New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Default Big D*** Heroes in a Big Bad World - Chapter I

There's smoke pillars on the horizon and drum beats in your ear. The Horde has finally arrived at the walls of Tydus, the last free city, and it's your job to buy some time. Hundreds of ships have taken tens of thousands of passengars across the sea to the new world, many friends among them, but you were not on those ships. You and the skeleton crew around you are the last line, the final hurdle that the legion of Orcs needs to crack through before claiming this whole continent as theirs alone.

The plan is simple: Wizards from the remenants of the Empire have all flocked to this city, and, with the last of the ships gone, have been teleporting untold thousands of refugees to the various safe ports across the vast oceans to new homes on a new continent. The last stream of refugees has finally trickled out and only a handful remain, but they still need every second you can buy them to save the lives of these people. Stand and fight. Kill or die. You will stay at your posts until the wall falls around you or the signal is given that you're free to run three long blocks away to your evacuation point; a temple of Pelor who's basement holds a permanent teleportation circle and a group of wizards waiting to send you through.

You stare out over the swarming mass of black steel and green flesh marching closer and closer. The signal can't come soon enough...

-------------------------------------

One hour later...

What are they waiting for?

That's the question that's buzzing around your head as you stare out over the long black field of evil that's arrayed before you. You're standing at the battlements of Tydus, the last free city, 30' up and gazing upon the resting Horde not a quarter of a mile away. Orcs, thousands upon tens of thousands. Not just Orcs, either; among their ranks are legions of Ogres, scores of Trolls. There are Dire Wolves and Dire Boars, war machines and beasts of labor. Chained slaves of all races dot the front ranks of the Horde, a subtle suggestion against arrow volleys from the nervous defenders. They are not two minute's charge distant with numbers that dwarf any resistance you could hope to put up, and yet they wait.

Why? What is their purpose? This is great news, of course; the longer they delay, the more refugees will be sent through the portals in the meantime. Could that be it? Do they know about the evacuation, are they intentionally siphoning off all the city's defenders so they can take it without a fight? No, of course not. They live to fight. And they don't particularly care if they lose a hundred Orcs to every Human slain for that matter. No. They're waiting for something to happen. They have a plan. And that's what's making the flesh on the back of your neck crawl more and more as you wait. You think of the cities of Myr, of Feldhorn, the Fortress of Duke Cunningsworth. Solid places protected by good men, and they all fell in hours. You thought that they were simply overwhelmed by numbers; a tactic that Tydus couldn't withstand either. But what if the Horde was smarter than that after all? A method behind their bloodlust?

You know your signal to run. What's their signal to strike?

You're not alone on the battlements. Around you are the surviving fighters of all the nations of the continent; Elves, Dragonborn, Human, Dwarf, some of races you barely recognize, all united to a single purpose of fighting and surviving. You are bowmen and swordsmen, high born and low, mages and healers, comrades in arms. The Governor of Tydus assigned his personal guard to oversee the sections of the wall. On this stretch you have Captain Malcolm Kinley, a gray-haired Legionnaire standing half behind a stone column with two cranked and loaded siege crossbow resting at his ankles. He gazes unwavering at the resting horde, still enough to be one of the stone statues that stand over the barred gates of the city. The sky is a marbled storm, the air thick with anticipation of the inevitable...

[Game On]
    **UPDATE 8-29** Laptop repaired... kinda! Actually, my friend just showed me how to turn it on without a power button, which is kinda the same thing, right?

8-16-08: Laptop broken; posting future uncertain

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Big D*** Heroes in a Big Bad World - Chapter I

Aarhis scans the horde, his eyes automatically pausing to note the location of enemy squad leaders, bannermen, captains. Not that it would matter; even if orcs were inconvenienced by the loss of such figures (and, in Aarhis' experience, few were), there were too many to count, too many to kill. His hands flexed on the grip of his shortbow for the thousandth time in an hour, impatient for the end of the interminable waiting, the agonizing anticipation.

He stood as impassively as he could, emulating the nearby Captain Kinley, willing tight muscles to relax lest they be tired before the fight even began.

