New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Gargax

Surprised? Not particularly, annoyed, yes. He touched the fire-bird and a blue-fire started to spread. Not quickly, but a slow corruption. the beings of pure flame were caught between serving Gargax and the Fire Bird, the beings purely of his own flame however kept fighting, and some turned on the pure-flames and crushed them where they stood. This is not your fight little bird, either wait your turn or get out of my site. I am the power here, not you. To Nemerensis he merely sneered. I don't care about the other gods. They were friends and allies, and honestly I had nothing against them, I specifically designed my corruption so that it would not intrude upon the lands of others unless they wished it. Any fool of a god could stop the spread if they felt like it, but none did. I seek only one, thing- Immortality. I don't care if the other gods STAY gods, only that I will always remain. You have proclaimed yourself in the way of that, and so you must die. With that the chair burst into blue-fires, until Nemerensis was nearly consumed, and then Gargax sent his corpse to Alrinach, his body finally being consumed leaving the message in burning blue runes on Alrinachs floor.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 01:18 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

Surprised? Not particularly, annoyed, yes. He touched the fire-bird and a blue-fire started to spread. Not quickly, but a slow corruption. the beings of pure flame were caught between serving Gargax and the Fire Bird, the beings purely of his own flame however kept fighting, and some turned on the pure-flames and crushed them where they stood. This is not your fight little bird, either wait your turn or get out of my site. I am the power here, not you.
    The Firebird turned into flames and emitted a blinding light. A series of explosions erupted and shook the whole domain, as the Firebird was fighting Gargax's influence.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach looked up, sensing the destruction of his Servant. He waited.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax forced his blue-fire into the creatures being, warping it to his own purposes. I have studied you and your blood fire-bird, and I have learned much. You obviously have not. You were powerful when we were but demigods trying to stop you, but now that you invade my realm, you face an opponent far greater than before. Even while he talks Gargax is working, extending his blue flames influence into all parts of the Firebird, seeking to corrupt it or destroy it.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Gargax

Gargax forced his blue-fire into the creatures being, warping it to his own purposes. I have studied you and your blood fire-bird, and I have learned much. You obviously have not. You were powerful when we were but demigods trying to stop you, but now that you invade my realm, you face an opponent far greater than before. Even while he talks Gargax is working, extending his blue flames influence into all parts of the Firebird, seeking to corrupt it or destroy it.
    Gargax's corruption was slowly eating away the Firebird's body. K'Salaii screeched and looked directly into the Lich Lord's orbits.

Then the corruption seemed to wash away. Something was affecting the magical energies in the room. Gargax felt a great power at work...the power of an artifact.

"You are right. You are very powerful here, without a doubt. But I knew something you didn't. I knew about your enemy's plans. You are doomed. The gods will ultimately loose."

Gargax was suddenly teleported against his will, some distance above the Mountain of the Wyrm. There, in the sky, he could see the menacing shadow of the Beast.

"Ancient One. You have committed deicide. This is strictly forbidden. You are to be punished."

And at that precise moment, Gargax was stripped of his divinity. Well he was still extremly powerful as a lich, almost as strong as an hero deity, he lost all control over his undead troops and the ability to grant his priests divine spells (which means the priests are only able to cast lowl-level spells).

((OOC: Nemerensis was in fact a demigod; after Alrinach made a pact with the Wyrm, he was secretly granted 1 Divine Rank. The cost was great, however, as 10% of all the souls in the possession of Alrinach and Erothayce were consumed.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-05 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

It is good to plan ahead. Spoke the Archlich before disappearing.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Alrinach tipped his head and, with a flick of his fingers, acknowledged Gargax's words.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Duke stared at the Immortal Ensirex.

"Your god is no more."

The Countess simply relaxed in her seat, holding a cup of red wine in one hand.

---------------

Gargax's army was fighting well until the spells of his priests fizzled and the creatures relying on the Blue Flame were destroyed. The artifacts of the Lich Lord also reverted back to rough, alien relics.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-05 at 01:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Gargaxian armies thought all lost, they still fought on bravely, until a beacon of light appeared. All over the armies shining silver beacons arrived followed by small forces of their most devoted. By now their were thousands of Silver Nobles, and many more devoted worshipers. Ocogoiks arose above the armies and spoke, his voice ringing out. My father may be gone, but I will not stand by as his followers, these innocents, are slaughtered by the betrayers. I will ask only once, my father is gone, I can no longer feel his light on my soul, the corruption has stopped and his priests are almost powerless. Turn back. I may not be able to stand against the Lord of Law, but me and my kin will die defending his, and my, people.

10. - Top - End - #1180

Hetrimont appeared on the battlefield and kidked idly through the ruin of two armies, singing a sad little rhyming song.

"Clashed here the legions of two gods
    Now only one remains.
    Though two did plot, now one is naught,
    For all his schemes and pains."

"The other stands, and takes his lauds
    His gift is not yet done
    For of the Gods, he remains at odds
    With... another... one."

If it can, it will pick up the now-crude relics and bring them back to its master.

Alrinach's armies continued to fight grimly, mopping up the survivors and, if possible, taking the high-ranking officers hostage.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: They're still with Gargax I think, he had them on his person at the time.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Hetrimont appeared on the battlefield and kidked idly through the ruin of two armies, singing a sad little rhyming song.

"Clashed here the legions of two gods
    No only one remains.
    Though two did plot, now one is naught,
    For all his schemes and pains."

"The other stands, and takes his lauds
    His gift is not yet done
    For of the Gods, he remains at odds
    With... another... one."

