New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Enlightened
    to Myrmici
    The telepathic message was quite clear Certainly, we thank you for the offer. they don't attempt any trickery and, if allowed, will proceed peacefully to their borders.

to Ikassi
    Because We would rather not have to deal with a nval bombardment of our mountains.

to Shade king
    the goat nods

We would be happy to have an alliance with anyone but a warmonger. What terms do you wish?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-26 at 05:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Myrmici are true to their word and guide the Enlightened colony north. When they reached the foothills north of the desert, the Myrmici army seemingly disappeared into the desert.

Ikassi herself sopke to the Enlightened Well, I suppose that I do not want mountains destroyed, but sending Ossua to destroy them? I know you feel you are high above these mortals, but they do deserve our respect
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-26 at 05:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss riflemen began firing on the Enlightened below with small rays of fire, sonic energy, and lances of psi.
    Then parting the ranks was Zeratul who raised a mighty hand, and from the ground rose spikes, and sections of it sunk in creating vast pits near the main encampments.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Protoss riflemen began firing on the Enlightened below with small rays of fire, sonic energy, and lances of psi.
    Then parting the ranks was Zeratul who raised a mighty hand, and from the ground rose spikes, and sections of it sunk in creating vast pits near the main encampments.
    what about the sea battle?

Enlightened

either way they would have to die, We are limiting the loss of life. If they reached our shores at full strength, there would be a long battle, in the end, we would suffer many causalities, and all the protoss not subsumed would be corpses floating out to sea anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ossua watched the two entities argue. How amusing!

"What news, Earth Mother?"

Meanwhile, the oceanomancers throw everything they have at the Protoss while the sea dragons attack the fleet visciously. The weather becomes stormy and whirlpools form in the ocean to stop the vessels from going any further.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-26 at 06:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

((Um, dude each of my army groups are protected by VBaldier from your subsuming, and it seems inda stupid that ANYTHING that comes int oa certain radius is auto subsumed into your ranks.)

The Naval Captian looked out from the Iron titan he captianed, and ordered his first mate to put up a viel around the smaller ships while he activated the cannons, and reatilated to the Oceanomancers with massive stroms of lightning (placed IN the water for maximum effectiveness.), and ordering all the men to their stations!
    "AYE YE SCURVY DOGS GET TO YE' BATTLE STATIONS WE HAVE A WAR GOING ON ERE'!"
    So with millitary precision eveyrone of the protoss manned their battle stations, and the Dark templar that were on the ship began assiting the First mate in vieling the larger ships in the fleet as bolt of fire, eletricty, and pure mind rending energy was sent at the dragons, and the Psi Cannons nailing several of them with a direct hit.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The battle rages on. Many sea dragon are able to sink a number of smaller ships before they are veiled. The dragons are resistant to magic and psionics, but the raw energy launched by the cannons succed in killing some of them.

The oceanomancers are hard to target in this weather, even by skilled psions.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

((Um, dude each of my army groups are protected by VBaldier from your subsuming, and it seems inda stupid that ANYTHING that comes int oa certain radius is auto subsumed into your ranks.)
    you used a major act to make your people immune to Hive minds?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    you used a major act to make your people immune to Hive minds?
    (((I have one saved in case of emergency buddeh. Isn't it nice to have contingencies? Also I don't even have to considering there is NO WAY there is one where I'm attacking as the Protoss king payed a personal visit, adn wasn't subsumed. Os that has been nulled as what I WILL be hitting your mountians with will be long enough range to ignore your field."))
    The Main cannon of the Iron titan will deploy itself, and fire at a cluster of ocenaomancers even if not a direct hit it should still kill a few of them.
    The Captian will continue throwing out storms of blinding psionic lightning, and the first mate will work on vieling the last of the remaining ships (should be MOST of them.)

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(((I have one saved in case of emergency buddeh. Isn't it nice to have contingencies? Also I don't even have to considering there is NO WAY there is one where I'm attacking as the Protoss king payed a personal visit, adn wasn't subsumed. Os that has been nulled as what I WILL be hitting your mountians with will be long enough range to ignore your field."))
    The Main cannon of the Iron titan will deploy itself, and fire at a cluster of ocenaomancers even if not a direct hit it should still kill a few of them.
    The Captian will continue throwing out storms of blinding psionic lightning, and the first mate will work on vieling the last of the remaining ships (should be MOST of them.)
    (OOC: Wasn't the Iron Titan on that other continent?)

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    (OOC: Wasn't the Iron Titan on that other continent?)
    ((Actually that was the equivalent of a heavily armed cargo ship, and in case you didn't notice I had an entire post dedicated to explaining the creation of the new one.)

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Sorry, I thought that was the same one.)

Since the Protoss aren't turning back, several ships disappear under the sea, pulled in by whirpools (which don't seem to disappear instantly after the death of the Oceanomancers).

The sahuagins flee the battle but the sea dragons fight to the end.

-----------------------

At the end of the day, the Protoss mourned their dead. Then, the reduced armada, veiled by psionic powers, sailed toward the mountain base of the Enlightened.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

As the Protoss was on its way, preparations were made.

large sea creatures began prowling the underwater parts of the coasts by the valley, strange floating orbs were pushed off, massive creatures with arms like catapults walked to the shore, the mountain tops were darkened by flights of creatures.

At the same time, the colony near Shakuras and every bit of wildlife in two days walk disappeared replaced by dust, everything in two days walk was covered in a sudden layer of bacteria, piercing the wards by covering the entire radius the city might be in.

The virus's are perfectly adapted to the northern temperature and ecosystem, designed to exploit every weakness in what protoss physiology has been observed. one in every 200 hundred would become a carrier, the rest having their bodies filled with tumor,s ulcers, poisonous cells, buildups of acid, and so on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: Sorry, I thought that was the same one.)

Since the Protoss aren't turning back, several ships disappear under the sea, pulled in by whirpools (which don't seem to disappear instantly after the death of the Oceanomancers).

The sahuagins flee the battle but the sea dragons fight to the end.

-----------------------

At the end of the day, the Protoss mourned their dead. Then, the reduced armada, veiled by psionic powers, sailed toward the mountain base of the Enlightened.
    The reduced Armada will stop as soon as they are in the 5KM range of their cannons, and open fire on the elightened Encampments on the mountain using a spyglass, and some scrying to guide the shots.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Enlightened

large sea creatures began prowling the underwater parts of the coasts by the valley, strange floating orbs were pushed off, massive creatures with arms like catapults walked to the shore, the mountain tops were darkened by flights of creatures.

At the same time, the colony near Shakuras and every bit of wildlife in two days walk disappeared replaced by dust, everything in two days walk was covered in a sudden layer of bacteria, piercing the wards by covering the entire radius the city might be in.

The virus's are perfectly adapted to the northern temperature and ecosystem, designed to exploit every weakness in what protoss physiology has been observed. one in every 200 hundred would become a carrier, the rest having their bodies filled with tumor,s ulcers, poisonous cells, buildups of acid, and so on.
    Saradinus and Baldier

Baldier, perhaps you should reconsider the battle between you and Cellis? Just a thought. I think that it would be important to you to keep all of the allies you can under the Old World. If you stop now, maybe he will not be so angry.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Enlightened

((You do know that that area is currently my domain, and i have had it bolstred MULTIPLE times against ANY unaothrouized life forms intruding into Shakuras, and Auir right? I'm dead serious as well even used a MAJOR act to Create Auir over time (ie. 1000 years ago it apperead as a small vieled village.) that built up power over time as well as boosting Shakuras defenses.))

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Shakuras is protected, but not the countryside. Shakuras is not in your starting square, only Aiur is.)

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

a few dozen large aquatic quadrupeds swam out to the ships, locating them with echo-location, they tore into the hull,s biting and clawing the boats undersides.

the floating spheres floated out to where the cannons were coming from, then exploded, sending super-hard chitin spikes in a 360 degree horizontal arc, the spikes began secreting acid.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

(Shakuras is protected, but not the countryside. Shakuras is not in your starting square, only Aiur is.)
    so is the army dead?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

[You do know the ships are vieled right? And the attacks I;m using are sonic, and force so you'll only see Speheres of energy (the force kind) that are coming out of nowhere in specfic, and from toattly random locations]

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

[You do know the ships are vieled right? And the attacks I;m using are sonic, and force so you'll only see Speheres of energy (the force kind) that are coming out of nowhere in specfic, and from toattly random locations]
    how do you get them to come out from totally random location? the ships are fixed objects, the cannons are on the ships, so the blasts come from fixed location, and echo location, I'm glad we have dolphins and bats
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

how do you get them to come out from totally random location? the ships are fixed objects, the cannons are on the ships, so the blasts come from fixed location, and echo location, I'm glad we have dolphins and bats
    [the ships are moving buddeh, and there are still quite a few of them.... also are you prepared to meet the new unit i have in sotre for you?]

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[the ships are moving buddeh, and there are still quite a few of them.... also are you prepared to meet the new unit i have in sotre for you?]
    there's a pattern, and how do you fire supersonic ammunition from moving firing bases at 5km with a spyglass without missing most of the shots? and still echo-location, the sphere's know where they are because the aqua-bodies do.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #834
    Barbarian in the Playground

"What news, Earth Mother?"

It seems that the mass sacrifice a little while back has created a little...following. This year, about 100 Myrmici are going to do it again during the celebration of the defeat of K'salli. I have decided not to intervene, for it is the desicion of mortals to do with their lives as they will. I don't know how long this will last, several years, a century, I dont know, but I though you may be interested.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ah, I see, but I said I was using scrying as well to guide the shots,... just using a spyglass when you have additional reosruces avilable to you is just SILLY.]
    The Iron titan will fire the "Fury of Auir" at the Main mass of forces using a specific round of force ammumtion designed to have a slightly more pwoerful blast effect.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ah, I see, but I said I was using scrying as well to guide the shots,... just using a spyglass when you have additional reosruces avilable to you is just SILLY.]
    The Iron titan will fire the "Fury of Auir" at the Main mass of forces using a specific round of force ammumtion designed to have a slightly more pwoerful blast effect.
    against who, the aquatic beasts or the mainland? and how much damage did I do, unless all you hulls are adamant, I'll have pierced several with the spheres and be tearing apart 5 or 6 with the creatures.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

against who, the aquatic beasts or the mainland? and how much damage did I do, unless all you hulls are adamant, I'll have pierced several with the spheres and be tearing apart 5 or 6 with the creatures.
    the Iron titan is adamant the rest of the hulls are either solid Steel, or on the more high ranking ships Uru. (note that steel is on avaerage three times as strong as iron.)

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

the Iron titan is adamant the rest of the hulls are either solid Steel, or on the more high ranking ships Uru. (note that steel is on avaerage three times as strong as iron.)
    and leads hardly the hardest metal, yet muskets are deadly, your point? also, the creatures claws and teeth can tear through steal, and I doubt you gave your ships guns on the underside or point defense.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

and leads hardly the hardest metal, yet muskets are deadly, your point? also, the creatures claws and teeth can tear through steal, and I doubt you gave your ships guns on the underside or point defense.
    [I actually did give them point defense in case of baording parties.. .i was thinking pirates fused with millitary so , so you can expect some decent resistance. Also you have no idea what Uru is do you?)

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

[I actually did give them point defense in case of baording parties.. .i was thinking pirates fused with millitary so , so you can expect some decent resistance. Also you have no idea what Uru is do you?)
    I was talking about the steel, and no, I have no idea, I'm guessing something between mithril and adamante.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp