New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

Enigma, The Burning Void

Enigma looked to his elder brother "Scion of Earth. Brother. Endurance arrives, I speak. Plans. Three Brothers." Enigma's voice seemed to show love for both Kaern and Xiua'Hi. Enigma waited watching the fires of the deep. His other brother must show before he would speak. Bad timing would only create undo questions.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Whatever though. Depending on how circumstances go, I intend to join the batch Asherah is likely intending to manipulate. But she might decide that a few of the people I'm interested in forming an alliance with are too dangerous. Which is precisely why I want to see their power and influence increased. As you also are a storm I am sure you can understand. Let your master know that I will assist him, should he ask for it."
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity, Council Chambers

Reply to (had no internet for a while):
    Spoiler
    Show

Council Chambers

One of the lawyers cleaning up the paper looks at the weird creature who has barged into the chambers. Seem a lot of people completely disregard the rules these days. The nerve of them!

"Excuse me sir! Congress is not in session at the moment due to the latest scuffle between Congress members which resulted in Lord Skyre having his teeth knocked back so far down his throat that he now has to floss with toilet paper..."

giving a better look to Atrocity the lawyer groans

"...oh no.... not this again..."

Atrocity leaps across the room and plants his feet into the lawyers chest; the Hound of Elimanishon then rides the body downwards as it looks into the man's eyes. "You laws are poison. And I will remove it..." It kicks and claws its feet into the lawyer. "Drop by bloody drop."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-14 at 09:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Chamber of Congress

"Ouch sir! If you don't mind! Any assult at a civil servant of the Theocracy has to be approved by a committee of peers after filing the proper forms and going through the proper procedures!"

Says the lawyer as Atrocity continues to slash into him.

"Any unapproved violence...ouch!... within the Chamber of Congress will result in a hefty fine sir!"

A lawyer to the very end. However, no matter how much Atrocity would slash and hack the lawyer, he wouldn't die. All of a sudden Atrocity hears someone clapping in a mocking manner.

"Bravo! Encore!" Says Vincent sitting mockingly on the seat normaly reseved for the Preist-King.

"Well now, I have been following your... progress, my dear fellow and I must say I am most impressed, your work shows dedication. This has got to be the third time this year someone has attempted to destroy congress... first time a scribe put off a bomb, and the second time someone summoned a Balor... ahhh....good times."

Vincent lights his pipe as he continues to talk to Atrocity

"Now, now, don't be suprised of how I knew you were here, the pain you created on your rampage to this place was well felt by my Lady, and why would anyone start a slaughter within this building if not to destroy it? You aren't the first, and you certainly won't be the last."

Vincent blows a cloud of smoke directly into Atrocity covering him

"Under normal circumstances, I would have left the guards and preists to take care of any new threat to the Chamber... you know... let mortals take care of thier own problems. I can't say that I really care about this place, it creates more problems than it solves, know what I mean? However... you have piqued my curiosity... obviously something or someone is behind your power, and I am very intrested to know who sent you."

Vincent starts to walk towards Atrocity and as he leers at him

"Now then, do me a favor... enlighten me... I want every detail from you, though if you choose not to talk, it will result in introducing you to a world of pain... either way, its a win-win situation... at least for me"
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity, Council Chambers

The creature ducks his head under his arm for a moment. "Who is this one? Dunno. Not quite like the others." Then Atrocity stands up, steps off of the lawyer, and climbs up onto a table with the grace of something that gave no heed to what the difference between a hand and a foot were.

"I am what everything wishes it could be, sometime or another. I am unbound. Yet at the same time I stand for something so much greater." Atrocity cracks a smile and his head tilts to his shoulder. "And you won't let me purge them and their inked heresies! Hraagh!!!"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gwyn wandered the world, searching. He had tried searching from his position in the Shadow, but it was hard to see from there and from here on the ground, he could search more actively.

What did he search for though? The answer to that was simple. He searched for Marietta. Marietta, Marietta, Marietta!
    How to find a mortal? Think like a mortal, and the easiest way to do that is from the ground. So he searched manually.
    Who would have thought it would work? Who would have thought he would actually found that which he sought?