If it can, it will pick up the now-crude relics and bring them back to its master.
    EDIT: (Yes, Gargax has them on him.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-05 at 02:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1183

((OK: I was actually editing the post while you guys posted. Are there any officers to take hostage who will submit to conference?))
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 02:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: wait wait wait, even without his priests there's still a big army, unless necromancy just suddenly ceased to exist they still have a large army and powerful soldiers and spellcastes, plus they now have a powerful being and his powerful servants fighting on their side. But of course there are officers, it's an army isn't it? Besides, all Ensirex are pragmatists, they're going to hate you forever but if they can avoid dying they will.))
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 02:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1185

((That's fair. Alrinach's forces will take losses, although since they're all constructs direct necromatic magical attacks probably won't have that much of an effect on them. Combined with the odd metallic shielding that they have in place, that may complicate them. In any case, Alrinach's armies offer to accept their surrender for now, if they're amenable.))

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: You realize they know lots of straight arcane magic as well right? Thunderbolts fireballs and the like, they do have "regular" magic, they just specialize in necromancy. And they will accept "surrender" ))

17. - Top - End - #1187

((Then Alrinach's troops will take losses until the surrender, at which point Gargax's armies will be sorted out by rank and guarded until further orders arrive.))

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mineral warriors and mushroom men emerged from the depths of the Gaping Maw, intending to clear the area of the Maw of any Ensirex and intelligent undead left.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    Myrokhan gave Gargax the Proto-Artifact Wand of Power that was given to him by Saradinus. Saradinus suspected that some sort of plot had taken place to dethrone the deities. He would not allow this... However, through his power, Saradinus utilized both Ring and Book striving with together with his will(Minor Act) to make sure no one would ever find out who had given Gargax the powerful item. Gargax simply discovered the Wand of Power. Overuse, Gargax might find, would begin to purify him, but in the mean time the Wand of Power would protect him from those more powerful than him without the Wand.
    Unfortunately, Myrokhan doesn't find Gargax anywhere. Saradinus can't sense the lich.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

The War prince arrived in a great flying fortress (for those of you acquainted with planes this is a Troop carrier/Bomber used in WW II.)
    , and saw the decimation before him.... While he had missed out on the fight the forces of his allies had still emerged victiourious, and the heartened him greatly. So, Adun sent out all of his most advanced mechanics to aid the injured of his ally, and to assist in ridding the corruption from the land (Which may, or may not still be there.) He summuned Zeratul the Earth warden from his private quarters, and began the healing process of the land.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus was interested. He suspected that something was up to....something...? Did that make sense? The Maw was not too far from Tekia itself.... Such a war was very dangerous for the Republic. (How powerful are my dragons by now?)
    Saradinus even sent Myrokhan back to the Old World in Tekia. Myrokhan began to teach student after student.(About five years each. A Minor Act.) To ensure that the Island would not run out of heroes to protect the land.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Sixrael, the Ensirex Earth Warder, and Ocogoiks, moved to intervene. Sixrael spoke. I am Sixrael, Blessed by Ikassi, and these lands are under my protection. You will cease your attempts to defile these lands, Now!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

Gargax

Sixrael, the Ensirex Earth Warder, and Ocogoiks, moved to intervene. Sixrael spoke. I am Sixrael, Blessed by Ikassi, and these lands are under my protection. You will cease your attempts to defile these lands, Now!
    Zeratul looked up confusedly at His fellow Earth warden.
    "My actions are not to defile, but to purify my freind, I merely wish to return the earth to its state before it was changed by your god."

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Earth Warder stands his ground, his feet firmly planted. And I tell you that to me and those who live here it is a defilement. These lands are holy to us, to me, they are not impure merely different. If these were your lands we had changed you would be in the right to alter them back it is not, they are our lands, and there is nothing wrong with them. You will cease immediately.

25. - Top - End - #1195

At the Palace of the Wyrm, Calladia arrived at the room where the Duke and Countess were recieving the emessariea and bowed low, its white robes, gleaming metal wings, and opal body the spitting image of its predecessor. Its voice, though still musical, was tinged with melancholy.

"My Lord's gift is complete."
    It motioned with a gleaming hand to the delegation of Gargax, ligering in particular over the Ensirex that deconstructed Palorium.
    "If it is in his power, he offers these three as sacrifices to you and your Lord."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 03:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Countess looked at each delegate in the room.

"So, what does everyone think? Should these three die?"

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Shade King floated forward, his fiery orange eyes impassive he spoke to the replacement As the Duke mentioned this is a holy place, We did what We did because We had to. And do not become full of yourself. You are still no match for the three of us.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 03:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Ylvive
    "YLVIVE!""" Saradinus'es voice spoke as thunder. Saradinus'es disembodied head appeared before Ylvive."It is in our best interests all for us to speak. You, and the Elemental lords, as well as the gods all need your help. Nothing will survive or if they do survive, they shall be high corrupted, unless you listen to my call of desperation!"

29. - Top - End - #1199

Calladia looked coldly at the Shade King, and spoke wryly.
    "Perhaps our lords should do battle."

It turned back to the Countess and inclined its head.
    "Yes. It is customary that the leaders of a failed army be sacrificed. It is just."

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Shade King approximated the closest thing to a sneer as it could. Apparently, your lord is such a coward I doubt he would not even fight our lords SHADOW on his own. As for our armies, we are not the leaders of our army and it did not fail, there was merely no more cause for battle. We could continue to fight if you'd like, you may win but there would be a great toll for your side. And I recall no such custom, perhaps it is merely such among your people, too cowardly to face anyone who might oppose them after they win.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 03:35 PM.