New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus and Ylvive
    "YLVIVE!""" Saradinus'es voice spoke as thunder. Saradinus'es disembodied head appeared before Ylvive."It is in our best interests all for us to speak. You, and the Elemental lords, as well as the gods all need your help. Nothing will survive or if they do survive, they shall be high corrupted, unless you listen to my call of desperation!"
    "I've heard of you. Go on, speak."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Calladia whirred.

"Ah, you seem to have mistaken my meaning. My higher master and yours did battle: I presume you don't seek to disparage our Dread Lord, the Wyrm?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "I've heard of you. Go on, speak."
    Saradinus

"The Big Serpent seeks to enslave everything.. both gods and elemental lord, and all mortals. We need you to intercede. Creatures in a mountain my people attempted to enter with the other champions of other gods, but they returned with reports of sensing intense evil inside the mountain. It was as if the sanctity of the world had been fouled! Now before you say that good and evil are not an Elemental Lord's concern, this evil comes from not simply gods but extreme demons.... No force could be as dark as that my servants had felt. I have heard across the continent on the Island of Teke about mysterious rulers called the Duke and the Countess, that may be up to this enslavement. Ylvive, can a god of life allow the purity of nature to be corrupted into the Hells on his very watch?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-05 at 03:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Did Battle? There was no battle fool. My god killed a worthless servant of yours that he sent knowing he would die, all in the name of casting down a staunch ally of his. Great work by the way, perhaps we should call him the Lord of Betrayal now.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #1205

Calladia's opal fingers made delicate clicking noises as it gestured carelessly, waving a hand unconcernedly through the air.

"My Lord honored the Laws of the Wyrm, and your did not. His pride led to his downfall."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus smiled as he watched Ocogniks and the majoirty (if not all) of his followers leave the city. He sent a vision to the chiefs of his cities. Soon proclamations were heard that a new tax would be levied on all followers and churches of Ocogniks. Meanwhile, the armies of the Cyreans moved to defend their cities, should any of the battling spill over.

The delegates to the Wyrm's Children watched the going-ons impassively, save for a look of disgust at their kin that had been raised from the dead. At the countess' question, Mogord shrugs but says nothing.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Your god made a deal with the Wyrm, no doubt kept in secret from the other gods, knowing full well what would happen when he sent his servant after our Lord. You used the laws to your advantage, but that does not lessen the truth of your betrayal. You are beings of law, but you have no honor.

---

All the followers of Ocogoiks left the cities of Cyrus and traveled to the lands of the Ensirex. Ocogoiks sent a message to all the gods. I will act as regent to my fathers lands in his stead, and will serve with a council of his most devoted. It is my rightful place as the most powerful of his children to rule in his absence.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 03:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

The Earth Warder stands his ground, his feet firmly planted. And I tell you that to me and those who live here it is a defilement. These lands are holy to us, to me, they are not impure merely different. If these were your lands we had changed you would be in the right to alter them back it is not, they are our lands, and there is nothing wrong with them. You will cease immediately.
    "I understand freind, and I apologise... I will leave your lands in peace. May peace live in your hearts, and the stars watch over you. May the watch over us all."
    He then departs leaving a forlorn aura behind him... he had just recived a grave message from his god.... the death of his freinds lord had accured recently killed by the great wrym for a crime known as "Deicide".

9. - Top - End - #1209

Calladia nodded, like a lawyer presenting a case.
    "Indeed, my lord knew what would happen: your god Gargax was a predictable in his spitefulness as any being yet encountered. It was his unwillingness to change or compromise that was his downfall- as the now-lost Nemerensis warned him it would be, many ages ago."

"As for honor, my Lord is consistent. He honors the Wyrm, and owes fealty to no other. He has allies among the gods whom he would not betray- and you Lord was distinctly, thanks to his drive for power, not in that category."

---

Alrinach spoke to Ocogoiks:
    "Child of Gargax, your father is not gone by any means. As I distain his methods, I respect his resourcefulness. Regent you are, but by my grace. Will you do anything differently than your predecessor?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 04:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

My lord was not spiteful, he was honorable. He honored his servants as his children in a way your lord, in his coldness cannot. He drove for power, but unlike your narrow view of the world he also sought to better the lives of his followers. As for honor, I repeat, you have none. You cold indifferent fools have no true understanding of what it means and you never will.

