New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Ikassi

She sent a message back to Gargax

Strange occurences? I believe you are referring to the dead slipping through your grasp. I will try to help, if only for my curiosity, however, souls or bodies are not my specialty. I would suggest searching nearby areas of unusually high supernatural activity, but what would I know? You do live right next to the Maw, correct? There may be something there. The earthbound Sixrael is still with you, I presume?

While I do have an art of nullifying magic, let me assure you I have no interest in disrupting the arts of animating dead tissue. It is not my concern what happens to the bodies of the dead. They all return to the earth sooner or later.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Soon after Nemerensis leaves the swamp, he too is met by a coalition of humanoids that appear ready for combat or negotiation. Again, an orange-skinned humanoid steps forward and addresses him. "Greetings stranger! Know that you are travelling in the lands of the Ryceak. State your reason for being here, or be destroyed."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Soon after Nemerensis leaves the swamp, he too is met by a coalition of humanoids that appear ready for combat or negotiation. Again, an orange-skinned humanoid steps forward and addresses him. "Greetings stranger! Know that you are travelling in the lands of the Ryceak. State your reason for being here, or be destroyed."
    Saradinus
    (If thats me, here it goes.)
    "We are the Saradinians, seekers of new lands to settle, and hopeful that we will be able to grow and thrive in new lands."
    "We do not seek conflict."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier watched the new Protoss ships they had developed in fear of a eventual relatatory strike from the Enlightened... They had massive psi cannons by the dozens, and some even had the ability to submerse themsleves entirely under the water.... albiet this presented problems with the larger sea creatures their weapons were more than enough to handle the majority of them.. Balider laso noticed that the Protoss were preaprign another expeiditon to the frozen north... albiet these ships were not as large as a Iron Titan they were by far more effiecent, and they had even eanred the title "Destroyers" for their ability to destroy large chunks of rocks, and even heards of animals in practice....

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    Meanwhile the new ship looked for land nearby Saradinus'es Teke island. The eight ships of about 1,000 men total searched for land to the east. Saradinus uses his empowered magic to grant everyone on the ship permanent foresight, to alert them when they were in danger. The ships head speedily towards new land day by day.
    The tekian explorers sailed on the eastern ocean for weeks, only to find a handful of desolate islands. There was no new continent in sight.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    The tekian explorers sailed on the eastern ocean for weeks, only to find a handful of desolate islands. There was no new continent in sight.
    Saradinus
    They returned to shore, only to this time head south, west of the Alukium Islands.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    They returned to shore, only to this time head south, west of the Alukium Islands.
    To the south lies the ocean ruled by the Calamity. The spawns of Ossua are known to intercept ships and demand a tribute. It is a highly dangerous place. The explorers were fortunate to have Saradinus' blessing.

(OOC: What's the technological level of your ships again?)

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    To the south lies the ocean ruled by the Calamity. The spawns of Ossua are known to intercept ships and demand a tribute. It is a highly dangerous place. The explorers were fortunate to have Saradinus' blessing.

(OOC: What's the technological level of your ships again?)
    1750's... but its fortified by the best state of the art Protoss... So, its built extremely well and almost impossible to breach, since its a conglomeration of magic tech and elemental energy reinforcement.

Saradinus'es people traveled to the southern lands wondering what they would find. Fairy tales of orcs crept across everyone's mind. They hoped they may find vast reaches of fertile land. Nothing would be better. Along the way they had self-replicating rations. All waste produced was transmuted into powering the ships to speed faster. However, "waste" was not always available.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-28 at 11:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969

"I am Nemerensis, first servant of the Lord Alrinach, Judge of Souls from across the sea. I am here to seek an audience with whatever divine force is responsible for the management of the souls of your people, and the others of this continent."

Something akin to a wry look flashed onto the emotionless gold casing that made up its face.

"I trust my destruction will be quite unnecessary."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

10. - Top - End - #970

Erothayce

Shortly after leaving the swamp, the time-shifters were met by a large band of humanoids. A mixed group, an orange-skinned humanoid steps forward and hails them. "Greetings travellers. If you originate from the swamp, you must turn back now or face the consequences. Know that you are trespassing on the lands of the Ryceak now. Explain your intentions for being here."

"We are explorers searching this land. We seek nothing but knowledge which is the highest tenet of our religion. We come in peace but we can defend ourselves if it becomes necessary."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

"You wish to meet our gods? I have never heard of such a thing. If the god Thoven wishes to speak with you, he will. There is nothing I can do for you there. However, it is against our laws for strangers to walk our lands unsupervised. Would you be willing to await our god here? I can send for one of Thoven's clerics to come and meet with you if you like."

To Erothayce

"And a noble pursuit it is. Unfortunately, strangers are not allowed to wander our land unsupervised. Perhaps you would be willing to wait here while word was sent to the central government? I am sure they will send a representative to travel with you and show you our lands. By the way, did you suffer any attacks in your time in the Tainted Coast? Or consume anything you found there?"

12. - Top - End - #972

Alrinach

Nemerensis whirred its assent.

"I will await the representative of your Thoven here. I have the utmost respect for your laws, and appreciate you accomidation."

13. - Top - End - #973

Ikassi

She watched as the Myrmici gradually overcame their fear of the sea. They started constructing ships that could transport more produce than ever before. These ships were immense monstrosities of stone and metal and it seemed the waves were particularly favorable to these behemoths. As transport ships, they were not armed, (these things are big and sturdy, and they can float rather well despite their weight.) They were not open at the top like most ships were, but rather they were covered by a hard stone shell, very much like that of an ironclad. With these barges, the Myrmici began trade with the Shaguin.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

[I'm assuming I found and reined what lets things survive on the tainted coast. and how much coast is there before you reach the jungle?]
    Enlightened

Beginning to colonize, they burned any native plant life or shrubbery after taking a sample, and mixing the soil with sand and claw from the ocean, after it was boiled and desalinated, with the thick layer of loam that had grown on the back of the Colonizer. to see if there is any insect life, some samples of newly dead flesh are put on elevated positions, and watched to see if any maggots or insects were spawned. this was to determine where the plagues were coming from. the plagues were cured by artificial immunization and, for the worst cases, bio-magic.

Feeling the removal of some of the ensi-bodies (and presumably the subsumed fungus and very valuable bonecraft armor that's on them at all times, hundreds of small insects being filling the area that they should be in finding foot-prints, and eventually, the ensi-shaped invisible object.

In the meantime, the Continental Enlightened expanded Westward, colonizing 4,8 and 5,7 and using the volcanic ash of 5,9 to farm. (the volcanoes can't still be erupting, right?)
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-29 at 01:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Enlightened

In the meantime, the Continental Enlightened expanded Westward, colonizing 8,4 and 7,5 and using the volcanic ash of 9,5 to farm. (the volcanoes can't still be erupting, right?)
    ((Don't you mean squares (4,8) (5,7) and (5,9), 'cause the ones you named are all mine and southward

Also, the map needs to be updated because I drove the Enlightened out of 7,5 and 7,6))

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    ((Don't you mean squares (4,8) (5,7) and (5,9), 'cause the ones you named are all mine and southward

Also, the map needs to be updated because I drove the Enlightened out of 7,5 and 7,6))
    yes, yes I do, sorry. I'll edit it.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

17. - Top - End - #977

Erothayce

"We would have no problem waiting for one of your officials. And yes we were attacked but we killed it. We ate nothing for it was all tainted. Three of our number are ill but they are fine for the time being."

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A strange vision

A massive, somewhat eerie looking ship descends from the sky above Alomarra. It looks nothing like the airship prototypes of Tekia and is comparable in size to a fortress. The ship decelerates and eventually stops midair, sustained by an invisible force. The people of the White City are obviously disturbed by this vision.

19. - Top - End - #979

Alrinach

Alrinach looked at the strange ship, and tugged the strings that held The Reaches in space. Just as he could pull Alomarra into the demiplane of the Reaches, so could he manipulate the planar vibrations to invoke part of the Reaches in the Material Plane.

The air above Alomarra shimmered, and the clouds took on the distinctive architecture of Alrinach's domain, fading into real stone as a veil dissolved and revealed a part of the Reaches floating above the White City. It was, to the people of the city, manifest proof that their god watched over them, and it set many of them at ease.

"Come you from the Void, travelers?"

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax arrives at the White City, having noticed the Void Ship and Alrinachs response, he was interested.

---

As the the second wave of Ensirex arrive on the Tainted Coast they expand their base even further. Their clerics work to create antidotes and cures for the plagues of this new land, and ease the fears of those so far from their homes. As expert researches arrive the search for knowledge about this corrupted landscape begins in earnest, and the research on the undead, all strange creatures the Ensirex had never before encountered continued and advanced. They sought to calm the intelligent down via necromancy, the corruptive influence of Gargax, and the aid of his priests. They also sought the source of this lands corruption, and its responses to new corruptive influences.

[OOC:] I've been researching this stuff since I got on the Tainted Coast, am I making any progress?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

To Erothayce

Some of the larger humanoids with the group shift and rest hands on their weapons at word that some of the time-shifters have been wounded. The spokesman frowns. "Where are these wounded now? I cannot allow them to enter our lands. You must either send them back to wherever you come from, or kill them and burn the bodies. I doubt you will be able to cure it. I am sorry for your loss. A representative will be here shortly. Until then, we will stay with you and answer what questions we can. And please, tell us about yourselves and where it is you come from."

To Gargax

Thanks to their use and familiarity with disease and necromancy, the Ensirex manage to cure all but the worst cases of the disease, although it takes much time and effort. The paranoia slowly, incremently increases; the weaker the will, the faster it grows. Some of the more intelligent undead could be helped, but the vast majority failed to respond to anything the people of Gargax attempted. The source of these maladies seems to come from the very ground itself; while you are certain it is magical in nature, beyond that it continues to baffle researchers.

To Alrinach

The spokesman smiles and nods. "A cleric is already on the way. He should be here in a day or so at the latest. Until then, you can stay in our camp. We will answer what questions we can, and perhaps in exchange you can tell us of your land and people, yes?" He gestures back in the direction they came from.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-29 at 08:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #982

Alrinach

Nemerensis nodded, and began to stride in the direction the being indicated, its golden robe billowing behind it and the souls dancing around its head.

"This is acceptable, although for maximum efficiency I would simply translocate to where the cleric is now. If that is not possible, I will wait with your people."

"As I said, I am Nemerensis, divine herald to Alrinach, Lord of Law and Judge of Souls. It is my Lord's resposnbility to manage and care for the souls of many of those who die on the other continent of this plane. He rules over a city called Alomarra, the White City, a pristine metropolis that serves a one of the major cultural centers of our continent. Should your people desire to see it, I would be happy to transport a delegation there once my business here is concluded. Naturally, we will travel directly, and not by the sea- it is far faster, and far less perilous."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-29 at 09:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The delegate nods, absorbing everything. "Unfortunately strangers are not allowed to enter our lands without a guide. As a servant of Law, I am sure you understand. And I am sure the Lasitium will wish to take you up on your offer after they have met with you. So are you the emissary for the other continent then?"

24. - Top - End - #984

"I am at present the most powerful and most flexible of my Lord's servants, and as such I do as required. No doubt my Lord will see it fit to create a suitable emissary for this continent, should he deem it necessary."

"I am unfamiliar with this term 'Lasitium'. What does it signify?"

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The delegate smiles and shakes his head. "I apologize. I forget that you are new to this land. The Lasitium is the council that governs our people. They will be most interested in meeting with an emissary from the the other continent's government. What are your people called? We are the Ryceak."

26. - Top - End - #986

Nemerensis nodded, absorbing the information. It looked sideways at the delegate.

"I cannot claim to represent the entirety of our continent; there are multiple states, each dedicated to a particular God. I merely represent the people of Alomarra. Racially, they are known as humans; politically, my Lord's people are called the Valaria. It derives from the verb Alom, to purify, which irregularly conjugates in the plural third person to Valar."

Spoiler
    Show

I Val
    You (formal)/he/she/it Vala
    We Valan
    They Valar

The language of Alomarra lacks an informal conjugation. It is an astonishingly comprehensive and precise language, which makes it incredibly hard to learn but perfect for writing legal documents. Yay random fluff!
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-29 at 10:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The delegate looks at Nemerensis curiously, then shakes his head. "So you have several different provinces on your continent, all under one government though yes? Surely you do not mean that you have several different governments? But that would be so....so...How do you manage it?"

28. - Top - End - #988

Nemerensis whirrs for a minute then speaks.

"The governments are not unified, but there are a number of diplomatic ties between nations. It is... not optimal. I presume from your incredulity that your people are united under one government, the aforementioned council?"

29. - Top - End - #989

To Erothayce

Some of the larger humanoids with the group shift and rest hands on their weapons at word that some of the time-shifters have been wounded. The spokesman frowns. "Where are these wounded now? I cannot allow them to enter our lands. You must either send them back to wherever you come from, or kill them and burn the bodies. I doubt you will be able to cure it. I am sorry for your loss. A representative will be here shortly. Until then, we will stay with you and answer what questions we can. And please, tell us about yourselves and where it is you come from."
    My wounded shall remain here then suspended in time until we can return. They cannot be bothered and no time at all will have passed for them. We come from a continent across the sea where we are travelers searching for knowledge. Of what came before, of natural, things of unnatural things. We as a race know almost all there is to know and we have consolidated our knowledge in a great library. We can manipulate time at will and how we choose. Now who are you and what is the history of your people? If you cannot give the full description here it will suffice until we can go over records.

erothayce.tumblr.com

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The delegate nods. "Yes. We are all united under the council. The entire continent, except for the tainted lands anyways."
    He shakes his head, apparently still amazed at the concept of multiple governments.

To Erothayce

The delegate nods. "Very well. If they remain here, the rest of you may continue. We have a camp not far from here that you are welcome to stay at until your representative arrives. If I may be so bold, to claim you know everything seems a bit...exaggerated. You apparently know nothing of our race or people, do you? I am a hobgoblin, and so a diplomat amongst the Ryceak. There are several races on the continent though. Is it not so on your continent?"