New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

A small, green-skinned humanoid appears in front of Cellis and Alrinach. He looks them over for a moment before nodding his head to both of them. He seems to sit down in mid-air, putting him at eye level of the other two. "I suppose it couldn't hurt to give peace a shot. My name's Pannan, and you're standing before one of the Ryceans. That's the name of our pantheon, in case you couldn't figure it out. This is our land. You leave it alone, and we'll leave you and yours alone. Fair enough?"

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, Pannan is a goblin. Right down to the pointy ears and sharp teeth. More like a WoW goblin then a D&D one.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-06 at 07:52 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

Alrinach inclined his head in greeting.

"Pannan, I am Alrinach. I cannot speak for my companion here, but I would be highly interested in meeting more of your collegues: after all, we no doubt share many of the same concerns and powers. A collaboration could be greatly beneficial."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan shakes his head as he chuckles. "You're lucky to be talking to me. Some of the others just wanted to kick you and yours out and be done with it. Especially after that little stunt your servant pulled when he was here. Really made Thoven mad with that one."

4. - Top - End - #1264

Alrinach

"My servant backed off, under protest. It has since, as you are no doubt aware, been destroyed. So Thoven is the Lord of Souls: over what portfolio do you rule?"

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan grins. "Well god of law, I'm a god of travel among other things. Why I'm willing to be the middle man here. I enjoy making acquaintances. And yeah, we know all about what happened over there. Pretty chaotic to say the least. Which is why we worry about you and yours. We have a nice thing going here and we don't need any outsiders screwing it up."

6. - Top - End - #1266

"Ah, travel! My portals, then, are not to far afield from your expertise as well! I'm curious as to why you may survey our lands and we mayn't survey yours. Is there something you're trying to hide?"

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan laughs as he shrugs. "No more so than any of you. We appreciate our privacy, so we took steps to insure we kept it. Which is why your mortals showing up could cause...problems. Guests are one thing, but immigrants...well, that's something else entirely."

8. - Top - End - #1268

Alrinach looked amused.

"I assure you, my people have little interest in immigrating here. The White City contains all they need. No, my purpose was to learn more about all of you, and see if trade or collaboration could be fruitful."

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan sighs. "While we might trust you, since you only sent a messenger, the rest of your brethern we're not so sure of. Two of them have already settled the Tainted Coast! Including that one! He points at Cellis accusingly.

"The fools! They're going to regret living there. That place is called the Tainted Coast for a reason: its tainted by the death of the most evil god we've ever met. We don't even speak of him anymore. His death is what cursed the land, land that used to belong to him and his minions. But I digress. Several of you have come across. The one you call Baldier even sent a huge warship! As for trade, I'm not sure there's anything you have that we don't. Collarboration might be possible, but it'd be on a case by case basis. What'd you have in mind?"

10. - Top - End - #1270

"It is your perogative to trust or not to trust: I can only offer what I have. My people are skilled bankers, administrators, and merchants, and should your people desire to trade with any on our continent for knowledge, magic, or similar unique good and procedures, they will no doubt be helpful to you."

He drew closer.

"My fellow Lord Seradinus has had a... distinctive reaction to the new-sprung Palace from the ocean, as well. Has your panthon been contacted by the beings therein?"

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Spire

Vol'Tak emerged from the ground near the Spire, at the center of the Myrmici Desert.

"IKASSI! IKASSI! WHAT'S ALL THIS NOISE? WHAT'S THIS ROCK DOING?"

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan looks at Alrinach curiously. "More newcomers to the world? When will he stop already? No, we've not made contact with any other 'beings' besides yourself and your friend there any time recently."

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    The fine Acadamy in Chrysalis, and the Acadamies in the White City, spreading education throughout the world, made sure that ignorance was slowly eaten away by wisdom. An ambassador from Tekia was in Auir... "Oh, I am Roguen..."He said. "I desire that I speak with the Protoss leaders... We have another interesting exchange."

14. - Top - End - #1274

Alrinach raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Then you mean to say you do not derive your power from the Wyrm?"

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

The am,bassador was quickly taken to the main royal chambers in which resided Adun, andZeratul... You will notice that he is now wearing his fathers crown.
    "Greetings freind tekian. What exchange is it that you wish to discuss?"

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The am,bassador was quickly taken to the main royal chambers in which resided Adun, andZeratul... You will notice that he is now wearing his fathers crown.
    "Greetings freind tekian. What exchange is it that you wish to discuss?"
    "Well.... it has been a long time since we have received shipments of important tech from eachother. We have improved spell jamming to enter other planes... and if we can create a ship, we can also travel into the void, but we are far behind the Protoss in this way."

