New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Portals covered in magical runes opened in the Marble Reaches and in Erothayce's realm, drawing in about 10% of the souls found in each domain. Their destination remained unknown.

The portals then disappeared in an instant.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-25 at 07:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier examined his followers, and rejoiced they had entered a new technological era, a era of more davanced harvesting methods, and better self defence. Where there were once Galeeons there now were Iron Maidens (Steam ships made of STEEL!), and some of the higher ranking ones even had a anti arcane field for the many arcane users of the other races they occasionly skirmished with.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus returned to his sanctuary deep under the dwarves' mountain. On the way, he saw that the armies were entering the passes. Most of them survived, and thanks to the Chalice of Life, all the wounded would be cured eventually.

Pleased with his people, Cyrus spared a bit of his magic to boost his people's population, causing them to grow out into the surrounding plains, especially the minotaurs.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor god act to spread people to 2,2 and 3,2
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

every war-body at the Battle died in the blast, the survivors life energy used to empower the Enlightened's avatar.

In the valley, idle bodies were sent into the charred lands, examining the mutations, useful ones being copied, useless ones purged. The enlightened as a whole prospered, with lots of trade, It quickly expanded further, subsuming the remnants of the Ant Empire (the Empress was killed by the volcanoes) and two squares in the other direction.

The Enlightened take over the Ants, fully colonize the ruins of the Twilight city, take over the bits of coast at 7,6 and expand to 7,5 and 7,4
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-25 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

Quakes became much more common and violent. The foothills near the desert were sometimes flooded during particularly wet years. Avalanches began to occur in the northern mountains. Storms creating forest fires menaced the people near them. Mines in the mountains were subject to cave ins if the miners were not careful as did many of the ant colonies around the twilight city. None were particularly dangerous, but they did cause the people affected to take notice.

(by the way, puppyavenger, you are muscling in on my territory!)

It was clear where these disasters were coming from. Also, the monster worms form the charred lands had multiplied, invading the foothills, the ruins of the twilight city and almost all of the desert. These began to eat the sentient ants whenever they could and were extremely hard to kill.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-25 at 07:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726

Alrinach

Nemerensis appeared with a white burst of light in the realm of Gargax and spoke into the darkness.

"Greetings, Bone Lord. I've come to see just how your attack on the Firebird faired."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[sorry thought you had abandoned it, the enlightened will go away if given a reason.] and they're not all giant ants

the Enlightened'a immediate response to hard to kill, adapted to the dessert creatures was to try and subsume them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    [sorry thought you had abandoned it, the enlightened will go away if given a reason.] and they're not all giant ants

the Enlightened'a immediate response to hard to kill, adapted to the dessert creatures was to try and subsume them.
    Saradinus'es decision to strengthen his people across the world took him over for a moment. Saradinus created a cloud with a Grand Spell that would travel over the world (strengthened with a minor god act)) and bring down blessings on the followers of Saradinus'es teachings. This cloud(only 1 km) could rain a powerful crop on those who also treated Saradinus'es followers well.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground

The protoss were abuzz today. they husseld to, and fro from place to place gathering supplies ammuntion, and able bodied men to man the new ship that was to set out today. It was more massive then anything else the Protoss had ever created, and more heavily armed as well.

The Protoss that had built this great Iron, and Steam powered monstroisty had planned for it to be a machine of war that could take thousands of soldiers across vast distances, and annihlate any of the current worlds forces in single combat.

However the manufacturer who had recived the architects orders was confused by the designs, so the Cargo hold, and the Below deck areas had gotten more attention the weapons as oirgnaly planned.

thus the leader of the expedition walked into a local tvaern to speak to the various saliors, and bar flies who happened to be seeking adventure.
    But, as he spoke they payed no attention to him, nor payed him any heed..... needless to say the Captian who by the way went by the name of EldHrimner O Lovisa thrust a psi dagger into one of the nearby tables, and held up a map.

"Attention Ye' raveonous swine I come to ye' today to offer ye' riches, and adventure like that never experienced before in history. So, I have come to ye bar flies because I seem to be a little short handed on men, and women for the long journey. So... which of ye' dog hearted fools is willing to come wit me!"
    Unforutantely for him not many volunteered, more so luckily ofr him is that it was a large bar, and after several hours of recuritment drives he had gotten enough drunken luggards, and sailors to set sail that very day, and that they did. The A.S. (Auirs ship) Entoro after the tradityonal Protoss term of praise left port, and sped towards towards lands unknown guided by a unseen force.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The night suddenly became a lot darker as the moon and several stars were obscured by the shadow of the Wyrm. While the mortals weren't aware of what was really happening, the gods felt the dreaded aura of power.

They all received this message:

"The Chosen of the Beast have all fought well against the Enemy. They have also cherished their people and protected them from harm. The planet is full of life again. Truly, they have done good.
    However, it is time for mortals to face their destiny. From now on, the gods won't be allowed to intervene directly in the lives of their worshippers. They will have to choose a more...subtle approach to deal with them.
    Soon, the Children of the Wyrm will walk the surface of the planet. Greet them with gifts, show them the wonders of your civilization....and they may grant you their blessing."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: This means gods aren't allowed to directly boost their civilization with minor or major acts: this includes artificially boosting tech, magical traditions, accelerate socioeconomic development, etc. The major ways by which you can influence your civilization are: creating new races/creatures with specific purposes, such as golems, creating artifacts (when you have at least one relic in store), creating new traditions that the people have to develop by themselves afterwards, granting spells to cleric (obviously) and causing natural disasters and the like to motivate them to act or to strenghten their will. You can also "guide" your people by using visions, dreams, prophecies and miracles. That includes manipulating events so that they seem to happen by accident and be completely unrelated.

Helping individuals from time to time, like a prophet, a champion or a high priest is not prohibited. Exception exists: you can act directly to prevent genocide of your people, for example. Gods are also allowed to influence Immortals and, obviously, Quasi-deities or Hero Deities. If this isn't clear, feel free to discuss it in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-25 at 10:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731

Ikassi

The sand worms prove hard to subsume and take many enlightened with them before they are subsumed. They prove to be powerful creatures, but because they came from corrupted matter, they were for the most part entirely mindless in the tasks they were given and often violent, snacking on other creatures whenever possible.

((Also, 7,6 is most definitely mine, 7,7 has been under my protection and surrounding villages are under my control, and 7,5 and 7,4 are, for the most part accessible only through lands controlled by myself, unless you plan to sit on the west side of the body of water.))

Ikassi looked at what was happening and smirked.
    Oh, I am so sorry, but I cannot take credit for this little faux pas. As you probably know, I have had only a limited part to play for my people, and they are stronger for it. I'm afraid your enlightened will not be welcome in these lands. You see, after the ashenborn attack, human and Myrmici alike have become very untrusting of outsiders, and the Twilight city remains under my protection, even in ruin.

Myrmici and Human settlers have spread to section 7,5 from the desert and section 7,6. 7,7 never stopped having myrmici in it.

In addition, the twilight city is being rebuilt by the mages of the old nation of polaris and the Earthbound myrmici that could lend their services.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, though. That rapid expansion was easily regarded as an assault and may continue to be
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-25 at 10:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Any lights that are cast into the darkness do not illuminate it unless of a decnt level of magic nature.
    The War Prince Adun was astounded by this new darkness that enveloped the lesser light soruces they possesed, but he forged on stepping willingly into the darkness, and after a few minuets he poked his head out, and said telepathicly.
    "The path is clear, and the way trap free except for the darkness."

13. - Top - End - #733

If I may..., Set began We can search ahead for weak points in the structure that may be dangerous for those who tread there.

Otako seemed to object to this, and began to say something, but was interrupted by her energetic companion.

No time for that! The unknown awaits, and we must answer the call of adventure!

This outburst warranted no more than an annoyed look from Otako.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    If I may..., Set began We can search ahead for weak points in the structure that may be dangerous for those who tread there.

Otako seemed to object to this, and began to say something, but was interrupted by her energetic companion.

No time for that! The unknown awaits, and we must answer the call of adventure!

This outburst warranted no more than an annoyed look from Otako.
    Saradinus
    Saradinus no longer had the ability to interfere so directly. Instead, he sent a brilliant emanation of inspiration to the highest conjuror of the land. The conjuror had learned how to bind fire, lightning and ice elementals. Beginning a school, the school's teaching's spread throughout the land (over the years, so as not to break the law.)

By now Tekia covered the whole island. The wizards there scried ruins, attempting to discover something new and exciting. Or dangerous, in which case they would deal with the new threat as soon as possible.

15. - Top - End - #735

Erothayce

Erothayce had watched as the other gods had battles K'salli. He ached to rush in and help but he feared for his people even more. He was overjoyed to see how they had beaten him. He felt a great disturbance on his plane as many souls were drained out. "What was that?!?!?" At this time he had no time to examine.
    He had to send his people back to where they belonged. "Come my people you are to go home now. Wander again and learn what you will. Rebuild the Great Library. When you are done consult me and I will give you all the knowledge."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back people.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the shadow of the Wyrm faded away, people all over the continent celebrated the defeat of the Firebird. Firwork displays lit up the sky. Heroes returning from the battle were given the highest honours.

Finally, a new era of peace was upon them.

--------------------

The Water Lord is getting restless, the People of the Sea feel it.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-26 at 09:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737

A myrmici pilgrimage of 1000 individuals marched to the sea. None were convicts or murderers. The leader stepped forward and called out.

We are ready to join the sea as our brothers have joined the earth.

The 1000 devout of Ikassi kneeled, awaiting their fate.

Ikassi herself sent a message to Ossua.

I suspect you are tired of getting the poisoned souls of slaves and criminals. I thought you might want something that was in its prime.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ossua swallowed the 1000 pilgrims whole.

"Most tasty! You have my thanks, Earth Mother."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-26 at 10:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

um ,Subsumed creatures all have the same mind, so their previous intelligences is a non-issue.

Finding the Sand Worms hard to subsume, and useless only for war, It sent them against each other, nullifying the threat for a while. Any that got past are greeted with sandstone spikes jutting out the ground, and small flying lizards jump on their back, and begin to burrow into the Worms organs with powerful acid.

It greets the other settlers, and ignore them unless there is a conflict

Meanwhile, the Enlightened begin expanding their farm land by making Caverns under the mountains, or using the existing ones, to farm nutritious fungus.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #740

Ikassi

The enlightened settlements in sectors 7,6 seem to have individuals go missing, farmlands occationally catch fire, and underground tunnles cave in.

One night, however, a loud humming sound from horns was heard from the surrounding land. A crush of sand worms, confused by the sound, tore through the Enlightened colony, but as suddenly as they came, they left to go underground.

That was when thew Myrmici struck. They were incredibly ferocious, tearing into the ants and battle forms with little regard for their own safety. There were fewer of the Myrmici then the rapidly multiplying Enlightened, but their strength could not be denied. They had been on this land far longer than the enlightened. For centuries they had discovered the strengths and weaknesses of the land. It seemed entirely winable for the enlightened, until the single Earthbound Myrmici came with the sand worms that had been used earlier in the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have made my first move. The enlightened may chose to fight back, run away, or try to negotiate. Either way, I did warn you that the rapid expansion was seen as an act of agression.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm perfectly fine with that.

The few Enlightened war-bodies that were in the ruins were mostly there to protect against the sand worms, being hulking behemoths designed to stop them for a bit, or the lizards who melt them from the inside. Many of the Hulks formed a line, smashing Myrmici left and right in till they were brought down, well the lizards poured acid form the sky. the other bodies, including a few hulks, retreated to a sandstone plateau they had manufactured, a telapthic message went out to all the attackers Why do you make war on me?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

The Titanic ship hit new ground on the opposing continent the land however was vieled in a thick cloying mist, and the waters themselves seemed to be corrupted, or tainted in someway.

Captians log the first day
    "Today we reached the new continent, and some of the ailkors even rejocied to be back on dry land. But, I fear that this land may be corrupted. We have found no game to speak of, and the few freshwater lakes we have found have either been tainted with some sort of blackness, or filled with large montrosities that would take a direct hit from one of our cannons to slay. I fear this land is not for us."

Captians Log day 2

"Good news. Today we found a oidd bbeast that wandered close to the ship. I suggested caturing it, but the men were starving for meat as none had been avliuable during the trip due to spilage issues. Needless to say I was appaled at how they devoured that animal, and I fear that the corruption that taints this land is seething its way into our minds, and corrupting our souls. I will move today for a return trip back to the main land of Auir... before its to late."

23. - Top - End - #743

Enlightened
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm perfectly fine with that.

The few Enlightened war-bodies that were in the ruins were mostly there to protect against the sand worms, being hulking behemoths designed to stop them for a bit, or the lizards who melt them from the inside. Many of the Hulks formed a line, smashing Myrmici left and right in till they were brought down, well the lizards poured acid form the sky. the other bodies, including a few hulks, retreated to a sandstone plateau they had manufactured, a telapthic message went out to all the attackers Why do you make war on me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your loss, I guess

The Myrmici were far harder to kill than the Enlightened realized. Those who were bashed aside would usually pick themselves up and keep fighting untill they were absolutely pulverized. The acid ran off their chitonous carapaces uselessly, creating a bloody, acidy brine on the ground. The sand worms too were too large to be brought dowm by the flying lizards alone and had to be torn apart before they stoped their blood frenzy.

The Earthbound Myrmici stepped forward and spoke.
    This is our land that you have defiled with your presence. Outsiders bring only chaos and destruction. We cannot let that happen, so you must be exterminated

With that, he took out a long glass horn and blew on it. With the loud droning sound, earth spires shot up from the ground and impaled the hulking war bodies. As they writhed, trying to free themselves, the Myrmici warriors descended on them, tearing apart the large beasts with their claws and mandibles.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your loss, I guess

The Myrmici were far harder to kill than the Enlightened realized. Those who were bashed aside would usually pick themselves up and keep fighting untill they were absolutely pulverized. The acid ran off their chitonous carapaces uselessly, creating a bloody, acidy brine on the ground. The sand worms too were too large to be brought dowm by the flying lizards alone and had to be torn apart before they stoped their blood frenzy.

The Earthbound Myrmici stepped forward and spoke.
    This is our land that you have defiled with your presence. Outsiders bring only chaos and destruction. We cannot let that happen, so you must be exterminated

With that, he took out a long glass horn and blew on it. With the loud droning sound, earth spires shot up from the ground and impaled the hulking war bodies. As they writhed, trying to free themselves, the Myrmici warriors descended on them, tearing apart the large beasts with their claws and mandibles.
    Enlightened

if you truly wish to destroy these bodies, I doubt I can stop you, but let me give you a bloody nose to remember your folly.

and with that, a massive wave of greenish energy enveloping everything it touched. every Myrmici present was affected, as were the sandowrms, dozens of massive cancers in almost every organ, any water it touched began to fill with bile, ulcers and tuberculosis infected everyone present. dozens of flies, scarabs, and scorpions emerged from the sand, each contaminated with different disease, they were all deadly, and they all mutated quickly. 9 tenths of them of them flew towards other camps, infecting any other creatures they see, while the other began feeding on the attackers.

Every enlightened there collapsed to dust.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-26 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

25. - Top - End - #745

The wave of biomagic struck the worms, and they essentially exploded with cancerous boils and puss. However, the Myrmici were far more resilient. They were incredibly resistant to the magic and disease. Only those who were in particularly bad shape were killed.

The Myrmici Earthbound looked at the carnage. He shouldered his glass horn and began to work on those who were infected but did not die yet. He ripped open their chests, and drawing power from the stone, he prayed to Ikassi, the earth mother to cure the people of the earth.

It could have been a lot worse. They used biomagic instead of pure force. If they had used the later, they would have suffered far more casualties.

He called to the rest of his people.

We are victorious this day. Let us return our fallen bretheren to the earth!

The myrmici then began to consume their fallen comrades.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ogres and dwarves notice something strange happening in 2,3. The borders of the Cyst have changed; it's getting considerably larger.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Titanic ship hit new ground on the opposing continent the land however was vieled in a thick cloying mist, and the waters themselves seemed to be corrupted, or tainted in someway.

Captians log the first day
    "Today we reached the new continent, and some of the ailkors even rejocied to be back on dry land. But, I fear that this land may be corrupted. We have found no game to speak of, and the few freshwater lakes we have found have either been tainted with some sort of blackness, or filled with large montrosities that would take a direct hit from one of our cannons to slay. I fear this land is not for us."

Captians Log day 2

"Good news. Today we found a oidd bbeast that wandered close to the ship. I suggested caturing it, but the men were starving for meat as none had been avliuable during the trip due to spilage issues. Needless to say I was appaled at how they devoured that animal, and I fear that the corruption that taints this land is seething its way into our minds, and corrupting our souls. I will move today for a return trip back to the main land of Auir... before its to late."
    ::About one hundred wizards, accompanying the Protoss, some of them battle mages, had taken wyverns along with them in the advanced Protoss ships. When they settled, occasional patrols were sent wandering nearby the settlements, and the Tekians were breeding wyverns.::

28. - Top - End - #748

Alrinach

With a degree of concern, Alrinach watched the Cyst expand. The Perfect Form's withdrawl before the Firebird's attack intrigued him, and he appeared in his full divine form outside the expanding fortress.

"I crave an audience, Shaper."

Spoiler
    Show

Alrinach's in his full form, so he's basically forcing a recepton by Abraxys itself or a powerful servant; anything less will just die or go insane.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

the Protoss war Prince examined the battle to the south... those irrritating bugs from before had attacked another civilisation, and invaded their lands... He could not tolerate such acts of agression. Not while HE was in power, and he would deal with the force they had presented on hsi boarders as well... it was time for action.
    The Protoss War prince donned the Armor of the Khalla, and felt his psionic powers maginfy to the point that a blue aura surrounded him crackling as it destroyed the impurites in the air (he doesn't need to breathe anyway no mouths, or nostrils).
    After a few seconds of adjustment of the surpsingly light mithral FullPlate armor he went to talk to the ammased forces he had mustered.
    They cureently consisted of
    2000 zealots veterans all of them from the battle of the gaping maw tat had survived by being out of the main blast, and were now armed with
    5000 Dark Templar 500 of them from the Princes own royal guard.
    1500 Twilight Archons of the highest caliber one in particular was the Orignal one that was created by the fusion of the twin appretices.
    Their Navy consisted of
    3000 Iron Maidens destroyer class
    1000 Iron maidens of the battle ship class
    1 Iron titan the capital ship of the Fleet, and amred to the teeth with the most powerful weaponry achievable by the fusion of the dark, and luight psionic nexus's energies.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

you do no that the dessert isn't in a coastal area? and there different nations also, didn't the ants get atrade agreement with you?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp