. Through them, it's light own light shined.

Wherever The Destroyer's interests lay, it seemed that violence and death would find there way to it. And it was a strange thing that happened. So much blood had been spilled already, and it seemed to be calling for more. Perhaps it is not so surprising then that blood began falling through the sky in the Evad Islands. Blood. The place was screaming for blood, and it will have it!

It's influence was spreading. It grew.

Spoiler
    Show

1 AP pestilence against introduced dragons
    1 AP on nourish native dragons
    counting those as two dragon actions
    1 AP nourish to greedy mortals
    1 AP ... nourish land? mold sky? pestilence? Let's say nourish land for the blood rain.
    counting those two as corruption actions
    Increase DR->11 3
    Evolve 3

5 roll over, 1 from Dirjie, 5 refreshed leaves me with 1. Which I will spend later ^_^
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-11 at 09:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Abyss, Amalthea

How long has it been since she was trapped in here? Days, months, years, decades... centuries? How long has it been since that fateful day when she accepted the Destroyer's offer to take on the suffering of many in order to heal the world? Yet nothing had changed.

Despite her best efforts, the world was still in desperate need of healing, that has not changed. Foolish mortals and deities still flaunt their undeserving powers causing pain and misery in every step they take, that has not changed either. Evil is on the rise and the forces of good still lie asleep, that also has not changed. Corruption is seeping onto the material plane until it will soon threaten to engulf all life. That too is something that has not changed. Nothing had changed since the day she entered the Iron Maiden.

No...

That is not true. That is a lie, Amalthea tells herself. Something has changed... she herself has changed. This pain, that she has grown accustomed to, is not something that she just absorbs because it is fun. No, everything serves a purpose. The pain she absorbs makes her stronger! The very pain she means to extinguish from existence is the very thing that makes her strong, that keeps her alive! As more pain and suffering is caused in the world, so does her strength increase. How she wishes she was in a world were she was not needed! Alas, with evil on the rise, she knew that the amount of pain she has absorbed is so great that she is now more powerful, more powerful than she has ever been. How fitting that it is thanks to those that she opposes, that she gains the strength to eventually vanquish them!

A voice is heard in the Abyss, it is a quiet yet clear whisper heard by all

"...that is right... you who thrive in pain... by your own actions you condemn yourself... for now... your folly is WHAT FEEDS MY STRENGTH!"

As the last words are yelled out, there is a massive explosion from within the Iron Maiden, the blast wave healing everything caught in it and the sinister contraption once again taking a massive beating to its structure, with new cracks and small openings appearing here and there.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP2= 5-3, Raise Divine Rank to 7, Gain 2 levels as a Cleric
    Actions: Create Avatar,
    Create Organization: Theocracy,
    Teach Populace: Medicine,
    Create Race: Unicorns.
    Also I owe an AP for joining the pantheon, so I have an AP left from last week, which means AP1= 2-1, join pantheon)

Another whisper is heard

"That is right... struggle in vain... the outcome... is inevitable..."

as the senseless violence continues to rage as if nothing had happened in the Abyss.

Palace of Justifiable Hate

A message from the Theocratic Congress is delivered to Dalam, and it reads
    (Its not a secret so you guys can read it)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal, Drama Queen of the Va'Tari, from the desk of the Home Office of the Holy Theocratic Congress.

After 16 emergency sessions and 15 failed attempts at reaching a decision, it gives me great pleasure to announce that the Holy Theocratic Congress has finally reached a decision about your case.

Enclosed in this letter please find a repair bill for a broken door within the Chamber of Congress. For your convenience you can pay in a lump sum or pay in weekly installments. Payments must be made with Form #279 and handed at the Theocratic Tax offices within a month of receiving this notice or risk having an additional fine imposed.

May the sacred goddess bless you!

Deputy Vice-Secretary to the Minister of Home Office,

Hans Brickface.

PS It does however fill me to regret that the Theocratic Congress has yet to reach a decision on the issue of a peace agreement. However let the Home Office assure you that the issue is still being debated within Congress, and is expected to be resolved very soon.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-11 at 10:30 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #98

Dalam Tashal: After a nice warm bath, cavern laboratories under the Palace

Dalam crumbled the note in her hand, spitting on it and throwing it to the ground

“Pay for a door, ludicrous, next they will say something like “our currency is not compatible, please find another way” fools.”

Hisagi had done well with the infernal army, many having been consumed by their elders, others growing stronger, mutating and evolving into stronger forms. The single pit fiend that was spawned, would remain. After all, it would aid in getting stronger devils and powerful creatures in the future.

The others, all save the pit fiend and a small platoon of lesser devils, had been broken down, turned into a near living vat of blood. And, as it boiled, its energies grew stronger.

It did not take long for Hisagi, and several other of her hand picked followers, to filter in, the Ti Mi Lung….body if it could be called that at this point and several of the orc prisoners, and within the ranks, a single prisoner, an elf, dragged behind. He was one of the oldest of the slaves, one that had grown to accustomed to the Va’Tari Empire, and had refused to leave. And as a show to all who benefited the empire, he had been chosen to undergo what was about to transpire.

The three prisoners were placed within circles forged from the runes of the Dark Speech, the few followers and clerics sat, waiting for the powers to manifest. The surface of the “blood” popped and steamed, over flowing, drawn by the runes, flooding the rings in vicious biological fluid.

The first to show signs of the corruption was the orc, his body growing thicker, larger, his eyes beginning to flame like twin cooking pits, its skin grew darker, red almost black, and boney plates began to form like a natural set of armor.

The second was the dragon, its body twisted and groaned as the blood seeped into its closed wounds. Much like the orc before it, its skin began to harden and grow to a reddish hue, jagged lines of black tracing its way down its form. Large wings popped and hissed off its back, the sound of popping bone and skin sickening even to the hardened Va’Tari. When the transformation was complete, the creature was almost indistinguishable from what it had once been. Sinuous and cruel, the plates of bone grew thick blade sharp spikes, its breath dripped with infernal flames, and its eyes blazed with dark and fell knowledge.

And the third, and final body, which seemed almost to resist the powerful force, fell to his knees, coughing as the very dark essence flowed into him. But something was different. Perhaps it was the age of the elf, or perhaps it was the hate and disgust it held for the entire Va’Tari Empire that shifted the corruption. By this point, none but Dalam was well enough to begin to speculate. The elf’s hands inverted, growing thick sable colored fur, crawling up its arms and down his chest, his appearance growing more bestial and muscled as the change went. And then his face began to shift, his eyes slanting and slowly coloring a deep emerald. Hi snout began to stretch, feline teeth filling his gumless mouth. And then, the transformation was complete.
    (Create Populous-2: Hellfire Wurm, Tanarukk, Rakshasa)

Dalam then turned to the sickened and awe struck mass’s, pointing to Hisagi

“You, take the beast out of my sight, and start the breeding process. I want results. Move out!”

Hisagi scrambled out of the room, several Tieflings and Va’Tari behind him.

(Create Organization-2: The Va’Tari Darkguard-Location- The Sin Pits-Prestige Class: Va’Tari Darkguard)

She then turned to another, a Va’Tari known as High Commander Nod. She had a stunning military career, having slain several enemy commanders when still on the main land or Ramua. Dalam then took a small vial from the lab, placing a small portion of her blood inside, scooping some of the residual corruption inside. The vial seethed, turning a near vivid gold.

“Take this, a single drop for your legion, and they will be imbued with strength.”

High Commander Nod simply bowed, taking the vial and left.

(Create Organization -2: The God Blood Inheritors, Location-Spires of Demand-Prestige Class: God Blood Inheritor)

(8-6=2)
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-13 at 08:47 PM.
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

To Dirjie, Purgameth, Asherah, Yam, Khakom, and Eliminshon
    Spoiler
    Show

I have a proposition for you all. Each of you has shown you understand the subtleties of this world. Let us form an alliance! Dedicated to life. Ours and the mortals. Forces opposed to our ideas are forming. In fact, I would say that the greatest threats are all working with each other. I bow to no one, and I demand no one bow to me. Bow to yourselves as you should! Bring change! Live! Teach others to live! Kill!

To those who love life, will you join me in my attempts to allow life to continue?

Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-11 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

(Shmee that was worth gold)

----------

Eul, The Dark Home

You know. Eul is the great darkness from the beggining of it all. Each shadow is but an eye and ear of Eul, and surely the Abyss holds many shadows.

Everywhere, there are shadows, even within the purest gods. And so, every word from anywhere were light is not absolute, Eul hears, and knows.

And despises.

The great serpent of the blighted lands strolls through the endless, deadly, hungering, expanse of the Dark Home, its mind adrift as it sates itself on the energy of the trapped souls, leaving vile wraiths where once stood the spirits of the deseased.

But then, something else made it focus, Leviathan, lord of the reef, sent bone wyrms to scout the adjacent domains, one of the wyrms never returned, but Eul knew, he felt the energy and the wraith of the wyrm returning to the Dark Home, ready to go back to the mortal world bellow at a moment's notice. But it had a message, a threat from the goddess in the abyss, but Eul knew of the threat. He just needed to wait some time.

Heed me sons and daughters of death. An overconfident youngling has lost it's respect. Another one, but now, now she threatens us with war.

Show them that in a war, there are no winners among those that survive.

Eul's command drove the undead everywhere into a frenzy, training their armies with foul magics thightly woven with physical prowess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eul: 7 - 4 AP, Create prestige classes (no specific organization but the rulership of the many deadlands): Death Knight, Dreadnaught. (Homebrews for both are nearing completion) = 3

And you, Varghan. You will now show them what the dead are capable of doing!

Varghan obeyed, for that is all it existed to do. To serve the deadfather. And out of it's horrid maw walked figures shrouded in the darkness of the cave, fewcandles iluminated the place, and these feeble lights cast shadows on the figures, creatures of angelic shape. Until one walked closer to the light, and it revealed itself the most horrid creation of the dark lord so far. Rot, decadence, decay all seeped from the warped winged humanoid as if it were the source of it all in the world. Angels of Eul, Angels of Decay.

But Varghan was not done yet. It had more to do. Oh, so much more. Out of it crawled man and woman, who oddly seemed alive, but their eyes were glzed, and in their hands they held jars, with brains inside. These poor souls gently placed the jars in the cave floor, before falling over to reveal empty hollowed skulls for those who were to see, but this was but a glimpse before the fallen beings convulsed and their innards burst out, bloated pieces of their bodies crawling away on what remained of hands and feet, dragging useless torsos and what else behind them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Varghan: 2 - 2 AP, Create monster Skullking Cist (also add Mother Cist feat), Brain in a Jar and Angel of Decay.

Its job done, Eul sat and gorged himself even more, the followers of this meek goddess were walking right into their doom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eul's last three AP: Raise DR (12 now)

-----------

And elsewhere, in The Bleak Badlands

The Dread Six... Five. Communed, with Blaspheme voicing himself by ranged means, of course. They had power. But was it enough?

It is never enough, that was their decision. So they hoarded this power to empower themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dread Six: 4 - 3AP (Evolve) = 1 AP
    Last edited by Draken; 2008-09-12 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowxknight View Post
    Dirije's Representatives, the Outskirts of Akkade
    The five shadow dragons arrived at Akkade in the dead of the night. They waited outside the city for Asherah or one of her people to lead them into the palace.
    They were tempted to simply barge in unannounced, but Dirije has warned them to be civil and polite unless the situation called for violence.
    And of course, they knew that defying the Unseen Lord will only result in death.

Asherah, City of Akkade

"If you speak for the entire Six, then let us conclude this."

Producing a contract of some 50 pages, Asherah sets it before Blaspheme.

"This basically says that you and yours swear not to attack me and mine under any circumstances and that I will do the same. As well, included within is an article detailing the circumstances in which mutual aid is required. If either of us is directly assaulted by a stronger diety, each swears assist the other to prevent death. After all, what good is a dead ally?

I can promise you, you will most enjoy the fringe benefits of this allia..."

Asherah jerks her head to the side as if she has heard a sound in the distance.

"Ah, it appears as if Dirije has answered my call."

With a flick of her wrist, the leader of the shadow dragons suddenly finds himself within the chamber, though it seems as if he is now no larger than either of the other two figures in the room. Whether this is because he has actually shrunk or because the toom and those in it are so large remains uncertain.

A cadre of genies approaches the remaining dragons and instructs them on a place to rest and await the end of the meeting.

"Dirije sends you, yes? I assume you speak for him, though it should be possible for him to speak directly, even if not present. State his message, and we'll see what happens from there."

To the Destroyer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You know, I don't think so. I've already begun to seek allies of my own. I suppose you'd be welcome to join in with us, but with the significant difference in power between yourself and the rest of us, I'm not sure we could trust you to not take advantage of that. No, I retract that. I am quite certain we can't trust you to serve in the best interests of the entire alliance.

I must admit though, your proposition is somewhat tempting. Perhaps you should gather those you deem worthy and then join with us."

[hr]
    Emissary of Sand, Lossethir's Iceberg in the Void

Once more pulled away to serve as Herald, the Emissary of Sand bears a message to Lossethir in the Void.

"Greetings, Frost Lord. I am come on behalf of my Lord, Klik'chak. He sends you this in payment of debt as well as a small gift. I hope you find it satisfactory."

The Emissary of Sand offers Lossethir a vial of water which sparkled with an inner light. He eyes the Valkyries wistfully for a brief moment but quickly returns his focus to Lossethir and his mission.

Spoiler
    Show
    Klik'chak
    (AP 0 = 1 - 1(transfer to Lossethir))

Emissary of Sand
    (AP 0 = 2 + 2(rollover) - 3(evolve) - 1(transfer to Lossethir))

Pantheon Pool
    (AP 7 = 10 - 3(transfer to Lossethir))
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-09-12 at 12:07 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Blaspheme takes its time proofreading Asherah's contract. It is not dumb, it and its brothers made the masters of contracts everywhere after all.

And it can't hope but let out a tiny smirk at Asherah's - not so much - veiled comments.

All seens in order... Oh, look, dragons.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't think I'm not watching you. Altering the contract isn't going to happen." Asherah flashes him a deadly, yet alluring grin.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Blaspheme wa sbeing sarcastic on his assesment of how interesting the arrival of the dragons was to him, but whatever.

I would not dare to.

And Draken forgot the bold and itallics there. Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

*Icedrift*

Lossethir thanked the Emissary and bade him carry his 'warmest' regards to Klik'chak. He regretted that he couldn't be more hospitable to his guest; but this gift made possible long overdue plans...

*Void: Overlooking the Playground*

Lossethir went to the very edge of the Void to the barrier of the material realm that prevented his kind from traversing. He stuck out his hand experimentally and wafted it across the invisible barrier; an array of sparks leapt up from his fingers as the plane sought to expel him. He frowns, detesting the ancient magic that kept him from his beloved winterlands - the real winter, the place of his birth, the homeland of the people who venerated him. It had been nearly a thousand years since he ascended to take his place as a full fledged deity...a thousand years since he'd felt the wind or tasted real wine; everything in the Void or Amensi seemed like a cheap imitation to him. Well, if he couldn't touch his winter, he'd just have to bring the winter to him.

His two faithful daughters were in tow. Without prompting, Helen and Phoebe each placed a hand on their father's shoulder and extended their free arm towards the Playground. Lossethir took up the Godlance and the Cloudtool in each hand and plunged them through the barrier. Two dazzling beams of blue and silver light jetted out from each of the artifacts and hurtled towards the Tears of Varr, the icy ring encircling the world. Each beam wound its way around the drifting ice and in less than a minute the fifty thousand mile expanse bristled with Lossethir's frost magic.

All around the ring, pinpoints of light sprung up and ley lines snake out and grapple the planet below...properly, they took hold of the Frost, a primal force that was always within and just beside the world, much in the way Shadows were. Lossethir's magic engulfs the ring and the core of Frost below, consumes it...and then in a blink, it's spirited away to a realm just behind the Playground. The Tears of Varr remained in the sky, and the Frost still permeated the world...but its heart had winked away to another place.

All of Creation trembled ever so slightly. The Winter Lord had finally returned home...and all the power of Frost was at his command.

Frostheart and Celonechor

Like the Shadow of the Playground, Frostheart is a mirror realm parallel and coterminous with the material plane. It is the birthplace of all elementals of air, water or any quasi elemental in between, and all spells with the Cold descriptor draw their power from this place. At the core of the realm (precisely where, and the size the Playground would be) is a maelstrom of water, wind and ice, all churning together in a hellish chaos fit for no corporeal being; only elementals dwell within the actual Frostheart.

The main attraction of the realm is Celonechor, which parallels the Tears of Varr on the Playground. Celonechor is a flattened ring shaped icy river that orbits the Forstheart, approximately 50,000 miles in circumference and 500 miles wide and only five miles "deep". On this river are hundreds of islands with varying climes from evergreen forests, to scrub land taiga, to arctic wastelands. The only commonality that the island are guaranteed to share is that the temperature never goes above freezing and that the next snowfall is never less than three days away - if it every stops snowing in a particular location.

The inhabitants of Celonechor include High Dwarves, Winterborn Capsin, Sylphs and Elves along with all manner of air and water elementals, any number of fauna that live in northern lands and a majestic, highly intelligent brood (and CN aligned) of white dragons, created from the extraplanar eggs given as a gift to Lossethir.