“Marietta…”
    She whirled around, a spasm of fear crossing her face, twisting it, slightly flickering it. “Oh no…”
    “Marietta, listen to me.”
    “I will kill you.”
    Gwyn was taken aback. He had known of her vehemence towards him, how could he not, but her tone was so full of hate, it was almost lifeless.
    “I will kill you”
    “Can I have my say?
    “I will kill you, though you be god and I mortal!”
    “Marietta, you are not a mortal, not anymore.”
    “… I suppose I can’t just say ‘I will kill you’ again.”
    “What happened to you was an accident.”
    “You should have stopped it! You should have fixed it!”
    “I would have, but you ran away from me, hid from me…”
    “Then change me now! I’m waiting, I’m listening, just change me!” She flung her arms out, and dropped her guise. Now she was just Marietta, just a Doppelganger.
    “I can save your people, but I cannot save you.”
    “You… you… All this… To give me hope, and then…” She kept her arms in the air, but hung her head: tears flowed down her grey cheeks.
    “I can give you more. I can give you true godhood.”
    “To be your child!”
    “You have always been my child.”
    “Hah!”
    “It’s the truth! You are my child, and you were my child, even when you rejected it.”
    “You said you can save my family…”
    “Ah, now you put your people before yourself. Has a change come over you at last?”
    “You mock me.”
    “I mock you.”
    “Meaningless chatter! You said you can save them, do so! Give my soul rest!”
    “It is already done.”
    “… I feel no different…”
    “You are not yet at your potential, you may never reach it.”
    “No, I thought that the knowledge of my peoples freedom would free me…”
    “Erm, they are not all free.”
    “Not all free? You only changed some of them?”
    “I only could change some of them. Are you still venomous?”
    “I should be, but now.”
    “It is a glorious thing, to achieve a goal, is it not…”
    "... You said I was not a mortal?"

(AP:0=6-2(Create Populous: Changelings)-2(Gain Portfolio: Changelings)-2(Gain Domain: Shapechanger)
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2008-09-15 at 08:46 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, The Solar Eternity

The sun lord focused his grasp on his anarchic puppet and began to lose his own footing in reality. He clutched his incomplete alchemical creation in one foot; the raw essence of Chaos that he could distill from the discarded remnants of the Ward Gods' last visit. Things peeled away from his metaphysical form as raw energy sought to reduce even the roaring vortex around him into freer state of existence. For a time, Elimanishon existed as a discontinued series of flickering divinity. The strange material slithered up his leg and settled itself in his ribcage like a new heart and it unraveled networks of silvery threads into the surrounding storm that he had slowly slipped into. "A new beginning."

(4 = 7 - 3 (DR +1; now it is 11, Tsuuga ; +2 Barbarian Levels; Intermediate Deity DCM: Echo Strike {C}) Stats Updated on Wiki)

Atrocity, Council Chamber

"Hehe." He folds his arms and sits down, twitching, convulsing as his eyes seem to catch fire suddenly. "If you kill me, you're going to upset someone very powerful. My job is done anyhow. But don't... don't let me stop you. No let them do that for me."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-15 at 10:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent looks at the weird creature with an amused look on his face

"Kill you? Nah! That would mean ending my fun prematurely! No need to over-react son! I am here for a bit of rough housing, that is all. Also you say that I risk upsetting someone very powerful? Guess what? Upseting powerful people is what I do on a day to day basis. So if your fellow gets pissed off that I am about to do to you... well he can take a number and get in line, I'm sure I've pissed off much so many people by now that I've lost count."

Grinning as he approaches Atrocity Vincent continues

"So you beleive that thier laws will stop me? Guess again son... mortal laws... apply to mortals, and I am far beyond being a mortal... though come to think of it, I can't really say that I respect divine laws either..."

Cracking his knuckles Vincent concludes

"But that's just details, and talk is cheap I always say. Right then, you say your mission is completed, so now you have two choices, you can either walk out, or have a go at me, first move is yours really. "
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-16 at 04:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity

"Ahehe. Choices? Yippee! But do we ever get to make choices? Am I really going to do anything other than what I will do?" He sighs and then searches himself.

Elimanishon, The Solar Eternity

The Dream Rift flared and Elimanishon let himself seep out into the world through wisps and traces of his spirit. He began to exist as both a dream and a nightmare. "Soon there will be a reckoning that the goodwill of mistaken gods... and their avatars... cannot undo." Thunder, flame, and all things unbridled coalesced around him and his warped heart yet at the same time his rather unmistakable existence seemed to disappear beneath the fabric of reality.

1 = 4 - 3 (Evo 3; Dream-form)

Elimanishon became a bit more primal in his form; from one's perspective he no longer held one shape but often appeared as the cross between a thunderbird and something like a many-armed dragon. Through the Rift, he infiltrated the hearts and minds of mortals to cull the dreamwalkers when needed. And still that smile seared across his face, no matter his form or lack of definition.

0 = 1 -1 (Create Subrace - Dreamwalkers (I'm sure at least one of the 1 AP options can cover this); essentially they are like sleepwalking puppets)

Atrocity

The beast winces for a moment. "Ahehe..." He pulls out a cigar and lights it. "Why don't you walk away? Let me finish the job. Then you say that you were too late. You don't like 'em, I don't like 'em. You could help if you want. Really. Choices..."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-09-16 at 03:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent smiles as he puts away his pipe

"Destroy this place? True... you can destroy a building... anyone can... but as you said before, its all about choices son, these mortals choose to burden themselves with unessesary laws and procedures... so what? If thats what makes them happy, so be it. If someone dosn't like it, they are free to go, no one stops them. You talk about freedom from rules, yet you wish to impose your own rules on others? "

He gives a pause to think

"I have to admit, I don't like this place, that much is true. The decoration is too tacky for my taste and its always stuffy... however, I as much as I would agree to it, I'm afraid that even if you do knock this building down, the spirit of this land's law will still be there... if anything you will be strengthening it. I say that if anyone is to break the walls which these laws make its the mortals themselves."

