New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Rise of the Neohumans [IC]

"Something tells me you haven't been paying much attention."

Samuel pointed to the pencil which moved on its own.

"It looks like telekinesis, but it's more than that. In fact, I can temporally alter matter at the molecular level. By doing that, I am able to bring inanimate objects to life, in a matter of speaking. I call this power "animation". The targeted object follows a simple command of my choosing. It isn't always the most useful power."

The pencil fell on the table, inert. Samuel picked up the sheet of paper and showed his fellow neohumans what was written on it : complete gibberish.

"I am also capable of establishing a mental link with an object, thus accessing the "sensory memory". This way I can learn about its previous owners and locations. To tell you the truth, I don't really have power over this ability. It's more passive in nature."

Dantès stepped up and paced around the table. He finally stopped next to Joseph. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, looking fully concentrated.

"Joseph, I'd ask you to punch me. I want to showcase my last power. Don't worry, you don't risk anything."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-01 at 09:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Joseph shrugs, and then stands up, walks over, and punches him.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doctor
    The Doctor stood outside, relatively unsure what to do. Finally he took a cellphone out of his trenchcoat and dialed.
    "Hello? This is the doctor speaking. Yes, that's right"
    He pauzed, tapped his foot and wrinkled his brow.
    "Transportation. I need a car and two motorcycles, manned. The car needs tinted windows"
    He nodded, even though the person on the other side couldn't see him.
    "Yes. One free operation. Sure, if that's what you'd like. Five years, but you have to provide the materials. Alright, I'll be expecting your men"
    He hung up and smiled, then he took place where he'd agreed to meet the men. The place happened to have a nice view of Nexus' house, even though it was surrounded by trees, and hard to see from the house.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Joseph punched him...and his arm went right through the man's body, like it wasn't even there. In fact, Joseph didn't felt anything. Samuel smiled and took a few steps back.

"The ability to phase through matter, to become intangibile. Isn't that fun?"

5. - Top - End - #65

Joseph looks at his arm and moves it around a bit, clearly somewhat displeased with its performance. He takes a seat again, leaning back. "Well, I guess it's my turn now. Mine seem somewhat simplistic in comparison. I can...well, let me demonstrate." He stands up. "Samuel? You're turn. Face me, with your back to the wall." (I'll assume that Samuel complies for the sake of speeding this along.) Once Samuel is in position, Joseph moves over and stands behind him. Then he seems to slide into the ground. Nicholas feels a small tap on his shoulder, as Joseph slides back up. "Shadow jumping is the first of my abilities. I can move into a shadow and come out a different one. I can even take people with my. Next..." he blinks, and his eyes open a glowing red. "I can see in Infrared," Blink, eyes are a lusterless white, "Echolocation," Blink, eyes are normal again, "Or regular human spectrum. I also get somewhat stronger, faster, and more agile, depending on how dark it is." He smiles somewhat unpleasantly. "Finally, I have Umbrakinesis." Joseph raises a hand, and shadows around the room stream to it. He straightens it, and the collected shadows move forward, lifting the table off the ground. Joseph drops it, sweat dripping from his forehead, and the shadows disperse. "Sorry, I kind of overstretched myself. It's hard to lift anything I couldn't physically. Anyway, that's about it." He shrugs. "So what now?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"So do we choose code names or what?"

It was difficult to say if Samuel was joking or not.

7. - Top - End - #67

Joseph shrugs. "That's probably wise, if we want to conceal our identities before we get official backing. But there's another question: how do we want to get the positive attention of the authorities? I can only think of one thing that would quickly establish us and garner positive thought. Does anyone else have an idea?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Nexus

As the other two talked, Nicholas was busy fiddling with a computer display, his face displaying a certain amount of irritation. Looks like we're not alone, folks. Someone's showing up on the sensors. At first I thought it was just someone out for a day in the country, but they've been idling there a while... bringing them up on screen...

A section of monitor flickered, showing a clear image of the limo they'd seen earlier. Nexus smiled quietly. About what I'd expected. SARAH, lock down the surface elevators, close the concealed blast doors, and ready the perimeter defenses. Also, open up vaults Gamma and Delta. I'd like a little hardware in case we have trouble.

A massive metal door at the opposite end of the room from where they'd entered slid open, revealing another elevator I'd planned on waiting on showing you this for a bit later, but... Want to see the Vaults?

9. - Top - End - #69

Joseph raises his eyebrows. "Yes, that sounds quite interesting."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Nexus

Beckoning the other two, Nicholas stepped into the elevator. Pressing a complicated series of keys on a pad that displayed not letters but runes, the elevator began to move downwards rapidly. As they moved, Nexus began to explain The Vaults are where I keep all the things I've bothered to permanently conjure up over time. It takes a good deal of time and effort to make something stick around in our reality, so anything I want to have on a permanent basis has to be brought in beforehand. Thus, the vaults. I've organised them by power level and equipment type, in that order. First stop is Gamma. that's where I store class-one armors.

The elevator opened, and Nicholas stepped out, going through another series of identification, once more giving a blood sample, voice sample, retina scan and palm print. The vault door was a massive construct, and covered in a shimmering field of sapphire energy.

The monitoring systems in each vault are independent of all outside systems and have their own power sources. The lower vaults are, of course, more heavily shielded. The door opened, revealing a fairly large room. Several suits of medieval armor stood next to racks that held ultramodern-looking sets of mesh weave. Nexus moved over to a rack that held several belts. After a moment, he selected one and put it on If there's anything you want to know about, just ask. And if you've got something in mind in particular, let me know. I might have something around to fit your needs. I reccomend at least grabbing one of these belts - hand things. Generate a kinetic dampener field. Subtle, invisible, and it reduces a high calibre bullet to about the level of a particularly hard punch. It won't stop a tank shell, but it means some punk with a .22 won't be taking you down anytime soon. I'm wearing an armorweave undersuit to go along with it. If you want one, I've got a couple spare. He pointed to a trio of one-piece black skintight items that resembled a diver's suit.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doctor
    The doctor seemed relieved as the car and the bikes finally arrived. He stepped out of cover of the bushes he'd been standing in and gave them a wave. They stopped in the middle of the road and one of the bikers walked up to him and took his helmet off. He was by no means fat but he certainly was large. Bits of the left side of his face had were sort of scrambled up, his left ear was sort of a mess and he was missing a bit of his hair. The rest of it was combed back and covered in gel. He shook the doctor's hand and then spit on the floor.
    "Where do you need us?"
    "Nowhere, for now. We just need to be patient for a while. I would like you to hide the vehicles though. I'm not too fond of exposure"
    The man gave him a nod and waved at the others to go down the road. The vehicles quickly manoeuvred into cover.
    "Think we're gonna be waiting long?" the man asked, lighting a smoke.
    "I hope not..." the doctor answered.
    The second biker came out of the bushes, also taking off his helmet. He was asian, and while small still quite buff. He took the bike that was still on the road by hand and rode it into the bushes.
    "What is this about?"
    "It's complicated. Neos are involved. I'd rather stay off the radar, if that's at all possible"
    "Neos?"
    The man almost choked on his cigarette.
    "Yeah, staying off the radar sounds good. I don't like freaks"
    The doctor arched an eyebrow.
    "No personal offence"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

12. - Top - End - #72

Joseph picks up one of the belts and puts it on. "Thanks."