Lossethir and the Valkyries hold court at the stately, (but not needlessly large) Sapphire Palace. Of course, there's little business that even gods need to attend to here, so 'court' consists of drinking, carousing, philandering, gambling, hunting and dueling...all in a refined and dignified manner.

When slain in the realm, all creatures (even elementals) are returned wholly to their original forms at midnight next. However, this is a privilege, not a guarantee. Souls that find disfavor with the winter lord are shunted towards the Playground, to be dealt with by someone else. Souls who wish, may seek reincarnation as an elemental petitioner (including white dragons).

Celonechor encircles Forstheart at a rate of one full orbit every hour. The sun/moon (depending on the time of day) thus rise into view every hour. "Day" likewise lasts only 30 minutes in the realm, as one's position on the ring moves between the planet and the sun. At all times, the stars whirl by at a nearly dizzying pace. At a select number of locations, one may observe the actual Playground below, instead of the Frostheart.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP (Total: 16)

Lossethir: 11 (1 Rollover + 6 new + 5 Klik'chak and Pantheon)
    Valkyries: 5 (3 Rollover + 2 new)

Expenditures (Total 13)

Create Plane: Frostheart (3) (Action counted towards Nobility domain)
    Gain DR x3 (9)
    Create Subrace: High Dwarves (1) (Action counted towards Nobility domain)

Final AP

Lossethir: 0
    Valkyries: 3

Lossethir reaches DR 10 (hit DR 7 last week, front page not updated. My fault, I didn't poke Tsuuga cuz I knew he was ill/busy), gains 6 levels of Fighter (Fighter 8, Sorcerer 10, Arc. Trickster 10, Rogue 8)

Actions (for gaining DR 7 through 10, a total of 17 actions): Join Pantheon, Gain Strength domain, Gain Victory Portfolio, Create Valkyries, Raise Valkyries to divinity, Gain DCM, Gain DCM, Evolve, Create Sylphs, Gain Air Domain, Gain Air Portfolio, Grant AP to Gliss (create Caina), Grant AP to Klik’chak (Gain DR), Grant AP to Khakom (create elementals), Create Plane: Frostheart, Create Subrace: High Dwarves
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-12 at 04:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Another letter is delivered to Dalam on behalf of the holy Theocracy

Spoiler
    Show
    To Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal, Drama Queen of the Va'Tari, from the desk of the Home Office of the Holy Theocratic Congress.

It has come to our attention that you have hereby failed to submit the fine for the following misdemeanors :

Cornu Copiae City Offense #5821G
    : Causing Radical Reconstruction of Theocratic Property

Please be aware that failing to pay one's fine will result in not only an increase of the original fine, but will also result in a new fine being issued.

Corny Copiae City Offense #3: Failing to Submit Pre-Determined Fine to the Royal Tax Offices.

You are hereby to pay the extra fine within a week, in addition to the previous fine, plus penalty.

Please be aware that besides filling out Form #279, you are now required to fill out Form #41B for the additional fine, as well as filling Form # 812 for the new penalty.

Failure to pay the fees will result in further invoices being sent.

May the sacred goddess bring you the comfort you seek!

Deputy Vice-Secretary to the Minister of Home Office,

Hans Brickface.

Attached with the invoice is another letter

Spoiler
    Show
    Service Evaluation Questionnaire

Dear Sir/Madam/Other

We the servants of the Theocracy try our best to ensure that every experience working with the holy Theocracy is a pleasant one. However no one is perfect, except the sacred goddess of course. For this reason we want to hear from you, the common everyday little people. Because it is for the likes of you, that the Theocracy exists.

So we ask of you to kindly fill in this simple and easy to follow questionnaire, with over 100 pages full of new and exciting questions for you to answer. Please take your time in carefully pondering on the question asked, and please respond within 2 working days upon receiving this.

The Theocracy cares! We Really do! Help us, help yourself! Your Opinion Counts!

Glory to the Lady Amalthea

Horn of Amalthea, Vincent

Vincent was taking another stroll around the island, bored out of his mind.

"Sigh, things have been so quiet lately... what should I do? I feel a little...naughty..." he mumbles to himself.

"I know! I shall make a piratical joke on the god who would least appreciate it... and with no sense of humor... but who...." Vincent's face brightens up as he gets an idea and grabs a barrel.

Where ever Xiua'Hi is at the moment

As Xiua'Hi is minding his own business, he is all of a sudden hears a voice behind him yell

"SUPRISE!"

As he is drenched with mud or what ever it is the flow is made out of.

"Hey old fart, I just wanted to say, you did such a good job ruining the pretty oceans around the Evad islands, no seriously, well done. However it would really be unfair for only us mortals to enjoy your master piece! That's why I brought you a sample of your own work to enjoy! No need to thank me, I know you are eternally grateful. Bye bye!"

(AP0= 1-1, Tranfer to Xiua-Hi, yeah I owe him since a while back)

And without waiting for a response, Vincent was gone

Cornu Copiae, Vincent

Feeling much better and proud of himself for pulling such a childish prank on a venerable old god, Vincent gets serious as he sends a letter to all the gods of the unnamed pantheon

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear members who uphold good! Rejoice! For today the Lady Amalthea has declared war on Eul! May we all meet up together on the glorious battlefield in which we shall crush the forces of evil underfoot! Today is a cause for celebration, for finally our crusade shall begin!

With each message a bone from the slain skeletal dragon was included, traces of its undeath still lingering.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-12 at 04:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Did we get AP this week? Or has everyone been saving up?

Atrocity, Council Chambers, Horn of Amalthea

"Here." Atrocity leaned against the chamber doors and pushed them open with one grand flourish. He grinned with a smile that was not its own.

Elimanishon, Sun Temple

"And now where to begin? Who will back me? Do I even care? Hmm. Fire and brimstone for those who do not yield prayer to the gods; dispassionate mortals, ur-priests, all those types. Burn, burn, burn under the sun's might. Burn, burn, burn to set the mortals right." He takes bits of solarstuff in each hydra head and begins to craft something new.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

To Dirjie, Purgameth, Asherah, Yam, Khakom, and Eliminshon
    Spoiler
    Show

"Change of plans. Let's join Asherah's group! Seems like it'll be more or less the same thing."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-12 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Council Chambers

One of the lawyers cleaning up the paper looks at the weird creature who has barged into the chambers. Seem a lot of people completely disregard the rules these days. The nerve of them!

"Excuse me sir! Congress is not in session at the moment due to the latest scuffle between Congress members which resulted in Lord Skyre having his teeth knocked back so far down his throat that he now has to floss with toilet paper..."

giving a better look to Atrocity the lawyer groans

"...oh no.... not this again..."

Cornu Copiae, Vincent

Vincent looks at the sky as the cloud continued to rain. However the rain was weird, it was red... almost as if it was blood... Vincent collects some of the bloody rain and takes a drink, savoring the flavor in his mouth before swallowing it...

"....yep... its the Destroyer all right... sure smells like him too..."

says Vincent as he smells the corruption that the bloody rain is causing.

"Guess I've got to do something about it...'

Raising his holy symbol towards the sky he yells out

"Foul corrupter! Your blessings shall be overturned by the sacred blood of the Ever-Bleeding!"

(Take 1AP from Pantheon, AP0 = 1-1 Nourish Land)

And with that a massive silvery ray shines from the holy symbol into the clouds. At first the red blood rain continues, but all of a sudden, a different type of rain starts, one of golden blood.

"This is the purifying powers of the Mistress of Mercy!" Vincent says with a grin.

As the pure golden blood mingles with the corrupted red blood, the two different blood's affects are canceled out until it falls onto the island of the Horn of Amalthea as simple and harmless rain.

Vincent raises his head towards the city and says

"Well now... seems I might have some fun after all!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-12 at 04:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma, The Burning Void...as always.

Enigma looks to the frozen plane, then the Iron Maiden. Two interests of his.

Rumbling his power around himself, Enigma looks down at the playground. They play...games? The games of his brother, and the favored of Ice. They enjoy games? Questions, Answers, Fun. That comes as an impressive interest to him. Something that brings forth so many questions, bring joy. So, odd. Enigma, decides to create his own game. Reaching out with his great rumbling power to the middle of Ramua he etches the playing board, in flames. Fiery lines, etched and swirled into the ground, the fire erupted forth and made a maze of flame. This would be where the game would be played.

The Fire Lord then took a small amount of elemental and sent them into the etched bored. And with another piece of himself he created an image of each of the greater Lords of the playground, Eul, Xam, Xiua'Hi, Kaern, Lossathir, Eli, Evadize, and himself. These creatures could act as aspects, and playing pieces in the great game.

Objective was set.