He gives Atrocity a grin and says

"Shame really, I really like your style, however I'm afraid I can't let you destroy this place. It just so happens to belong to my Lady you see. However by all means! If you want to blow up another institution of law and order, be my guest! Go destroy it! If you want I can recommend this other location, just a stone's throw away from here where people are given little to no choices even about thier souls! Go visit the Palace of Justifiable Hate if you want, and do what you will, Abyss, you can even send them my regards!"

Finishing Vincent points at the cigar and says

"That seems intresting, mind if I give it a try?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity

"Sure, go for it." He hands it over. "Hmm. Palace of Justifiable Hate? Sounds scenic."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Vincent slaps his head and says

"Did I say Justifiable Hate? Sorry, I meant the Palace of Justified Hate. Terribly sorry, I must have taken one too many hits on the head as of late."

He takes the cigar and takes in a deep breath as he savours the flavor, before he starts to cough a bit and gives it back to Atrocity.

"That thing sure has a kick. I prefer my trusty pipe, along with grade A Dwaven tobacco, can't beat this stuff. Wanna laugh? Normaly no smoking is permited in here under penalty of a fine... but that never stops me anyway."

Vincent coughs once again before continuing

"Yes, I am suggesting you have a go at the Palace of Justified Hate son... if you want of course, no one is forcing you. You see unlike in these Chambers, where the mortals can actualy pick the people who rule them, thus ensuring that changes can occur... granted the way they do things here it will be slow, but changes will happen none the less, over there, you will only find unquestioned absolute rule by one person. Have a look over there, and witness true tyranny of the law. At least here, people can raise an objection to any rule they don't like. Can the same be said over there? Here they have to deal with the paper work if they want to complain... over there they have to deal with the executioner's blade... if you get my drift."

Clearing his voice, he continues

"Now then, unfortunatly as you can understand, I am very busy, I have to run here and there and I can never find time to take a breath, war is comming you see. You serve your master, and I serve my Lady, in that we can both agree. However, if you truly wish to erase all this crap, leave it to the mortals, I and my Lady have faith that they will eventualy sort their problems out. Perhaps you should focus on liberating what is enslaved by... divine powers rather than focus on mortal chains, for I tell you, this building is just a facade of order for the chaos which is the Theocratic government."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity

"Perhaps my efforts are better spent there. You can have all this. Take care." He hops up from the seat and in a wave of red energy Atrocity releases his grip on the slain paladin and disappears into the planes. The remains of the man falls back onto the seat.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Chamber of Congress, Vincent

As Atrocity leaves, Vincent looks at the body of the dead paladin and the badly mauled lawyer. He gives a sigh, as he brings the paladin back to life and tells him

"It's not your time to go yet, you see, someone here has to fill out a report about this incident... and Abyss take me if I'm going to stick around and do it..."

then turning to the badly mauled Lawyer, Vincent heals his wounds and tells him

"... you there, you're not getting away that easily, you're going to give a hand at this report as well..."

The Preist-King's Office
    , Davorin.

Davorin looks through his papers, waiting for Vincent to tell him that the danger is gone from the Chamber of Congress. He looks at the Home Secretary and the two scribes who are busy writing who knows what.

"Let me pose a question, according to the Consitution, would an attack on the Chamber of Congress consitute an emergancy situation grave enough for me to inact martial law?"

The two scribes bring out a massive book and start reading through the Theocratic Constitution, untill one finds what he is looking for

"According to this article, yes it would..."

"Very well, since Congress is under attack, I have no choice but to temporarily abolish parliament and declare martial law untill the threat is over. Now then, since I don't have to deal with parliament for now, perhaps we can get some work done here and make some important decisions."

"As you want Lord Davorin, but Congress will not be happy..."

"Congress is not fit to wipe my ass. Now then, lets get to work..."

Looking at the files of unresolved petitions, Davorin gives a sigh, and says

"Alright, first issue that I need to resolve is the Va'Tari peace agreement, scribe! I shall dictate a letter..."

"At once sire!" Responds the scribe as he quickly writes down Davorin's words onto paper.

A while later, the letter is finished, and Davorin says

"Good, now that we finished with this, lets look at these bunch of peitions... we've got to work quick before Vincent arrives and announces that the threat is over, which means that power has to be transfered to Congress again... "

As if summoned, Vincent appears infront of Davorin, but before Vincent can speak, Davorin yells at the scribe

"Quick! Approve all those peitions! I don't care what they are, just get them out of my way!"

Giving a grin, Vincent tells Davorin with a smile

"Lord Davorin, the threat to Congress is over..."

