New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default The Great Game [3.5 D&D][Group 2 IC]

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello all! Sorry for vanishing like that, it has been a lot of work moving into my house and I still don’t have a roommate. So Reagord has bothered me enough to sit on my window seal and use the Internet that is in and out. So yes yes. On to the post.

As an assumption I am assuming you all know each other and are traveling together. You don’t have to know each other well. Just kinda.

It was a bright sunny day in Davenport where the children were running around happily chasing chickens around the street. “Chickenchaser!” they would call out as an announcement of the game they were playing. They would bait each other into chasing the chickens one by one as the adults would scold them liberally.

The city was a bustle as folks of all creeds and kinds moved about the market place. This town looked happy and full of life at least thinking life. You had recently visited so many towns with their denizens looking like mindless zombies. In this town of commerce there seemed to be no problems that you could see.

There was a classic inn with a bar attached at the side, almost like an unwanted rickety shack. A large church of Pelor shone brightly from the center of town, pillars of marble erected all around the temple with large sun faces on them. Besides the normal shops like the armory, food shop, and magic shop there were markets and merchants along every street trying to sell their wares.

The streets were cobblestone indicating the city’s wealth from all the trading, considering the large wall that had been erected to keep those that were unwanted out. Every fifty feet around the wall there was a watch guard tower that had its entrance facing the city. There were four large double doors that remained shut and were mainly for show, they faced north, south, west, and east. There were smaller doors that had been cut into them that allowed wagons and people to pass through them. While the city guards kept a close eye and guard on those that passed in and out of the city.

You are currently standing in the center of town which is a wide sun shaped circle about three hundred meters all around. In the center there is a large multi-tiered fountain made of what appears to be gold and a sun face on the top that had the illusion of the water holding up. There were large tents and busy people jostling and bustling around you.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Great Game [3.5 D&D][Group 2 IC]

Leroy

Physical description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The young man is tall, with a thin frame, wearing a dark blue coat, dark pants, black sturdy boots and a wide brimmed hat on the top of his head. A fine crafted backpack hangs on his shoulders, beside an equally fine longbow and a quiver. A large curved scabbard dangles on the back of his belt. It's clear that he is an adventurer of some kind, but it's not evident what profession he precisely has.
    His face is featureless except for a strong chin, bushy eyebrows and thick lips, which seem to be a permanent sly smile right now.

Leroy, tall and slender, stands beside the fountain, drawing a picture of the fascinating sight on a loose sheet, using a thick book as a pad. His eyes, covered by a wide-brimmed hat, wander back and forth from the sheet to the fountain and back again. At last, it seems like he's writing some kind of description below the picture, then nods, puts his writing equipment back into the backpack and turns around to speak with whoever of the new adventuring group is nearby.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Magic has it's uses, and a good one is decoration. I really would like to know how much this costed"

He stops, and pulls off the hat to scratch his bald head, looking around the hustle and bustle of the city. He feels like a fish in its element.

"I must admit, I've never been to Davenport before, and it seems to be pretty busy right now. How interesting. See those tents?"

He gestures with his head towards the tents, then opens the thick book again. It's title says "Book of Local Legends" and features a brown featureless cover. Skimming through the pages, he looks for clues if there are any traditional festivals or circuses in Davenport.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to use blue for Leroy's speech

Knowledge (local) roll: (d20+6)[21]
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-13 at 09:22 AM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cyral Fallowfeather

A halfling in a dented but well-polished breastplate and leather sits on the edge of the fountain and watches the bustle of the city with a small smile on his face. He has longish hair that starts to curl at its ends, and bears a few scars on his face and arms that seem to add to his persona rather than be a detriment to it. As the children rush past in their game he smirks reaches down to pat the creature beneath him.

"It's good to see younglings at play, Yondalla knows it's a rarer sight each day in this world."

"Breeaaah."

The creature looks up from a bag with half a turnip in it's mouth to follow the children as they run past. It seems to be a kind of goat and sheep mixed animal, with large ram horns, a soft face, hard goatlike hooves and long light grey fur that almost reaches the ground. Strangely, an ornate saddle sits atop the creature, and strips of leather with metal rivulets run along its haunches, neck and legs, and a long lance with a pennant of a cornucopia rests in a holster towards the back of the saddle.

