New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The end of the world, d20 Modern/Future

Greg

"Tom, you there? I need to load stuff up."

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin realizes that he was confusing airsoft for air guns, and starts looking for those instead. ((taking 20)).

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gunner helps finish loading up their new rig, and, just as he turned around, was handed a rifle and a pistol....odd.

Ummm...alright? I can't really shoot them, but I'll keep 'em safe for ya..anyways, you guys ready to get goin'?

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick

"I'll drive, and shooting a pistol is nothing hard, just aim and squeeze the trigger. Nothing to it."
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

5. - Top - End - #155

Yeah....that's what they told me about keeping a ruptured spleen secure...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

6. - Top - End - #156

A

Martin can easily find a few Pistols or Rifles, it looks like the looters took the real guns but pretty much ignored these.

((Remember that pistols take a Co2 Cartridge, but Rifles don't from what it looks like.))

Greg calls out to Thompson, and Thompson looks up, then rises a moment later and comes to the side of the vehicle.

I killed 'em man. Civilians. They just wanted a ride... They wouldn't listen...

His eyes dart back and forth to the bleeding corpses and away again.

B

Everyone can load up with Kendrick, Gunnar, JB and this friend in the car, and Ken on the bike.

The short ride passes rather uneventfully. Somehow, the city seems even more dead than before.

Reunited!

As Thompson is suffering a mental break down, the Convoy from Ken's house arrives. They can see the two dead bums face down a little ways away from the Humvee.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

Greg switches to a much softer tone of voice. He didn't want to sound confrontational, Tom had just been through an ordeal. "Dude, it's okay. You did what you had to. You just need to calm down a bit. Help me load this stuff up, there are other people in this world that need help, we can't forget about them."

Greg checks the bodies to see if there are any signs of life. If there aren't, then he tries to think of a way to dispose them without causing contamination. Afterwards, he starts loading the supplies into the humvee.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-10-11 at 05:48 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #158

The couple of large caliber machine gun wounds to the chest on both victims identify cause of death. There is a dumpster nearby that would allow relatively safe, if crude, disposal.

Thompson begins to come around.

They weren't armed or nothin'. I told 'em to go to the shelter, we didn't have room for more people... but they kept coming. All moanin' and stuff. *ahem* Anyway yea, we need to look out for our own.... wait....

He looks at a watch on his wrist.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. We better move our asses! We're within the scheduled attack time! Where the hell are the other two?! This sobering thought seems to bring him around.

((Martin and Tim can be on their way out by now, and arrive shortly))

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"Scheduled attack? They're bombing us!?" Greg loads the supplies as fast as he can, trying not to panic.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

10. - Top - End - #160

The projections they briefed us on said that an alien attack force could be here any time now... Crap, I hadn't even thought of what our forces are going to be shooting. We really need to leave.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I'm going to get a cart, I'll be right back." Martin says to Greg. He goes and gets a cart ((I should have thought of bringing a cart from the beginning. :P)) and brings it and loads all the air pistols, riffles, Co2 Canisters and bullets he can find. As well as any real guns and ammo he found. "We probability should get back to the others."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick

"Crap! Really! Ok load up quick, just give me a second." Kendrick runs to the opening of the store and yells at the top of his lungs."GUYS COME ON WERE LEAVING NOW! LOAD UP." then he runs back to the car and turns it on revs the engine and prepares to leave.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

13. - Top - End - #163

Gunner was happy to reunite with the others, a big grin spread across his face....that was, of course, until he learned of the impending attack.

How could you not tell us this?! No! It doesn't matter, we need to get the feth out of here! Pack your stuff, and load it up!

Gunner moves to try and help people load up and grab last minute things.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Tim finishes rummaging around. He puts the shells into one of the pockets on the front of his vest and then puts the machete he finds into his bag then stands up. He then sling the shot gun over his shoulder as he walks out of the store and back to the Humvee.

Once Tim makes it to the Humvee he climbs in and and looks around
    "Everyone here?"
    Last edited by FascistKarp; 2008-10-13 at 11:24 AM.
    90% of all statistics are made up. Put this in your sig if you make up statistics

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin heads out with Tim. "I think that's everyone."

16. - Top - End - #166

Just as everyone is about to load up, Ken happens to spot something in the sky once again! These are clearly the same types of things he saw earlier. He can manage to get the Binocs ready in time,and gets a closer look. They appear to be moving across the horizon quite fast. He can't inspect them closely as they are moving quickly and hard to focus on, and the Binocs only zoom so close. They appear to be some sort of Rain-drop shaped black metal vehicle of some kind. They are streaming a white jet of smoke... or steam behind them, out of the skinny part of the Raindrop shape. There are two that he can see, one is larger than the other from your perspective, so it looks like they are heading for different places and are farther apart than they seem from the ground.

