New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Songs of Lothlorien IC

Smelkie Greenhopper

"Come Tathar, i'll light your lantern. Just hold it still, I don't want to burn my feet again."

As the group is discusses wheter to move the coffn or not, Smelkie pust his head down and squeezes through the gap in search of Apricot.
    Carefully inspecting the gap he holds up his lantern calling for Apricot with his voice lowered.
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-09-28 at 05:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"I am just trying to find a way to explore without disturbing the coffin. If there is no other way then we will do what we must, but I just don't think moving this would be the best idea"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd minyatur

Amd sits doing nothing ...

"Hmm ..."
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-09-28 at 01:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

grumbling Tori spits into his hands and begins to pull the casket. he notes that is fellow companions are also getting ready to help him

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All except Smelkie

After some discussion you all decide to try and pull the coffin out of the sepulcher so you can access the hole behind it. It takes you all a few minutes, but in the end the damn thing is dragged out and the hole is free.

Tathar enters the hole first, holding his lantern high, Tori follows after, then comes Amd and Stockard closes the line again...

Smelkie

Smelkie crawls over the coffin and into the hole. The hole is actually a very short tunnel, maybe ten feet in length. Smelkie notices how after two feet of solid earth, the walls of the tunnel turn into natural rock. The tunnel comes out in a larger cave, with easily a fifteen feet diameter, the cave goes on both to left and right, though the left side seems to have a slight curve upwards in it.

You spot Apricot sitting a few yards away chewing on what appear to be the remains of a small rodent, probably a rat. After confirming Apricot is ok and there being no enemies near, you investigate your direct surroundings a bit better and you discover tracks on the cave floor. They are old and barely discernible, you actually only discovered them because you were bored and tried to figure out what Apricot was eating based on the prints it left, but you think they are humanoid and they seem to be going both ways.

All

At this point the others come stumbling down the tunnel and the five of you are together again. Apricot rushes to Tathar and drops the remains of the rodent at his feet.

[OOC:
    To move the coffin, a strength check was needed, that happened as such: Tori took the main role, being the strongest. Because of this he can take 20 (for rules on taking 20, see players handbook), giving him a score of 24. Tathar, Amd and Stockard all assisted Tori, this allows them to give Tori a +2 on his strength check IF they roll a strength check of 10+ of their own.
    All three made this strength check (Tathar had 18, Amd had 15 and Stockard had 13) so they added an additional +6 to the roll, making for a final strength check of 30, which happened to be exactly enough to make the DC for moving the coffin.
    Just so you all understand ;)
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-09-28 at 04:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Struggling along with Tori and the others Tathar is pleased when the coffin is finally moved.

"Apricot! I'm so glad you're alright." Tathar says falling to his knees to hug his badger.
    "Oh and you too Smelkie, What have you discovered?"
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-29 at 03:17 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

After getting out of the tunel , he finds himself in the cave ...

"Alright everyone we should press on , i feel we are gettig close to something . We should be on our toes . Who knows what made the tracks on the ground . Probably orcs or something ..."

Amd starts boiling inside , thinking of what the orc did to his beautifull elven home . He tryes to contain himself .

"Are we ready , ladies ? "
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-09-29 at 11:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"I agree, we should explore the tunnel. I don't know why there would be such a cave branching off these tombs, but it seems we were not meant to enter it. Maybe we can find out about our enemies in here. I say we walk as a group, down the cave until we find something important. Keep your eyes peeled. "

The cave may prove to be less hospitable than the tomb was, but I do feel like we may find something important here, something we were not meant to find. It is hard to believe that we have ventured this far without finding anything substantial about why exactly we are here. What could it be that has been causing the disturbances around town?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

"we should proceed with the utmost caution, disrupting crypts may lead in angering spirits who do not want their eternal slumber to come to an end."

Tori begins to move the whole

10. - Top - End - #100

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

"Well we could go further into the cave, trying to find out what made those tracks. Its clear that something has been here before. But then we dont know what else is in the Masoleum, just keep that in mind as we move on from here."

Smelkie checks for how much time he has oil left. "Tathar, save that oil from your lamp. We will light it once mine is almost empty. Shall i take the lead again. I dont think we will encounter any traps, but its better to be safe than sorry. Let us get going."

Smelkie starts walking towards the left side of the cave.
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-10-01 at 02:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"A good idea that is Smelkie." Tathar says blowing the flame from his lantern.
    "Show me these tracks that you discovered with my knowledge of nature I should be able to determine which creature they came from."

[OOC - Knowledge: Nature Check?? To determine what kind of animal it is.]

As Smelkie moves towards the left hand side of the cave Tathar calls out "I'll be there in a second, don't go far." and proceeds to investigate the tracks.

12. - Top - End - #102

RedWizardGuy

All

Tathar quickly figures out the tracks weren't made by animals and relays this information to the group as he rejoins them. With Smelkie in the lead, the group progresses upwards through the tunnel and after walking about ten minutes, you can feel and smell a change in the air, followed shortly after by hearing normal wildlife sounds (birds chirping, insects buzzing, etc). Following one more curve you see daylight ahead and as you go outside, you see the tunnel comes out at a very small hill.

Since you guys can't see the mausoleum anywhere, you logically deduce there must be some distance between this tunnel opening and the mausoleum. Since there is nothing else of interest outside, except for Tathar maybe, the decision to go back into the tunnel and follow it the other way is quickly made.

So again with Smelkie in the lead the group proceeds through the tunnel, this time going downwards. When they approach the spot where they entered the tunnel in the first place, they hear a female voice calling out if anyone is there...

Layla

Layla happened to be traveling through Marksville earlier today and heard from the townspeople about the problems and the brave group of heroes who are gonna take care of the problem. Wishing to help out, she travels in the direction of the mausoleum, catching up with the soldiers about halfway on the journey. After some discussion the lieutenant decides to send two soldiers along with her to get her there fast and safely.
    Once at the mausoleum, she follows the clear trail the group has left behind, until she creeps through the hole into the tunnel. Having no idea which way they went at that point, she decides to call out, hoping the right people will hear it...

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crawling into the dark tunnel, Layla casts Light on her drawn Longsword. Keeping the longsword onfront of her to light the way, and to ward off possible attackers.

"OI! anyone here?"

Listening to the echo's Layla waits for anwser. Hmmm, what did i get myself into... Helping out a bunch of idioots, that you dont know still live.. Doesnt even seem they left behing marks to show them the way back out! Way to go girl..

Crawling forward slowly layla moves her sword in a half cirlce in front of her, examaning the tunnel she appears to be in, hoping someone will have heard her cry. oh dear, what if who heard my silly ass yelling isnt one of the good guys...
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-07 at 04:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

faintly hearing a voice echo softly down the tunnel, Tori halts and hopes to here it again. Not wanting to fall into a trap Tori crouches and firmly grips his axe hoping that the rest of the party will also be cautious. I don't know who or what made that call but it did not sound too deep or too far. A female perhaps or a trap, id rather meet up with the first of the two any day.

Tori continues to move slowly back down.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Someone is coming, though we have encountered no enemies capable of speaking yet. I find it hard to believe that if we were infiltrating their property, that they would call out to see if anyone is around...

Stockard sees a light begin to come towards their group, which only reaffirms his thoughts that this being is not looking to harm them.

"Who goes there? It may not be wise to call out looking for others in a place where certain enemies lurk. However, we must see who your enemies are, and who your friends are. Myself and my 4 companions have been sent here to discover and quell the queerness of this place. Is your purpose similar?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Walking back to the entrance to the tunnel the parties silence is broken by what appears to be a female voice coming down to them.

I wonder who that could be and what they are doing here. Tathar thinks to himself.

"Remember those tracks we saw earlier everybody. They were definitely not animal tracks, we need to be careful around here. I'm still trying to properly identify them"

[ooc: Survival check on the tracks - they seem to be going both directions I recall - I'm assuming they are still here else hold off on this till we see it obv.]

Tathar continues along the tunnels with Apricot at his feet constantly sniffing the ground.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-07 at 05:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

A tall slender young women comes walking up to the voices, holding a a shining longsword. She's dressed in simple brown cloathing, with a sturdy cloack. You can see the glittering of metal under her top coat. Her hair appears light, its long and curling, her face is round, with a open look to it. It seems like she's had a hard time of it lately with some leave in her hair and a streek of dirt on her cheek. Those with good eyes in the dark can tell that her hair is blond, and her eyes are a deep grey blue. She carries a almost emptie backpack on her back, with a blanked tied over the top.

"Hi? Are you all here to help with the problems around this mosoleum? I'm Layla, i've been asked to help you out."

Holding her longsword to the side she holds out her other hand to the nearest person that seems inclined to shake it.

"So... found anything yet? What exectly is this place?"
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-07 at 05:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Feeling a bit nervous about getting into close range, especially without Tori at his side, Stockard decides to have a word with this stranger before stepping up to her.

[Roll sense motive check]

Sensing that Layla is truly there for the party's help, Stockard nods to his companions, as if to let them know he believes her. He eventually walks up to Layla, extending his hand to shake hers. "It is nice to see another here. I will tell you personally that we will take all the help we can get. As far as this place, it appears so far to be a tomb..." Stockard then explains what has happened so far since they entered the building. He does, however, forget to tell her about how he wanted to leave the place after the encounter with the skeletons.

"Oh, and m'Lady, I am Stockard. I shall let my companions introduce themselves, should they feel so inclined. "

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Layla nods as she listends to Stockard telling his story of what has happend sofar. Hmmmm, looks like this lill group is a mess sofar. Individual they sound usefull, but as a group...

Layla walks with Stockard to the rest of the group, and once again introduces herself, while taking a good look at her future party members. "Hi people, i'm Layla, as maybe you heard. I was send here to lend a hand. So... What is everyone's strong point? Might be good to know before we run into someone or something that doesnt like us..."

Taking a good look at the men standing around her Layla takes a mental deep breath. Oh dear, they didnt pick this group on looks did they? I do hope the light inhere is just unflattering...

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Tathar notices Stockard's nod and concludes that this newcomer must be here to help.
    "Greetings fellow traveller. My name is Tathar Elendil and this is my badger Apricot. It is a pleasure to meet you." Tathar says kneeling in front of Layla as is the custom in his town of birth.

"As far as strengths go, being a Half-Elf I am naturally fairly intelligent. And though still starting out at the moment I have been healing these two over here and it's coming along quite nicely." pointing at Stockard and Tori.

This new lass looks fairly confident, perhaps she'll be a great asset to our team, as much as a woman can (and a human one at that).
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-08 at 08:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Tori stroll up beside the new comer and extends a hand upward. Upon doing so Tori notices the sword and mail armor. tis a pleasure ta meet ye young las, i be tori. have ye come to lend some assistance to thee party. Tori laughs and crinkles his face, not only has she seen a few fights but she is very lovely. you see dwarf women arent the greatest, and all look pretty much the same. no variety like the other races. touching his axe its fair to assume what his role in the group is
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-08 at 08:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Giving Tathar a simple curtisy (you can tell she's had a bit of practice) and shaking Tori's hand, Layla greets them both. "Nice to meet you to. I do hope i can be of assistance."

Noticing Tori looking at her, Layla subcontiously runs a hand over her hair, picking out some of the leaves and noticing the braid she'd put in that morning has come loose. Blushing she goes on: "Oh.. Errhmm, it seems i lost the string that tied down my hair somewhere in the bushes around this place.."
    Ogh, ofcoaurs the first time i meet these ppl i'm covered i dirt n stuff...
    Rummaging trough her pack she diggs up a new bit of string, and with obvious ease she rebraids her hair in quick decisive movements.

"Did i meet y'll now?" Looking around she notices a last party member in the dark. "Hello sir, i didnt catch your name?"
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-08 at 08:45 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

"That may be because i didn't say it yet. My name is Amd Minyatur "

Amd inspects the newcommer with one look , then turns away , and drifts off , still troubled by the memmories that came up a while ago .

"Now before we get to what is our favourite colour , can we moove on . We do have a timeframe to find out what is happening over here ... In case you forgot ..."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

[ooc sorry ,double post]
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-08 at 01:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

"A time frame? Sigh, ofcaurs they forgot to mention that bit to me... Still, i feel things move faster if you know eachother. That saves time from miscommunications and all. Plus less risk of someome getting hurt ofcaurs."

Layla scrugs Friendly chap...
    Looking around, she seems to make a disision "Well, we can talk and further introduce oneanother while walking on i guess. As long as everyone keeps their eyes open, and ears sharp. Was there a order to who walked where? Becaus i suggest our best scout walks up front, with the dwarf here second. I will make up rearguard. If there's a fight in the front, make sure there's room for me to get there, i dont to well from longdistance fighting."

26. - Top - End - #116

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Walking back downwards into the cave Smelkie notices the whole group heard a voice. As they enter the cave again the group starts walking towards a human female who just entered the way the group came in as well.

Some conversation starts, while Smelkie stands in the background thinking things over. Sigh, the more people, the lesser the share of any treasure we might find. Burial chambers usually store valuables.... I should continue taking the lead, could come in handy...

27. - Top - End - #117

RedWizardGuy

All

When the whole party is done getting acquainted, you resume your course, Layla now taking up the rear. Continuing further into the natural cave, you notice the cave gets wetter, you hear soft dripping of water every now and then and the walls get that smooth water-erosion look. Shortly after, small patches of a strange dark grey moss start appearing on the walls and even some on the floor and ceiling. Going on the moss increases in volume as it soon covers most of the walls, although the ceiling and floor stay mostly unaffected.

A few minutes later you come upon a small stream crossing your path, no more than two feet across. Smelkie moves to jump over it, but halts very suddenly at the very last moment... something is not quite right. There is a large patch of the moss on the floor right across the stream.
    Carefully Smelkie wades through the water and inspects the moss, discovering it is only a cover for the eight feet deep pit below it. The pit is filled with several large and sharp-looking wooden stakes.

Everyone now aware of the danger, the group carefully moves past the pit and continues on. On and on the tunnel dwindles, when suddenly Smelkie turns around a corner and spots a most unsual sight a little ahead. No more than twenty feet ahead in the tunnel, a single goblin lies sleeping on the floor, using a large patch of the moss as a pillow. He or she snores slightly, barely audible to Smelkie now.

[OOC:
    If any of you wish to do any checks at some point during the above description (like at the stream of water, or the moss or whatever), just say so and put it in your post, I will then roll the check and edit the result into this post.
    ]

28. - Top - End - #118

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Moving on, after having done the formalities and some grumbling, the group finds a waterstream where they halt for a second. As they decide to move on, Smelkie notices a true deathtrap across. Clearly this is a sign of life down in this cave.

"Ok gang, this trap proves that there is someone down here, that doesn't want any uninvited guests (pointing at the trap). We should be on guard, let's move on and keep our eyes and ears open" He looks at the elves in the party.

Making their way further in the cave Smelkie suddenly stops in his tracks and turns around, gesturing to hold and keep still putting his finger to his lips.
    In a whispering tone he start talking.

"Shhh, around the corner i spotted a gobling sleeping about 7 meters from us, if you keep quiet you can hear it snoring. Amd, Tathar keep an ear out if he stops suddenly. This may indicate he is woken up. Let me go up ahead to sneak up upon him and kill him. Once the coast is clear ill come back to get you guys."
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-10-08 at 03:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Layla almost runs into the person in front of her as Smelkie comes back in a hurry.
    After listening to what Smelkie has to say, she softly wispers back :
    "Do be carefull that this isnt another trap though. Approach with cautoin, we dont want you to get stuck in a attack all by yourself. Me and Tori will wait at the corner to come help you if nessesary."

Moving to the front, just behind the turn Layla takes a second to find a calm in herself as Smelkie moves off. Shannanna bless me, as i will attempt to protect the weak and help the good.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Turning to Layla Tori asks in barely a whisper. sooo their wee lassy tell me abit about ye self..
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-08 at 04:01 PM.