"However, I've noticed that if we combine our different way of achieving things, we can be much more formidable than we are alone. So.... I desire that I give you the secrets of Spelljamming engines. If you should run out of fuel, or whatever you use for your magnificent ships, then we can gladly provide you with an alternative."

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan shakes his head. "No, the Wyrm brought us here too. We were just here first." He grins. "I guess that makes us your older siblings."

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Well.... it has been a long time since we have received shipments of important tech from eachother. We have improved spell jamming to enter other planes... and if we can create a ship, we can also travel into the void, but we are far behind the Protoss in this way."

"However, I've noticed that if we combine our different way of achieving things, we can be much more formidable than we are alone. So.... I desire that I give you the secrets of Spelljamming engines. If you should run out of fuel, or whatever you use for your magnificent ships, then we can gladly provide you with an alternative."
    "Hmm... I'am most dissapointed to hear that our shipments have not been reaching you as we recently sent a rather large one containing some new medical vaccines for polio, and smallpox. But, I will consent to introducing you, and your peoples into the higher tiers of our technology in exchange for an equal amount of mystic knowldge, and technology. We Protoss are a curious people, and we do so love to tinker, so don't be surprised if you find fusions of the technology soon after you ship it to us. Also if you have time I could show you something I think you would find most interesting."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Hmm... I'am most dissapointed to hear that our shipments have not been reaching you as we recently sent a rather large one containing some new medical vaccines for polio, and smallpox. But, I will consent to introducing you, and your peoples into the higher tiers of our technology in exchange for an equal amount of mystic knowldge, and technology. We Protoss are a curious people, and we do so love to tinker, so don't be surprised if you find fusions of the technology soon after you ship it to us. Also if you have time I could show you something I think you would find most interesting."
    "Ah.. You shall see that our tech should be most valuable."
    "Yes, I have time.... Show me this marvel." Roguen smiled.

20. - Top - End - #1280

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    The Spire

Vol'Tak emerged from the ground near the Spire, at the center of the Myrmici Desert.

"IKASSI! IKASSI! WHAT'S ALL THIS NOISE? WHAT'S THIS ROCK DOING?"
    The ground rumbled and shook. Ikassi emerged from the sands. This time, she took the form of a huge headless, faceless torso complete with arms. In the center of the torso was a single ruby eye.

Do you not know? I suspected as much. You are but a part of a whole and unable to appreciate the music of all the qualities of the earth.

This Rock is is the future. There is more to this existence than gods fulfilling their delusional fantasies. The mortals of this planet is where the future lies. They are, in a way more important than the gods. I will not be here for eternity, you know this, and when it is my time, I will not leave the elemental lords and their eternal hunger for souls be the only reason the mortals live.

She moved towards Vol'tak, her form swelling larger than that of the worm. she ran a finger down its back. she spoke more softly this time.

I am sure you are smarter than you let on. Sooner or later you will discover more. As for the noise, I am sorry for the annoyance. You may be able to quiet the sound near you if you were to soften the stone around the starmetal branches near you, the vibrations would not rock against the stone so violently.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah.. You shall see that our tech should be most valuable."
    "Yes, I have time.... Show me this marvel." Roguen smiled.
    Adun stood from his throne his ornate armor scraping aginst the stone for the breifest instant as he stood from the throne anyone with decent awareness will notice that he hit a buttoun underneath the throne chairs arm rest, and as he stood the entire room began to sink into the floor, and when it stopped moving it revealed a GIANT airship with massive propellers, and multiple gun, and the occasional missile turrett albiet all required a man to operate it the ship was still HUGE, and the hull itself glittered with a odd black gem like sheen.
    "May I introduce you to the A.S. Leviathan then most massive Protoss bomber/Troop carrier in existance. this was created as a fail safe in case of the Ensirex winning their fight, and not being very... PLEASED about it. We had only feared, and rightfully so that he would come after us next, and thus we prepared."

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Adun stood from his throne his ornate armor scraping aginst the stone for the breifest instant as he stood from the throne anyone with decent awareness will notice that he hit a buttoun underneath the throne chairs arm rest, and as he stood the entire room began to sink into the floor, and when it stopped moving it revealed a GIANT airship with massive propellers, and multiple gun, and the occasional missile turrett albiet all required a man to operate it the ship was still HUGE, and the hull itself glittered with a odd black gem like sheen.
    "May I introduce you to the A.S. Leviathan then most massive Protoss bomber/Troop carrier in existance. this was created as a fail safe in case of the Ensirex winning their fight, and not being very... PLEASED about it. We had only feared, and rightfully so that he would come after us next, and thus we prepared."
    "Wow.... What could we possibly grant to you for this?"

