AssassinGuy

Default Re: Drow of Menzoberranzan

Spoiler
    Show
    oops, sorry

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ran'zyr hangs back, letting the drow who were more skilled in stealth scout out the camp.

Spoiler
    Show

do you need a stealth roll from me if I'm not going to scout out the town?
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

3. - Top - End - #33

The building in the southwest corner of the outpost seems to be where the humans keep their beasts of burden and/or mounts. It's easy to recognize the smell of dung coming from inside the building. Phaerfryn'da and Rhyldrin see nothing of interest here so they move on.

The building to the north of the stables appears to be a general store, or so the sign above the door says. The shutters are locked from inside, so you cannot peek in.

The next building you investigate is an inn. It seems to be the only building illuminated at night, and you can hear music, singing, talking and other sounds of merriment coming from inside the inn. The second storey is probably where the humans sleep; you cannot see light shining through the windows. There's a male human clad in scale mail and carrying a long spear standing guard in front of the door.

A human family - two adults and three children - lives in the fourth building. The children are sleeping in the bigger room and the adults are sleeping in the smaller room.

There are also two tents on the lawn behind the inn. A pair of guards - a male and a female - are standing near the fire, discussing the political situation in the Surbrin Vale.

---

Continue planning and then tell me what's your next move...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

((OOC: Ok, I think our biggest problem is going to be containment. If we hit those who are separated off to the sides and/or can be picked off quick and quiet we're golden, but then we need to find a way to keep the inn sealed off. I doubt that there's anyone in the inn (save for the guard) that can put up much of a fight, but even if they can we need to keep them all in one place. Cloud of Darkness will be useful, but not for containment-- if they panic they'll just run straight through it and then we have a hunt on our hands, which isn't a huge deal, but it's mighty inconvenient.

Also, for the DM, the description of Cloud of Darkness says "You are immune to these effects (meaning the blindness)." I assume that means that even allies are susceptible to clouds not their own?))
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC-So far we've only accounted for 2 females of breeding age (one of which is probably trained to fight so might not be worth the trouble of keeping her alive). If we start a noisy fight, it will draw attention from either the inn or the guards around the tents so I'm all for stealth kills on the two tent guards. See what they're hiding in the tents and then go from there. I guess there's no sign of what's in the tents?

6. - Top - End - #36

((OOC: Ok, let's go ahead and get potentially useful powers on the table. Does anyone have any powers that are suited to fast, nonlethal take-downs? All I have are combat powers, nothing more versatile than that (save the Drow bonus ones, and we've covered those a bit). How about healing? If worse comes to worst, we can always take everyone and everything down to negative HP and then patch up three females.

Also, though we don't know what our sexy Drow overlords, who by the way I would welcome wholeheartedly if they were in any way new, want with the captives, it probably wouldn't hurt to take one that could handle herself as well as some more easily apprehended specimens.))

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

(OOC: For an easy non-lethal takedown, I would say drow poison, but Kensen said no drow poison yet. All of my powers are intended to kill, so I'm the one for killing, not stealing :)

Also, I, for one, welcome our new surface raiding overlords. A thousand blessings on their fragile skulls.

To get back on topic, I propose Rhyldrin and whatever other Striker we have to take out those guards by the fire. Or should we secure the females and then mass slaughter?)
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Thanks to me for splicing them!

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared my explosive runes this morning.

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

8. - Top - End - #38

In 4e, there's no nonlethal damage but you can choose to knock an enemy unconscious instead of killing them. See page 295 (I think). There are three strikers in the party, so with any luck, you should be able to knock out/kill the two guards before they can even react.

And yes, allies are susceptible to clouds of darkness they haven't conjured themselves.
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-09-16 at 07:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

((OOC: as for nonleathal attacks, I have the Sleep spell as my daily. Could be useful in knocking some people out quietly, though I have to hit with it as we will only get one shot with it Other than that I have cantrips which can be used to make a distraction, and got my Ice ray at-will which slows when it hits, good for taking down runners. My encounter power Icy Terrain also makes difficult terrain, which could be used to slow people down as well.))
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-09-16 at 09:00 AM.
    Thog fan 4 life

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC-
    How's this sound?

We use a distraction to draw one of the guards away from the tent area, use 2 strikers to take that one down (permanently if need be) while Ran'zyr hits the other guard with Sleep and the 3rd striker moves in to capture/kill that one. This will help even our odds a bit more as well as keep the noise level down (hopefully). Not sure what kind of firepower Zarrundra is packing but she could work with the 2 strikers on guard one (the curious one).

The third guard (by the inn) can then be taken if need be (not enough females to go around at this point so we have to enter the inn).

What worries me is that we make to much noise and we get a flood of stinky surface dwellers out of the inn while we are still engaged with our first set of targets.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm at the airport so I will have a connection for a couple more hours but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to check back in until tomorrow morning once I leave.

11. - Top - End - #41

((OOC: Well the good thing about sleep is it is burst 2 within 20 squares, so depending on the orientation of the guards I may be able to get more than one.))
    Thog fan 4 life

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC
    Zarrundras powers are all about killing... She can make herself invisible to an enemy though, and slide them... so I guess she'll be on killing duty.))

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

(I like Soul's plan, shall we actually do it now? :))
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

14. - Top - End - #44

((OOC: Sure, let's have Soul's char spread the love around (we could even use Drow sign language for the secret agent factor ) and we'll get to it. ))
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2008-09-18 at 05:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Yes, tell me who does what and in what order... everyone involved will have to make Stealth checks but if you're going to use a ranged attack, the guards get penalties to their Perception checks if you're far enough. The guards are adjacent to the fire, the female one directly to the left of it and the male guard to the right. I'll add map tokens for the PCs and NPCs... soon enough
    Last edited by Kensen; 2008-09-19 at 03:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC-sorry about the delay, home from Texas now and back in the game.

Phaerfryn'da:

Circles south of the tents in preperation for the distraction of the guard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[12] Stealth Check

Once one of the guards is moving away, move in close and prepare to attack (gain combat advantage and attempt a sneal attack)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[28] Stealth Check

After the sleep spell goes off, move to either capture or subdue the closest guard (sneak attack)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[23] (+4 Dex, +1 Dagger, +2 Combat advantage I hope) Sneak Attack, (2d4+4)[12] (Torturous Strike) + (2d6)[4] (backstab) Damage I think I have that calculated correctly, let me know if I messed that up.

If that doesn't drop the target, she uses "cloud of darkness" the next round to keep combat advantage and repeats the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iitiative (1d20+4)[14], (1d20+7)[24] (+4 Dex, +1 Dagger, +2 Combat advantage I hope) Sneak Attack, (1d4+4)[5] (Piercing Strike) + (2d6)[10] (backstab) Damage

If this works out and drops her opponent, she will secure (tie hands and feet, then gag) the guard if female, dispatch if male. Last but not least, she will check on the progress of the others.

OOC-here's hoping I typed that all right the first time

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: Dead game is dead

Spoiler
    Show

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Sadly I think you're right.