New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

To Alrinach

A dark figure emerged from the ship. When the smoke cleared out, Alrinach saw a familiar face...much to his surprise, it was the Perfect Form.

Abraxys joined his fellow god in the Reaches.

"Greetings, brother! It has been a long time, hasn't it? But thanks to your efforts, I have found my way back to this world."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    To Alrinach

A dark figure emerged from the ship. When the smoke cleared out, Alrinach saw a familiar face...much to his surprise, it was the Perfect Form.

Abraxys joined his fellow god in the Reaches.

"Greetings, brother! It has been a long time, hasn't it? But thanks to your efforts, I have found my way back to this world."
    [wait, I thought they needed to be summoned? I gave him art of the keystone, yes I'm nitpicking.]
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(For calling creatures, armies, etc., yes. But spelljamming ships coming from space aren't concerned, or else protoss spaceships couldn't return home without your approval .)

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

(For calling creatures, armies, etc., yes. But spelljamming ships coming from space aren't concerned, or else protoss spaceships couldn't return home without your approval .)
    actually, anyone can summon them, as long as they know the right spells and are in the area.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

oh, and are yo going to respond as the rouge ensi I tracked down,?

because they can still see the foot-prints, and feel the ensi-shaped object in space.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Thanks to their advanced technology and magic, the explorers from Tekia crossed Ossua's realm with relative ease. However, several crewmen developed scurvy and other diseases resulting from deficiencies.

At last, on the 31st day, the Tekians spotted land. It was impossible to say if it was a whole new continent or an island, but it stretched to the horizon.

(puppyavenger, what will the insects do, excatly? Attack the "invisible" creatures?)

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks to their advanced technology and magic, the explorers from Tekia crossed Ossua's realm with relative ease. However, several crewmen developed scurvy and other diseases resulting from deficiencies.

At last, on the 31st day, the Tekians spotted land. It was impossible to say if it was a whole new continent or an island, but it stretched to the horizon.

(puppyavenger, what will the insects do, excatly? Attack the "invisible" creatures?)
    cover they in something sticky (so they can be seen) and drag them to the middle of the valley, and restrain it. obviously they try and re-subsume almost all of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nemerensis
    Nemerensis nodded and continued walking. After a few minutes, it spoke again.

"And what do your people believe happens to a soul once it shuffles off the mortal coil?"

Alrinach
    Alrinach greeted Abraxys with surprise and pleasure.

"So the traveling Engineer returns to us! I'm please I could be of assistance, brother. We have much to discuss about our projects..."

The Reaches faded from the sky as it returned to its demiplane, and Alrinach once again strengthened the wards between his sanctum and the Material Plane.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax flew into the sky and greeted their erstwhile brother from the beforetimes. Abraxys, I don't believe we have ever met in person, but I am Gargax, god of the Ensirex who trade with your people.

---

The Ensirex had a fully established base and were researching the source of the magical diseases. They also used a finely crafted copy of the Dagger of Corrupted Arts, with a fraction of the Daggers pure energy to corrupt the creatures and dirt of the land.

They made those intelligent undead that returned to their senses comfortable, while still keeping tabs on them. They approached them, the liches and vampires of the Ensirex asking what had become of them.

---

The Ensirex offered help and shelter to those from the Enlightened lands who escaped to the Ensirex's corrupted lands.

Meanwhile they sent researches to the Great Maw to see if it was the cause of their recent undead troubles.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-30 at 11:55 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

wait, is it the Gods true body? wouldn't that kill every one in the city?

Enlightened

The farms had begun to produce enough food for the colony to be self-sustaining. however, plagues were still commonplace, and it was a nuisance to have to keep altering the forms to cure them, or create new cures. as such, every body that wasn't retro-adapted to the new land walked into the fields, and a work of biomagic was used, every one of them crumbled to nutrient-rich dust. meanwhile, every New bacteria, poisonous insect, and disease vector within 2 kilometers of the colony, died and decomposed within seconds. The soil was suddenly perfect for growing, and filled with earthworms, lady-bug, etc. several new bodies were created to destroy the disease bringers when they went near the colony.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

With gladness the Tekians "dock". The wizards of life cast their curative magics on those inflicted with scurvy. A few warrior Protoss were aboard... Patrols were set up, and the Tekians hoped to breed their wyverns here. The self-replicating food of the Tekians apparently did not include fruits.... but at least the Tekians were not forced to consume worm infested bread, or rats.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Ikassi

The earth goddess noted the rogue Ensi breaking free from the enlightened. This was too ammusing, watching the bumbling subsumed creatures try to track down something they could not see or hear.

Ikassi whispered into the minds of several of the rogue Ensi, speaking of a paradise in the south where the Enlightened dared not venture.

((Also, could I get an update on what Otako and Set find inside Alukium?))
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-30 at 03:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi

The earth goddess noted the rogue Ensi breaking free from the enlightened. This was too ammusing, watching the bumbling subsumed creatures try to track down something they could not see, hear or even feel.

Ikassi whispered into the minds of several of the rogue Ensi, speaking of a paradise in the south where the Enlightened dared not venture.

((Also, could I get an update on what Otako and Set find inside Alukium?))
    umm, I''m pretty sure there able to feel them, that's how they find most of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    umm, I''m pretty sure there able to feel them, that's how they find most of them.
    ((I think Omnik is trying to work in a problem into the story that is not easily overcome, remembering his distress about corrupted individuals from the charred lands being able to do nothing. I believe that these Ensi were supposed to break free and invisible meaning more than "unable to see" but rather "unable to detect and the Enlightened is unaware of them entirely." Otherwise, it would be too easy for the enlightened to just gather them all back and the whole event is meaningless. I'm trying to help advance whatever plot Omnik may have for these Ensi.))

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    ((I think Omnik is trying to work in a problem into the story that is not easily overcome, remembering his distress about corrupted individuals from the charred lands being able to do nothing. I believe that these Ensi were supposed to break free and invisible meaning more than "unable to see" but rather "unable to detect and the Enlightened is unaware of them entirely." Otherwise, it would be too easy for the enlightened to just gather them all back and the whole event is meaningless. I'm trying to help advance whatever plot Omnik may have for these Ensi.))
    Gargax seems to have noticed his undead disappearing, and a lot of them escaped, just not the ones in the valley, or near it. since, you notice part of your finger disappeared, throwing a bunch of flour on he floors, you notice a finger-shape crawling away, isn't it logical to think hat that s your finger? and it's not that hard to accept that it's invisible when you can alter or create life.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #1006

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Gargax seems to have noticed his undead disappearing, and a lot of them escaped, just not the ones in the valley, or near it. since, you notice part of your finger disappeared, throwing a bunch of flour on he floors, you notice a finger-shape crawling away, isn't it logical to think hat that s your finger? and it's not that hard to accept that it's invisible when you can alter or create life.
    ((I suggest that we just wait until Omnik is able to post anc clarify the matter. Also, I was under the impression that only a handfull of Ensi escaped and the finger in the analogy would be more like a flake of skin, though I suppose Cellis could still see them and alert the Enlightened if it did go unnoticed.))

17. - Top - End - #1007

Erothayce

"It is so. There are other races that we have interacted with and learned from. It is not an over exaggeration when we say we know almost everything. Our race has been traveling for many many years. On top of that our god has given us his book that records all knowledge."

Meanwhile in his fortress of solitude Erothayce was examining the shadow stuff of his realm. He became increasingly interested in this substance and figured the only way to learn more would be to absorb it into himself. He concentrated his power and began drawing the shadow into himself. Finally after a small time he had absorbed enough shadow to become fluent in it's use and the nuances of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    ! major act to take shadow realm domain
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-09-30 at 09:05 PM.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #1008

Alrinach

Alrinach opened a portal to the Reaches for Gargax's avatar, the occupied himself briefly with a side project.

Calling a silver Kolyarut to him, he flicked his fingers. Its plating became stronger and more elegant, and it was wrapped in rich violet robes, whose shade seems to shift slightly as they moved around in the air. Closing his eyes and focusing, Alrinach reached into the heart of the clockwork figure with a tendril of divine energy and nudged a gear ever so slightly out of place.

The entire being shook and fell to the ground breifly. Its other clockwork compensated, reversing direction, changing speed, and reajusting in a clatter of silver chimes. When the kolyarut rose again, its fingers twitched ever so slightly, and Alrinach surveyed it ambivalently before speaking.
    "I dub you Hetrimont, my ambassidor errant. You know your first task by my touch. Go, and fulfill my purpose."

Hetrimont cocked its head oddly, very unlike any other kolyarut had ever done. It looked at its master and spoke in a warbling, singsong voice.
    "A servant of my Lord am I,
    Little better, perhaps much worse.
    For while the others perfect are
    I’m forced to speak in… rhyme.”

It looked confused for a moment as it evaluated its previous statement.
    "Oh. Wait, that doesn't make-"
    With a perplexed, uneven popping sound, quite unlike the sound that Nemerensis made as it translocated, it vanished.

Alrinach stared after it, shaking his head bemusedly.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-30 at 10:17 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Gargax

The Ensirex explored the upper part of the Gaping Maw. The fissure was full of nonintelligent undead as well as various types of vermins. The Maw was also home to a number of slimes, mushroom creatures and dangerous Living spells animated by primal magic. The necromancers wished to take advantage of the ambient necrotic energy to power their dark rituals. Most surprisingly, one spell fizzled after another. What could possibly be disrupting their spellcasting?

Then one of the Ensirex noticed diminutive creatures floating around them. He used magical vision at the time; the creatures were naturally invisible. They appeared wormlike and made of ectoplasm, neither living nor dead. There were hundreds of those "parasites" in this region of the Maw, all feeding of necrotic energy. Some of them seemed to attach themselves to the undead.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-01 at 12:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: There are probably some lesser undead like zombies and ghouls to carry stuff)
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier felt the new surge of power flow into him from his followers, and smiled... Muh had changed, and even more continued to change hwere there once was bi planes there now existed planes that could break the sound barrier... where there once was small medical huts there were now large, and expansive hospitals, and Bladier felt that they needed to expand, so thus he made a Plane SPIECFICLY for them, and dubbed it The "Kalla" after the force the Xel'Nagga had manipulated, He then used some of his power from beofre to fuse Auir, and Shakuras into this new plane as well as the many smaller provinces that lined the coast, and with them he took their lands, or atl east created a copy of them in his new divine Plane that his people now dwelled in... Yet he left a singluar connection to the other planes... That of the void... So his people could still gaze upon the stars, and quest to ever reach higher.

