New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Alrinach's armies retreat from the corrupted lands, and the god himself laughs lightly in his conversation with Ocogoiks.
    "Ah, you see? More polite already than your erstwhile lord. Still a little angry, but better. Well done."
    He severed the connection and returned his attention to the Palace throne room.

((Arguments in OOC, guys.))
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

((You're talking to the Immortal now, the Shade speaks in bold black text))
    And MINE was that all being see some things as unnatural and wrong, you deny that psionics are an unnatural abomination, because it comes naturally to you and is normal where you are from, well so to is necromancy to us and in our lands. In the Ensirex lands Undeath is merely one part of the "Cycle"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

((Ah, I see.))
    "Excuse me, but in my travels across three contients I have never met a people who have considered psionics unnatural... could you please give me an example of such a peoples?"

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Mogord listens quietly, taking it all in but saying nothing. At Adun's question he finally speaks up. "While we have enjoyed a long and fruitful relationship with your people Prince Adun, we too worry sometimes about the ease with which you can enter someone's mind. It makes one feel nervous and vulnerable. How would we know if you broke your laws? How would another Protoss know, unless they were checking for it? While we trust your people and your laws, you should know that your psionics do cause some of the other races some...hesitation." He bows his head politely to the Prince.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ettin in the Playground

"And I understand why one would be uncomftable, but we are a respectful people with our entire society bent on honor, and respect... We are by far one of the kinder civilizations in existance, and have delevered shipments of medicine, and some technology free of charge to many of the existing civilizations."

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "And I understand why one would be uncomftable, but we are a respectful people with our entire society bent on honor, and respect... We are by far one of the kinder civilizations in existance, and have delevered shipments of medicine, and some technology free of charge to many of the existing civilizations."
    Saradinus
    A rather large shipment of ore has been sent to Protoss lands in the hopes of protecting Protoss from starvation and strengthening them for melee.

Rogen is still attempting to spread the teachings of The Light to all people's across the Old World and Ansat Prayan.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus

"The Big Serpent seeks to enslave everything.. both gods and elemental lord, and all mortals. We need you to intercede. Creatures in a mountain my people attempted to enter with the other champions of other gods, but they returned with reports of sensing intense evil inside the mountain. It was as if the sanctity of the world had been fouled! Now before you say that good and evil are not an Elemental Lord's concern, this evil comes from not simply gods but extreme demons.... No force could be as dark as that my servants had felt. I have heard across the continent on the Island of Teke about mysterious rulers called the Duke and the Countess, that may be up to this enslavement. Ylvive, can a god of life allow the purity of nature to be corrupted into the Hells on his very watch?"
    "I'd like to talk to you in person. Come to the Life Tree."

Indeed, when Saradinus (or an avatar) teleported there, he sensed Ylvive's essence inside the trunk of the Life Tree.

"I respect you Saradinus. You value life as much as me. I am certain you are being honest. However, I do not fear demons. I am as old as the world...I've seen many gods rise and fall. I do not think Nature is really threatened. Corrupted into Hell, really? That seems extreme."

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "I'd like to talk to you in person. Come to the Life Tree."

Indeed, when Saradinus (or an avatar) teleported there, he sensed Ylvive's essence inside the trunk of the Life Tree.

"I respect you Saradinus. You value life as much as me. I am certain you are being honest. However, I do not fear demons. I am as old as the world...I've seen many gods rise and fall. I do not think Nature is really threatened. Corrupted into Hell, really? That seems extreme."
    Saradinus came to the Life Tree.... "Yeah hi.... While we talk here, I communicate with you through my mind..."

9. - Top - End - #1239

Ikassi

Otako grabbed set and pulled him off to the side of the chamber.

She whispered something to him and shushed him when he began to protest.

We have given what we can to the two. It would be best for us to leave before any more mistakes are made. I know you mean well, but there is nothing more we can do.

She led/dragged Set out of the room and the palace.

Ikassi impatiently waited for their exit from the palace. She could not see into the building and was concerned of the well being of the two Earthbound she had sent. Once they escaped the wards around the palace, she was made aware of all that had happened inside.

Really, now...it is a pity Gargax is not among us. I will miss his...unique presence. Yet, I envy him, in a way.

She knew that Gargax, as he was no longer a god, was no longer bound by the Wyrm's decrees, yet he still wielded considerable power. God or not, Gargax could not be ignored.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-05 at 10:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Palace of the Wyrm

The Countess spoke after Set and Otako were gone.

"We are pleased with all your gifts. Now I would ask every delegation to make a demand. Tell us what your people need the most and we will bless you accordingly. You will have to send gifts each year to renew the agreement."

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened
    to the border guard on the other continent We can wait for a guide.

at the Palace of the Wyrm, the Enlightened bring many of their most advanced harvesters, miners, fliers and so on. When the Countess asks the question they speak as one WE bring tributes of our creations, creatures created for specific tasks, we can create and alter any life with bio-magic. These are our gift.

When the Clockworks begin talking of killing the Enserix, they speak What is the reasoning behind killing them? how does killing spirits in a sacred place appease anyone? what have they done to offend you besides there means of existence? and what is so bad about prolonging one's life? not all bodies are blessed as you.

For the demand We would ask for the purification of the Tainted Coast on the continent of Ryceck for our demand. So that it would be habitable and not alter a creatures mind.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-10-06 at 06:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

12. - Top - End - #1242

Alrinach

In the Palace of the Wyrm, Calladia adjusted its golden wings with a clicking soud as it contemplated the offer of a boon. It felt the light of it's Lord flow through it, and its clockwork insides crackled with energy as it was elevated to replace the lost First Servant. For the moment, it remained silent.

Elsewhere, high-ranking priests of Alrinach circled the rim of the Maw and began working their magics, transmuting the rough rock lip of the crater into the worked opal of the Marble Reaches and Alomarra, until there was a gleaming white circle of buildings and spires worked into the cliff face, like a crown. Citizens, particularly mages, emigrated from the White City to study and contemplate, and the people gave the new city, Alrinach's first expansion, a name: Lycthe.

Meanwhile, Alrinach himself appeared with a glimmer on the shores of Ryceck, and spoke to any divine being that would heed his call.
    "I, Alrinach of Law, seek council with the pantheon of this continent."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-06 at 06:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis appears beside him You know, sometimes some one comes up with an idea I really wish I'd thought of first, that's when I steal that idea. I hope I'm not intruding.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

14. - Top - End - #1244

Alrinach looks amused.
    "Not at all. My emissary had little luck through indirect means so..." he trailed off and made an elegant sweeping gesture with his arms, "Here we are."

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

My servants are stuck waiting at the border for a guide. Out of curiosity, how do you contact the Wyrm, I'm interested in making a deal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #1246

Alrinach looked skeptically at the other god.
    "That's an unusual thing to reveal... Why should I tell you how to contact the Wyrm?"

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach

In the Palace of the Wyrm, Calladia adjusted its golden wings with a clicking soud as it contemplated the offer of a boon. It felt the light of it's Lord flow through it, and its clockwork insides crackled with energy as it was elevated to replace the lost First Servant. For the moment, it remained silent.

Elsewhere, high-ranking priests of Alrinach circled the rim of the Maw and began working their magics, transmuting the rough rock lip of the crater into the worked opal of the Marble Reaches and Alomarra, until there was a gleaming white circle of buildings and spires worked into the cliff face, like a crown. Citizens, particularly mages, emigrated from the White City to study and contemplate, and the people gave the new city, Alrinach's first expansion, a name: Lycthe.

Meanwhile, Alrinach himself appeared with a glimmer on the shores of Ryceck, and spoke to any divine being that would heed his call.
    "I, Alrinach of Law, seek council with the pantheon of this continent."
    The area around the Maw is still full of mineral warriors, mushroom men and slimes. They don't let anyone get that close to the fissure.

18. - Top - End - #1248

The iron kolyarut Carborex put down the sword it was using to teach mineral warriors basic sparring and approached the mass of Vol'Tak.

"You honor, my Lord desires to establish a settlement around the mouth of the Maw in order to study and try and replicate the curious larvae that distrupt the connection of souls and undead."

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The iron kolyarut Carborex put down the sword it was using to teach mineral warriors basic sparring and approached the mass of Vol'Tak.

"You honor, my Lord desires to establish a settlement around the mouth of the Maw in order to study and try and replicate the curious larvae that distrupt the connection of souls and undead."
    Vul'Tak slowly moved his hulking body to face the kolyarut. The worm could crush anything with those teeth.

"NO! MAW SACRED! NO DEFILERS!"

At the same time, the mushrooms on his back clumped together.

"Vol'Tak would also like to point out that those parasites didn't originate in the Maw. They were simply attracted to the undead there."

20. - Top - End - #1250

Carborex nodded at both the mushroom avatar and at Vol'Tak and flipped its longsword back into its hand, returning to training troops.

"Very good then. My master shall seek the Soul Larvae elsewhere."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Baldier

When the protoss landed on one of the large islands composing the frozen archipelago, they noticed tall ivory towers in the distance. There seemed to be at least one tower per island, at the base of which stood a fortified village.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Carborex nodded at both the mushroom avatar and at Vol'Tak and flipped its longsword back into its hand, returning to training troops.

"Very good then. My master shall seek the Soul Larvae elsewhere."
    Saradinus
    The explorers still searched for the unknown lands, hoping they could somehow establish another colony. Saradinus hoped himself he could exert the kindness of the Light to all the world.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

A voice speaks to Alrinach and Cellis, seemingly coming from everywhere. "And why should we treat with you? You kill your brethern and make war upon them and theirs. And now you come here. What guarntee is there that you won't do the same? Or try and 'collect' all the creatures you find here for yourself?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    A voice speaks to Alrinach and Cellis, seemingly coming from everywhere. "And why should we treat with you? You kill your brethern and make war upon them and theirs. And now you come here. What guarntee is there that you won't do the same? Or try and 'collect' all the creatures you find here for yourself?"
    Saradinus
    "Saradinus heard something, sensing through his domains what the entity had said... Saradinus heard the exchange, and suddenly something made him very... angry. Saradinus listened to the exchange without giving himself away. Warding himself through a minor act, and his two artifacts, he then decided to whether or not he should warn the entity."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-06 at 07:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Saradinus
    The explorers still searched for the unknown lands, hoping they could somehow establish another colony. Saradinus hoped himself he could exert the kindness of the Light to all the world.
    ((You are talking of the southern continent, right?))

The Tekians in Prasat Ayan met people from other parts of the Island. There were different kind of bipedal animals: tiger people, hawk people, boar people, etc. All of them wore ceremonial masks when interacting with the settlers. Eventually, the natives revealed their greatest secret: they were in fact shapechangers, not unlike dopplegangers, capable of appearing as one of the sacred animals of the Island.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Saradinus
    "Saradinus heard something, sensing through his domains what Cyrus had said... Saradinus heard the exchange, and suddenly something made him very... angry. Saradinus listened to the exchange without giving himself away. Warding himself through a minor act, and his two artifacts, he then decided to whether or not he should warn Cyrus."
    (It's a god of the Ryceak speaking, not Cyrus)

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Immortal Ensirex turned to the great dragon-children. We would request that Ocogoiks, son of our lord, be given the powers of godhood, or at the least be made to be of the truly devine, our priests need a source of power and spells, and we need at least some security a divine creature can offer.

---

Meanwhile the Ensirex researchers searched for a way to keep the parasites from leeching the souls and power from undead, or at least giving them a distracting source of energy other than Undead that would satisfy the creatures, and looking into possible uses for the creatures to aid in magical and divine illnesses and sickness of the soul.

---

On the Tainted Coast the Ensirex searched for more about this dead god, even going so far as to dig around in likely spots with the mining creatures looking for some evidence of his existence. More and more mad undead are brought in to be healed and made sane, and a formal ambassador is sent to the Enlightened on the Coast. The camp of the Ensirex, once a mighty base, was now a large thriving port, with ships going to and fro.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    ((You are talking of the southern continent, right?))

The Tekians in Prasat Ayan met people from other parts of the Island. There were different kind of bipedal animals: tiger people, hawk people, boar people, etc. All of them wore ceremonial masks when interacting with the settlers. Eventually, the natives revealed their greatest secret: they were in fact shapechangers, not unlike dopplegangers, capable of appearing as one of the sacred animals of the Island.
    Saradinus
    The people had been wondering if they were able to learn any other craft from the natives. "Are you the spirits of the forest?" The Tekians asked. They hoped the answer would be simply a "yes".

29. - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    "I can offer no pursuasive words in my defense, if you are resolved to cast me as your enemy: I would welcome friendship, and an exchange of learning. But if by your insistance we are deadly foes, then a known foe is far less dangerous than one unknown."

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Palace of the Wyrm

The Countess looked at both the Enlightened and the Ensirex ambassador.

"You are asking too much. It must be a simple request, such as improving your productivity or protecting your people at sea from the Calamity. We won't purify the Tainted Coast. It was made that way to punish the people of the western continent for their lack of faith. Thus, the curse will remain.

We won't grant divinity to Ocogoiks. If he really wishes to ascend, he must pray to our Father, the Wyrm himself."