New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Great Game [3.5 D&D][Group 2 IC]

Leroy

Leroy grins sheepishly

"Oh really, then how this could appear in my pocket?"

He holds up a small wooden holy symbol depicting an anvil and a hammer, the symbol of Moradin...

then bursts into laughter, saying in dwarven:

"I'm just trying to lift up our mood good dwarf, please take no offense. I have many holy symbols in my pockets, Moradin's, Corellon's and Yondalla's. By the way, if we have some time to relax, you really need to tell me more about your clan."
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-19 at 03:22 PM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"yeea.....who would argue with a guy who can shoot fire out of their fingertips? a guy who can shoot a bigger fireball, anyways lets go find the Inn, I'm getting bored and I'm going to have to go into that stupid crowd and get jostled around again sooner or later......might as well be sooner..."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik chuckles as Leroy pulls the symbol out, Tis' a nice trick ye' play. But let me show ye' a better one. He then continues to lift up his beard and shows that his symbol hangs on a pendant, wrapped around his neck, virtually invisible to the naked eye due to his beard, and the neck guard of his armor. Rurik lets out a roaring laugh and looks over to Will, "If ye' want, I could protect ye' in the crowd. Just stand between me and Osoend, I'll keep any big fellas' from pickin' on ye'." after offering, Rurik lets out another, rahter audible, howl type laugh.
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"Its not like that, more like they don't even notice me cause of my height and since they're so busy, push right by me and since there are so many of them I just kept getting pushed and bumped into repeatedly as if I wasn't there or something, thats what I meant by jostled in the crowd, it might be a good idea for me to get a mount of my own, would stopped getting pushed, and I would travel faster, come on lets go already"

Will started walking into the crowd. Soon enough you could hear curses coming from him as the crowd around the halfling just continues on their daily business.

5. - Top - End - #35

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The Sun Spot would be easy enough to find, you don’t need to roll unless I tell you or if you want to roll for knowledge. If you want to roll just to be sure go ahead and do so, else I’ll tell ya to roll. I mean in battle it is obvious that you roll when you attack.

The Sun Spot is a gleaming inn on the far side of town; large sun symbols adorn its outside façade with little suns on the doors and also forming the windows of the inn. There is obviously a bar on the lowest level but it appears to be separated from the finer dinning on the second floor. It is a four-story building with the top floors being used to house people yet it somehow can accommodate any amount of people who want to stay there. The door is made of fine oak but the inside is clearly marble flooring. The carpet is red and long with suns decorating it ever few feet.

It is not a challenge to find the busty bar maiden as she is behind the bar serving out drinks to the customers. She obviously the head of this establishment wearing deep red and brown dress that has the strangest ability to highlight her supple breasts, Inco is indeed beautiful. Inco has flowing red hair and fiery orange eyes; her mouth is red and beautiful.

The other bar maids are also beautiful but Inco shines. The tables are adorned with glasses and beautiful plates that shine. This establishment has obviously benefited from the huge trading that occurs in this town. There is a teen at the door wearing fine red robes that stops you from entering with a hand in your face. He bows and then says calmly, “All animals must go in the barn and how many are in your party, so as I may seat you? Further no weapons should be drawn or wielded in here and no magic is allowed to stand except that of Inco’s beauty of course.”

Spoiler
    Show
    had to throw the breasts part in. :P sorry
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"oh, no magic, and how would you stop me if I did use magic? oh right you wouldn't be able to. recommendation: if your running a magic-free tavern and if your this profitable, invest in Anti-Magic Fields, as for members of the group, seven counting myself, oh and we have come here to specifically talk to Inco for reasons the human named Leroy will provide"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Osoend sighs, and pats Natul gently.

Said in Elven
    Spoiler
    Show

I apologise, Natul. These Civilised peoples do not allow their horses to drink with them. Why they bring the Horse-lord's ire on them by shunning their companions such, I do not know. But in any case; you remember the last time I tried to bring you into an 'inn'. Besides, you always seem to spoil my chances of bedding women.

The lean horse whinny's and shakes her head, seeming resigned.

Come, Guard. Show me to 'stables'. I hope they are good enough for Natul.

He leans in and whispers in the bouncer's direction.

She is fussy horse. But, even horse have faults, yes-no?

He chuckles, slightly.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy lifts up his bushy eyebrows upon seeing the beatiful barmaiden and her womanly assets, nearly stumbling into the red-robed teenager. Giving Will a strange glare, he proceeds:

"I'm Leroy. Please excuse my friend here, he had a bad day. We're adventurers and here to conduct business with Inco. Shall we put off our weapons or is it acceptable as long as we leave them in our sheats? I assure you we won't cause any trouble"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral tries to hold Ramsey back but the brixashulty walks right up to the teenager at the door and stares him right in the eyes before uttering an insult.

"Breeaaaah!"

Cyral slaps his forehead and spreads his hands in apology to the youth.

"Though you probably don't understand his meaning... I apologize for Ramsey's rash words. He'll stable himself, but if you could get some turnips for him he would be very grateful."

Before he dismounts Cyral turns in his saddles and speaks in Elvish to Osoend and Natul.

Spoiler
    Show
    "It is simply the custom here that animals take their repast with their own kind and that we take ours with each other. To live in a city is to distance ones self with the natural world and to build barriers against it. But please friend, be patient with them, and I'm sure that the Horse-Lord will forgive their transgression."

With little trouble Cyral dismounts from Ramsey and unsheathes the lance from it's holder. He carefully places it in a holster on his back and turns to face to youth.

"I must carry my weapons with me at all times, the strictures of my knights brotherhood are very... well, strict on that point. Though on my honour I will not draw my weapons unless I or my companions are attacked."

Ramsey trots off towards the stables, head held high. Before he turns the corner he pauses to glare at the youth and Cyral.

"Please," the halfling says with a rueful shake of his head, "Get some turnips to him or I won't hear the end of it."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #40

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik glares at the teen with utter dissapointment, he speaks clearly and is sure to drop his accent You expect me to place the Forge Hammer of the Forge Father in an unfit containment? Are you mad? I will not place it in some sheath or bag, but I assure you that I will refrain fom using it as much as possible. If neccesary I will place it under my chair so that it doesn't upset your little "policies". Rurik somewhat spits out the last part, just to show his seriousness. He looks again to the teen and speaks in an angry Dwarven dialect, "You should be careful with whom you speak to, boy. One of these days, someone is going to take offense to your attitude. Your lucky I was in a good mood today."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rurik is rather impatient if you haven't caught on it yet.
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

and he was lucky that I know better than to blast some one with magic in the middle of a busy city just because he angers me, but you don't hear me saying it out loud Will thought inwardly, honestly is the dwarf going to antagonize the doorman even further? oh wait I'm sorry- doorkid thats the proper term for him he smiles a bit at the last thought.

12. - Top - End - #42

Osoend laughs, looking back at Cyral in his saddle. Once more, he speaks out in the Elven tongue, his accent heavy.

Elven
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, but the horselords ire is great and terrible!

Osoend raises his arms in a mockingly dramatic manner.

Elven
    Spoiler
    Show

All will tremble at his terrible wrath! Only sugar-cubes by the thousands will placate his titanic rage!

Osoend laughs heartily, throwing back his head, gripping the pommel of his saddle with one hand to steady himself. After he recovers from his mirth, he reaches down and grabs his heavily decorated longbow, passing it down to the youth at the door.

Here. You take. No weapon allow in wise-woman yurt, Osoend understand. Be careful, is very important to Osoend, so I will expect back, yes!
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

13. - Top - End - #43

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Stop posting :P which I think you have..I shall fill this space here with the next post. :P till then stay tuned!

YAYA! I'm lame different colors

The young gentleman looked over the group, “Ah ha! You jest dear sir. Ah so you are here to see Inco? She has been expecting you probably, she knows of you before you know of her. If you wish to care your weapons you may otherwise I shall hold them in the back for you.”

He turns towards Rurik and says softly. “I did not mean to offend you I was just following the rules of this inn which has remained this way for all of time. Inco will see you now.”

He bowed low to the ground and pointed those without animals into the inn.

He then addressed the Osoend, Natul, Cyral, and Ramsey towards the stable girl who was half-elven and beautiful, just like everyone else in the inn. She had blue hair that stood out and slowly walked them towards the tables. The stables were temperate with hay and blankets each stall had its own water and oats. Horses got their own caretakers.

As you walk inside the inn you feel your magic being sucked from you or blocked as it were. Your weapons also felt heavier and you in general feel happy. Inco looks at you with seductive eyes and smiles.

“I hear you have need of my information,” she says quietly with great calm and each word she speaks is like the words the gods first said. They flow off her tongue and she leans over the edge of the bar, her breasts pushing out softly from her shirt. “Care for a drink?”

Spoiler
    Show
    There is an anti magic spell and more. :P
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-09-24 at 04:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Helvén

It was the tavern that brought back the younf man to reality. His sword, neatly put in it's sheath, was no problem at the door. He becomes more and more aware of the surroundings, as if he was waking up from a dream, and finding himself in such a beautiful place made him almost happy, and careless.

Once I read a book of Arismodeus the traveller, about the most beauriful sight on earth, and this place wasn't mentioned in it. A mistake of Arismodeus, the only one, but what a big mistake! If the drinks are only one-tenth as fine as the ladies, I wouldn't pass the oportunity to taste them. - He smiles at Inco warmly.

Helvén tries his best not to look directly at the breast of Inco, or any other barmaid. Altough a quick peeking doesn't count as looking...

Spoiler
    Show
    I was in Münich at the Oktoberfest. They have this 'breasts softly pushing out of the shirt' thing at a professional level. :)
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

Will Stelvana

Walking in, Will noticed the beauty, the barmaids and all the glamor; he just didn't care about all that, he was a halfling of practicality after all.
    "heh, so there IS an anti-magic spell on the place, but nice try lady, this halfling ain't charmed, beauty is all sparkle no substance, don't matter how beautiful you are, if you walked outside this inn a thief wouldn't hesitate to steal all your gold, and probably some other stuff too"
    that, and Will thought to himself, someday someone will find a way around the enchantments, or learn how to dispel them, everything had a golden age just before their decline.

16. - Top - End - #46

Cyral Fallowfeather

After chuckling for a moment he responds to Osoend in Elven.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, but cities produce the sugar cubes, and if he chose to smite this place then there would be fewer treats for all horses."

Cyral thanks the stable girl and gives her a warm smile as Ramsey trots into his enclosure.

"Thank you miss," he hands her a gold coin, "Ramsey loves to be pampered, so if you could give him a rub-down we'd both appreciate it."

Walking quickly, Cyral moves to catch up to the others. As he steps through the doorway he takes in a deep breath of the tavern smells... and then staggers as if hit by a blow. He quickly recovers but somehow his presence, the inner strength that seemed to pour from him, is gone, leaving only a battle-scarred halfling.

"I... I can't feel Yondalla... or Ramsey."

Cyral steadies himself and takes a long look around the tavern before moving. He clutches his sword pommel tightly, but does not make any move to draw it, as he walks up to the bar with the others.

"I'm sorry mistress Inco, this deadening effect might be pleasing to some of your guests but..." he looks around the bar a bit unsteadily, "I find it unsettling. Just a glass of water will do me fine though."

Cyral sits at the bar in a clearly uncomfortable manner for a moment before speaking again.

"This may be uncouth of me, but if you have information for us I would personally prefer it if you could relay it quickly."

As for her beauty Cyral was quite impressed, but he was a traditional halfling and all that leg didn't quite suit him.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Osoend hands his treasured weapon over to the youth at the door, and leaves Natul in the stables, promising to return shortly. As he reaches the door, he steps briskly onto the thresh-hold, the buildings effect taking hold of him.

Jxyzqk.

Shaking his head for a moment, Osoend orients himself.

Oh, I feel... Light. Wise-Woman have big magic.

Osoend looks around at the patrons, his eyes settling on Inco. A moderately surprised look appears on his face.

Wise woman also have big-

Once again shaking his head, Osoend clears his throat, moving to the bar. Giving a quick glance to the array of strangely shaped bottles with mysterious liquid inside them that every bar has, to a greater or lesser degree, Osoend thinks wistfully of Natul-Thosi, the burning, fiery liquid that the Codael-Thor tribe of travelling monks used to brew, the secret of the making of which only was handed out to a few tribes in the plains, his included. He absent-mindedly speaks to himself in his native tongue briefly:

Elven
    Spoiler
    Show

What I would not give for a skin full of Natul-Thosi now.

Snapping out of his reverie, he turns to their 'interesting' host. Swiftly placing middle and index finger onto the palm of his hand, just below his thumb, in formal greeting.

Hello Inco, I am Osoend Osirak of Val-Vodaes tribe, lords of the Bali de Cysi, in what you call; 'eastern plains'. Also, I would like a drink of your fire-water, if you have strong kind.

Osoend smiles warmly, and hopefully.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-09-26 at 11:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy gives the doorman a nod before advancing into the inn. His knowledge of magic is advanced enough to not be surprised as his magic is withdrawn from his mind and equipment.
    Yet Inco enthralls him, and to distract himself of her beauty, he looks around the inn, gauging the tables and chairs, trying to concentrate on little meaningless details. Then he assists Cyral at talking, speaking up:

"Nice inn you got here, Inco, I noticed how the tables match the curtains, just as the barmaids match the ambiente of this nice place, yet none of those matches you. Even the sun of Pelor only equals your shine. My name is Leroy, this is Cyral, Will, Osoend, Rurik, Helvén and Adam"

Introducing the adventuring party to her, he gives her his best smile, trying not to lose eye contact in favor of one of the other girls in this place.

"It's known that you have established a web of contacts in Davenport, and that you are the person to talk to when someone need to tap into this surplus of informations."

For a second, Leroy wants to add a request for a light wine, but then realises that it's too early to drink. He wouldn't decline though if Inco offered him something. Instead he continues:

"You probably know, we are adventurers looking for employment, so we would need to know if someone needs our skills. We heard a man mentioning gossip about some kind of curse..."

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Helvén

Now, William, and Cyral, drop the rudeness! - He says it not seriously at all, with a smile on his face, and he couldn't resist to add - And quit looking under the barmaid's skirts, it's not nice!

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Will Stelvana

"says the tall human in armor sneaking quick glances at their *items* and then looking the other direction before anyone could notice, to the halfling who is rather unimpressed with any of this.....though I do admit the whole atmosphere contributes to the sharing of information we all need..."

21. - Top - End - #51

Helvén

The young human is not upset by the halfling's response at all, and keeping his playful tone, just to further anger the stern halfling, he answers keeping his playful tone - Accusing the others is considered to be rude, my dear sir! If I buy you a drink, will you primise to relax for while? If we just run after informations, we will never get to chance to use any of them. For example, our last information, to come here, proved to be the best in a while, and I would like to use it, by spending some time here.

22. - Top - End - #52

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I have nothing to say yet- I will tomorrow/Saturday. As this is Fri I'm trying to clean my room. So I'll post all the information you have ever wanted tomorrow.

Inco leans over the edge of the counter a bit, “I am glad you are enjoying the atmosphere. I knew you were coming before you knew you were coming here,” she says calmly cleaning a glass out. “Well I just say that to sound impressive- though I did know you were coming,” she says as she bows her head to each of the party members. "So, Leroy, Cyral, Will, Osoend, Rurik, Helvén and Adam- welcome to my house in Davenport. I know much about the going-ons around here.”

Each of the barmaids address their individual needs as Inco smiles at Leroy. “Well yes there is a “curse” as it were roaming around the outer towns. Something happened to some of the townsfolk that use to visit have all vanished. However I have heard that they are coming back and completely normal.”

Inco moves about behind her bar, moving gracefully as she thinks. “I would visit Lavertolf, that is were the rumor of these disappearances first started occurring. If I were you though- I would be careful. I would be ready to use your willpower to protect yourself. You could stay here for a few days or just the night,” she said with great wisdom and then a wink at the end.
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-09-28 at 04:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

Will Stelvanna

"Well I can't speak for the group, so I'll say I'll stay if they will too" he said, shrugging

24. - Top - End - #54

Osoend looks thoughtful, fiddling with a bead tied to a lock of his hair.

Hmm. I like idea of adventure, sick of road-dust. Hmm... Would there be chance of profit for Osoend and friends? Though I so bored, would gladly consider free, few extra shinies would be good.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Each of the barmaids address their individual needs"; does that mean we've been served our drinks? Lol.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy can't resist to blush as Inco comes closer, and leans on the bar to prevent himself shaking.

"Well, thanks for the proposal, and be assured that we all would be glad to stay, however, our purses are quite empty, so we would like to work now, right, guys?"

He looks around his group to gauge whether there are any complains. Leroy feels unconfortable when talking for everyone.

"Also, we shouldn't hesitate, since this curse seem to evoke fear among the citizens if Davenport. Let's make a compromise: we'll promise to celebrate our accomplishments in the Sun Spot when we return, and of course share everything we learned with you. We would then stay for a night or two"

He has to distract himself with concentrating on the image of the dung demon he read about to stop blushing for a moment, then continues.

"Osoend had a good point there. Has somebody already offered a wage for solving this curse-problem, and which is the shortest way to Lavertolf? I guess we should head there for more details, like you adviced, dear Inco, or was there something else we should know?"

Leroy's impression is that Inco didn't tell them everything.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-09-29 at 04:59 AM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Helvén

The boy spared little attention to the informations, he's sure it's in good place within Will's memory. He continued to enjoy the atmosphere, and the nice barmaids, as well as a drink or two meanwhile.

27. - Top - End - #57

Cyral Fallowfeather

For the first time since entering the bar Cyral seems to get back some of his presence and he sits a little straighter.

"If folk are being abducted then we have a duty to find out why. People should not have to live in fear of the unknown," he drinks some of his water, "I agree with Leroy, we should leave immediately. I think we would all appreciate it if you could give us a rough estimation of the travel time though Inco. The gate guards might be more specific but it would help us gauge whether or not we'd have time to pick any supplies up."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

DruidGirl

Inco looks pleasantly surprised and smiled happily, “I’m glad that you all seem to generally agree with each other. Well I can tell you that Lavertolf is to the southeast about three days travel. Yes there is a reward for the figuring out and stopping the curse. I am the one offering the reward- 10,000 gold. Yes I’d let you stay here also and I do not know anything more. The quickest way though is through the forest though I would advice staying on the road for even if it took a bit longer to get there because if you get lost in the forest you will be lost forever.”

Inco smiles and shrugs. “I shall talk to you all later if you are still here dears,” she said moving on to the back to get more wine and beer. She waved a bit and moved her hips very softly as she walked. The other barmaid made sure to give you guys all drinks.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adam sits at a table off to the side and listens silently to the discussion between Leroy and the attractive bartender. Nursing a single glass of wine the whole time, he uses it to conceal his smiles at Leroy's awkwardness around the woman. Despite his flustered state, however, the young man remains sharp, and asks all of the questions Adam himself would have, so he raises no objections.

As the bartender walks away, he asks the group, "Are we agreed, then, that we shall head to this town to investigate the disappearances? How quickly can we be ready to leave?" He hefts his pack, which he had been carrying with him, and continues, "As you can see, I've been ready to go..."

30. - Top - End - #60

Cyral Fallowfeather

"We.. well by we I mean everyone but Osoend, should purchase or rent some mounts for this trip to make things go quicker. Ramsey can only exist in our world for about ten hours before returning to Yondalla's realm, and I've already used up an hour or longer today, I wasn't really paying attention. Plus I'd like to save him for if we get into trouble."

Cyral pauses and strokes his chin.

"You know, I wouldn't mind trying out a pony for the hours that Ramsey isn't around. I haven't ridden one in years," Cyral seems enthused with the idea, but then his face falls, "Although Ramsey gets pretty jealous when I ride anything else," he looks conspiratorially at the others and lowers his voice unconsciously, "Don't tell him that I'm going to get one, it's worse when he has the time to get a good sulk in."

He sits upright and gives the others a wink before continuing.

"*Ahem* Aside from that we should get some extra supplies in case we're delayed by anything, some sugar for Natul-lad and some turnips for Ramsey. Do you happen to know of any good hostlers mistress Inco?"
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-10-04 at 10:31 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show