The Protoss armada that had left for the new continent suddenly found itself exapnd to include all the ships that Balider had been unable to take as well as all the peoples he was unable to take... He also sent down his avatar to commune with them, and talk of a Messiah that shall be sent down to them, to lead them to The "Khalla"

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradin

Saradin appears, flying high above the colony of the Protoss/Saradinian colony.(Not Baldier's) He hoped he could tell his people of any threats. Meanwhile, Myrokhan appeared in the colony, focusing on teaching a single student at a time the fundamentals of higher magic.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

To Alrinach

The delegate smiles. "They go to the Spirit Realm of course. Where do you think they go?"

To Erothayce

The hobgoblin nods. "A book of knowledge would be a great blessing. I am sure our researchers would love to read it some time."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

24. - Top - End - #1014

Erothayce

"I'm sure they would but only a limited few can view it and retain their sanity."

erothayce.tumblr.com

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus watches his fleet as it begins to sail away. Just then, a storm breaks out, sending the ships far off course. They land on a rocky coast that shows little signs of life. Shaking his head, Cyrus sends a vision to the cleric in charge, informing him that they have only landed much farther west on the same continent as where they live.

After this, Cyrus begins to think. All the other gods have an avatar it seems. Perhaps he should too. And so he begins working at his forge. Eventually, a large ogre-shaped golem made of starmetal stands before him. Half again as tall as the tallest ogre, Cyrus imbues it with the tiniest bit of his own essence, granting the creature sentience and incredible power. "Welcome. I name you Crogin. You shall be my messenger to my people." With that Cyrus sent Crogin to his high temple. In the morning, the priests entered the inner sanctum, shocked and awed to find Crogin waiting for them.

Spoiler
    Show

1 major act to create an avatar
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-30 at 11:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Erothayce

Erothayce concentrated his will and shadowy creatures came into being. These were creatures made of shadow able to travel through shadows and Erothayce's plane to reach places. He made them utterly loyal to him and his followers alone. Any attempt to change their loyalty makes them attack the perpetrator until either they or the perpetrator are dead. He put them unto the earth with instructions to help his followers in any way necessary. Be it travel or protection or something else. After he went into the dreams of his followers telling them of their new allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act to create the Shadows. 2 major acts left 1 relic.
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-10-01 at 12:09 AM.

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The tekian explorers find a land covered in lush forests, mostly composed of bamboo. It is almost a surreal sight. The trees are home to a million different species of birds. The vegetation is bursting with life and regrows completely after it is cut. The smells and the sounds in the forests are striking. Even the colors are more vivid than usual.

As soon as the crew go deeper in the forest, they are ambushed by several natives. They look like bipedal monkeys, slighlty smaller than humans, and are all wearing painted masks over their face. Ten creatures are visible, but there seem to more hidden in bushes. They are wielding weapons made of wood and stone, such as lances, knives and primitive swords. They do not attack but stay on the defensive. One of them steps up to the group. His mask shows a neutral expression.

"Cho ay. Te kui nam? An ee oy?"

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The tekian explorers find a land covered in lush forests, mostly composed of bamboo. It is almost a surreal sight. The trees are home to a million different species of birds. The vegetation is bursting with life and regrows completely after it is cut. The smells and the sounds in the forests are striking. Even the colors are more vivid than usual.

As soon as the crew go deeper in the forest, they are ambushed by several natives. They look like bipedal monkeys, slighlty smaller than humans, and are all wearing painted masks over their face. Ten creatures are visible, but there seem to more hidden in bushes. They are wielding weapons made of wood and stone, such as lances, knives and primitive swords. They do not attack but stay on the defensive. One of them steps up to the group. His mask shows a neutral expression.

"Cho ay. Te kui nam? An ee oy?"
    A tongues spell is cast to hear what they are saying. "Uh, we have trouble understanding your language." The Tekia explorers say. "We are attempting to communicate as best as possible."

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite its best efforts, plagues still seem to be occurring within the Enlightened colony. The Hive mind begins sending apparently healthy bodies into the fields to be used as fuel for its bio-magic in a vain attempt to halt the disease.

The undead look at the Ensirex blankly. When asked about what happened they shake their heads. They tell vague stories of a great war, but everything after that is hazy at best, if not a complete blank. The researchers seem to think the magic creating the disease may be tied to the land somehow. A few fights break out between the Ensirex, usually over petty differences or imagined slights.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Saradinus

"We welcome you to our lands, strangers. We call this place Prasat Ayan. What do you seek here? The Great Stone Arch, maybe? We have never seen people like you before. Be wary, you don't want to anger the spirits of the forest."