New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Destro Yersul's Dangerously Distracting and Doubtlessly Disturbing Random Banter

I like the first Mortal Kombat, think it's awesome, the second one...not so much.

Oh right, you were joking, that makes sense.

FF: Advent Children was very flawed, you needed to have seen FFVII, it's got bad pacing really and the plot would have been better if they made it a sequel game like DoC. Doesn't work as a movie, works as a really long cutscene though.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Destro Yersul's Dangerously Distracting and Doubtlessly Disturbing Random Banter

Being the horribly superficial person that I am, my friends had to lure me into Final Fantasy with Crisis Core. Shiny graphics...

My problem is that I kinda know the plot now.

Also, I don't understand why people are so attached to Aerith. Though I did cry buckets when
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zack died.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Street Fighter was awful. My sister decided to watch AC dispite not playing FF7, and she said it was good apart from the pointless cameos and the fact that the last half an hour was weird.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    Being the horribly superficial person that I am, my friends had to lure me into Final Fantasy with Crisis Core. Shiny graphics...
    Well our plan worked, didn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    My sister decided to watch AC dispite not playing FF7, and she said it was good apart from the pointless cameos and the fact that the last half an hour was weird.
    She might not have found the last half hour wierd if she had played through FF7 (but for some people, doing so didn't help, which is fair enough considering how strange the plot of Advent Children is), but it's great that she enjoyed it regardless.
    Last edited by Kimusabe; 2008-09-16 at 03:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    They should have got Omid Djalili to play the Prince obviously. That could end up surprisingly awesome.
    How that is casting!

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Street Fighter.

Guile was the hero. Not Ryu, or even Ken. And Ken was also American, so he should have been the hero. Dhalsim is an evil scientist and E. Honda is a... cameraman?
    You fail at understanding the hilarious awesome that was the Street Fighter movie! It is the very embodiment of so bad its good. It's nearly as fantastically bad as "Beyond Reanimator". Come on, how can you not laugh your ass off at poor Simon Callow telephoning it in, or at the antics of the late great Raul Julia, or at Van Damme and Kylie Minnow as AN peacekeepers with their bad-ass stealth boat, or at Blanka the Hulk.

Street Fighter quotes page at IMDB.com. Brace for comedy gold.

Bison: Ah! Doctor Dhalsim! How is your research today?
    Dr. Dhalsim: The same. Warped. Corrupted. My science twisted to serve perversion instead of peace.
    Bison: Tell you what. After I've crushed my enemies, we'll see about getting you published. That should cheer you up, hmm?
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-09-16 at 04:14 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Huzzah more Final Fantasy converts! Advent Children was a great film, though I had never completed FF7 and so had no idea who Zack was or his relevance to the plot.

Reno is still my favourite.

*resists temptation to shamelessly plug his FF WW game*

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

All this talk of video game movies makes me wonder what Uwe Boll is corrupting next.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Someone help me! D:

I'm having the weirdest idea ever! D: I want to buy another 8 goomba plushies in the next few months to add to the one I have so I can name them 100, 200, 500, 800, 1000, 2000, 5000, 8000 and 1up!
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

9. - Top - End - #219

Should we be helping you by encouraging you, or by discouraging you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Encouraging, obviously. Bonus points if they get lined up on a shelf with a poster of jumping pixel-mario bouncing off the last one's head.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

11. - Top - End - #221
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

But, but, but!!! They're goombas! They're so cute for having an evil Mario bouncing in their heads!

No member of the Mario family is getting close to my goombas!

They're mine! My own! My precious!
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

Then you shouldn't name them by the game's scoring convention. Just saying.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an issue with Crisis Core though, I'm sure many people wanted to know Zack's story but he was only there to be Cloud's idol, he wasn't supposed to be some utter badass that gets involved in an awesome plot(I don't actully have Crisis Core so I may be wrong), I think it kind of cheapens Cloud even more in a way. This should probably be in a gaming conversation.

Personally I'd love to see a miniseries of FFIV, but I'd demand that the majority(if not all) of the dialogue was took from the DS game. It'd be fun to hear You Spoony Bard!

Street Fighter was good as a mindless action movie but no good as a Street Fighter movie.

EDIT: Do you really think the Chun Li movie with Kristin Kreuk will be any better?
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-09-16 at 09:46 AM.
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

What did "spoony" mean anyway? Apparently, there's some foxes who live near to where I'm staying at university. I'll need to resist the urge to feed them, though.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

Are you forgetting the Super Mario Brothers movie when discussing bad games to movies?
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently Spoony means foolish, but it could have other meanings.
    My new website/blog:

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks (I was never entirely sure). I know the Western version of FF6 was plagued with poor translation as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    -Super Mario Bros
    -Street Fighter
    -Mortal Kombat
    -Alone in the Dark (ugh. It hurts to remember)
    -Tomb Raider
    -Hitman
    -Bloodrayne (It hurts even harder)
    @Atreyu: It was on top of my list. The scars aren't closed yet.

@^: It's called "Woolseyism"
    Last edited by Skippy; 2008-09-16 at 01:37 PM.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Double Dragon and Dungeon Siege?
    My new website/blog:

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    What about Double Dragon and Dungeon Siege?
    I knew I was forgetting another terrible Uwe Boll Movie. Or maybe I had it blocked from my mind...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Arrrrgh.
    InkGuy's laptop decided to reformat my mp3 player when it couldn't read it, and so I lost all my music. I've got it all on my computer, but it took me two hours to get all the songs I wanted on there. Then, since I use it as a soundtrack for several of my 360 games and I really can't be bothered to put all the music back I was going to put music onto the hard drive.
    OH HEY. YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
    Apparantly I can only put music on the hard drive if I own it in an audio CD style. So I would need like 50+ CDs to get all my music on there. Because no, not allowed to rip from DVDs. That's not fair. And no, I can't copy it from my computer onto the hard drive. I can only stream. And NO. I can't stream without connecting to the network. And I can't connect to the network because Microsoft decided that installing any king of wireless adaptor into any of their consoles after the Wii and PS3 proved it could be done would be UNFAIR. Even if you bought the Elite version and expected something a little more than a HMDI cable and a bigger hard drive.

Summary of Jibar's Day: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHHH!
    HATE MP3 PLAYERS
    HATE XBOX
    HATE MICROSOFT

On the plus side, I found myself a new hero. A man who perfectly reflects much of my personal philosophy and beliefs in the media.
    Antonin Artaud.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-09-16 at 02:00 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    HATE MICROSOFT
    Welcome to the club.

Edit: I forgot to add. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like, to lose those carefully chosen tracks in your mp3 player, all the time invested on it and everything... You've got my sympathy, Jib.
    Last edited by Skippy; 2008-09-16 at 01:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Summary of Jibar's Day: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHHH!
    HATE MP3 PLAYERS
    HATE XBOX
    HATE MICROSOFT
    Dude, don't fight the corporation now. Wait till Microsoft have taken over the world and then join myself and other like minded individuals in the resistance movement.
    Sigatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    Dude, don't fight the corporation now. Wait till Microsoft have taken over the world and then join myself and other like minded individuals in the resistance movement.
    We shall call it the Nintendo Revolution, oh wait...
    My new website/blog:

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    Thats most unfortunate... outing yourself to the future ruler of Microsoft/The World!

"Guards! Seize them!"
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-09-16 at 02:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

I am strangely addicted to cashew nuts. I don't find the taste great or anything, but I keep eating them.

What's more, I just drank coke. A lot of it. Cashew nuts just drown the taste of coke.

It's terrible. Help?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Try being addicted to dried cranberries.
    Say it with me:
    Bath-room
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, go to sleep, that should help the addiction a bit.

Did no one get my joke?
    My new website/blog:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Microsoft? Microsoft?

It´s google that is taking over the world....... Slowly....Ever growing......

We must resist it, code zebra alpha tango whiskey foxtrot, over.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-09-16 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Try being addicted to dried cranberries.
    Say it with me:
    Bath-room
    Me? I'm addicted to Hedonism... Can't get enough of it.

Usually not at the expense of other though, so I consider myself relatively harmless.