Giving a groan Davorin says

"Well, I guess its buisness as usual again... shame we can only make decisions during these crisis..."

Palace of Justified Hate

Another letter is delivered to Dalam by the Royal Mail, but this one is diffrent from the other ones that were sent to her in the past. The paper is of better quality, the letters on the envelope are carefuly written, but more importantly, the unbroken wax seal of Davorin the Priest-King of the Holy Theocracy is stamped on the letter.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Mr.Adolamin Soulaxe, on behalf of Lord Davorin, Priest-King of the Holy Theocracy and Sovereign of Cornu Copiae.

Greetings dear Mr. Soulaxe, I pray that your ranch yeilds well. After many years of petitioning the Holy Theocracy, it gives me great pleasure to announce that your petition has been approved by the Priest-King himself! I am glad to announce that your 4 year crusade is finaly at an end.

By order of the Priest-King, a consitutional amendment has been made in your favor, allowing any farmer of Dwarven descendant to legaly marry thier cow, in a political wedding within all regions of Cornu Copiae, the Horn of Amalthea and all dependancies of the Theocracy.

I hereby wish to extend congratulations on behalf of Lord Davorin himself, and may the sacred goddess provide you and your new wife with matremonial bliss. With this letter please find a personal gift of three gold coins from the Theocratic treasury. Get your bride-to-be, a lovely wedding dress with it, and consider it as a token of our regret that your petition took so long to be accepted.

May your first-born be a male!

Scribe to his holiness, Lord Davorin, Priest-King of the Theocracy.

Hans Brickface,

Horn of Amalthea, Soulaxe Ranch

At the same time Adolamin Soulaxe, the demented Dwarf rancher, and well known one man crusader opens a letter from the Holy Theocracy, bearing the unbroken wax seal of Lord Davorin on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal, Tyrant Queen of the Va'Tari, and foe of the Holy Theocracy,

After much deliberation on your offer of peace, between the Va'Tari Empire and the Holy Theocracy of Cornu Copiae, I have come with the decision of officialy agreeing to a cease-fire between all forces of the Holy Theocratic army and its dependancies, with the forces of the Va'Tari Empire.

However, on the grounds of principals, I am unable to accept in good conscience a peace treaty, nor the recognition of the Va'Tari Empire, nor the establishment of diplomatic relations on the ground of your actions in dealing with devils. However, should your actions be corrected, the Holy Theocracy would welcome a peace agreement. Untill then you will have to do with the cease-fire the Holy Theocracy is offering while the Va'Tari Empire deals with the Water-Orc threat.

I wish you luck on the battlefield. And may you give the Water-Orcs another fine battle and victory, in the way that only the Va'Tari know, like the one we scored against you in the battle of Dalam's Folly, in which we sent you homeward, to think again.

May the sacred goddess crush you under her sacred heel!

I sign this letter by my own hand,

Davorin

Priest-King of the Holy Theocracy of Cornu Copiae.

Adolamin Soulaxe reads through the letter a couple of times, not sure what to make of it, untill he says

"Dem, durn morons at de Teocracy! Dey mean to force one of dem, cease-fires between me and da gophers! Well dey can all rot in the Abyss! I'll kill every gopher I find! Gopher holes hurt my beauties, and no one hurts Soulaxe's cows and gets away with it!"

Soulaxe calls over his favorite cow

"Here Bessie! Eat dis!"

And gives the letter for Bessie to eat

"Dats my Bessie! Only you can understand me! Now den, give me a big wet kiss!"

"Moooooo!" says Bessie as she eats the letter.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-17 at 05:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Asherah, Akkade

Asherah has a sudden inspiration as she is discussing the alliance, and she takes a moment to write it down for future reference.

Spoiler
    Show
    Asherah
    (AP 0 = 2 + 1(leftover) - 3(Evolve))

This AP is from last week's rollover. Just making sure I get this in before week's end and freeze time.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

**Gliss, the Grin**

The world was changing, that much was clear. Gliss had been born long ago as a stray wisp of Elimanishon's happiness, little more than a particularly strong emotion. He had awakened in these very lands, though they had been very different then.

Mortals had come. Some had been creations of Gliss, some were simply guests who had made these lands their homes. As more and more gathered, their numbers began to swell to impressive proportions. They had assembled into a city, and from that city had come wondrous things. Sky knights under the patronage of the demigod Osric, epic tales told and created by bards and bands (of adventurers, of course), and many stranger things still.

Then Gliss had a daughter. After a tryst with the valkyrie Sophia, Tryll Guildmaster, Gliss' chosen mortal, found a baby girl who looked fairly odd, though not unnatural. In time, she grew, and her divinity was revealed. She had her father's lust for adventure and her mother's passion for combat, and she turned to the only place that could satisfy her: the Labyrinth, the sentient and infinite plane of challenges created by Gliss to train and test adventurers on the Grin. Caina battled into the Labyrinth and learned how to communicate with it. In time, it and she grew very close, and, after freeing many minotaurs from the Labyrinth's deepest city, Caina returned to do battle eternally. Someday, she hopes to find a way to allow the Labyrinth to be free of itself, but until then is content to fight what it throws at her and visit other gods as necessary.