If you didn't know better, they would look like Bombs, but even the biggest bombs probably wouldn't be visible from as far away as these things look to be.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-10-18 at 06:19 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"I know you're already stressed out right now, but this is the time to leave. Gun it!"

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

18. - Top - End - #168

Let's get outta here! Those things are goin' somewhere, and I dun wanna be here to find out were, GO!

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, give me one . . . . . . ." The Humvee starts "There we go." Tim asks really quickly, "To the base, right boss?"

Tim then pops the Humvee into drive and then heads back to the base

Spoiler
    Show

Drive check:
    (1d20+11)[27]
    You know, just in case
    90% of all statistics are made up. Put this in your sig if you make up statistics

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin hangs on as the Humvee lurches foreword suddenly. "Wiag! Careful. We don't want to crash!"
    Last edited by Foolster41; 2008-10-21 at 07:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Tim is able to gun it and keep control of the large vehicle. As you make your drive back, you can start to see more and more of these pods. A few are close enough that you can tell they will be landing somewhere fairly close.

Tim dodges a few road obstacles while keeping a high speed and will make a short trip out of the normally 30 min or so ride. The car can follow Tim as well. However, just as the Hanger you departed from comes back into view, you finally see what you all have been dreading. At the mouth of the hanger is one of the large drop pods. It looks like a sleek black metal with engravings looking like circuitry running all over it. A large triangle section appears to be missing, the inside of the pod looks very dark. Obviously this one has opened and whatever was inside appears to be out now.

You can start to hear scattered gunfire from somewhere in the city, but it's still quite faint and sporadic.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-10-22 at 05:19 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"W-wh-at is...can someone please tell me this isn't real? I don't care if it is, just say it!" Greg is shivering with fear. All he can think of is that he's going to die and have a cheap funeral.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick

Kendrick brings the car to a slow stop, and shifts it into park in front of the pod. He unbuckles his seat belt and slowly exits the vehicle, walking slowly towards the drop pod. "Do you guys know what this is. This is huge! This is ... everything. This is proof of intelligent life in the universe. I always assumed but I never expected, not in my life time, to actually see proof. Kendrick proceeds to walk towards the strange pod, almost in a daze, hands slightly outstretched towards the opening.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

As Kendrick attempts to stop the car, Greg starts screaming at the top of his lungs. "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING, YOU ****TARD!? KEEP ****ING DRIVING OR WE'RE ALL DEAD!" If Kendrick actually leaves, Greg hops into the driver's seat and drives off without him.

OOC: To be honest, your character is acting like an idiot. You're leaving the rest of us alone, for something that could be in all likelihood a weapon. Are you in the belief that just because the DM put it there, it's not going to kill you?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-10-22 at 09:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin

When they stop, Martin loads the air riffle and points it to the drop ship. "I don't like the looks of this."
    When Greg jumps in the front seat, Martin puts his hand on the driver's shoulder. "Wait, what about the people in there? They may need our help! It's only one drop ship and we have weapons."

26. - Top - End - #176

Wha....what the hell is that?! We need to get around it..or...destroy it...or SOMETHING!

It's obvious that he's never seen anything like this, heh, who could have? He's seen some bad things, but this one of the only things to truly scare him..

When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks also into you...

That was the one thing that popped into his head that he would actually remember later...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"Where do you think I'm going? We're going to drop off our supplies and do what we came to do. What the rest of you do next is of no consequence to me. I just want to get to the other civilians and drop off these ****ing supplies, got it!?" Greg can feel his blood pressure rising, he thinks to himself that he should have swallowed some anti-anxiety meds back at the Walmart.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

28. - Top - End - #178

Interrupting everything is the loud gunfire of a large caliber machinegun, fired nearby. Very Nearby.

Thompson fires off about 15 rounds suddenly, he had manned the gun as soon as the pod came into sight. Looking in the direction his barrel is facing, you don't see anything suspicious except some new bullet holes in a building on the edge of the block behind you about 20 yards away.

He seems a little shaky, and doesn't say anything at first.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

After hearing the shells tink and tank all over the floor and roof of the Humvee Tim turns to Thompson "You okay up there?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin

"What was it?"

((I'm a little confused by the order of action here. I assume the gunfire stopped Greg from driving off, right? Also, I had thought the pod was right in front of the bunker, so driving wouldn't be necessary to get to the bunker since we're there. ))