New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Cellis

as the Enlightened expanded, It, aided by Cellis used their power to create creature to aid them. Massive worm chewed the entire floors of valleys and fields to destroy rocks and fertilize the field. Creatures modeled after the grain harvester appeared, having a digestive system that needed very few nutrients, and a dry sack to hold all the food the didn't need so it could be distributed. New breeds of fish took over the coastal area's and excess number were fish regularly. all this to reduce the cost of setting up colonies.

Meanwhile, new limbs and appendages appeared on existing bodies, and different abilities were gained by bodies that were specialized.

In the white city, several former criminals help build an embassy than begin working on civic projects with the government.

Spoiler
    Show

1 major act to boost Enlightened development
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Balider

Balider looked down upon his cities from his throne in a cloud, and sent down his avatar to educate them further, and further boost their crop production, and assit them in finding new ore pockets in the many mountain ranges of the north.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Gargax

"I understand."

The Krystallen looked around, then returned to Gargax.

"You must feel alone in here...even as an Archlich. You know...I'm not even sure I'm real. I may be only a memory or a figment of your mind given life. Or I'm simply what's left of Ailaster's soul. In any case, I think I can help you. I know what you seek. You are still looking for our homeworld. You always wanted to know what was in that tomb...

Am I right?

What if I told you that this world still existed?"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis to Balder

As the entourage approaches, a very large and distinctively colored Giant ant comes forward, flanked by about a dozen warriors. Greetings, I am Kllir'tch, Mage and diplomat for Commander Hriitkik and Queen Lirth'rith. How may I help you
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    The dragons expanded throughout the fortresses made centuries ago by Saradinus. Meanwhile, the most devout of Saradinus'es wizards, were given the Wand of Power made for him by Cyrus, and passed down throughout the generations.

The Avatar continued to further educate the Conjurors, as they had been teaching them for centuries. (minor Godly Act) After that, Saradinus had caused a giant, permanent, unkillable tree to sprout in the center of Teke island. The Life Tree blesses the entire land, allowing everything to be extremely healthier than they were before... Those who eat its leaves find themselves completely healed from all injury. Those who taste its fruit find they could live for more than a couple of life spans on average. (MAJOR GODLY ACT)

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Th Two Twilight Archons pass to the side, and the air seems to shimmer slightly as the body gaurds move to reveal the Protoss King a regal being clad in the msot elabourate folds of gold, and purple, then the bug felt a elegant, yet aged voice speak inisde his head.
    "Greetings I'am High Preist sargand, and the leader of the Protoos, you are crrently encraoching on the great city of Shakuras, and we request that you withdraw whatever your doing here, so that we can negotiate thigns without you at the baorders of our great city."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Of course I still desire to know what was in that tomb I was so close to... whatever it was I was looking for Gargax looks confused. He couldn't remember what it was he had been looking for in the first place. I suspected the old world was there, I just don't know how to get there.

----

The Ensirex meanwhile, having heard of the followers of Abraxys from their trade partners, the Enlightened, sent an ambassador to meet with the odd peoples. A convoy of Ensirex, a vampire at their head and a number of average undead, as well as undead beasts and unintelligent undead with moaning souls drifting overhead and around the group as always accompanies such forays. They brought proof of their wares, bone armors and tools as well as lore books on necromancy and death magics, as well as braziers that contain their odd blue fire. A total of three Changed accompanied the party, though they only knew of one. The first took the form of an odd creature, it had the head of a large insect, an oddly shaped body covered in scales with three bony arms coming off of it, and long chicken legs, with webbed feet. This one traveled with the group. The second came as one of the Ensirex in the group, possessing his body, and the third had possessed one of the pieces of armor.

---

Svearin spread his message of the Silver Prince in secret, telling fellow dwarves and ogres alike of the glorious creature. He made a church in his basement, and brought other followers their, where they basked in the glory of his presence and listened to his message of immortality and perfection. Slowly the cult of Ocogoiks the Silver Prince.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-20 at 02:47 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Cyrus

The leader of the party turned to the god in disguise.

"I didn't know the ogres had already reached the valley. Inside the dome is Genesis, our birthplace. Foreigners are forbidden to enter, as they are considered impure. Do not take it the wrong way. We do not want war with the people of Cyrus Leomin. We are even ready to establish trade relations.

Most important to our people is the right to sail freely on the river, through ogre land, to reach the ocean."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis to Balder

unfortunately, I do not have the authority to move the Hive, To do so would require the approval of the Queen and the Commander. If you would follow me you could meet them, or the commander, with a honor guard of course, would negotiate with you at a neutral place.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

As he practicly back sass'd the king he will notice a sudden violent shimmer in the air that is stopped rather aburptly....
    "We will negotiate with the King, and Queen personally thank you.. i would prefer not to leave my honor gaurd though, I mean no slight, but I have no knwoldge of your civilization, and I don't get as old as I'am by takign risks."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus, in the dreams of the visitors to White City, taught them ways to approach and guide the other mortals towards Good.... (minor godly act)
    Saradinus thought about the fact that everyone else seemed to be spreading, while, he was on a large island.... Yes... he had plans..

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis to Balder

The Commander is not a king, he is an agent of the Empress. You may take 10 guards, as the tunnels are untested and.. he gestures towards not-exactly-insubstantial armor on the guards
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

((yes the Twilight Archons are rather large aren't they? I think they are bigger than a siege tank IIRC))
    The majoirty of the twilight Archons leave except for two, and the commander will ntice that the air is REALLY shimmering right now, but it looks like nothing more than a heat haze to any untrained in psionics, and not using a detection spell.
    "Then take us to him."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Gargax

Ailaster nodded.

"I'm not entirely sure how to get there from here. I suggest you do some research on the outer planes. I'll come back to you when I know more...or when you need some company."

The "spirit" smiled and slowly faded away.

--------------------------

The modified humanoids were pleased with the Ensirex's offer. They led them to a small town (outside the dome) and showed them various metals, machines and scrolls dealing with grafting.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-20 at 03:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The disguised Cyrus shrugs. "Nor do we wish war. But as to free passage on the river, that might be a problem. A city has been established at the mouth of the river. While I cannot say for sure, I am guessing some means of...payment may be required. But I am sure some sort of arrangement can be made. But that is not my place to decide."

He turns and walks away. As soon as he is out of sight, he goes to his sanctuary. The item was still there where he'd left it. Calix said he could make it into anything he wanted. But what to make? An endless stream of ideas went through his mind before Cyrus finally choose one. And so Cyrus set to work molding the item to the shape he desired. In the end, he had a beautiful necklace. Made of several segments, each segment was a flat circle of adamnatite with a different rune inscribed on it in mithril. Not only did the necklace greatly enhance and empower the rune-magic of anyone that wore it, it also granted increased health, vitality, and resistance to illness, disease, and magicks.

Pleased with his work, Cyrus put the necklace on and went to go see how his newest people were faring. Already they had built boats for themselves to explore the surrounding sea. Thinking of the Dvergar upriver, Cyrus caused the cliffs surrounding the river's mouth to become sheer and unclimbable, in order to better protect Stostina.

Spoiler
    Show

Major act to create the Necklace of Runecraft (all the starcraft references lately, its the only thing I could think of)
    Minor act to change the terrain near Stostina
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

16. - Top - End - #376
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erothayce

The time-shifters had continued to explore and they had found a land across the sea where there were no other races and they explored this sometimes establishing small villages and continuing to learn more about the planet. They had learned much from the civilizations of the other gods so they knew quite a bit about these civilizations and their specialties and had been able to subsume it into their culture and refine it in ways the original cultures would never think of.

Erothayce had been writing in his great book of knowledge everything that had happened since the moment the gods had been awakened. He was far from amused about what Gargax was doing but he would not interfere at this point. He decided it was time he came out of isolation. He broadcast a message to all the gods, "Hello esteemed brothers and sisters, I know I have been estranged from you but I have been busy with important things. I wished to inform you all that my people have found a land across the sea if you are interested then speak to me and my people shall show you a safe way to this other land. Also I know much about everything that is or has happened in the universe up until this point. If you are interested in this knowledge I am willing to teach some for the right price."
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-09-20 at 03:08 PM.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as Balider heard the opprutunity for expansion he teleported to the osruce of the message his forms literaly rendign the clouds around him as he teleported.
    "Greetings new one, i'am Balider Creator of Auir, and the Protoss."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

Listen. I don't care who you are. You may be ancient must this is my domain now. They ashenborn are nothing more than manifestations of my power. They are souls meant to do nothing but destroy. If you think you have all the power here you are wrong. I have more control over fire then you ever will. In a fit of rage he grabbed K'Salaii by the necks. He put a grip so tight that it could crush his volcanoes in seconds. Obviously you are a thinker. Patient and believes he's in control even when he does nothing. A true god crushes his opponent with the most effective method and angering me was not your best choice. Mavil now had a grin on his face. He was elated in the struggle.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

19. - Top - End - #379

Erothayce

"I am far from new. I know you and if you stop for a second and think then you know me also. What do you offer in trade for this knowledge to the other lands?

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

Very well, follow me. I regret that the conditions are probably not of the caliber your used to Leading the party though a winding number of tunnels, full of small and deft workers mining or tunneling, and a few fungus farms. Eventually they reached a large chamber full of warriors training, and scouts constantly reporting to a few larger creatures. After a short and tense exchange of clicks, they are led, now accompanied by a score of large warriors, into a tunnel nexus, leading to several chambers like the last one. Inside are 5 slightly smaller ants like the guide, two pitch-black ones, and a ogre-sized one with several extra claws and arms. All of them looking at the newcomers. The Commander clicked quickly and tersely to the guide, who spoke. The Commander wishes to know your reason for the visit. He states he was unaware of any other habitation in a 5 day mission circle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax nodded at his friends departure, and sought to search around the outer planes when possible.

----

The Ensirex were intrigued by the grafting, and they found the machines quite interesting too. They chittered excitedly at the possibilities grafting could have in conjunction with Necromancy. They spoke with the modified humanoids about this, and the possibility of bonding souls to machines.

----

With the worship of Svearin and his fellow Silver Sons, as well as the souls of a small number of his followers he had "enlightened" and absorbed into his own being, he was growing more in power. Now his form shone radiantly with gold and platinum, he decided to extend his influence. First, he moved to solidify the trust of his followers, raising Svearin to a Changed, granting him immortality as he had promised, and promising the same reward for his most faithful. He told his followers to spread the word to the other settlements of Cyrus in secret, and he bade Svearin to take his place at the head of this towns cult, and he took with him a number of his Silver Sons, to the capital of the Dwarves. There, he took his place in a small warehouse, and had it repaired. He told his worshipers to find new initiates for his Church.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Anybody who tries to come near him will find themselves pushes away by an invisible force, and any attempts will cause the air to shimmer violently as if something is ther stopping them.....
    "We only travle'd a day from our location, so I assure you it is the errorr of your scouts, adn their inability to see through the many viels of the city, although I will not hold it against them... We do request that you push back your forces the beings here are obviously militaristic, and I do not wish for a war that would end poorly for at least one of us."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Mavil

K'Salaii laughed. His necks turned into smoke and escaped Mavil's grip. The firebird then surprised the god by breathing a cone of magma. Even if Mavil was normally immuned to fire, his body was damaged by the blast. The wound slowly regenerated but the pain remained.

"Fool! You didn't even realize your were not in your domain anymore. Here, you are no match for me! This isn't even my true form, only a shadow. Why did I come to anger you? Well, I don't know. Why not have some fun before crushing you and your armies of pathetic followers?"

A light as bright as the sun blinded Mavil. When he opened his eyes, only seconds later, the Elemental Lord was gone.

24. - Top - End - #384

Ikassi

The earth godess had been tending to her metal stores, listening to the earth. She was not sure what was happening, but she felt great changes from every side. The volcanoes and the wastelands in the south were seething, strange whispers from the west in Gargax's land and the development of Enlightened to the north. The world was changing quickly. It was time.

A surge of power that had never been felt before had come from the desert. Great quakes were felt, especially in the surrounding lands, though no damage was caused by them.

At the heart of the desert, Ikassi erupted from the earth holding the relic. A great sandstorm brewed and the sand churned as a mountanous structure emerged from the ground.

The structure was a perfectly smooth obelisk of pure refined Starmetal with many smaller jagged spires of the metal jutting out from the ground around it at odd angles. As the sand around it settled down, a cocophony of sounds emmanated from the great spire. there were shrieks, chitters and hums that would drive many who listened to it insane. Even many of the Gods would find it's sound unsettling.

When the massive Obilesk emerged completely, the winds would carry word to those who were ready for true mastery of the earth. Only those who had perfect internal ballance would be able to make sense of the melody of the planet's heart.

When she was finished, the godess sat cross-leged at the base of the Shrieking Spire, listening to the melodies the earth had to offer.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a big, whopping 3 major acts of creation molded into 1 (acts 3, 4, and 5). Every god felt the creation of the Shrieking Spire The first was to use the power of the relic to shape it into a starmetal obilesk with roots that reached to the very core of the earth. The second was to make it a divine "sanctuary" The third was to create the art of Earth Binding. Those who are Earthbound are incredibly in touch with the planet, being able to draw strength from the earth, speak with stones and even develop limited control of their immediate surroundings. This is not a form of magic.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

Mavil started laughing as the creature disappeared.For someone willing to have your quick to run. Nonetheless, this should ease my boredom. I was looking for something to occupy my time. Mavil quickly returns to his own domain. Not so much angered as amused by the challenge Mavil decided to seek out the creature.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Feeling the creation of the Shrieking Spire, Cyrus went to investigate. Upon arrival he notices Ikessi. He bows before her, smiling. "Greetings sister! This is truly a masterpiece. I only wish I would have been able to help. What do you call it?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

27. - Top - End - #387

Erothayce

Feeling a great disturbance Erothayce went to investigate. "What do you call this structure and what is it's purpose? Please enlighten my thirsting mind."

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis
    the commander spoke through the diplomat
    If your willing to swear an oath of non-agression to us, we'll swear the same to you, and withdraw our troops withing the month. The quee will most likely be interested in trade goods, and the possibility of pruchasing lands for her daughters to rule.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax sent an avatar to Ikassi, he had one Changed with him. It took the form of an Ensirex, twisted until it was more beetle than humanoid, and it was covered in the foul runes of the Ensirex. Gargax spoke It reminds of my Ensirex's chittering speech. Greetings Ikassi, it has been awhile young one.

30. - Top - End - #390

Ikassi

Slowly, the goddess opened her eyes and looked at Cyrus

The god of craft would not have been able to help in this place's genesis. While you are a grand crafter, it was not something that could be built through such knowledge. It is the earth at it's purest form. This, my friend, is the Voice of the Planet.

She stood and moved to one of the lesser spires. Touching its rough surface, she extracted a fistfull of the substance. This, she handed to the Ogre.

I apologise for depriving you of the metal, but it was necessary. Take this and do great things with it.

As for you, knowledge seeker, have a seat next to me and see what the earth has to say.

She turned to Gargax

It has been a while anctient one. What brings you here?
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-20 at 03:40 PM.