Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 113 of 113
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception (incl racial bonus for sight/sound): (1d20+4)[18]

    Survival: (1d20+5)[21]

    I don't think knowledge skills are untrained, but I speak Orcish so presumably have seen them before..... does that help?

    Sense Motive: [roll]1d20[/roll]

    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-10-01 at 06:41 AM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive (1d20)[1]


    Sabra, standing beside Sabra and diagonally behind Jonah squints at the figures ahead. She whispers to Jonah, "What in heck are they doing?"
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-10-01 at 06:43 AM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broken Damaged Worthless

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20-1)[4]


    Seeing Jonas stop, Hex stops as well. "What do you see Jonas?" He squints into the distance.

    All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slamexo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Brow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gnoll-wise, Brow will have snuck up behind it after the others released it and deal with it quietly if the others didn't bother to agree with killing it. Since it's almost dead, I doubt it'd take more than one hit and such so I'm not rolling unless you ask for one

    Perception Check (1d20+1)[6]


    Seeing the figures up ahead, Brow clutches her drawn dart tight in her hands, crouching low to the ground whilst remaining silent to observe what could very easily be a threat.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-10-01 at 11:16 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    Preception: (1d20+3)[16]
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge nature check, because i didnt know of that when making the perception post:
    (1d20+3)[18]

    EDIT: dammit i didnt see the second check for identifiying the orcs either. DO i have to roll again? Ah ill just do it. Sorry for the triple post.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-10-02 at 04:01 PM.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    Second Nature check: (1d20+3)[13]
    Sense Motive: (1d20-2)[4]


    It's an Ogre, and the smaller creatures look like orcs to me. Can't say what they're doing.", Jothan also crouches down to stay out of sight. "What are we going to do?"
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-10-02 at 04:04 PM.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    "Whatever the heck they're doing, they're occupied right now. Maybe we should find a way to skirt around them."

    Sabra looks around to see if there's a way they can travel off road and sneak past the orcs and ogres.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Survival: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]

    Can I say I love having this as a class skill?
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-10-02 at 04:17 PM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show

    Let's try that again. Screwed up the tags the first time and you can't add a die roll in an edit, apparently.

    (1d20+5)[12]

    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Sabra notes a path that would allow the group to neatly circumvent the Ogre and Orcs. Taking them around a distant hill, it would provide a good amount of cover but would add an hour or two to their journey.

    Jonas, on the other hand, spots an uneven break in the grass a short distance away which stretches on into the distance. His wilderness experience leads him to suspect that it is a small gully that the group could sneak along, coming close to the Orcs and Ogre, but remaining hidden without greatly increasing travel time.

    Nadia nods, speaking softly, "Yes, we should try to avoid them."
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-10-03 at 11:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broken Damaged Worthless

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Assuming that they communicate this information to the rest of us, Hex considers for a moment. "Let's take the long way around. No need to push our luck. Though I bet we could take 'em, let's not bother if we can help it."

    All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    "I agree let us take the safer way. We don't need to provoke unnecessary fights."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Sabra prepares to lead the party around the hill unless anyone objects.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume all of you take 10s on Stealth checks then.

    (1d20-2)[4] (1d20)[9] (1d20-2)[5]


    The group sneaks away from the arguing ogre and orcs, taking the longer but safer route to circumvent them.

    After traveling on for several more hours, with dusk approaching, the sharp eyed among the group note a camp in the distance.

    Perception
    Spoiler
    Show

    DC 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the light of the fading sun, you spot several tents nestled between two small hills about 600 feet to the north-west.

    DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a few campfires lit sending forth tendrils of smoke. The tents are made of animal hide and there are spears planted along the edges of the camp to allow for quick defense. The layout of the camp would make for easy defense and movement.

    DC (1d20+18)[35] (You see one), (1d20+17)[35] (you see two)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are two well-armed orcs standing in the shadows of the tents, looking bored and surly.


    The camp can be easily circumvented.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Jothan

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+3)[23]

    Whoop! Natural 20 *Rick Astley dance*

    "An orc camp. I can see two guards, no more. There probably are more in the tents, resting."
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-10-08 at 07:33 AM.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeathQuaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception (incl racial bonus for sight/sound): (1d20+2)[20]

    Kaihaku, how big is the camp? Are there any noticeable banners as if for war or to denote a particular tribe?


    Sabra whispers quietly, "Indeed. But I am growing concerned. This is a well-established camp, set up for defense. What are they doing out here?

    "And are these the minions of the giant who ordered the attack against the Sacred One?"
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-10-08 at 10:02 AM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

    LGBTitP

    Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slamexo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Brow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check (1d20+1)[10]


    Seeing the camp up ahead, Brow listens in what the others see before giving her own input.

    "If this is a camp tasked with killing the Sacred One, then it'd be better if we took out the people in charge now so that they won't be organised enough to come back to haunt us in the future. I think it'd be a good idea if I snuck in there and dealt with him quietly and effectively on my own."

    Her suggestion is accompanied by a serious scowl, as if suggesting it was something only she could do well.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-10-08 at 11:07 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kaihaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    United States of America
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    There are no clear symbols or banners on display, the camp is strangely nondescript for orcs. Four of the tents are noticeable larger than the others. There are fourteen tents and they are positioned strategically with a care that is, again, uncommon for Orcs.
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-10-08 at 07:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

    Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jokes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Jonas

    I thought we were attacked by dogs. What do orcs have to do with it?

    Spoiler
    Show

    perception - (1d20+6)[17]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-09 at 02:22 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Jothan turns to Brow: "Don't be too hasty. I think there are more than a few orcs. From what I can sense, there are ogres too. About four of them.", he stares at the camp ahead. "Even if you manage to eliminate a few of them in silence. How long will you remain unnoticed?"
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-10-09 at 11:52 AM.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slamexo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Brow

    Brow scowls at Jonas with a slight hint of irritation.

    "I've broken into places like this all the time; these creatures wouldn't know what was happening until anyone in charge lay dead."
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-10-09 at 11:35 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamexo View Post
    Brow

    Brow scowls at Jonas with a slight hint of irritation.

    "I've broken into places like this all the time; these creatures wouldn't know what was happening until anyone in charge lay dead."
    Ooops! Sorry the name should be Jothan, not Jonas


    "They might not be the most intelligent creatures, but they sure are capable of keeping an eye out."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broken Damaged Worthless

    Default Re: [DnD 3.6] Escort the Sacred One

    "I don't think that violence is the best answer here. Let's keep moving. The best way to avoid foes is to not go looking for trouble when we have an out."

    All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •