New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Clue Revamped IC

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show

Mrs. White frowns, then closes the window.
    "Strange. Must have left it open. It's getting cold in here, isn't it?"
    She takes a platter out of a cupboard and places a handful of cups, the teapot, milk and sugar on it.
    "Would you please come over to the Lounge as well, Colonel? It's certainly more comfortable there."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kitchen:
    Spoiler
    Show

The colonel pulls himself to hit feet, takes another swig of his flask, and addresses Mrs White in a warm, clear voice, "Certainly, my dear. I fear I'll find little comfort today, regardless."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show

The middle aged gardener looked at the corpse of Mr. Black and lowered his eyes.Bloody shame, he was a damn good employer. He shifted back and forth one on foot to the other before Mrs. White offered tea and booze. Given the circumstances, I wouldn't mind some whiskey. He wiped his hands on his dirty shirt and made his way to the Lounge.

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

The gardener walks in, untucking his shirt, thinking propriety was past the group at this point. Of course, he was looking past the dirt and grease stains on the thing. Can't believe that happened. He payed well too, damn shame. Damn shame... Rusty looked down, paused for a moment and then plopped down on a nearby sofa that had an empty seat. I could sure go for something stiff right now.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for taking so long, I work from 8-3 CST and did not know this went up last night.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Rusty entered the lounge, the butler was lying on one of the couches while Mrs. Peacock was simply standing around. The cushions in all the other couches but the one the butler was resting on were overturned and most of the cabinets in the room were open, most notably the liquor cabinet, which was missing several bottles. Most of those bottles were on the table, paired with a bunch of empty to half-full glasses.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #35

Griffon

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

Rusty helps himself to a bottle, not wasting time finding an empty glass. He takes a nip of whiskey, grimaces briefly and then looks around. Y'know Jeeves, if this is how you keep the lounge 'tidy', I'm surprised Black kept you on this long.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The butler groaned.
    "I spent last night cleaning up the dining room. After that I just sort of... I thought it could wait till the morning. I'd clean it right now, but I'm feeling awful and working in light of recent events seems rather untasteful".
    Jeeves rolled over and groaned some more.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

7. - Top - End - #37

Griffon

Lounge

Spoiler
    Show

The gruff man just scoffed, taking another swig. He grimaces again after the whiskey-burn. So they say one of ya'll killed him, eh?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Jeeves was just a sarcastic term Rusty uses for the butler, a high-brow, blueblood twit in the gardener's eyes.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The butler just groaned, not really bringing forth any real reaction.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, but Jeeves actually happens to be his name. I conceived him to be called Jeeves from the beginning of the game, but wasn't really planning to bring it up yet.

9. - Top - End - #39

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm... thats interesting. Do you know where this Colonel Mustard is now, Professor?" Inspector Grey said, considering. He walked over to take a look at the body himself over the Constable Peaches shoulder. "Constable Ocean, I want you to round up some of the guests for questioning, i'll be finding this Colonel Mustard myself."

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, but Jeeves actually happens to be his name. I conceived him to be called Jeeves from the beginning of the game, but wasn't really planning to bring it up yet.
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh. That's pretty funny.

Lounge

Spoiler
    Show
    Mrs. Peacock, feeling a little nervous around all the members of what she considers the 'common class', moves towards the door… and stops. "Er… would you mind if I took a bottle? All this is playing havoc with my nerves, with Mr. Black and I being… well, you know…" She trails off.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Constable Peach turned over Mr. Black's head and let his fingers slide through the corpse's hair.
    Constable Ocean tucked away his knife in his belt.
    "I'm sorry, sir? Round them up? Is there anyone in specific you need? Or should I gather them all in one room? I think most of them are to be found in the lounge, actually, sir"

Staircase, Gray only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Black's corpse had seven stab wounds, two of which delived to the lower chest and the rest to his abdomen. The stabwounds were bloody, but not by far as bloody as they would have been had Mr. Black's heart still been pumping when he was killed. His shirt only had superficial spots of blood on it really, where the stabs had been made. Most of it had run down his legs or dripped onto the stairs.

Then there were the strangling wounds. There was a purple impression on Black's neck, indicating he hadn't been dead when the rope was tied around his neck. Dying, perhaps, but not dead.

Oh, and constable Peach had revealed a third injury. His fingers pulled aside Black's hair, revealing a bloody mark on his head. Blunt object trauma, it seemed. The blood had congealed rather quickly, clotting up with the hair, so the wound hadn't really been noticable up until now.

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The butler just groaned a bit, still not really answering any questions.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-09-10 at 06:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show

Walking back over to the corpse with the inspector, Plum answers, I believe I saw the Colonel heading for the kitchen, but that was a few moments ago. Hearing the constable's comment about the others, Grey turns to hand the talisman to Grey Here is the talisman back; it seems to be in fine condition and I appreciate you letting me inspect it. If the others have moved to the lounge, I believe I'll go join them. With your permission, Inspector?
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

13. - Top - End - #43

STUDY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scarlett was silent for a moment, still livid, and not entirely convinced, but settled for finally storming out to the staircase, leaving the Reverend to his self.

STAIRCASE
    Spoiler
    Show
    The actress came striding to the stairwell looking furious, but quickly brought it under control.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Scarlett came to the staircase she noted most of the others had left. Only the two constables, the inspector and professor Plum were still there. The professor and the inspector seemed to be talking as she entered, while one of the constables was inspecting Mr. Black's corpse which was on the floor in front of the stairs now. He'd unbuttoned his shirt, revealing several stab wounds. The other constable was just sort of standing around, but at least he'd put away that big knife. Another thing that caught Mss. Scarlett's attention was the puddle of vomit next to the stairs.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Study
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slumping his head into his hands after Miss Scarlett left him be, Reverend Green once again spoke out loud to himself:
    "That poor innocent girl, if only she knew why I know she's not to blame! Damn myself to hell!" he yelled out loud before grabbing the plate off the table and throwing it against the wall, smashing it to pieces.
    "How could I have done such a thing!? Raping her innocent body and trying to walk away like nothing happened? All that's left for me now is the wrath of God; the best I can hope for is to take it with humility in his good name."

"But then again, if Miss Scarlett were to find out that I had done such a thing, my punishment would not be at the lord's hands alone, and I would not be repenting the way I should...I have no choice then. I must send the child to the Lord's waiting hands."

Grabbing his notes off of the table and stuffing them into his pockets, the Reverend walked out the room whilst reciting holy verse to himself.

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Reverend Green returns to the staircase, he appears to be chanting to himself for a brief moment before stopping and turning his attention to everyone in the hall.
    "My children, have any of you seen Colonel Mustard? I need to talk to him about a suspicion that's arisen about last night."
    He looks at everyone with a solemn glance, regardless of anything else going on currently in the staircase.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-11 at 10:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reverend arrived at the stairs and found Plum and Gray talking to each other. The two constables and Scarlett are still around too, but the Colonel is nowhere to be seen, and the others have left too. One of the constables was inspecting Black's corpse, which had been laid out in front of the stairs. His shirt was open and showed several stab wounds. Strangly there was also a puddle of vomit next to the stiars that hadn't been there earlier. The constable who wasn't currently occupied looked up.
    "Last time I saw him he was heading for the kitchen, but I think most of the others have joined up in the lounge by now. You should head there too, Mss. Scarlett. Mrs. White was going to make everyone some tea to calm down, I believe"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I will have to wait for tea at the moment: it's important that I find Colonel Mustard soon. Thank you for the suggestion on where to look." Reverend Green replies before humbly bowing his head and heading off for the kitchen.

Kitchen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reverend Green enters the kitchen in his search for Colonel Mustard.

18. - Top - End - #48

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, yes, everyones already in one place. Its the Colonel I want to talk to most." Grey said fussily, pocketing the amulet when Plum handed it to him, "Of course, Professor, you are free to wander the premises. If you find anything out of the ordinary, please report it to me or one of the Constables." He said, watching the corpse and noticing all these strange injuries. The Inspector wrote a few things down in his notebook, and leaned in for a closer look. "Very strange, wouldn't you say, Peach?" He muttered, mostly to himself.

Inspector Grey looked back up from where the body was previously hanging, and stroked his chin, before looking at the two new guests that had entered. About to question the woman, what the Reverend had said brought his attention. Unfortunately, before he could get to him, he left. He walked over to and followed the Reverend to the kitchen. "Constable Ocean, if you would join me..."

Kitchen
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good evening, sir, can I ask you a few questions?" He said, catching up to the reverend, a slight gleam in his eye.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2008-09-11 at 02:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately the reverend was gone before Gray had the chance to question him. Meanwhile constable Peach was buttoning Black's shirt again.

Kitchen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reverend found both Mrs. White and Colonel Mustard in the kitchen, both apparently about to leave. Mrs. White was carrying a tray full of teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar on it. The Colonel on the other hand was just tucking away a metal flask. The only other remarkable thing about the kitchen was a pile of dishes from last night.

EDIT: Edited according to edited post above.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-09-11 at 02:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Colossus in the Playground

Kitchen

Spoiler
    Show

"If the Gentlemen would excuse me, I'll go serve the tea now."
    Balancing the quite full tray, she leaves for the Lounge.

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

Entering with a tray full of teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar, Mrs. White enters the room.
    "Here we are, then. Who wants milk and/or sugar?"

21. - Top - End - #51

Lounge:
    Spoiler
    Show

Closely behind Mrs White, the cololnel hunches into the room, slouching into the nearest seat with a lazy wave of his hand. His face is quite pale.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slightly annoyed at missing the Colonel, Reverend Green decides to wait until he can be alone with him before taking his first step. In the meantime, he'd deal with the inspector.

"Yes Inspector please, ask your questions away."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Mrs. White entered the room she found the gardener and Mrs. Peacock standing around, both with a glass of whiskey in their hands. There were plenty more glasses on the table from the night before, some empty and some half-full. The liquor cabinet was open and several bottles were now on the table. The cushions of one of the couches were overturned, while the other couch was occupied by the butler lying on it and faintly groaning.

OOC
    Sharikov, you need to mention in a spoiler that you're leaving a certain room. You're in the lounge now, but please don't make that mistake in the future. It's very confusing, especially for those in the room you left.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-09-12 at 04:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Griffon

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

The gardener offers the Colenol a glass of whiskey without making eye contact. I'd think you'd prefer a man's drink to tea.

25. - Top - End - #55

Lounge

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, hello," says Mrs. Peacock, waving a mostly-full liquor glass. "You know, got to take the tension off somehow."
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

26. - Top - End - #56

Staircase
    Spoiler
    Show

Plum walks to the lounge to find the others.

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

Upon entering the lounge, Plum addresses those still there It's not official yet, but I believe the inspectors would like us all to remain here and I imagine they'll be in to question us.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

STAIRCASE

Spoiler
    Show
    Finding herself alone with a cop and a corpse, Miss Scarlett turned about and left for the lounge. In her experience, neither police nor dead men were very much good company

LOUNGE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miss Scarlett seemed to have composed herself as she entered the Lounge, although the discerning observer might have noticed a slightly shaky right hand, the only idiosyncracy giving away her act. She quietly sat, and looked about the room
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

28. - Top - End - #58

Lounge

Spoiler
    Show
    Mrs. Peacock sighs. "Alright. Better make myself comfortable." She sits down on the nearest couch… which happens to be the same one where the butler is lying. With a cry, Mrs. Peacock leaps up into the air. "Oh my! I'm so very sorry!"
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-09-11 at 06:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lounge was quite crowded now. Except for the butler who was lying on one of the couches and Scarlett who sat down on the other no-one had taken a seat yet. To make herself comfortable Scarlett had to put the cushion back into the couch, because most cushions had been taken out for some reason. Most cabinets were open as well, including, obviously, the liquor cabinet. There were bunches of bottles sprawled about the table and even more glasses, most from the night before. One of the open cabinets showed a whole collection of glasses though, so there was no need to re-use them. In any case, the table was pretty much full, leaving no room for the tray Mrs. White was holding with some teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar on it.

The only people who weren't in the lounge were the reverend, the inspector and the two constables.

30. - Top - End - #60

Lounge
    Spoiler
    Show

Sensing the general mood of the room, Plum moves to the liquor cabinet and pours himself some rum. Colonel, I believe both the reverend the inspector were looking for you. They were both just near the staircase, but may have moved on, so I'm not sure whether to suggest you look for them or stay here and wait for them to figure it out. He takes a sip of his drink and the queries the room Can I get anyone a drink while I'm here?
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show