"Clever, even if they don't have some other plan," he said, loudly enough for the Captain and the rest of this section to hear. "Trying to shake our will, let us have a good look and a good think about how many of them there are, how hopeless this is. I heard an entire company of experienced soldiers broke at Feldhorn before the battle had even been joined; they must be hoping for the same here."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Just a few feet away from Aarhis, Ophelia sighs, nodding, and takes a step back to lay her spear on the ground. Following the dragonborn's example, she speaks up a little, seeming to address the rampart in front of her as much as the men to either side.

"You're right, of course. But we're not planning to beat them... Just got to keep them busy for a little."

Kneeling, she quickly unslings her pack to the ground in front of herself and begins to check the buckles and straps are all firmly done up.

She glances up at Aarhis and smiles briefly before turning back to her pack. "We just have to be ready to move, and fast, when we can."
    Last edited by LemonAndLime; 2008-09-13 at 12:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kalin

Kalin checked his gear again, something he had been doing every 5 minutes for the last hour. He was usually patient, but the anticipation of the battle to come was slowly putting him on edge. As he checked the fletchings of his arrows for the fifth time in as many minutes, it was a bit of a relief to have a conversation start up amongst his fellow defenders.

"Something tells me we won't have any problems moving fast when the time comes," Kalin said, in a tone of humorous irony. He turned toward Ophelia with a wry smile. "I think we're gonna have plenty of motivation."
    Last edited by Britter; 2008-09-13 at 09:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aarhis glances at the elf briefly, testing the pull of his shortbow once more as he does. The bow looks like a toy in his immense taloned fist -- Aarhis is the largest defender on this section of the wall, massive compared to all but the sole other dragonborn.

"I was never very good at running away," he rumbles, "but when it comes to it, if we stay together perhaps we'll have a chance." He shrugs one huge shoulder, the snarling dragon worked into his shield seeming to glare around the area as he does.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kasadya a'Deveimar, Tiefling Warblade
    Sebastian Avero, Human Sagittarius

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

"I think we're gonna have plenty of motivation."
    "That we are." Having satisfied herself once again that her meager belongings are in place, Ophelia swings her bag onto her back once again, fastening it into place.

She picks up her spear and eyes the orc battlelines, almost audibly willing them to charge now. As they fail to spring into action, she twists slightly to bring Aarhis back into her vision. "I, for one, am rather glad you're not so good at running away. If you were, you'd be across the ocean and depriving us all of your company here. I'm sure we'd all be sorry for that. She pauses a moment, glancing around in the faint hope of seeing smiles on grim faces before continuing. "And when it comes to the retreat, we've a more than fair chance. It's a good plan."

Ophelia twists her mouth in a brief grimace before sliding the spear through a leather loop on her pack. Resting her hands on the wall before her, she murmurs again quietly, "It's a good plan."
    Last edited by LemonAndLime; 2008-09-14 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Deleting extra [tags]

7. - Top - End - #7

Goblin

Captain Kinley moves for the first time in half an hour, slowly shaking his head from side to side and muttering a dark curse under his breath. He doesn't turn around to address you; merely speaks just loud enough for you to all hear him clearly. "I can't say what they're playin' at, but it looks as though they are at least playin'." He nods his head at the body of the Horde. "You see that line of 'em, thick one about a dozen rows in? They haven't moved t'all from their line. The rest be meanderin', wanderin' the field at their leisure, but that thick band o' Hordelings s'been standin' still. Could be doin' or hidin' anything with all the commotion about. Loadin' seige shots. Organizin' a ladder charge. Could be ridin' Dragons, the lot of 'em, for all we know."

He finally glances over his shoulder, looking you each in the eye in turn. "It's been said before, and I'll say it again, for the last time. Time comes when you see the signal, you wait on nothing to run. No last minute hero bulls***, on account 'o me, y'self or anyone. First step to revenge is survivin'."

He's about to add more when his full attention suddenly snaps back to the Horde and his face hardens. A single low, blasting beat of a thousand drums hitting as one echoes across the field and the city, followed by an abject and complete silence. The front line of the Horde all stands in a low charging stance, their weapon of choice proudly wielded before them as their eyes scan the city wall. 45 seconds later, a second beat occurs, this time with the added weight of every member of the Horde striking the butt of their weapon into the soft dirt beneath their feet. 30 seconds later, a third. After the fifth such display, a steady rhythm of 10 seconds between beats holds fast and continues with no sign of stopping.