Around the same time, a revelation happened on the Grin. Gliss revealed certain runes and words to a trio of forged, and they immediately took to scribing these runes and invoking these words on great ships. At the time, they knew not what they did or why, but simply that they needed to do it. So was born the airship, the invention that would propel the Grin to the next age. No longer was travel and trade with the surface dependent on dragons and skybeasts. Instead, wealthy merchants could rent or purchase huge ariships to transport goods or people, making it easier than ever to get in contact with the rest of the world.

Wanting the mortals to have more power to shape their own destinies, Gliss consulted with Xiua'hi about the ancient runes he had revealed. The two caused to come into being three books, books that held the secrets of the words of the gods. These words weren't as permanent as the runes were, but they could accomplish things similar to what the gods themselves could do- not simply altering reality, like magic, but changing the fundamental properties and nature of reality, far beyond the traditional powers of mind or magic.

Gliss saw a new age approaching, an age of mortals. He saw the world below, and saw several paths it could take. One road was grim and terrible. Another stagnantly peaceful. A third road caught the summer god's attention. This road was obscured, not excessively dark, but not remarkably bright. It was in constant flux impossible to track. This was the way the world should be, thought Gliss. Not dependent on we gods to decide, but free to choose its own course, whatever that may be. That's not to say I can't help it reach this path of independence, though...

And so Gliss showed the three forged another pair of runes. A symbol of infinite and inceasing creation and a symbol of neverending destruction. Neither could stay without the other, as alone they held not enough power. Between the two runes, force was created, a force that rose to the heavens. At a simple command, the two runes would activate each other, fire and water in eternal flux, steam the inevitable result. Thus was the power of steam given to the three forged, and the first experiments with it performed. Soon, the age of mortals would begin.

What are they missing? thought Gliss. Surely the final catalyst can't be too difficult to find, but I just can't figure out what they need...perhaps another god will take an interest in the mortals providing for themselves and give them that last...whatever it is that those three require.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gliss- 0 AP = 2 AP- 2 AP towards (Create Concept: Steam Power, 1 AP still required)
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-09-18 at 05:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Klik'chak, his palace in Amensi

Recently, several Chosen arrived in Amensi, having expired from dehydration. After having actually met with them, Klik'chak realized that he was being blamed in the mortal world for the drought which had dried out the oases in the southern Ramuan deserts. Strangely, there were tales that some had begun worshiping him not only as the god of deserts but also the god of droughts.

This turn of events intrigued Klik'chak. He had always seen deserts as something to protect and maintain only as they already were. He had not considered drying out other lands to make them into deserts. He then had an idea of what to do to test this out.

Klik'chak extended his powers toward Teerp's Desert in the south of Ramua, then reached north a few miles. The water in the lands surrounding the desert was drained away to refill the parched oases in the desert. His Chosen had water, and the surrounding lands began to dry up and be covered with the ever shifting dunes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Klik'chak
    (AP 0 = 3(from pantheon) - 1(Mold Land: create desert) - 2(Gain Domain: Thirst))
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Silent as a thief, Lossethir steals his way through the palatial expanse of Amensi, past the residents and past the other gods. The only one he might be worried about, Klik'chak, whereabouts were accounted for, so he had nothing to fear. Straight to the Grand Court he goes, swiftly as he's able, and to the fountain on the north wall. He takes one last cautious glance around before skimming his finger across the waters of the pool...draining it of the last of it's divine energy. It would not be missed...by all accounts it should will be replaced before anyone might notice. He took just a moment to silently mock the other 'trickster' gods before spiriting up and out of the pyramid complex and back to his home plane in a wink.

The Valkyries stood assembled at the Sapphire Palace in Celonechor.

"Why are we doing this again?" queried Morgan with a scowl.

"Because you love me...and I'll buy you things." her father answered somewhat coldly.

"It doesn't take a genius to see the benefits of having an Intermediate Deity for a father, Morgan. The more power he has...the more power we have. And I don't have to remind you how far down on the totem pole we actually are." Olivia chimed in, glad to take her father's side.

Morgan's frown turned into a sly smile, then she nodded with consent.

"Let's get on with it..." said Lucca drearily, either unimpressed or unsure about the ritual.

Each of his daughters lifted up their hands and motes of divine essence dances around the casting circle. These wisps of power where ensared with one flash from the Cloud tool and drawn into Lossethir's being. All eighteen present waited eagerly for the results...but nothing earth shattering occurred.

At length "That's it? Well, I don't know what all the fuss is about, I don't feel any different..."

A collective sigh went out concerning Lossethir's ascention, and eventually everyone went about their own business like normal...here, business will mean dueling, gambling, drinking and attending the latest opera. (Maybe not in that order...)

Spoiler
    Show

Valkyries grant 3 AP (Final = 0)
    Pantheon grants 4 AP (Final = 0)

Teach Populace: Gambling (1 AP) (Created the game Citadel and sent it to Gliss to be distributed)
    Teach Populace: Theatre (1 AP) (Includes orchestral music, opera and ballet - the inhabitants of Celonechor have a lot of free time...most of it devoted to the fine arts
    Gain Portfolio: Nobility (2 AP)
    Raise DR (3 AP): to 11, gain 2 levels of fighter...and no modifier since we're fixing the combat system anyway! Actions include...the 3 above, plus creating the High Dwarf Subrace - fluff on them coming soon

Lossethir final AP = 0
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-09-18 at 08:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

To Gliss

Spoiler
    Show
    It felt a great... possibility about to happen. -Trying- to come forth from the depths of the world. It could not understand what it was, but it knew that it was a chance for something new. And this new thing, the chance for even more change to take place, that was... wonderful. It gave that idea waiting to be born power, spilling it's bile and blood into and letting it come into being.

[Giveing Gliss 1 AP to finish the concept]

And Purgameth desired more. It had given birth to a land of Change and Madness, of dangerous beauty and wonder. Given birth to a race that could bring change with such ease, and grew so... perfectly. And in order to protect them it showed them that flesh is nothing more then a tool, not a limiting thing left to fate or any such foolishness. It taught them that flesh was nearly another chain to be twisted and altered.

Purgameth... became more, and encompassed more then it ever did before.

[0 AP = 5 AP - 1 AP [Ap given to Gliss for Concept] - 2 AP [Gain Domain: Corruption] - 2 AP [Gain Portfolio: Change]
    Last edited by Matar; 2008-09-18 at 09:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

**Gliss, the Grin**

Purgameth had called, and given the answer. Change! That was it! Change, evolution, rotation, motion! The engines of change were turning, and the engines of the Grin were turning as well! It was still small, though, and only the mills as of yet were run by steam. More was sure to come, though, as the mortals sought new ways to change their world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Steam power created thanks to that other AP from Purgameth

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Village South of the Sunfire Hearth

It was high noon and only three people were walking around the crude village. This was a place beyond the desert of the sun lord but still close enough to witness its white sands and perhaps the glint of a glass tower when the light was perfect. These people, despite their closeness, did not worship Elimanishon or any god for that matter; and they had even gone so far as to smuggle away the divine gift of alchemy.

"What's happening?" The first spoke - the village deputy. He had been there at the ground-laying of the village and it showed in his face.

The next was a town medicine woman. She had once lived in the Citadel but cast aside its strange existence to help others. She had nearly died from sudden starvation and it was the deputy who had found her years ago. "I do not know. The people are not waking up. No matter what I do, all sorts of remedies and strong-smelling unguents fail. Not dead. No. But they seem lost in nightmares."

The third, a second man, followed behind them at his own pace; he occasionally stopped and checked the doorway of each house and saw each villager rolling and tossing in their beds or mats.

The alchemist spoke again. "This is most strange. If I had the power of our ur-priests, perhaps I could free them. Maybe not. Here they, all around us. Most peculiar." Her head sagged and she rubbed her eyes.

"Are you - "

"Fine, fine yes. Just a bit tired. This is a bit much. I don't know if I will sink into the same sad state of rest as them."

The third man continued his silence, hands in his pocket. He was searching for something at a leisurely pace.

The deputy thought to himself for a moment. "I remember a time before the place one might end up when one sleeps. That spinning, screaming storm. It was before your time that we slept in relative peace. We dreamed, but it was so mute. A shadow of what we see when awake. But now, that place seems more real... more, more... alluring than this life. Every time I'm there, more so."

The follower finished searching his array of pockets and produced something from one of them. He flipped it over in his hands as he pondered on the two in front of him.

The deputy turned to the medicine woman. "Do you think it will be over soon? We can cure them, right?"

The third one lit the cigar he had taken out. With what, no one could ever really tell. It was at that point he phased into reality. "Lady, gentleman. Ahehehe." He took a long drag on the rare luxury; chaos sunflower tobacco from the Eternity itself. "This is what we in the business," another drag, this time he exhaled a serpent of red smoke, "call it divine retribution. You've turned your backs on my god, any god, really. Ur-priests, eh?"

"Monster! Who are you? Did you do - "

"This? No. This is my lord's work. I've come to personally oversee his handiwork. Fine, no?" They try to reply but in a blink he is gone.

Atrocity reappears between them at arm's reach. "You two were left behind... for me." His hands shoot out to grab each of them on the shoulder. "We are going to have... so much fun! Where we are going..." He flips the rest of the cigar back into his mouth and swallows it. "There is no need for rest, breath, or existence by these meager conventions. And this village is the first." They try to scream but are only able to manage a weak pair of yawns. Atrocity's laughter echoes through the soulless village. His grin is that of Elimanishon himself.

22. - Top - End - #142

Dalam Tashal: Palance of Justified Hate

The page had handed the envelope to Dalam, running from the room immediately after. Every letter from the pretentious and condecending nation who shared her waters brought her to at least a spitting rage. As she opened it, she sighed and rolled her eyes once more.

“Incopement windbags. They can’t even run their own nation let alone send a single letter. Page!”

The page came running back in, bowing low to Dalam, then the guards

“Return this to the bickering children across the waves.”

The page nodded taking the letter out of the room

Suddenly, Dalam feel to her knees, clutching her stomach. She felt the energies she had stolen leaving her form, wretching forth dark bile to the pristine marble of her palace.
    (Remove 2 AP-Return to Chochin-AP TRANSFER NO LONGER COUNTS AS AN ACTION)

Chochin: Under the waters of Noetrelding

Time had not been kind to the vigillent dragon who kept life in Noetrelding safe and warm. The plans of evil gods and mortal priests alike had stolen much of the latent divinity of the dragon, but it had been struck to many times, and today, after generations of resting at the bottom of the ocean, it resisted the tethers on its soul. And as it flexed its muscles for the first time in an age, the chains tieing it to the world shattered, even just a little of its energies trickling back to it from a world away.
    (Gain 2 AP back)

And with its energies slightly returned, it took its fallen scales, and breathed life into them. Three winding shapes were born, first, a dragon whose scales glittered like rubies, long an sinous, gliding through the air uttering a powerful roar. The second scale seemed to draw in the constant wind and mist that permated the land of Noetrelding, forming a thick riboon like dragon. And the third spawned from the flames of Chochin’s lanter, gaining the length and shape of their father, taking to the skies, spreading their illumination throughout the lands.

And in its final act before returning to his duties, it took the divine spark that dwelled in its lantern and cast it through one of the many portals that dwelled in the ocean, returning it to the Earth Lord.
    (2AP-2=0: Create Populous{Ruby Dragon, Lantern Dragon(use stats for a Radiant Dragon), and Storm Drake}Chochin drops to DR 0-loses water domain)
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity and Company, Outside the Palace of Justified Hate

A wave of foreigners garbed in layered patchwork colors marched forth to the gates of the Palace. Some short, some tall, they never seemed to belong from just one place or time. Their eyes were locked closed and yet they walked on without impediment. "The one named Dalam...," they cawed out at odd intervals, "parley."

There was one among them who dragged a burning effigy chained between two arms and another at the head of the pack with faded yellow and white robes and a large hood obscuring the dreamwalker's face.

24. - Top - End - #144

Dalam Tashal: Outside the Palace of Justified Hate

She had heard the calls, appearing before the prosession attended by a small company of fully armed guards

“You gaze upon whom you seek. You have disrupted my people, what is it that you require of the Va’Tari empire?”
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Atrocity, Palace

An answer comes from within the group. "Dalam... you commit crimes against beings greater than yourself. And an empire will not stand under the scrutiny of my lord."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the forged, Sokra, looked up from the midst of an experiment involving steam and leg-joints of worked iron and pondered, What might a practiced metalworker do with this?

And so he returned from whence he came, and went to the forges of Coberal to work with her smiths on combining steam and steel in more intricate detail.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

YEAR 2 WEEK 1
    *Khakom, Frostheart*

There, in this land that his father built, Khakom felt invigorated. He inhaled deeply, letting the wintery, chaotic storm in the center that was the Frostheart buffet his essence. He drew from it, and a bit of it's power enhanced him. His eyes, already grey and stormy, changed. His left became an orb of solid grey. His right became a bright, white sphere. His body became, if possible, even more drenched, although the water seemed to stop before staining the ground. His muscles surged and grew, and his beard and hair took on a semblance of both cloud and storm, lines of golden-white running through tangled webs of black-grey.

Khakom exhaled, and felt his power, shouting to the heavens in a roar that surpassed any thunder felt anywhere on any plane.

(AP 0 =3-3 Evolve Physically)
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

28. - Top - End - #148

Razade The Grand Rajh: Atep’Quarshal

The country had been founded, those loyal to him gaining control quickly of the courts, magic schools and the small military they found necessary against the few small threats that continued to plague their forest. The “City lines” were going on scheduale, and the capital had been raised off the forest floor with much fanfair. The four major cities were progressing at a quick pace, and the book searchers were successful in the start of building their grand library. Razade simply reclined in his private and hidden study. Surely The Twilight would gaze gently upon him.

Dalam Tashal: Before the Asembled Dream Walker

Dalam gave a small barking laugh, the guards drawing and presenting their weapons

“And what crimes do I commit? Which “God” now deems itself righteous to declare the mortal world and the races they cast out and ignored to be transgressors? Your make and sight is unfamiliar against us, and be you god or mortal, the Va’Tari empire shall stand the trials of time.”