For the questions, he set in the Maze some of the Stern Questions he had created as he ripped himself from his chains. This would not be enough, he blighted the whole of the maze with questions, his own mind ravaging the maze and making one loose themselves in the quiz of self realization.

Obstacle was set.

[ 2 = 7 - 1 Mold Land - 1 Pestilence (Homebrew coming.) - 2 Create Populace (Godly Aspects) ]

Fiona, The Maze of Enigma

Fiona felt the power of Enigma, ravaging the land, and came to the place. This was...a game? How could he? Enigma did not understand the purpose of a game was to give a reward, and only her people would play such a game. Perhaps even create their own mazes of confusion. But, not without a reward. This is not to be waist of his divine power. A reward was required. Fiona looked to the middle. There was an empty space in the middle of the maze. Game indeed.

Fiona manifested in the middle the great Maze. Her power around her body like a cloak, she reached around her neck and pulled the cloak off laying it on the ground. She looked at the mantel and nodded, this would make a great reward for this puzzle worthy of Enigma. Fiona vanished, to protect her people, but her power stayed in the middle.

[ 1 = 4 - 3 Create Artifact: Cloak of the Phoenix, Homebrew coming. ]

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

21. - Top - End - #111

*Void*

As he finished Yam's gifts, he recieved both of The Destroyers messages. With a snap of his fingers, he summoned Crikkeshh, who he charged with replying to the Destroyer in the Affirmative. As his Herald flew off into the distance, Khakom set off to find his father. Something was...different.

*Wherever The Destroyer is*

Crikkeshh was disoriented, and confused, and yet his divine mandate called him forth towards the Destroyer, trying to find him.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

*Void*

While Lossethir was still busying himself with the minutiae of designing every last inch of his new realm, Helen (the Valkyrie) was dispatched to the Void to seek out Khakom and inform him of their father's new dominion.

Finding Khakom, Helen salutes sharply with her spear and smiles warmly. She quickly explains the situation, but elaborates on the glamour and beauty of the realm. And, of course, she reveals how to access the plane and bids Khakom to pay a visit.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xam looked down. He looked at the world. And he smiled.

"I wish for their pain to stop. But it must continue. If only for a short while..."

ANd then Xam breathed a puff of dragonfire over himself. ANd he felt empowered.

(1AP= 7 AP - 6 AP (raise DR. DR 11 now.))

ANd then Xam looked out and found the one who stole it.

"Yam... stealer of my name. One letter an original name doth not make. I shall not punish all evil yet, but the Bloodbound shall give them their come-uppance yet. But now for a greedy act.

"An act of benevolence, of vengence, mock'ry too
    All these things shall destroy you.
    Thy name shall become what thee are not!
    Sweet water on the lips, nice and hot!"

And Xam waved a hand over his body and a similar odd sensation went over the playground. The farmers found a new, hardy crop. It's orange flesh was deliscious and fibrous, and very good with tree sap syrup and marshmallow root. And the people called them what the Xamite preists did. Yams.

And from that day, land dwellers mocked the name Yam.

(0 AP = 1 AP - 1 AP (Nourish Populous with yams))
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma, The Burning Void

Enigma cried out to the elder Gods, his siblings, "Brother, Endurance. Brother Earth. Come." His voice backed by his power and rumbled throughout the planes. He had something to speak to his siblings.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

25. - Top - End - #115

OOC:Ooh. Harsh. EDIT: Nef, Do you have names for ALL your Valkyries?

*Void*
    Khakom smiled and hesitantly dismissed the Valkyrie, who soared off. Utilizing his new knowledge, Khakom entered his father's domain.

*Frostheart/Celonechor (I'm just gonna fo with Frostheart from now on unless the distinction is important)*

Khakom found himself in a rolling green valley. The temperature was deliciously frigid, and the grass was vibrant and verdent in every direction. The hills softly crested the horizon, and Khakom felt at peace, even with the swirling Frostheart merely a half-mile away. This was peace born of chaos.

"I will enjoy this place."
    Last edited by String; 2008-09-13 at 12:53 AM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Their names are Bridgette, Morgan, Christine, Diana, Olivia, Helen, Lucca, Victoria, Beatrix, Terra, Phoebe, Joan, Minerva, Natasha, Alma, Sophia, and Claire.

Know your Valkyries!

Morgan has red hair and wields a great axe. She's temperamental, contrary and more prone to fits of passion and rage than her sisters. A possible love interest of Vincent.

