New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Mavil

Azum, now inside the library in the White City. There he picked up a book. Inside he learned of all the current trade routes. He put the book back. He turned to the librarian. This is the library that the travelers have made correct? The one with all the knowledge? The librarian nods her head. Good. Azum turns around then quickly turns back and slashes the librarian killing her. He starts laughing. He turns around and starts burning and slashing the library. As the library is caught entirely in a bright flame, Azum rushes off the roof. He leaps and calls his phoenix. It arrives and catches him and quickly flies away to the ashenborn.

Elsewhere, in the Twilight City, Castel arrives at the temple. Priests and other worshipers are praying at the tablet left behind by Polaris. Castel walked towards the front up to tablet the worshipers around him giving the nudge the bow down. Castel starts to bow directly in front of the tablet, but swiftly springs up and punches the tablet. The tablet is now split due to the enormous hit dealt by Castel.Don't you see you were abandoned. You have not been blessed but forgotten. You god has deserted you and I can see why. Castel uses his tremendous force to destroy everything inside the temple, animate or not. As he walks out he punches a pillar on the structure causing it to fall. He hops on his phoenix and flies off to head back home.

Standing in a tree surrounded by wyvern riders and and an esteemed host Rexgen smiles. So we aren't the only race blessed with creatures of flight. It seems like I will get treated with the most fun.Rexgen pulls out his gem and holds it his hand. In the other he holds his sword. His slashes at the closest wyvern riders and sticks his sword into the tree. He slides down the tree leaving a trail of fire along it. Whether the tree is destroyable or not is not his concern. He calls his phoenix down. As he continues to slide down. Even if the tree survives it shall remain scarred forever. At the base he hops onto his phoenix and heads home. Let's see if they follow us home. If they do they will be "warmly" welcomed. HEY! YOU'LL NEVER BE AS BLESSED AS I. He glances back to see the expressions left on their faces.
    Last edited by Bleedingblade; 2008-09-21 at 04:32 PM.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

2. - Top - End - #512

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi

Ikassi continued to watch the flaming giant as he pushed past the guards. She leapt from the building so that she would be waiting in front of the temple doors when Castel came.

Ahh, so a visitor. What brings you to the Twilight City? I am afraid that none may enter the temple at this time.

To Castel, she looked like just another mortal.
    Castel pushes the being before him to side. Not even saying a word to her. His strength not questioned by anyone's not even that of a demi-gods.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblade View Post
    Mavil

Azum, now inside the library in the White City. There he picked up a book. Inside he learned of all the current trade routes. He put the book back. He turned to the librarian. This is the library that the travelers have made correct? The one with all the knowledge? The librarian nods her head. Good. Azum turns arounds then quickly turns back and slashes the librarian killining her. He starts laughing. He turns aeound and starts burning and slashing the library. As the library is caught entirely in a bright flame, Azum rushes off the roof. He leaps and calls his phoenix. It arrives and catches him and quickly flies away to the ashenborn.

Elsewhere, in the Twilight City, Castel arrives at the temple. Preists and other worshipers are praying at the tablet left behind by Polaris. Castel walked towards the front up to tablet the worshipers around him giving the nudge the bow down. Castel starts to bow directly in front of the tablet, but swiftly springs up and punches the tablet. The tablet is now split due to the enormous hit dealt by Castel.Don't you see you were abandoned. You have not been blessed but forgotten. You god has deserted you and I can see why. Castel uses his tremendous force to destroy everything inside the temple, animate or not. As he walks out he punches a pillar on the structure causing it to fall. He hops on his phoenix and flies off to head back home.

Standing in a tree surrounded by wyvern riders and and an esteemed host Rexgen smiles. So we aren't the only race blessed with creatures of flight. It seems like I will get treated with the most fun.Rexgen pulls out his gem and holds it his hand. In the other he holds his sword. His slashes at the closest wyvern riders and sticks his sword into the tree. He slides down the tree leaving a trail of fire along it. Wether the tree is destroyable or not is not his concern. He calls his phoenix down. As he continues to slide down. Even if the tree survives it shall remain scarred forever. At the base he hops onto his phoenix and heads home. Let's see if they follow us home. If they do they wel will be "warmly" welcomed. HEY! YOU'LL NEVER BE AS BLESSED AS I. He glances back to see the expressions left on their faces.

Myrokhan smirks as the forever scarred tree heals.(Major Acts shouldn't be undone with mortals...) "And as for you.." Myrokhan retorts with a mighty blast of arcane lightning from the Wand forged from Cyrus. "Don't think we haven't set up measures to retaliate in case something like this happens." Seeing the desecration of the Tree Saradinus made with his Major Act, he attacked with his Grand Book of Spells, sending an attack of pure wrath upon Rexgen.(From the Good domain, to ensure that it doesn't hit any innocent people.)

Edit:
    The mercenary Ashen born were welcomed... City leaders decided to sign a Non-Aggression Pact with the Ashenborn in case they were needed.

The Protoss community living on Teke Island were offered access to the Acadamies and education of magic if they would fight for Tekia.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-21 at 04:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

A pair of Protoss open the main entrance a wave of dust colliding with the group, and the entrance itself is revealed to be entirely dark with no ivison even though you can palinly see a torch only 5 feet away...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The leader of the Protoss that had been sent a exploerer, and black smith by the name of Tassadar came to the man asking them to fight.
    "We will fight in Auirs name."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-09-21 at 04:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

The Ants, barely using its eye's at all, see's just the same, and says, These runes on the walls seem to be some form of writing.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

6. - Top - End - #516

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Myrokhan smirks as the forever scarred tree heals.(Major Acts shouldn't be undone with mortals...) "And as for you.." Myrokhan retorts with a mighty blast of arcane lightning from the Wand forged from Cyrus. "Don't think we haven't set up measures to retaliate in case something like this happens." Seeing the desecration of the Tree Saradinus made with his Major Act, he attacked with his Grand Book of Spells, sending an attack of pure wrath upon Rexgen.(From the Good domain, to ensure that it doesn't hit any innocent people.)

Edit:
    The mercenary Ashen born were welcomed... City leaders decided to sign a Non-Aggression Pact with the Ashenborn in case they were needed.

The Protoss community living on Teke Island were offered access to the Acadamies and education of magic if they would fight for Tekia.
    Sensing approaching danger Mavil swiftly appears athe the edge of his domain. He uses a minor act the block the attacks on Rexgen as he crosses the border. Rexgen arrives back in the city and lands next to the other two. He gives them a grina nd rests for the day.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashenborn have never left my domain, only go the the edge. Not once did the sign a treaty or form a mercenary group. There is no non-agrgression act between the ashenborn and anyone.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Barbarian in the Playground

Never before had Ikassi felt anger such as this . Her matriarchal self was drowned in pure fury. She saw what the "thing" did to the temple of her friend, and wrath flowed through her very being. The earth shakes and lightning strikes several times as the winds become far more treacherous.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ikassi uses a Major Act to get the Wrath domain

Did they not know that the city was under her protection? She had given him a chance, but no, he chose to destroy that which was precious to her and the people.

As Castel tries to fly away, he is caught in a cyclone of dust and debris.

Appearing before Castel, Ikassi Simply watches as both bird and rider are unable to break away from the sand-cyclone. Slowly, she raised a hand, and the pheonix was engulfed by sand and stone leaving the helples Castel to drift within the vortex.

Whoever sent you, tell them this. The Earth Mother is not to be trifled with, nor are her people. I will destroy any of your kind whenever possible. You have made a grave mistake this day!

She spread her arms, and lightning struck castel again and again. As he writhed helplessly, the sand-cyclone closed in on him. There was a horrendous screech as he was essentially turned inside out and torn to shreds by the sand, his physical body completely obliterated. She knew it's spirit would crawl back to it's master, but...what was this. As the storm settled down, the amulet that Castel wore fell to the ground. She picked it up, knowing its maker would want it back, and smiled to herself.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Timeforged named Mikonos and his minotaur bodyguards offered Myrokhan their help in defending Tekia. The archmage discovered that they were formidable warriors and that Mikonos had some power over time and space.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The phoenix may be quick, but Saradinus is a greater god of magic on Teke. Rexgen is blasted away before getting to the border of Mavil's realm.

10. - Top - End - #520

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Never before had Ikassi felt anger such as this . Her matriarchal self was drowned in pure fury. She saw what the "thing" did to the temple of her friend, and wrath flowed through her very being. The earth shakes and lightning strikes several times as the winds become far more treacherous.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ikassi uses a Major Act to get the Wrath domain

Did they not know that the city was under her protection? She had given him a chance, but no, he chose to destroy that which was precious to her and the people.

As Castel tries to fly away, he is caught in a cyclone of dust and debris.

Appearing before Castel, Ikassi Simply watches as both bird and rider are unable to break away from the sand-cyclone. Slowly, she raised a hand, and the pheonix was engulfed by sand and stone leaving the helples Castel to drift within the vortex.

Whoever sent you, tell them this. The Earth Mother is not to be trifled with, nor are her people. I will destroy any of your kind whenever possible. You have made a grave mistake this day!

