New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    It didn't take long before the other vessel sent an envoy. The foreigner, a tall humanoid with dark orange skin, rowed a small craft towards the protoss warship. Once on board, he asked to speak with the highest ranking officer.

"Huk Tal, friend. I am Karum son of Kalias. Today I speak in the name of my people, the Riceak, and the Latisius Consortium. You say you are explorers, correct? Then you'll be disappointed to learn that most of the continent is already inhabited, except for the Tainted Coast where you happened to land. However, this could be the start of a great friendship between our nations...

Tell me, where do you come from and what is the name of your people?"
    The first mate Razaghal webnt to meet with this new man he form floating over the deck, and her movement that of the softest whisper to even people with racialy improved hearing.
    "My name is Razaghal, and I'am the firts mate of the U.A.S Abjurant Avenger. We are The Protoss beings of great psionic power, and technological might. We have travled many years to reach new lands, and we hail from a great city state on the eastern contient known as Auir Home of the Psionic nexus, and the Psi Forges."

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus and the Ring of Archomagius
    Saradinus empowered his old relic with extreme power.. Using some of his divine essence, the relic transformed into a beautiful, golden ring. "Ah nal nathrack, uthe be bethutte, doth el envay." Saradinus chanted over and over again. Another item of power was in his possession, this time it was a masterpiece, yet again! Saradinus grinned... "This is going to be fun."

The Archomagius Ring empowers all of Saradinus'es strength on his domains permanently.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-27 at 07:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

Ikassi spoke to her two favored, Set and Otako.

Near the southeastern coast of our lands, there is an island of fire. This island is called Alukium and used to be the haven of the firebird K'salli. I know not what you will find there, but I fear evil may come from this place. It is uncharted on the maps the Myrmici have, so you will have to steal a boat from your brethren, for they would not see you sent to the uncharted sea. Do not worry. Ossua seems to be agreeable enough at the moment and I will guide you safely to your destination.

The two Liberated a small skiff from the east coast and began to make their journey southeast into the unknown.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

feeling the new power infuse him, Cellis went to work, appearing, he gabbed Ikassi's eye-ruby, infusing it with the power of one of his relics, he created a lock on extra-planer travel, if something on the outside wanted to get in from now on., they'd need permission from one of the inhabitants.

He split it into thirds, gave one third to the Enlightened to guard to its last body and keep anyone else fro seeing, he appeared in avatar to Ikassi and Alrinach saying, I have something for you that is quite impotent.
    Next he created a massive sea Creature next to the Valley. It was bigger than a blue whale, and could support a small ecosystem on its back. and it did, for the Enlightened, always one to take a hint, quickly subsumed and colonized it, before sending it off to the new continent, with a fleet of sea monsters (see war post) sharks, fish and whales, along with the colonists on the the Creature.

he saved the rest of his power for a later time.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act and one relic to create keystone.
    1 major act to create colonizer-beast.
    1 relic, 2 major act left.

I has created a mugmuffin!
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ossua emerged in front of the colonizer beast.

"Building ships is one thing, but creating armies of sea creatures is another. Are you trying to compete with me on my own territory, Mind of the Hive?"

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus begins to once again recite the Dragon's Incantation, this time, using a portion of his life force, mighty Saradinus infused the new continent, and seeded the old island with the existence of the beings known as the Dragon Born. Saradinus appeared as a dragon as a mist stormed out of his mouth and his nostril's becoming lizard like creatures who would be renowned for their fearsome strength and uncanny toughness.(Major Act)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-27 at 07:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

No, not at all, We simply are rather..inept at inorganic manipulation, so we use creatures. The oceans are very dangerous, and wee use the sea creatures as a safety precaution, we will release them as soon as wee get to the new continent if that is what you wish.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ettin in the Playground

For awhile now the Protoss had been advancing steadily forward in their study of tech, and due to a recent uncovering of Xel'Nagga technology they had reached new bounds of inspiration.
    the Protoss now had many new things. A railroad, and many advances in medicine had lengthened the average Protoss condition of health, and a higher expentincy of survival after injury. They also stablized their explosives, and made great strides in the field of weaponry. Their Psi Cannons now had increased rate of fire, and increased damage yield, and they had developed a small mobile armored platforms that had a small rotary turret on top that fired powerful blasts of pure psionic force that in addition to physical damage would leave a living target scrambled for a short peroid, and in a state of mental confusion for a short amount of time.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Very well. You will release those sea creatures once you get there...

Don't forget what you still owe me. Alrinach holds the souls of those who died during the naval battle earlier."

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The first mate Razaghal webnt to meet with this new man he form floating over the deck, and her movement that of the softest whisper to even people with racialy improved hearing.
    "My name is Razaghal, and I'am the firts mate of the U.A.S Abjurant Avenger. We are The Protoss beings of great psionic power, and technological might. We have travled many years to reach new lands, and we hail from a great city state on the eastern contient known as Auir Home of the Psionic nexus, and the Psi Forges."
    Karum listened to the first mate with great interest.

"You seem like a civilized people. Are you the only ones to have crossed the ocean? Should we expect more ships soon?

Don't misunderstand, we are eager to exchange with other cultures. Once they know you better, the people of the Ryceak Principalities will surely welcome you with open arms. We are quite tolerant."

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

The First mate nodded, and spoke her voice a whisper on the wind.
    "The small fleet of ships that we have brought are all that are planned to come. Yet we have a direct Psi Link to our main land that operates regardles of distance, so if you would request a meeting with someone more poloticly important we could arrange that."

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

feeling the new power infuse him, Cellis went to work, appearing, he gabbed Ikassi's eye-ruby, infusing it with the power of one of his relics, he created a lock on extra-planer travel, if something on the outside wanted to get in from now on., they'd need permission from one of the inhabitants.

He split it into thirds, gave one third to the Enlightened to guard to its last body and keep anyone else fro seeing, he appeared in avatar to Ikassi and Alrinach saying, I have something for you that is quite impotent.
    I has created a mugmuffin!
    Ikassi

Ikassi appeared before the avatar. Noting the eye, she smiled.

Ahh, I was wondering where I misplaced that. I thought a mortal would be the first to find it, but this works nicely and I see it is being put to good use. Now, what is it that you have called me for?

Set and Otako finally made it to Alukium. Not sure what they were looking for, they set off onto the island prepared for trouble.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-27 at 11:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Karum shook his head.

"That is not necessary at this time. Since you come in peace, allow me to warn you: the territory you are in is not suitable for normal life. We would advise you to leave as soon as you are able. We have a seaport to the north of here, if you care to follow us. Although, I am afraid I must insist that none of your people leave your ship without our permission; it is against our laws and customs. But do not worry! We will supply you with whatever you may require for food or fuel."

Meanwhile, the Ensirex likewise found nothing but swamp and and desolation. They all felt an...uneasiness as they approached the shore. Even the ships seemed hesitant to get too close.

The time-shifters had camped for the night, still inside the swamp, when it came. They never got a good look at it. All they saw were claws, teeth, and the spray of blood as it grabbed one of their number and fled into the night.
    The same happend twice more in quick succession before things quieted down. On guard, nothing else entered entered the camp, although glowing eyes were seen just beyond the firelight, and eerie cries and screams were heard throughout the night.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-28 at 12:45 AM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

14. - Top - End - #914

Erothayce

After the first time-shifter was snatched away the time-shifters went into defensive mode and phased slightly out of sync with time so they could not be attacked. Phasing out meant they could instantly go forward or back in time to defend themselves. One of the time-shifters went back a few minutes and warned the group that something was going to attack and the camp was ready when it did. They all attacked it as it came into the camp and killed it. They had no idea what it was but they logged all the information they found in their ever present books.

Spoiler
    Show
    People throw around all the powers of their people and now i feel like i can. my people are time-shifters and they can go back and forth in time. And sorry i'm not going to compromise on this.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex were fascinated by the corruption in this land. As children of corruption any such taint was of interest them. Going ashore with landing craft lashed together from bone and body of the dead, they made landfall. The Ensirex set up a mobile fortress built from bone, corrupted metals, and stone.

---

The Shade King thought for a moment before responding to the Enlightened Whatever you think would be best.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-28 at 08:50 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Ikassi

The Island of Alukium was desolate and bleak. Poisonous smoke and ash permanently filled the air. Only the phoenixes could safely live on top of the volcanoes. Under the surface of the island, one would find a maze of tunnels and pools of lava inhabited by terrible beasts of fire and brimstone.

-------------------------

Elsewhere in the Old World...

The Ensi was confused. He didn't remember where he was or even who he was. He felt like he had just awaken from a deep and dreamless sleep. Even stranger was the fact that an entire squad of Ensi passed right by him without noticing his presence. He had called out to them but to no avail. Something was wrong about them; their synchronized movements, their empty stare... Following them, the Ensi without a name found himself on the Surface. Not knowing what to do, he ran and ran...

He wasn't the only one in this situation. All over the continent, a small number of bodies controlled by the Enlightened were freed, developing a personnality of their own even if all they had known before was the Hive Mind. Those "new individuals" were completely invisible to the Enlightened.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Outside of Shilliax (and your original square), undead creatures sworn to Gargax, both intelligent and mindless, are slowly disappearing. Their corrupted spirit is sent to the Marble Reaches or Desidua while their body is turned into dust. It is then incredibly difficult to recreate the link between the spirit and it's old material form. Strangely, there are no signs of violence, like they went peacefully... Some of those undead, mostly ghouls and vampires, have shown some weakness prior to their disappearance.

At first, this phenomenon occurred only in the lands of the Ensirex, but it now seems to have spread to major cities where worshippers of the Ancient Lich are known to live.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

The time-shifters were successful in killing and studying the strange creature. The next day however, a few of them began feeling very weak and sick. From the sores and such on the creature, they can only surmise that it was diseased in some way...
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex established their outpost, and, calling beast-Changed from the dead lands, the Ensirex began scouting this new land. They brought with them research teams and priests of Gargax, who began taking samples of the land to study and make sense of this tainted land. Though excited the Ensirex were ever cautious. Immortality was their creed, and such despite being creatures of undeath they valued life, primarily their own. As such they brought fighting squads of undead and Ensirex necromancers and NecroWarriors as well as strange contraptions of combined Abraxyian and Ensirex design.

---

In the lands of the Ensirex Gargax became worried for his people. In their dreams and visions he warned his priests to remain diligent, and his most holy of priests, the highest of his offices began to search for a cause. They had all of Their most powerful undead guarded by loyal necromancers, and all their undead were watched more carefully by necromancer attendants.

Gargax sent personal envoys to Alrinach in the White City to see if his fellow god had any answers.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus contacted the leaders of Tekia and asked how the Ethereals were doing. Meanwhile, Myrokhan was speaking with the Ethereals to learn more about the Big Serpent, and their beliefs and customs.

Next Artifact, The Pendant of Judgement
    With the next artifact in Saradinus'es possession, he imbaued it with his essence yet again... This time the artifact was a pendant that he wore on his neck. The pendant was known as the "Pendant of Judgement". Whenever someone attacked Saradinus they would receive a backlash from the pendant. Once per turn, Saradinus can use the pendant for his followers as well.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-28 at 11:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    Saradinus contacted the leaders of Tekia and asked how the Enlightened were doing. Meanwhile, Myrokhan was speaking with the Enlightened to learn more about the Big Serpent, and their beliefs and customs.

Next Artifact, The Pendant of Judgement
    With the next artifact in Saradinus'es possession, he imbaued it with his essence yet again... This time the artifact was a pendant that he wore on his neck. The pendant was known as the "Pendant of Judgement". Whenever someone attacked Saradinus they would receive a backlash from the pendant. Once per turn, Saradinus can use the pendant for his followers as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saradinus can only protect one of is worshippers at a time with his pendant, or else it could be seen as direct intervention in favor of mortals.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Saradinus can only protect one of is worshippers at a time with his pendant, or else it could be seen as direct intervention in favor of mortals.
    (Does Myrokhan count as mortal?)

23. - Top - End - #923

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

Alrinach recieved the avatar in his Audience Chamber in the Reaches.
    "Greetings, Lord. I'm intrigued by your clever lock and your request for audience. Speak: how may I be of service?"

Meanwhile, Nemerensis recieved Gargax's envoys.
    "We have for some time noticed this odd effect, although we know not its cause. It could be an instability of your magic, or something more sinister... But these are hypothesis, nothing more."

Spoiler
    Show

Major acts will be posted once I decide what I'm doing...
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-28 at 12:36 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(I thought Myrokhan was an avatar of Saradinus? Using the pendant on him is like using the pendant on Saradinus himself.)

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(I thought Myrokhan was an avatar of Saradinus? Using the pendant on him is like using the pendant on Saradinus himself.)
    ((Right, o.k..))

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

To Ikassi, Well, actually, I'm going to give a third of it to you, t stops any extraplaner beings from entering anywhere within a great radius without being summoned, consider it compensation for the plagues my creation have wrought.

To Alrinach
    actually, I'm here to give you a third of it, since your city is oneof the most important places on the continent.

Enlightened

To Ensrex

in that case, ave one of the food harvesters. a large creature came up, it was a quadruped, but with only stumps on 's backside, it had a massive pouch hanging out, and no mouth. It had dozens of forelimbs, some it used to pull itself, well other it used to cut an plants it came across and place the cut off bits in the pouch. will this do?

To Ossua
    don't worry, we're working on it, and we will not send any creatures out of site of sore unless we are colonizing a new continent or sending supplies.

assuming they are allowed to, the colonization fleet heads to the new continent, once it arrives, the Enlightened ree's all the subsumed sea creatures (sharks, whales, fish) and the ground-bodies begin searching for creatures to examine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #927

Alrinach

Alrinach inclined his head to the avatar, and took a part of the ruby.

"I am honored. Is there anything I can do in exhange, or as a favor?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Saradinus

The leaders of Tekia informed their god that the Ethereals were now well adapted to life on the island despite their alien nature (alien as in foreign, strange). They collaborated with scientists and conjurors on a number of projects. This species was obviously gifted with brilliant minds.

Meanwhile, Myrokhan learned much about their culture. They don't have many rites, but they do have highly advanced philosophical systems. They don't like to talk about the being they used to worship. They don't even speak his name. They say this entity was killed by gods who came from another world.

The elders among the Ethereals speak of a legend from a previous age. According to the story, the shadow of a giant serpent appeared in the sky prior to the invasion of their land. It is said that this serpent is the Bringer of Death, a creature of pure evil.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach

Alrinach inclined his head to the avatar, and took a part of the ruby.

"I am honored. Is there anything I can do in exhange, or as a favor?"
    Actually yes, you recall the naval battle that happened a while ago? a few of the ships were destroyed and I'm required to see if I can convince you to give the souls killed by the sea monsters to the Calamity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #930

Ikassi

Ikassi took the eye fragment and fashioned a hard stone shell around it so it completed the rest of the sphere. This, she fit back into her head.

I see. This is probably to keep something like the K'salli fiasco from repeating itself, I presume?

----------

Set and Otako noted the noxious fumes. Otako kneeled and picked up some of the charred earth. She stood up and nodded to Set. Set stood for a while before suddenly delving into the ground, creating a tunnel behind him. Otako followed and it was not long before they were in the lava filled tunnels beneath the volcanic island.