The creature chews down the half turnip and picks up the burlap bag with its teeth.

"Bweah," it bleats with the sack in its mouth to Cyral.

"All done Ramsey?" the halfling takes the bag from his mount and re-attaches it to a loop in the saddle.

Looking at the two together, a close observer would notice something odd about them, each has a mismatched set of eyes. For Cyral, his left is a deep sea blue while the right is a light green. Similarly, Ramsey's right is the same shade of blue while his left is the same of green.

"Sorry Leroy, what were you saying about the tents? Both Ramsey and I know that if we don't put away the turnips now he'll go on eating them forever."

Spoiler
    Show
    A picture of the mighty Brixashulty, for reference.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-13 at 11:03 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

Will walked through the crowd; but due to his height people kept bumping into him. Too busy to notice a halfling, too busy to see him and not bump into him or offer an apology. Will hated that, he was steaming inside because of it, but he just kept walking, not causing any trouble. He finally got to the Fountain, he had been behind them because that stupid crowd kept jostling him and getting him lost because he wasn't tall enough to see where he was going.

He was wearing a purple robe and a blue cloak, he had messy orange hair and green eyes, pale skin. On his belt was a little dagger with red runes on the blade, and a satchel containing his materials he needed to cast spells. He wore a normal backpack. He looked a little annoyed.

"Stupid crowd, getting me lost and people bumping into me, stupid tall people not paying attention to where they're going...." he grumbled "ey Cyral, Leroy, you two likin' this place better than me? cause I freakin' hate it that people kept bumping into me and not watching where they were going, whats all this busyness and hubbub all about anyways? Is it some stupid, meaningless holiday or something?"
    Last edited by Trizap; 2008-09-13 at 12:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy interrupts skimming through the book, halfway through it. His smile widens as he recognizes Cyral's voice, and he turns around again, facing the halfling.

"Oh, there you are, I apologize, sometimes I'm very occupied with my notes and forget everything else"

With a quick move, he lets himself fall beside the halfling, the book still locked between thumb and index finger. With the other hand, he carefully pets the halflings animal friend's fluffy back (unless it bites).

"I thought these masses could mean a festival in town, and I'm not aware of it, so I decided to look it up, for curiousity's sake

Another familiar voice then fills his ears - Will, the wizard, a person Leroy respects, as he does with all wielders of the arcane, always hoping to receive a little teaching. After listening to him, he responds:

"Hey Will, nice to see you. Well, I don't think we can call it a holiday. Considering my financial situation, I would rather seek an employer", tapping on his small gold pouch, "but why so gruff, the sun is shining and we are in a rich city with endless possibilities. I even saw a few shops that sell magical trinkets, we have to go there later!"

Taking the hand away from Cyral's mount, Leroy continues skimming through the book, focused to find the needed information now.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Will

".....Did you actually hear the whole "people in crowd kept bumping into me" part? Cause while I would like to check out magical shops, I can't see anything while I'm in a crowd, I'm too friggin' short, you can find away around cause your a human, but me? well lets just say I would prefer a dwarven city thank you. At least there I'm the same height as everyone. Arcane Arts? decoration? I can think of better, more practical uses thank you."

He sits on the fountains edge with Cyral and Leroy. Indeed, there were a lot of possibilities out there today. Problem was that Leroy didn't consider that included bad possibilities. Will didn't know what bad possibilities there was, but they were possible, and thats all he needed to know.
    Good possibilities were also out there as well, but he didn't side with pessimism or optimism about it, he preferred to go with a "Well See" attitude, he considered all possibilities and hoped for neither good or bad, just said to himself "We will See" and left it at that.

"So, Cyral, whats up with you?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Cyral

Ramsey accept's Leroy's petting, but when the human stops the brixashulty turns to look him straight in the eye.

"Breeaaaah!"

Cyral sighs, "Ramsey, we can't all just sit and pet you all day."

"Breah."

The halfling throws up his hands in a movement of surrender and reaches into his trail pack for a bristle comb. He starts to comb the brixashulty's fur and gives a sheepish look at the others.

"Sorry, but he'll go on and on unless he gets a full period of brushing or petting. As for what I've been up to Will," Cyral snags on and works through a small knot of fur, "I've been sitting here, trying to ignore the snickering of most of the tall folk, no disrespect intended Leroy. They see me riding down the street and not a one of them thinks I'm a knight, they think I'm some sort of attraction. Why, if I weren't a knight I'd give them something to snicker about, by Yondalla," he stops brushing for a second and furrows his brows, "That didn't sound right... Anyways, I haven't heard of any work, but we only just arrived in town. There's bound to be something, maybe one of the others has found work?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-13 at 10:00 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Will

".....maybe you could grow a thick beard and adopt a dwarven accent, at least then people will think your a dwarf, people wouldn't snicker at you at all, they would just look, see a dwarf in armor, and accept that as something completely normal- oh wait your a paladin you can't lie, guess that throws my idea out the window...." he paused, considering his next words for a moment
    I feel you though, the tall ones think that size equals strength or something, and how many times do you think big and masculine warrior types have made fun of me for my robes and my height at the same time? There were reasons why they called me "A Little girl"
    then he falls silent a scowl crosses his face at bitter memories of orcs and humans taunting him.
    Last edited by Trizap; 2008-09-13 at 10:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adam Hart - NG Male Human Artificer 5
    Adam sits on the edge of the fountain, a plank of wood perched on his lap. Atop the plank is a sheet of paper bearing a complicated-looking diagram drawn by the glistening inkpen held in Adam's deft fingers. Small notes adorn most of the margins of the paper, denoting things like "gold filament required" or "set gem in eyes?".

Hearing familiar voices, he looks up to see his comrades-in-arms, a human and two halflings, commiserating on the state of being a halfling in a busy human city. I'll stay out of this one, he thinks. Best I just keep on my work.

10. - Top - End - #10

Osoend Osirak; Ranger 5 + Natul Lad; Horse Extraordinaire

Physical Description
    Spoiler
    Show

At first glance, Osoend looks much like a barbarian. His hands and face are covered with swirling tattoo's, his well-used armor, hair and taut longbow have numerous wooden beads and charms hanging from them, and his long, brown hair is wild and unkempt. In fact, he looks like a barbarian at second glance as well. Osoend has a ruggedly sharp, angular face, beard stubble gracing it more often than not. His light blue eyes are a surprising feature on the rest of his weatherworn body. He is quite slim and lean, though wiry, from years in the saddle, and always looks most comfortable on horseback, and out in an open environment.

A low 'clop-clop', sound is heard throughout the square, as a large, slim built Elf with a overtly enchanted bow glowing red softly strapped to his back, rides into the square on the back of a chestnut horse, covered with what looks like some extremely well made studded leather barding, innovatively crafted as to not restrict the movement of the horse. Slowing to a light trot, the Elf draws up beside his companions, numerous wooden charms adorning him clacking together as he moves. He speaks to them slowly, the words coming difficult to him, as he has only recently learned enough Common to get by, and his voice betrays an obvious Eastern accent.

Wait, friends. Guards stop Osoend. Tell rules. Strange, they not let horses roam free here. 'Civilised' people strange.

This truly wonderful place, yes? Chief here has great wealth. Big magic.

Natul-Lad suddenly looks down, as there is a small child chasing a chicken between his legs. The child stops and his eyes go wide as the horse looks him straight in the eye, the chicken forgotten. Osoend bends down and speaks to the child.

Careful, child. Danger under horse. Horse not harm you unless you stupid.

A smile appears on Osoend's lips, as he rights himself, and the child scurries off. He pats Natul-Lad's neck gently.

Sugar-cube also help.

Osoend steers Natul-Lad gently to face Cyral.

Yes. Work would be good. Too long have I walked in peace, I long for Battle!

Natul whinny's, turning one of her brown eyes towards Osoend.

Natul-Lad also long for chase.

The lean horse wickers softly.

Yes, Natul. Also sugar-cube.

Reaching his hand into his pack, Osoend retrieves one of said cubes and holds it out to the horse who devours it greedily.

You eat many cube, Natul. Is bad for teeth. And Osoend wallet.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-09-14 at 12:04 AM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

Will notices Osoend, he never quite understood him, barbarians, hunters, rangers, druids, elves and whatnot and nature lovers in general were strange to the halfling, always talking to their pets and having clan-like, tribal or druidic beliefs and weird traditions and customs. He suspected he found them weird because he was raised among civilization, in a library, faaaaarrr from the wilds and beasts out there.

"yea, well you see all the buildings and the people walking about? the guards can't have horses running over them see? wouldn't be good law enforcement, its for the safety of all the people around us, and so your horse doesn't run into a wall and injures himself."

12. - Top - End - #12

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik Balderk, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin

Spoiler
    Show
    Rurik looks like your average young Dwarven Cleric of Moradin. He is short, and stout. His calm brown eyes give a reasurring ease to those who look at him. His long, black hair seems stiff, like stone. His beard is quite long for a Dwarf, it stops just past his breast. He wears shining Full Plate armor, and carries a shield and crossbow on his back. His Warhammer is always in his hand. He wears a neckalce under his beard of a Hammer and anvil, his Divine Focus if you will.

Rurik walks through the crowd towards where the others said to meet. He has his shield out, and is using it to push through and around the masses of Humans around him. As he bumps into a rather large man with his shield, the man looks down to Rurik. "Watch it, little man." Rurik stares at him for a moment, then shouts out to him, Are ye daft? Din't yur mother ever teach ye' the proper method of dealin' with a Cleric 'o Moradin? Let me enlighten ye'! Ye' are ta' respect those who hold a greater purpose in life! Do ye' understand yet? Rurik then pushes the man out of his way and continues over to the fountain. "These daft Humans are gettin' more an' more annoying wif' each passin' day! He sees Adam and Leroy, Ach, sorry lads. I dunnae mean you two. He clears his throat and continues with clarity and precision. "Sorry, sometimes my natural accent is a bit hard to supress. So, what do we have planned for the day? Rurik looks over to the two Halflings, Will! Cyral! I dunnae even see ya there! He looks over to Osoend, Well, I dunnae even think that ye' would have made it past the posts with Natul 'n company. Speakin' of which, How is ye Natul?
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 2008-09-14 at 11:05 AM.
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

13. - Top - End - #13

Osoend looks very hard at Rurik. Natul-Lad remains steadfast beneath him, parting the crowd as only a horse can.

Friend Rurik... Are you well? I am sure Natul-Lad appreciate concern, but talk to horse; bad sign. You lie underneath moon too long. You want see Shaman?
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueKnightGuy

Nah, just bein' nice, is all. But in all seriousness, anyone have a plane for the day? Rurik begins to look around the group

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"I agree, the tall ones pushed me so much I got lost in the crowd since I could see where I was going, oh and you were a few minutes late to hear my comment that I would rather be in a dwarf city, again no offense to the present tall members of our company" he nodded towards Adam, Leroy and Osoend
    "but lets go off that subject, anyone know why its busy today in particular? why there are tents all around us, really is it some stupid human holiday or something? some local festivities? I'll ask a nearby guy"
    he walked over to nearby man and asked "Ey! why is everyone busy, why are there tents the middle of town, and is this some Davenport holiday?"

16. - Top - End - #16

Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral grins as he works out a knot in Ramsey's fur.

"Well Rurik, if you ever want to talk to an animal Ramsey here is a great listener."

The brixashulty nods to the dwarf and let's out another bray.

"Breaah."

Pushing himself off of the fountain Cyral sets the brush back into Ramsey's saddle pack and follows Will.

"We don't mean to demand information, goodman, but we'd appreciate it if you could fill us in. We just got into town and don't know much about what's going on."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomancing!
    Diplomacy - (1d20+8)[14]
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-16 at 04:12 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    For Flashlight/Leroy: For a roll of 21 on Knowledge (local) you know that Davenport is an active city in regards to trading. Further you know that there are may festivals that take place through out the year, usually the summer solstice and winter solstice are most celebrated with large parades and parties. No circuses are ever in Davenport. However it is a city of mixed population so there are many ceremonies that occur around the year. Pelor is the mina god in the city so they are the ceremonies and festivals that take place the most. One of the Davenport’s festivals that take part only in Davenport is the Summer Dance in honor of Pelor. It involves lots of white and gold and dancing. However this has already passed. This is just the normal day at Davenport aka the largest trading city around.

The tents are just merchants passing through who are there to sell there wares in the largest city for miles around.

You also know the best place to find out information/adventure is in the local tavern: Sun Spot. Incos is the barkeeper there and she is the one with the know-how/lowdown on everything in the city and outside as well.

By the by it isn’t magic. :P Just a fountain

A large burly man turns towards your group after noticing both Cyral and Will ask for information, plain grey tunic barely covering his bulk turns towards the group with a small smile.
    “Aye, you want to demand information? Don’tcha know this ‘ere is the largest trading city in the whole of the Altorian Kingdom. You should know that, little one. This ‘ere is the greatest city in all the land, you can get just ‘bouts anything here. Though it depends on the sector you go to. And it ain’t no damned holidays here. This is just normal business. Normal. Normal. Just a bit busy since the festival just ended and there been all those scary reports,” he says rubbing his chin and tapping his forehead. “Gots to be careful about what you bring in ‘n out. So all I gots to say is go speak to Incos, she seems to not care what comes and goes in her humble abode. Good luck to yeres. Careful though I hear there be a mighty strange curse going around. Luckily good ole Pelor protects us. Any other questions ask someone else.”

He then stomps on looking at their strange party and shrugging, as he seems to glide through the crowd with much more ease than his bulk would seem to allow.

When you walk through the crowd most people would hardly notice you, but you can notice every mix of being wandering through the crowd. The children and those chickens never seem to bother anyone or get in the way.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

18. - Top - End - #18

Ososend raises an eyebrow in surprise, looking around wide-eyed.

This normal? I thought this great hunt festival, or something greater! There more people here than hundred tribes! You 'civilised' peoples are very odd, to fit so many people into such small space! Not even room for horse!

Osoend fingers a wooden charm hanging from his hair briefly, looking around the crowd. He shakes his head for a moment.

Hmm. We go to see this 'Incos', yes-no? Maybe she wise woman for this tribe. With good fortune, she speak Elven too. Your language strange to me.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

While the others were engaded in smalltalk, Leroy, completely distracted by his book, managed to skim it completely. He stands up, and quickly greets the dwarven cleric with:

"May the stones favor you, Rurik"

spoken in surprisingly fluent dwarven, before he advances to the two halflings speaking with a commoner, giving Osoend a nod as he passes. After overhearing the conversation, especially mentally noting the curse part for later investigation, he speaks up loud enough for everybody to undestand.

"Well, as you just heard, the recent festival, the Sun Dance in the name of Pelor, Davenport's patron deity, finished weeks ago. This is also the largest trading city within horizons of travelling. You really didn't know that? Well, doesn't matter, reading the book I remembered the words of a companion with whom I travelled. He said: "If you ever put your feet into Davenport, check into the Sun Spot, and speak with Inco if you want some action".
    I guess I can find it by the descriptions he gave me, so everyone please follow me, unless you have something to do, of course. And oh, keep your eyes out for pickpockets"

With a smile, he adresses Osoend, speaking his native language in fluent fashion.

"Inco is not a wise woman, she sells drinks... and knowledge. Just follow us, Osoend"

Spoiler
    Show
    If everyone concurs, I suppose we can find the Sun Spot for easiness sake. If we can't find it or get lost, Leroy will ask a commoner for directions, since the Sun Spot is a known place.
    Possible Diplomacy Roll: [roll]d20+9[/roll] (Whats up with those rolls? Ritz, please roll for me if needed, so we save space)

Edit: Sorry about the magical fountain, I misunderstood your description. And a magical fountain is also more awesome
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-17 at 11:55 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Sir Helvén

Helvén, the young human, clad in steel armour, has been staring at the fountain for more than five minutes now. His eyes blank, he's clearly somewhere else in his mind.

(Sorry lads, some IRL problems until next wednesday. I'll make a proper introduction post during the week, until then, Helvén is staring blankly at the fountain. It's not unusual behaviour for him, and since the group have been travelling together, they perhaps got used to it.)
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"normal? darn it, and greatest city in all the land? never heard of it, still lets go to this Inco woman, but first...." Will called over to the other three members of the group "ey! Rurik, Adam, Helven, Leroy thinks we ought to go see some person called "Incos" you guys wanna come, or will ya stay at the fountain?"

22. - Top - End - #22

Osoend smiles. Pausing for a moment, he breathes in deeply, taking in the city around him.

Drink and knowledge? Sound like wise woman to me. Come, I long for another taste of your 'civilised' fire-water.

Maneuvering with difficulty through the crowd, Osoend moves his horse into a position to follow Leroy to their destination.

23. - Top - End - #23

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Cyral[/COLOR]

Cyral ***** his head at Leroy's quite encyclopedic reply.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]"Pelor, eh? I've known some of his clergy and they're a good group, always concerned with the people and protecting them. Well, we might as well go see this Incos, at the very least it'll give us something to do. *Phweeet*!"[/COLOR]

Cyral whistles over at Ramsey and the brixashulty jogs over to him. With an experienced hop Cyral places himself firmly in the saddle and sits back with a sigh of comfort.

"Ready whenever you all are."

"Breaaah."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik looks back over to Leroy, saying in Dwarven, "And you, Leroy." Rurik then falls in line instinctively behind Leroy, shield and warhammer in hand, as always. "Can we get a move on?" Rurik shouts out so everyone can hear him, beginning to grow bored with staying in one place.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adam tucks the paper, pen, and inkwell safely in cloth pouches in his pack, then stands up, allowing the plank of wood to fall to the ground, where he had found it earlier.

He quickly surveys the group, and notices that Rurik has drawn his weapons. Turning to the dwarf, he says, "The guards may object to someone carrying drawn weapons in the city... Unless you've noticed something we missed?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"yea, they might attack for carrying a drawn weapon, a shield will be able to pass notice- guys gotta be safe, but not a weapon, he might be trying to kill someone who has a bounty on their or something, or rob a shop, can't have that can you? which makes me wonder why they let in Wizards, who are potentially, far more dangerous than any guy with a sharp metal implement, but hey I'm not complaining" Will added.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adam shoots Will an amused look and says, "Probably because they're afraid of what the wizards would do if not allowed in..." in a hushed tone. "Besides, it would be like separating a martial artist from their fists; just plain impossible."

28. - Top - End - #28

Helvén

The human snapped out of his black-out, and looked around, searching for his comrades.

He is tall, muscular human in breast plate armour, not too hard to notice. His medium-lenght black hair falls to his face uncombed, and his green eyes sit deep in a black hole, as if he haven't slept for days. He looks unshaven, and neglected, but stands upright, like a noble man. He is still young, but the silver locks in his hair make him look older than he actually is.

His armour is not polished nor kept well, but a long dark cloak of no better state hides the armour. He has a steel shield with a noble family's crest on his shoulder, and a longsword hanging from his belt.

The first impression of him is usually the image of noble man, trying to hold his position, even is fate was cruel to him.

So, where are we headed? - he asks the others almost cheerfully upon finding them.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy scans the tall armored man for a few seconds before answering:

"We will look for an inn named the Sun Spot and talk to a woman named Inco. She should provide us with the recent news and gossip, and from that, we can search for an employer. The usual mercenary recruitment business."

Then, with another glance to Will and Adam, he reminds them, sounding like a benevolent teacher:

"He is a priest of Moradin, a respected dwarven deity. It's obvious that he has no reason to trifle with the law. That's why the guards let him in in the first place. But enough of that, let's move."

If everyone is ready, Leroy will lead them to the inn. If it takes too long, he will annoy Will with questions about how to aquire a familiar.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-19 at 10:30 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik and chuckles and looks backand forth for Will to Adam, "Leroy is right, I have no reason to attack any living creature in this city unless of course they attack me first. It was always common nature for me to carry a weapon at all times of the day, just incase we were attacked. I'm not really from a large kingdom you know, or incase you've forgotten." He hefts his warhammer for added effect, "Besides, it keeps pick-pockets and other thieves at bay!"