---

Ocogoiks responds, his voice regal but respectful, but also tinged with anger and resentment. I will seek godhood and immortality, but so too will I seek to better my people, and to enrich their lives so they may seek their own paths in life. I will do no less for them, and I do not see how you thought this was wrong of my father to seek.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Calladia spread its arms and gestured to the assembled emissaries.

"Which among us has felt bettered by your God? Your lord plucked souls unlawfully from we soul-keepers, expanded his filth across the land in an affront to the Earth, you raised your dead in a mockery of respect so that they could serve as your workforce, so that even in death they could find no rest... Immortality is a fine goal: but your lord already posessed that! What, then, did he strive for? Only power!"

---

Alrinach nodded at Ocogoiks' words.

"I have no doubt that given the opportunity, little one, you will destroy me. So it is perhaps foolish of me to bless you. But I will remain in contact, and advise you on what I think is wise."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 04:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Set and Otako viewed the arguments between the two parties.

I say we leave them to their squabble, Set. What ever happens is of no concern to us.

Set, however, remaind indignant.

I don't like the dead monstrosities either, but to see this self proclaimed mechanical lawyer demand their death over some "rules of conduct" is far above this things jurisdiction!
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-05 at 04:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Shade King could not keep the contempt from his voice, nor did he try as he spoke to the construct You think the gods truly immortal? HA! they are immortal, but even gods may die, thus TRUE immortality is denied even the gods. We offered trade and help to all those who would accept it, it is not the Archliches fault some did not take us or him up on his offers. And he took only the souls of his own worshipers, and we gave them freely, you in your ignorance call it a taint, we call it a blessing. The goddess of the Earth herself deemed one of our kind fit to be one of her chosen, and has not seemed so affronted by our lands. And we are the children of undeath, we find no wrong with corpses rising from their graves, you think you know what purity is and as such you rail at our kind for being impure, but in our eyes it is you who are impure, you who would be as abominations.

---

Perhaps now, but what child would not strike against his fathers betrayer. I had no avarice before your actions, and neither did my father. You were just paranoid.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 04:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

"we do not regard you as impure for your undeath it is the raising of the bodies of creatures that bodies do not belong to your peoples! I have seen a recently killed stag in the near by forest rise up again in a matter of moments. this animal did not want to be raised, but nor did it want to die. Death is a part of the natural cycle, and as a student of all that is the natural order, i will say that the raising, and deforming off the corpses of the fallen, and in the most recent case the raising of the soldiers of the enemy it defies all that the cycle stands for. You DARE to call yourself a warden yet you do not respect that which is natural. death was around long before the first lich, or vampire was even a mortal. What you do is in fact NOT natural else wise why would such a force exist in this land of the new star? What makes you think you can defy the thing that eventually claims us all?
    Zeratul is breathing heavily from his recent mental shut he had just issued at the Ensirex who had just had the gall to call undeath natural.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-05 at 04:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "we do not regard you as impure for your undeath it is the raising of the bodies of creatures that bodies do not belong to your peoples! I have seen a recently killed stag in the near by forest rise up again in a matter of moments. this animal did not want to be raised, but nor did it want to die. Death is a part of the natural cycle, and as a student of all that is the natural order, i will say that the raising, and deforming off the corpses of the fallen, and in the most recent case the raising of the soldiers of the enemy it defies all that the cycle stands for. You DARE to call yourself a warden yet you do not respect that which is natural. death was around long before the first lich, or vampire was even a mortal. What you do is in fact NOT natural else wise why would such a force exist in this land of the new star? What makes you think you can defy the thing that eventually claims us all?
    Zeratul is breathing heavily from his recent mental shut he had just issued at the Ensirex who had just had the gall to call undeath natural.
    OOC: When did I say that?

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: When did I say that?
    ((this is his manifestation of all his general dislike towards necromancy as his study of the natural order would indeed say that death is the second most important part of the natural cycle, and your constant screams of who no one is immortal, and how you seek to defy death by attaining such a level of power.))

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

((this is his manifestation of all his general dislike towards necromancy as his study of the natural order would indeed say that death is the second most important part of the natural cycle, and your constant screams of who no one is immortal, and how you seek to defy death by attaining such a level of power.))
    But WHO and WHEN was it said that undeath was NATURAL?