Olivia has cyan hair and wields a greatsword, she counts herself as the eldest of her sisters and their leader. She is the most loyal to Lossethir and word tirelessly to please him.

Sophia has dark blue hair and carries a longbow. She's the former lover of Gliss and the mother to Caina. She's soft spoken and demure.

Helen and Phoebe are nearly identical blondes; the only surefire way to tell them apart is that Phoebe has violet eyes (Helen's are golden brown). Both carry great spears like their father. They are the most dutiful and seldom leave his side.

And, to clarify: Celonechor refers to the river (and floating islands) that orbits the Frostheart. Both are mirror images to the actual planet and the ice ring in the material plane. Frostheart may refer either to the entire plane, or the maelstrom at the core of the realm. The plane also may simply be called the Elemental Plane of Ice/Frost. Being on Celeonechor is rather like being an astronaut on the space shuttle...you're in orbit after all...sitting on a magic island in space. From Celonechor, Frostheart looks rather like Neptune...big blue and white streaked marble.

*Celonechor*

Even in the greenest locales of Celonechor, there was a brisk chill that hung in the air, and usually a steady wind to accompany it. Some would grow weary of such a thing, but to the residences and its master, the atmosphere was a constant source of invigoration. But, some people could never be pleased. As intended, much of the realm had a pervasive feeling akin to the first snowy day of the year...the weather was perfectly suited for building snowmen, skiing, or just curling up with a blanket (or someone) near the hearth.

In the short time Khakom had been admiring the scenery, the sun and moved from a mid-day position and was already rapidly setting behind the stony hills. Another moment more and the stars were in brilliant, unparalleled view, and they moved across the sky at measurable pace. What a concept; pristine, heartbreakingly beautiful winter scenery...perched on a river that whipped through space at untold speeds. And all the while, roiling elemental chaos in the orb below.

Lossethir appeared before his son in a brief flurry of snow before taking his preferred form. Somehow, he seemed more younger, more alive than anyone could recall. His emerald eyes twinkled and there was a healthy blush to his cheeks like a child who's been playing in the snow.

"You like it?" that was really more of an observation than a question. "Haha! Oh, I'll have to invite Xam..." Xam was possibly the only god who'd enjoy as snowball fight as much as Lossethir.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-13 at 04:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Xiua'hi scooped up several new pieces on his board, intricate versions of the more powerful gods that had been placed in some hedge maze, vanishing from his plane, appearing in front of his burning brother

"Brother, you have called?"
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

A portal opens before Crikkeshh. Space itself seems to twist, and a spiraling red vortex appears before him.

"You have been searching for me, and so I have become aware of you. I am at the other side of this."
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

29. - Top - End - #119

*Portal/Vortex Thing*

Crikkeshh dove through the portal, and found himself beside The Destroyer. He spoke.

"My Lord and Master, the Storm God, would have me convey his agreement to join this coalition of yours."
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Dirije's Representative, Akkade
    The shadow dragon quickly observed his new surroundings. Seeing that he is of equal size to the other creatures in the room, he shapeshifted into his elven form. After the transformation was finished he marveled at his own form in the polished granite floor. The transformation was perfectly done, and even his eyes had the round pupils of an elf and not the serpentine slits of a dragon.
    Breaking himself from his reverie, the dragon looked up at Asherah.
    "The Unseen Lord extends his greetings to you and his brother." The dragon slightly dipped his head at Blaspheme. "The Master of Assassins wants to know why you wish to meet with him."

Dirije's Scouts, Edge of the World
    After days of searching, Dirije's scouts has finally found something of value. These...humans were brought here by Varr, but when he ran they were left here to die. Now they are defenseless against the harsh punishments of the merciless elements and vengeful gods.
    They were desperate for a savior.

The shadow dragons approached the humans in their true form. At first the humans were terrified by this new threat, but their nerves are quickly calmed when the dragons shifted into the forms of humans.
    They asked the humans to follow them to the Promised Land , where comfort, power, and riches awaits them. All they had to do in return was stop worshipping the gods who abandoned them and turn to Dirije.

The dragons' words brought them hope. And soon the majority of the humans began the Exodus to a nearby Shadow Portal. On the other side Dirije waited impatiently for his Chosen people to enter his waiting arms.

Dirije, the Shadow of the Playground
    In just a short time Dirije has completely mastered the powers of the Shadow of the Playground.
    With the coming of his Chosen people, it will soon be the time to put his plans into action.

(AP3=6-3 Raise DR8->9 Two levels into Sorcerer)