Xiua’hi: Before Enigma
    Xiua’hi bowed low to his brother, placing his hands together before slowly fading into the shadows

“Brother, forgive me, I have some things to attend, but I shall return to your side shortly"

Xiua’hi then appeared in the vast gray expanse known as the Gray Void, a region untouched by the gods, the powerful magics of the world slowly bleeding into the ether, the Gray expanse a simple pallet for the colors of the world. The Flow’s vast magical energies and the concentration of the magics of his elven children glowing with the purples and dark hues of a bruise, Xiua’hi extending his hand, the very last remains of his brother Teerp sliding into the plane, his essence the color of the magical “bruise”

“Your children have taken long in taking your legacy little brother, but I shall herald in your Arcane mind, and anchor it forever into the sky. Xiua’hi then devoured all but four bones of his long dead brother, much like he had with his elder brother Ramus and adopted sister Nerius. And deep in him did they merge.
    (Gain Portfolio: Arcane Energy-2, Gain Domain Magic-2{7+1=4(from Shmee)=4)

But the change deep in his body was not done, feeling the new arcane energies boiling deep in his being, his essence growing grander then before, the scar on his chest bleeding fresh and free
    (Gain DR+2-6{4+2 from pantheon=0} four levels of swordsage)

And in divine pain as his very “Soul” changed under its own weight, he slide back infront of his brother, offering only the smallest of smiles

“The Playground, is sure to change now”
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-25 at 09:07 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    First and foremost, pooling AP. Yea, the Dread Six shouldnt give AP to Eul willingly, meh.

Eul: 6
    Varghan: 2
    Dread Six: 4 (one left from last... Last week.)
    Total: 12

The Dark Home

Eul scryed the mortal world, mortal, such a despicable word, even the gods could die, except for him, he could not die, for he never suffered this disease called life.

Eul had servants with the power to vanquish life and exchange it for undeath's eternal perfection. Magnificent. But even then... Greater servants were needed. And Eul sent his will down to the dark angel of the black desert.

Eul granted his knowledge to the world, and now it was the time to reap the power from it. And so he did, feeding on the power.

(-9 AP, Create Prestige class: Dread Hierarch, Gain Portfolio: Dark Arts, Gain Domain: Necromancy, Evolve)

With what was left of the power he had gathered, Eul empowered his son.

(-3 AP, Evolve Varghan)

Oinos, first layer of the Bleak Badlands

Brutallar and Herr'ec wandered the badlands. The massive steps of the later shaking the floor like the march of an army.

We walk the land of boredon brother. What can we do. Oh what. - Not really a question.

We should have made this place a bit more interesting, perhaps. Gray wastelands where the eyes reach doesn't sound like such a good idea now.

As always, you ignore the fine details of our plans for this place Brutallar, but alas, it is not your job to deal with such.

Just do what you want already.

Patience is a virtue brother.

Brutallar looks up to the larger fiend, before the two burst up laughing as if from some kind of joke.

Herr'ec lowers himself, using his claw to draw dark sigils upon the gray sands, before driving his hand into the floor and pulling up his clenched fist around something.

As he does so, Brutallar watches impassive as an earthquake shatters the landscape and something is lifted from the depths of the plane, mimicking Herr'ec's movement.

Raise from the depths, Wasting Tower. The Plaguelord COMMANDS!

Herr'ec opens his hand, allowing the sand he drew from the floor to fall in a cloud of dust shaped like like a tower, while in the landscape, Brutallar watches as the dust settles, leaving what seens to be a titanic spine jutting from the sands.

Done already?

One more thing.

Herr'ec summoned an ultroloth of great power from his court.

I have a new task for you. To watch over this place, while we make the proper... Preparations.

Can we go now?

No answer, the two merely vanish while the lesser yugoloth walks into the tower.

(0 AP: Mold Land: make Khin-Oin, the Wasting Tower.

0 AP because it is done in a plane you own. Yes people, it is free. Has always been.)
    Last edited by Draken; 2008-09-25 at 11:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fiona; The Volcanoes of Flameborn

Fiona wept at the world around her. There was so much pain and war, her peaple were going to die. She had thought being a goddess would stop all of that damage to her peaple. Fiona hadn't realized, the power that she was gifted with would only help so much. Only using it properly would give her what she wanted. No more fickle wishes, no more power trips.

Fiona curled herself into a ball, she her power rippling around her body. Words could not do what she needed them to do. She would have to do it herself. Assending to the sky her power rippled and created patterns throughout the skys over the volcanoes. Fiona's power became flaming clouds over the volcanoes fiery rain slowly trickled down to the land. Fiona seemed to be the source. This was an eternal thing, only creatures of fire could live in her new fire storms.

{2 = 1 + 2 rollover - 1 Pestilence (firestorms, harm non-flameborn)}
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2008-09-25 at 11:28 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”