She spread her arms, and lightning struck castel again and again. As he writhed helplessly, the sand-cyclone closed in on him. There was a horrendous screech as he was essentially turned inside out and torn to shreds by the sand, his physical body completely obliterated. She knew it's spirit would crawl back to it's master, but...what was this. As the storm settled down, the amulet that Castel wore fell to the ground. She picked it up, knowing its maker would want it back, and smiled to herself.
    Angered that anyone would even so much as touch he creation. Mavil watched as Castel grew back along with phoenix and was greeted by Mavil's avatar. Head back. I have this under control. Meeting Ikassi in the area before she would return to her own domain, Mavil approached her in his true form. Return what is mine or I will detroy your lands as well. You don't want your mortals to learn what it means to meet a god face to face do you?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Hearing the summons, Cyrus sent a group of ogres and dwarves to the Temple as well. They arrive just as the expedition is opening the doors. On hearing the ants' observation, the emissary speaks up. "Runes happen to be one of our strong points. Perhaps we can decipher them."

Meanwhile, Cyrus was troubled. Something was going on in the dwarven capital. Souls were disappearing. And so Cyrus sent his Hammers into the city to try and discover the source.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry LA, but now you're stealing his worshippers' souls. That changes things
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

12. - Top - End - #522

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    The phoenix may be quick, but Saradinus is a greater god of magic on Teke. Rexgen is blasted away before getting to the border of Mavil's realm.
    I will use an act to revive him. I'll even use a major one to give him more power.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Sensing approaching danger Mavil swiftly appears athe the edge of his domain. He uses a minor act the block the attacks on Rexgen as he crosses the border. Rexgen arrives back in the city and lands next to the other two. He gives them a grina nd rests for the day.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashenborn have never left my domain, only go the the edge. Not once did the sign a treaty or form a mercenary group. There is no non-agrgression act between the ashenborn and anyone.
    (I forgot who had the Ashenborn. :) )

The attack on Tekian soil was outrageous. Immediately Saradinus recast the Grand Spell over Tekia that prevented those with evil intent on entering into their territory.(Combined Grand Spell and Minor Act. If this is not enough to prevent gods from entering, it still prevents even special mortals from entering.)
    All those with Circle Magic began fortifying all the mage towers in Tekia. Those flying over the territory were given a scrying message. If they did not respond or submit to questioning, they were shot down. (Or chased away or eaten by conjured fliers.) As a greater god, Saradinus constantly used alter reality surrounding the Life Tree to bar those with no permission from approaching it.
    Myrokhan began fashioning a lesser version of the Great Wand to grant to magicians across the capital.(forming an elite unit, Minor Act)

The Timeforged named Mikonos and his minotaur bodyguards offered Myrokhan their help in defending Tekia. The archmage discovered that they were formidable warriors and that Mikonos had some power over time and space.
    Myrokhan accepted eagerly. "Yes, Love upon you." He blessed them with his mouth. "Come, eat from the fruit of the Tree."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-21 at 04:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Barbarian in the Playground

Angered that anyone would even so much as touch he creation. Mavil watched as Castel grew back along with phoenix and was greeted by Mavil's avatar. Head back. I have this under control. Meeting Ikassi in the area before she would return to her own domain, Mavil approached her in his true form. Return what is mine or I will detroy your lands as well. You don't want your mortals to learn what it means to meet a god face to face do you?
    Ikassi laughed at this, tossing the artifact in her hand.

You think you can best me here in the Twilight City? No, you have no power this far north, where as I have had faithful here long before your monstrosities walked the earth. You are nothing but a child playing an adult's game. If it were not for the decree of the Great Wyrm, I would destroy you now.

Now go, run back to your lands, before I decide to teach you a lesson in respect!

She turned, and as if in an afterthought, struck the pheonix again with lightning and ordered the earth to swallow it's ashes so it wouldn'd come back. The remade Castel plummeted from the sky and impacted on the ground far below.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-21 at 05:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Armin

Mykonos

"Thank you. We appreciate everything you have done. We will inform the Ethereals that this island is a safe haven for their kind. They won't worship Saradinus, but at least they will respect him. It is a shame that Everness isn't here with us. I'm sure he would have loved this place."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

In the white city, as the ashenborn attempts to fly away, one of the nearby Enlightened bodies begins casting a spell. Swarms and swarms of fireproofed insects engulfed the phoenix and bit and clawed at it to the point where it dived to the ground, bindings of thorns made of greenish light contain him, and burn like acid does to a normal human. In the city, dozens of the Enlightened workers start aging years at a time and a few crumble to dust.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #527

Griffon

Mavil

Mavil quickly created another phoenix to carry Castel away. Irregardless of where we are, we are still outside your domain. If you like listening to the wyrm so much then relize we are now on equal playing fields. You give me back my artifact or I will destroy this city myself. As he said that Castel headed back and got out of sight from the two.

18. - Top - End - #528

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

In the white city, as the ashenborn attempts to fly away, one of the nearby Enlightened bodies begins casting a spell. Swarms and swarms of fireproofed insects engulfed the phoenix and bit and clawed at it to the point where it dived to the ground, bindings of thorns made of greenish light contain him, and burn like acid does to a normal human. In the city, dozens of the Enlightened workers start aging years at a time and a few crumble to dust.
    Azum uses his scythe to start clearing the path. As it has yet to be imbued with Mavil's flames, he slices through the thorns and insects. He takes off once again. He prepares to strike down any other interference that crosses his path.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Appearing from a temple dedicated to himself, a chalice clasped easily in one clawed skeletal hand, the Archlich himself bellows with the might of his godhood. What is all this racket?! I can hear the commotion through my temple!
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

A great lance of greenish light goes straight though the phoenix, causing it to disintegrate and Azun to fall to the bottom of a pit on the ground

swarms of spiders quickly start to fill the pit, biting and entangling and trying to suffocation the ashenborn, while starting web the pit shut with superstrong web
    one of thew now-middle aged bodies in the city says to the Avatar A fire creature destroyed the library, these bodies are indentured to the service of the Cities lord, so we are trying to apprehend it.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-21 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #531

Griffon

Cellis

A great lance of greenish light goes straight though the phoenix, causing it to disintegrate and Azun to fall to the bottom of a pit on the ground

one of thew now-middle aged bodies in the city says to the Avatar A fire creature destroyed the library, these bodies are indentured to the service of the Cities lord, so we are trying to apprehend it.
    From the ashes the phoenix rises anew. Azum meanwhile burts and causes flames to surround him destroy both webs and spiders. He crawls out and rushes over and flies onward, knowing that he will be safe when he reaches the border.
    Last edited by Bleedingblade; 2008-09-21 at 05:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

From the ashes the phoenix rises anew. Azum rushes over and flies onward, knowing that he will be safe when he reaches the border.
    edited the post a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #533

Griffon

edited the post a bit.
    Took care of it.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Archlich stepped into the sky, his feet literally falling on nothing but air as though it were smooth ground, leaving burning trails of blue flames where his feet touch, he walks calmly and without urgency but he is moving far faster than the phoenix or the Ashenborn it bore. He quickly arrived before his enemy holding out one clawed hand, bidding him to stop.

25. - Top - End - #535

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

The Archlich stepped into the sky, his feet literally falling on nothing but air as though it were smooth ground, leaving burning trails of blue flames where his feet touch, he walks calmly and without urgency but he is moving far faster than the phoenix or the Ashenborn it bore. He quickly arrived before his enemy holding out one clawed hand, bidding him to stop.
    Mavil/Azum

Excuse me, can't you see I'm busy. If you wish to speak with me then we'll do it after I leave this domain, but if you want to get in my way then I don't have the time to deal with you.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

In one final bid, the Ashenborn and phoenix were both encased in a cocoon of pure light-green colored energy, unable to move, all flames snuffed out, and much heavier than air. It fell to the ground, and plants grew over it almost immediately.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Archlich just grinned, his skull-face easily accomadating the disturbing gesture, and he puts his arm easily around the Ashenborns body. Gargax pulled his face close to the Ashenborn, like an old friend reveling, and he spoke to him. Lets just stop and, calmly settle this matter with my associates
    ----

Ocogoiks had noticed the coming of the Hammers, his faithful telling him of their arrival. His followers all still venerated Cyrus, though he hoped that many of them were beginning to think of him as the god worthy of their most fervent worship. He told his most faithful to carefully guide the Hammers to him, making sure to know that he was a goodly god.

As they left, happy to do this for him, Ocogoiks the Silver-Tongued gave him a moment to smile. He could make this work for him...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-21 at 05:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Suddenly, the sky over the Twilight City lit up and turned red. A great firebird flew down from the sky, followed by dozens of giant bats made of flames. It was K'Salaii.

The Elemental Lord hovered above the two warring gods, while the bats circled the city.

"Is this the best you can do, God of the Ashenborn? I am not impressed!"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 05:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

The Archlich just grinned, his skull-face easily accomadating the disturbing gesture, and he puts his arm easily around the Ashenborns body, his body seemingly ignoring the fiery nature of his body. Gargax pulled his face close to the Ashenborns, like an old friend reveling, and he spoke to him. Lets just stop and, calmly settle this matter with my associates he gestures with the hand holding the goblet toward the angry delegates and gods below.
    see my post above yours.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-21 at 05:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

see my post above yours.
    I changed it so it still fits... I hope.