Captain Kinley is transfixed, his whole body tensing in determination. His personal spell is broken, though, as he and you all hear the sound of glass crashing and wood hitting and splintering: behind you. A quick glance to the street below, just in time to see a heavy pane window pop out and fly from an ancient storehouse not a block away. The ever brief silence that follows ends with another muttered curse, and the Captain comes to a visibly reluctant decision, "You, the lot 'o ya, go see what that is. Be back at your posts before I notice you're gone, now GET."
    **UPDATE 8-29** Laptop repaired... kinda! Actually, my friend just showed me how to turn it on without a power button, which is kinda the same thing, right?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Thanald arrives at the scene just in time to hear this last command from the Captain. "My brother Wizards seem to think I'm more help here than at the teleportation portal. So you all have my assistance to count on. I suggest we get to the storehouse with all haste."

9. - Top - End - #9

Tremblor

Tremblor had been biding his time sitting atop the rampart with his back against the outer wall. He would occasionally peek over the wall as various noises and yells would call for it. He listens idly as the others around him speak and bide their time.
    Tremblor never quite understood why he was assigned to the ramparts. He had told the young lieutenant who had placed him here that he wasn't suited for ranged combat, his skills far more suited on the ground, perhaps by a gate or weaker section of the walls. It was perhaps that poor choice of words that landed him up on the walls. Tremblor had an odd appearance about him, and try as he might to hide it, it became obvious to anyone paying close attention that he was in fact hiding something. His leather armor, cloak, and wide brimmed hat were never fully effective in concealing the szuldar that covered his body.
    When the orcs began their drumming on the ground and anger slowly began to boil within Tremblor. The orcs had done the same when they would raid settlements along the Nomnor Mountains. He could remember his father teaching him to ignore the taunts and focus on the actual battle to come.
    When Captain Kinley speaks up, Tremblor take a moment to look at the orc lines and observe them closely.

Spoiler
    Show

He may be too far away to tell if there's anything wrong but here's an Insight and Perception check just in case:
    Insight: (1d20+1)[9]
    Perception: (1d20+1)[13]

The disturbance down on the street catches Tremblor's attention. Upon the captain's orders he bounds up on his feet and proceeds to the ladder that will take him down.
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Kalin

The drumming from out across the field had brought relief from the agonizing waiting. Kalin had been listening to the Captain, and his initial reaction to the activity from the enemy had been to prepare to face the charge. The sudden and unexpected disturbance from the warehouse made his blood run cold. Tunnellers! he thought immediately. Grabbing a spare quiver of arrows, Kalin headed off with his fellow defenders, following the Captain's orders to see what was going on. As he ran from the battlement towards the warehouse, he prayed to Erathis that whatever plan the Horde had, he and his fellows would have a chance to at least delay it long enough for the rest of the civilians to make it out of the city.

11. - Top - End - #11

Goblin

With drum beats ringing in your ears you make your way down the propped ladders to the waiting ground below. The storehouse's doors are shut and the windows high for ventilation, blocking any line of sight you could hope to achieve. The closer you get, though, the more you become aware of the sound of thrashing and cracking and inhuman grunts and wails the equal of which you've never heard before. Unsure of what to expect inside, you make the final approach with caution, taking positions and readying weapons as the Genasi and a Dragonborn make the final approach to a set of heavy double doors. You are mere feet away when they violently swing open of their own accord.

Staring you in the face are two Orcish warriors caked in dirt and wielding stone axes. The momentary shock in their eyes and yours fades instantly, as you look behind them and see not only a dozen other warriors crawling up through a fresh hole in the ground, but a large shelled beast protruding halfway out of the hole as well.

[Nature/Dungeoneering DC15, other related skills DC 20 Knowledge Check]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's an Umber Hulk, an extremely powerful Underworld creature that can burrow through stone and eats anything it can wrap its mandibles around.

The beast appears to be trapped; the hole it created came up under a stack of boxes and building supplies, which collapsed on top its torso and one of its arms as it emerged. It is flailing wildly in fury, sending smaller crates flying and leaving deep gouges in the splintering wooden floor of the storehouse. The flailing is making a somewhat difficult time for the nearby Orcs as they crawl through the narrow openings between the beast and the tunnel and retrieve a half dozen large barrels of dark wood that have a series of red 'X's around their centers.