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

But WHO and WHEN was it said that undeath was NATURAL?
    (THE SHADE KING.... he even went as far as to call it a blessing, and call US abominations.... Dont take me for a fool Asmo.))

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(THE SHADE KING.... he even went as far as to call it a blessing, and call US abominations.... Dont take me for a fool Asmo.))
    (You two, either forget about it or take it to the OOC thread. Thank you.)

20. - Top - End - #1220

Gargax

The Shade King could not keep the contempt from his voice, nor did he try as he spoke to the construct You think the gods truly immortal? HA! they are immortal, but even gods may die, thus TRUE immortality is denied even the gods. We offered trade and help to all those who would accept it, it is not the Archliches fault some did not take us or him up on his offers. And he took only the souls of his own worshipers, and we gave them freely, you in your ignorance call it a taint, we call it a blessing. The goddess of the Earth herself deemed one of our kind fit to be one of her chosen, and has not seemed so affronted by our lands. And we are the children of undeath, we find no wrong with corpses rising from their graves, you think you know what purity is and as such you rail at our kind for being impure, but in our eyes it is you who are impure, you who would be as abominations.

---

Perhaps now, but what child would not strike against his fathers betrayer. I had no avarice before your actions, and neither did my father. You were just paranoid.
    Calladia nodded at the Protoss War Prince, in appreciation of its point.
    "It seems that any discussion we broach is doomed to a cycle of semantics. If the Duke or Countess desires, I will expound on my points. For now, I submit my vote that these servants of Gargax are excellent sacrifices to the glory of the Wyrm and to welcome His children."

---

Alrinach nodded. "Is there any supply your people desire that I may provide, as a gesture of goodwill?"

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

*whistles*

The Protoss armada, and small air fleet arrive at the northern continent, and begin making prepartions for making a ground base, and a foothold on the shore of the continent.

22. - Top - End - #1222

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Calladia nodded at the Protoss War Prince, in appreciation of its point.
    "It seems that any discussion we broach is doomed to a cycle of semantics. If the Duke or Countess desires, I will expound on my points. For now, I submit my vote that these servants of Gargax are excellent sacrifices to the glory of the Wyrm and to welcome His children."
    Set stepped forwards, shrugging off Otako's attempts to hold him back.

That's all well and good, now isn't it. Just send them off as sacrifices and forget about them. This glorified scrap heap will have you believe that these lives can be discarded as easily as an unwanted garment.

He moved over to the Ensirex and put a hand to the side of his head, where an ear would be if the Myrmici had ears.

Do you hear that? A heart beat. Breath. A spirit that flows with the possibility of self improvement and discovery.

He went over to Calladia and rapped on it's head with his knuckles.

And this, this is a souless husk, incapable of improvement, its purpose being that of a mindless servant to a greater power.

Otako simply covered her eyes and shook her head.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Immortal looked upon the outburst of the protoss with disdain and spoke. In my travels I have seen those who viewed all manner of things disgusting, and not a small percentage were those who viewed psionics as an abomination. Who are you to defile the minds of others, to read the thoughts of those around you, to root around in the minds of those who do not wish it. Why, even now you broadcast straight to my mind, I gave you no permission to invade my mind and yet you do so anyway, but to you it so as natural as breathing. And do not DARE speak to me what the "Cycle" and what is "natural" I am older than you can count, I have been around for ages, and yet you speak to me with impudence, in our lands, what seems natural to you is no longer truth, we, and the creatures who live in our lands, view undeath and that which you call "impure corruption" as something that has always been, because the land and the creatures in it, ALL of the creatures, are different down to their base parts. What is "natural" can be changed, all things can be changed.

the Shade King respond with amusement toward the automaton in its shadowy and distant voice. Perhaps it is you who should serve as the sacrifice, after all if you're late predecessor or your so called "First Among Servants" are any example, your paranoid god will throw away any number of his devoted followers in the name of his paranoid goals.

---

Ocogoiks responded with anger, tightly controlled though it was. Just get your soldiers the hell away from our lands, this is all the "good will" we need. We will manage on our own as we ever have.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 05:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Calladia whirred indignantly.
    "I may not bleed as you do, Ambassidor, but I am no less sentient. My Lord does allow us freedom, in varying degrees: one of us, Hetrimont, is completly free. And still it chooses to serve Alrinach."

The opal being gestured smoothly to Otako.
    "You disgrace your companion in your outburst. You induce feelings of shame or embarassment. How do you reconcile that? You are friends, or companions, and still you hurt each other. Perhaps not intentionally, but by accident, by a series of small indignities that pile and pile and compound. How complex and nuanced your interactions are!"

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Gargax

The Immortal looked upon the outburst of the protoss with disdain and spoke. In my travels I have seen those who viewed all manner of things disgusting, and not a small percentage were those who viewed psionics as an abomination. Who are you to defile the minds of others, to read the thoughts of those around you, to root around in the minds of those who do not wish it. Why, even now you broadcast straight to my mind, I gave you no permission to invade my mind and yet you do so anyway, but to you it so as natural as breathing. And do not DARE speak to me what the "Cycle" and what is "natural" I am older than you can count, I have been around for ages, and yet you speak to me with impudence, in our lands, what seems natural to you is no longer truth, we, and the creatures who live in our lands, view undeath and that which you call "impure corruption" as something that has always been, because the land and the creatures in it, ALL of the creatures, are different down to their base parts. What is "natural" can be changed, all things can be changed.

the Shade King respond with amusement toward the automaton in its shadowy and distant voice. Perhaps it is you who should serve as the sacrifice, after all if you're late predecessor or your so called "First Among Servants" are any example, your paranoid god will throw away any number of his devoted followers in the name of his paranoid goals.

---

Ocogoiks responded with anger, tightly controlled though it was. Just get your soldiers the hell away from our lands, this is all the "good will" we need. We will manage on our own as we ever have.
    ((You do know that Adun has been around since like my tenth post in this thread right? the Protoss are an ageless race, albiet they can be killed by just about anything else that would kill a augmented human.))
    "Aye the dog who would dare refer to himself as a member of the kalla who routes around in another mans mind is nothing more than a peice of filth, but my words are in fact not entirely directed into your mind, but a general broadcast that delves no more into your mind then the song of a passing minstrel playing his lute. But I will disgress at your statement of what is natural being changed, I myself live in a much "different" envrion the any of the races on this planet exist on, but I have existed since my father Sagrand was but a young warrior prince of the age of 100, and I have seen the nation of the Protoss go from backwoods to the towr of inspiration, and technology that it is now. So, I will ignore your insult directed at me when you called me a "young one", and merely counter act with the statement that my apperance does little to belay my true age."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

((OOC: This guy has been around since my FIRST, FYI))
    I must profess a similar state of being. I am one of the first Ensi in these lands, having been here since my lord, and yours, first arrived. And you obviously missed my point entirely.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 06:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

((OOC: This guy has been around since my FIRST, FYI))
    (((OOC: Um, no he hasn't I went back, and checked the first page, and your first post is discussion with the other gods... My guy was training back when I first introduced the first Protoss king. >.>))

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

(((OOC: Um, no he hasn't I went back, and checked the first page, and your first post is discussion with the other gods... My guy was training back when I first introduced the first Protoss king. >.>))
    ((Oh yea, I meant the first world interaction post)) so you don't miss it:

I must profess a similar state of being. I am among the first Ensi in these lands, having been here since my lord, and yours, first arrived. And you obviously missed my point entirely.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 06:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Set glared at the opal being.

You claim sentience, you claim freedom, yes, you may have those things, but you are nothing more than an machine, an extention of your master's will. You delude yourself in thinking you understand the living. You cannot feel what we feel. You cannot feel anger, pain, compassion, or sadness. You do nothing more than imitate those who are truly capable of such feelings.

If anything, you are more a mockerry of life than the undead. The necromancers of the Ensirex have the dignity to call it as it is, but you come here, nothing more than a pretender.

((Disclaimer: Set is impulsive and childlike in nature. His views of the Inevitable do not necessaarily reflect those of Ikassi towards Alrinach))
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-05 at 06:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

((Oh yea, I meant the first world interaction post)) so you don't miss it:
    ((yeah, I was just curious seeing as I thought we hadn't even done anything until like the 30th post, and if we are going by that then my guy has been around since my first as well seeing as the conclave was the first world interaction I posted.))
    Adun taps his foot impaitently waiting fpr the shade kings response.
    "And you mine, I was merely stating that we protoss dare not delve into the minds of others without their premission anywhere then the battle field on pain of death Shade."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-05 at 06:17 PM.