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wow.... What could we possibly grant to you for this?"
    Adun smiled, and pulled out a small crystal that glittered with the strength of the Kalla.
    "Nothing.. it is a gift of our good will."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-06 at 09:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Adun smiled, and pulled out a small crystal that glittered with the strength of the Kalla.
    "Nothing.. it is a gift of our good will."
    "Wonderful!" He exclaimed! "Well we must ensure the other races do not learn of this. Last time we armed the island with rifles the mainlanders thought we were going to attack them, and they were our allies."

Saradinus
    The careful manipulations of Saradinus brought a shipment of rifles to arm the people. The deal was supposedly a promise never to pull out of the alliance, and the entire population of Cyrus'es nation would be armed to the teeth.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    The ground rumbled and shook. Ikassi emerged from the sands. This time, she took the form of a huge headless, faceless torso complete with arms. In the center of the torso was a single ruby eye.

Do you not know? I suspected as much. You are but a part of a whole and unable to appreciate the music of all the qualities of the earth.

This Rock is is the future. There is more to this existence than gods fulfilling their delusional fantasies. The mortals of this planet is where the future lies. They are, in a way more important than the gods. I will not be here for eternity, you know this, and when it is my time, I will not leave the elemental lords and their eternal hunger for souls be the only reason the mortals live.

She moved towards Vol'tak, her form swelling larger than that of the worm. she ran a finger down its back. she spoke more softly this time.

I am sure you are smarter than you let on. Sooner or later you will discover more. As for the noise, I am sorry for the annoyance. You may be able to quiet the sound near you if you were to soften the stone around the starmetal branches near you, the vibrations would not rock against the stone so violently.
    Well said.

Ikassi noticed a hunchbacked creature covered in mushrooms walking towards her.

I didn't think I would live to see this day. At last, someone has heard the cries of the planet. Even if the Elemental Lords are more understanding then your kind, they don't know how to live in harmony with the Earth.

My name is not important. You just have to know that I am the last of the Primal Spirits, the firstborn of this world.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Pannan shakes his head. "No, the Wyrm brought us here too. We were just here first." He grins. "I guess that makes us your older siblings."
    Alrinach laughed lightly.

"Ah, indeed. You know, if those undead roaming the tainted Coast are causing problems, it would be the simplest thing in the world to teleport in some of these Soul Larvae that reside on our continent: they're most effective at destroying animated corpses."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wonderful!" He exclaimed! "Well we must ensure the other races do not learn of this. Last time we armed the island with rifles the mainlanders thought we were going to attack them, and they were our allies."

Saradinus
    The careful manipulations of Saradinus brought a shipment of rifles to arm the people. The deal was supposedly a promise never to pull out of the alliance, and the entire population of Cyrus'es nation would be armed to the teeth.
    Adun chuckled lightly despite having no mouth with which to do so.
    "You have no need to wrry freind. the city of Auir is warded agasinst even the Elemental gods, and now that we are on a seperate plnae none of the old world even know that Auir was ever even there. well except for the FEW trade caravans that leave the location of our secret entrances, but they are few enough that the chances of anyone infiltrating the palace without the blessing of OUR god is next to none."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach laughed lightly.

"Ah, indeed. You know, if those undead roaming the tainted Coast are causing problems, it would be the simplest thing in the world to teleport in some of these Soul Larvae that reside on our continent: they're most effective at destroying animated corpses."
    An image of a Perfectly symmetrical and perfectly proportioned platinum head, that lacked any features save the shape of a humanoid head appeared, it was about the size of an average creature, the voice of Ocogoiks spoke, with no little annoyance. I do not like to make a habit of interrupting others conversations, but if you keep up this scheming againstm y fathers people I might just have to. Those creatures are as a plague to the Ensirex and their respected dead, you know full-well what bringing those creatures to the tainted coast would do to the Ensirex. the head turned to the Pannan If you wish the Rogue Undead of the Tainted Coast delt with, the Ensirex are more than happy and capable to do so, and have no fear, the Ensirex have no desire to attempt colonization of your lands, but even exploration is denied them, they cannot proceed beyond the Tainted Coast. You need not fear their encroachment.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus calls a summit for all gods of both of the Old World and even the Ryceak... The message came with a Minor Act which screamed "DIRE NEWS" to them all."
    "This is an OUTRAGE!" Saradinus roared in a John Rhys Davis sounding voice....

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan stands up and sneers. "Nor shall you and your kind ever enter our lands. We have watched your kind grow in the Tainted Lands like a cancer. I will warn you just this once: Leave now, or you may find that Alrinach here is not the only one to wish the undead ill-will. We killed the last evil being that controlled those lands. We aren't afraid to do so again."