The two Orcs standing before you narrow their eyes, raise their weapons and growl...

Initiative:
    Aarhis - (d20+5)[7]
    Bladetongue - (d20+2)[12]
    Kalin - (d20+7)[11]
    Ophelia - (d20+1)[6]
    Thanald - (d20+3)[21]
    Tremblor - (d20+3)[21]
    Orcs - (d20)[6]

<Map>
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by mayonase; 2008-09-15 at 02:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Dungeoneering check: (1d20+3)[9][/ooc]

Aarhis is caught flat-footed by the sudden appearance of the orcs; his gaze flicks past them to the strange shelled creature, but he dismisses it almost instantly in favor of the nearer threat. Fortunately, the orcs seem even more surprised to see the defenders than Aarhis is to see them.

(I'll wait until my turn in the order to post my actions, since I'm so far down. :p)
    Last edited by technophile; 2008-09-15 at 03:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Tremblor

Tremblor curses at himself, he knew he should have been on the ground already, perhaps able to recognize that the orcs had been burrowing underneath them all this time. It did not matter now however. He quickly turns and points to the Thanald, the wizard who had spoken before, "You there! Wizard! Get the captain! Let him know they've tunneled beneath the city!"

Tremblor quickly turns back to the two orcs in front of him. The runes across his black blade glow with green fire as do the szuldar along his neck and face.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Tremblor doesn't mean to bark orders, but it may be a good time to use Ghost Sound to alert the captain.

First the checks:
    Nature: (1d20+3)[20]

Combat actions:
    Move: Shift from 18R to 18Q
    Standard: Greenflame Blade Vs Orc O5
    Attack: (1d20+9)[28] vs AC
    Damage: (1d10+6)[13] and Orcs O4 and O6 take 3 fire damage on a successful hit.
    Minor: Aegis of Assault (i.e. mark) Orc O6

14. - Top - End - #14

Goblin

The lead Orcs are still raising their axes when Tremblor's blade strikes, sending lines of glowing fire through their front line. The sword and flame cuts true, and three Orcs fall to the ground in an unceremonious heap.

OOC: For the record, since Tremblor and Thanald have identical Dex, Init, Reflex, and rolls (freaky), I'm working under the assumption that they're acting 'simultaneously', or in this case whomever posts first goes first if it matters. I'll do my best to work things out reasonably as they fall.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Thanald

Thanald grimaces and turns to sprint back towards the direction he came from. Yet another person telling me where to go when I'm of most use exactly where I am, he thinks. The wizard quickly supresses the thought as he nears the battlement. "Captain!" he yells. "The Orcs have tunneled beneath the city and brought something huge with them!"

OOC: Just for reference -- what site are you guys using to do your dice rolls?
    Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-09-15 at 06:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Use the Board Roller. Just wrap {roll}{/roll} tags around whatever you're rolling, replacing { with [ .

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

"We shouldn't...", she begins before stopping and muttering,"...split up." Sliding her spear off her back and holding her shield up before her, she follows the warriors into the storehouse.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got plenty of time to check back today, so I may edit in more detailed actions based on what others post, but here's a couple of preliminary guesses:

[roll0]

Minor: Draw Spear

IF nobody enters the building:
    Move: To Q20
    Standard: Ready Commander's Strike to get Tremblor to attack anything that enters P19 (if you allow that), else Q19.

Attack: [roll1] vs AC
    Damage: [roll2]

IF somebody moves to engage O3:
    Move: To O18
    Standard: Ready Basic Melee to anything entering my melee range.

Attack: [roll3] vs AC
    Damage:[roll4]

Edit: Am editing this post since the rolls are already screwed up, and I made a mistake in the post below. In my first IF, there should be an extra +2 on the damage from Ophelia's Int modifier.
    Last edited by LemonAndLime; 2008-09-16 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Modifier mistake

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I guess previewing the post screws up the roller? Here we are again.

Dungeoneering - (1d20+1)[21]

Minor: Draw Spear

IF nobody enters the building:
    Move: To Q20
    Standard: Ready Commander's Strike to get Tremblor to attack anything that enters P19 (if you allow that), else Q19.

Attack: (1d20+8)[21] vs AC
    Damage: (1d10+7)[9]

IF somebody moves to engage O3:
    Move: To O18
    Standard: Ready Basic Melee to anything entering my melee range.

Attack: (1d20+6)[18] vs AC
    Damage:(1d8+4)[12]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aarhis rushes into the warehouse, ignoring the sole orc guarding the door in an attempt to reach the orcs while they are still dealing with barrels and the shelled creature is still stuck.

Spoiler
    Show

Double move to K16 (provoking one OA from O3, if he's still alive on my turn).
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry about the delay. But here I am now!

Bladetongue, uncharacteristically silent throughout the defense, relishes the chance to fight. He hated the pause before the storm, and now he relished the electric feeling of his muscles expanding and bulging his massive blade coming from his sheathe. He smiles slightly.
    Now, we act. Now, WE KILL!!!
    He runs foreword, his blade and his shield ready.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what the state of the battle is. I'm going to move foreword, and hit anything that gets in my way. If nothing comes up, just move me as close to the fight as I can go. This map confuses me too.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

Kalin

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[16]+12 for Nature check, totals 28

Kalin smoothly draws an arrow from his quiver, and with confident swiftness sends it downrange, immediately following the first shot with a second, as he attempts to clear the way for his comrades to reach the massive burrowing creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving to V21, using twin strike to fire at whatever living orc is closest to me, using both rounds if the first doesn't kill it, and firing at the next closest with the second shot if the first does its job.

1st strike: (1d20)[14] +8=22
    Damage: (1d10)[2] +1=3

2nd strike: (1d20)[1] +8=9
    Damage: (1d10)[6] +1=7

Last edited by Britter; 2008-09-16 at 09:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Goblin

The party's reaction is swift as you descend upon the assaulting Orcs. Bladetounge and Ophelia charge into the open door, the Dragonborn laying waste to the nearest defender while the Tiefling guards his back, her spear ending an Orc as it makes its way around the pile building material nearest them [#13]. Kalin moves forward as well, picking off one combatant as he attends to the barrels [O7] while sending another wild shot whistling through the air. Aahris takes the opportunity to move forward into the thick of things, while Thanald alerts the wall to the situation.

Captain Kinley swears loudly at the announcement, turning away from the Horde to look down at the yelling Wizard. "Finish 'em quick and get back here, and see about sealing the breach! I'll send word down the wall 'case there- ...DO THEY HAVE SAPPING CHARGES WITH THEM?!?!?"

Their noses bloodied but not broken, now it is the Orcs' turn to strike. The two Orcs nearest Aahris converge and strike, their swings brutal as their shoulders and backs bulge with muscle.

Attack 1 - (d20+9)[18]
    Attack 2 - (d20+9)[14]
    (5 Damage per Hit)

Behind this pair of fighters, a third Orc takes the chance to move in and strike, giving the chance for his nearby companions to circle and attack the people entering the front door while the rest of his compatriots move outside to assault those still waiting there.

Attack Aahris - (d20+9)[11]
    Attack Bladetounge (O8) - (d20+9)[17]
    Attack Bladetounge (#10 Charge) - (d20+10)[13]
    Attack Ophelia - (d20+9)[11]
    (5 Damage per Hit)

The shelled beast watches this all and grows more agitated by the second. It twists and turns, trying to break free of the debris trapping it, and then with one slow, fluid motion raises an impossibly long arm in the air. With a parting of the air, the beast brings this clawed club down atop Aahris as he spars with the surviving Orcs...

Attack (d20+18)[32]
    Damage (2d6+8)[14]

[Perception Check 20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The debris on top of the beast is shifting and moving; it will be free in less than a minute.

Spoiler
    Show

(Thanald, you can start from the square I have you listed in)
    Last edited by mayonase; 2008-09-16 at 10:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Tremblor

The thrill of battle begins to overtake Tremblor. Having taken down three orcs with one blow, the young Genasi feels the pulse of battle inside him. Seeing the dragonborn and the tiefling attacked by the orcs, Tremblor notices his way to the umber hulk and the hole it is clawing out from is immediately blocked.

Tremblor says to the dragonborn in front of him wearing chainmail, "Let me clear the way..." His words trail off as he whirls his black blade. The runes glow white and with a flash Tremblor and dragonborn swap places. Blade still whirling in hand the runes flash green just as he brings it down on the orc now in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+1)[21]

Minor Action: Dimensional Warp Bladetongue and I swap places.
    Standard Action: Greenflame Blade vs Orc O8
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10] vs AC
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16] and Orc 10 takes 3 fire damage

Edit:
    Minor Action: Mark Orc 10 (Aegis of Assault)
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-09-17 at 12:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Ophelia 34/34 AC:19, F:15, R:15, W:17

Ophelia half-spins at Tremblor's appearance, before turning back to the orc threatening her from the other side. Feinting with her spear, she fends him off, attempting to get a quick glimpse at the scene in the centre of the storehouse.

(( Perception - (1d20+1)[17] ))

"Big feller! Get away from the damn bug!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to hold off on specific actions until a couple more people have posted, ideally, but I wanted to run some ideas here. If this is too much 'table talk' please say.

By my reckoning, Aarhis is actually in a bit of trouble. That Umber Hulk's capable of a lot more damage, and if the orcs around him get some decent attacks in, he could be going down. Now I can heal him from right where I am, but with a decent roll I'll actually heal more health than he's even lost which seems a waste.

Alternatively, if I can close to melee range with him, then I can top him off with a less potent power which won't have any extra waste. But that really means I need someone else to take out O8 at minimum.

Oh, and lastly, Ophelia's shout is really me hinting that Aarhis should back off a step out of the Hulk's range. That'd give us some breathing room for a round or so, until we can regroup somewhat.

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I was trying to clear out those two orcs in the way but rolled a whopping 1! Any ability that will let me attack again would be helpful, or if i can get them to bunch up around me I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve that I can use next round.

26. - Top - End - #26

BlackDragon

Kalin

35/35 hp AC:19 Fort:14 Ref:17 Will:16

As his companions move into the building, Kalin follows, trying to pick off the orcs as quickly as possible so that the group can turn it's attention to the umber hulk.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to q19.

Attack Orc 8 with twin strike, and if the first shot kills him applying the second to orc 14, so that Ophelia is freed up to move forward as necessary.

(1d20+12)[30] Perception

Attacks:

Orc 8: (1d20+8)[25] Damage:(1d10+1)[10]
    Followup attack to Orc 8, or if Orc 8 is dead, to Orc 14: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+1)[6]

edit: whoot, I like those numbers better

Last edited by Britter; 2008-09-17 at 09:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomologist View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I was trying to clear out those two orcs in the way but rolled a whopping 1! Any ability that will let me attack again would be helpful, or if i can get them to bunch up around me I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve that I can use next round.
    You have an Action Point, although I don't think the orcs will be much trouble for very long.
    Last edited by technophile; 2008-09-17 at 10:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aarhis: 25/39 hp AC:20 Fort:18 Ref:14 Will:14

Aarhis contemptuously blocks the first orc's attack with his shield, letting the other two orcs' attacks slide off his scale mail.

Then he grunts as the hulk's blow smashes him nearly to his knees. He straightens, his frost-rimed blade sparkling as he strikes at a pair of the orcs.

Attack O2 (Cleave vs AC): (1d20+10)[11](21)
    Damage: (1d8+6)[8](14)
    On a hit, O9 takes 4 damage as well.

Perception check: (1d20+3)[17]

Hearing Ophelia's shout, he takes a step backwards, hoping to get out of the hulk's immediate range.
    Last edited by technophile; 2008-09-17 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Thanald 29/29 AC:17, F:12, R:16, W:17

Thanald arrives back at the scene ready to finally put his skills to use. He targets one of the orcs outside the storehouse and casts a Ray of Frost.

Attack Roll (Intelligence vs. Reflex):

Attack - (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[8]

After casting the spell, Thanald moves to S18 to get closer to the door.

OOC-1: The spell is targeted at Orc #11 on the map.
    Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-09-17 at 03:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Ophelia 34/34 AC:19, F:15, R:15, W:17

As an arrow thunks into the orc in front of her, Ophelia whirls and ducks behind Tremblor and his opponent. Darting along the side of the building materials, she yells to the Dragonborn, "Got your back, big feller!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming O8 and 14 are dead from Kalin's shots.

Move: L18 (provoking AoO from O10)
    Standard: Aid the Injured On Aarhis. Aarhis spends a healing surge, gains his healing surge value (10).