New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Hungry as always, Ossua? Worry not, for your hunger will be satisfied...I guarantee it.

There was something strange about the way she said this last part.

I do not expect the plant lord to appear, but K'salaii owes me. If he does not come, however...that is no matter.
    A bright star came down from the Heavens. In truth, it was K'Salaii in all his glory. The Firebird circled the Spire two or three times and landed close to Vol'Tak.

"You had my word on the matter."

Then a gargantuan cactus sprouted in the middle of the desert. The cactus was on the side of the Spire opposite to the Void Lord.

"I have also came, if only to see you fail."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus closed his eyes for a moment. A bright green light seeped out around the edges of the armor covering his limbs. Able to move again, Cyrus glared at Abadalon. Cyrus grinned as he cast a rune that would bring any liquids in the immediate area of Abadalon to an instant boil. "I've had a really bad week so far. You picked the wrong god to try and assassinate."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Cyrus closed his eyes for a moment. A bright green light seeped out around the edges of the armor covering his limbs. Able to move again, Cyrus glared at Abadalon. Cyrus grinned as he cast a rune that would bring any liquids in the immediate area of Abadalon to an instant boil. "I've had a really bad week so far. You picked the wrong god to try and assassinate."
    Abadalon frowned. While his wards protected him from the rune, his blood elemental servants agonized. The aura of power was bigger and bigger.

"You are tenacious, I'll give you that. But so am I. May the most advanced organism win."

Blood red spheres of demonic energy appeared floating above the fiend's head. With a sweep of his arm, he shot the spheres at Cyrus.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 02:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier gazed upon the funeral pyre of his greatest champion. The man for whom he had forged armor for, and had placed speical rites of protection around to ensure his survival. Things in the other world has gotten to dangerous with the Wyrm.... he needed to pool his, and his allies forces to ensure that his next champion did not fall. Thus he took the son of Adun a Half breed a mixture of the dark templar, and the High Protoss, and came to him in avatar form bearing the sword, and armor of his father.
    I have seen your father do many great things, and have even fought beside him in battle, and feasted beside him. I do believe he would want you to avenge him, and restore his families honor."
    The young boy looked up at the average looking Dark Templar that stood before him bearing his families most sacred relics.
    "I cant... I was never as strong as my father, nor as blessed by the Great Baldier master of the Khalla as he either."
    Baldiers shadowy form grew to bear a smile.
    "You are every bit the man you father was young one. I can see it that in your eyes burns the same fiery hatred for his enemies, and the kindness he bore those he loved. You my freind have every right, and every reason to go with me to seek out your fathers killer, and I shall grant you the power to do so."
    With that he took the armor of the Khalla, and the Birght steel blade his hands alight with energy of the most powerful he could muster as he touched the Fine young Protoss before him imbuing him with the power that he had given Adun.(major act)
    "Before we go though we will need to take you to go see the great smith. Where you father erred by going in unprepared you shall not."
    With that Baldier vanished, but beofre he did he called out to the being of the void that had visited his city before, and gifted them with the infinte energy device which he had dived so that his entire city could benefit from it.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus threw up a shield of force between himself and the spheres. In turn, he cast a quick series of runes designed to trap Abadalon in a sphere which would cut him off from the world, and hopefully whatever energy was empowering him.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

((Oh, SNAP!))

Baldier, and his new hero diety equiped with the artifact that Adun had wielded.
    ""Cyrus! Who is this fiend attacking you!"
    As he said this he put a protective bubble of shadow that would hide him from the fiend, and drew his own blade of shadow beofre vanishing enitrely to even a gods eyes..

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Ocogoiks, and a large number of Silver Princes appeared in a ring around the Soul Eater, they all began chanting, their words flowing together like the quicksilver of their form, the eyes on their chests twitched madly, and a glowing silvery aura suffused them, this aura then transported to Ocogoiks, and the eye on his chest opened fully and the metal within ceased swirling, turning completely to platinum, He lifted his hand and a silver-white ray shot out of his hand As we were once changed, so too will you be, you claim to be a devourer of souls... well, so are WE! the ray began to turn Abadalon into silver and platinum which melted and swirled into Ocogoiks and the Silver Nobles aiding him, slowly devouring the creature, turning into the stuff of pure souls and energy and using it to empower them, quickening the effect with every second as they grew in power.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-08 at 02:36 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

Those beings attuned to souls (the Soul Eater, certainly, and the Silver Princes) felt a thrumming power in the air as the might of Alrinach took control of his prime domain, twisting whatever soul energy Abdolon fed off of and depriving the creature of its power, tearing at the moorings that held its soul to its flesh. Even if the god didn't speak or appear in person, soul was his element: he defied any to match his power and his fury.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-08 at 03:37 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    A bright star came down from the Heavens. In truth, it was K'Salaii in all his glory. The Firebird circled the Spire two or three times and landed close to Vol'Tak.

"You had my word on the matter."

Then a gargantuan cactus sprouted in the middle of the desert. The cactus was on the side of the Spire opposite to the Void Lord.

"I have also came, if only to see you fail."
    Hetrimont poured more tea, but looked confused as to how to actually serve it to the Elemental Lords. In the end, it dumped a cup's worth onto the cactus, tossed cup, saucer, and all into the toothy maws of Ossua and Vol'Tak, and was utterly unable to give K'Salaii any, beacuse it evaporated as soon as it got close to the burning body. Still, the clockwork chamberlain looked pleased with itself and ineffectually sipped its own cup, dribbling tea down through the bottom of its hollow metal jaw and onto the sand below.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-08 at 03:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

When Baldier tried to contact the visitor from the Void, he received a telepathic message:

"Hello. You have successfully reached the Voice Mail of Leiff, Lord of the Void. I am currently unable to take your call. Please leave a message in the mouth of a Astral Dreadnought near you and I will call back as soon as possible. Thank you!"

----------------

A few of Abadalon's spheres, empowered by blood magic, bypassed the magical protection and hit Cyrus in the back.

Then, Baldier, the hero-deity of the Protoss, the Silver Princes and Ocogoiks arrived. The fiend was already weakened and thus was vulnerable to their attacks. When he heard Ocogoiks talk about the Changed, though, his face lit up. Just as Alrinach intervened, the body of Abadalon cracked some more and broke into several pieces.

The Changed had been able to feed off some of his soul, but they didn't consume it entirely. Alrinach didn't get hold of the fiendish soul either. It was like it just vanished.

11. - Top - End - #1451

The magical field that indicated Alrinach's attention slowly faded from the air.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The body of the Primal Spirit formed next to Vol'Tak.

"The Elemental Lords will collaborate with you, because if you succeed, they believe you will help keep the gods in check. You see, at the dawn of time, the Lords and the Primal Spirits coexisted. They do not fear the Voice of the Planet.

I wish you good luck. I will even give you my remaining life force, in hope that more spirits will arise once you have done your ritual. In my present state, I am worth nothing to the planet. Farewell, Earth Mother."

The hunchbacked creature dissolved into the earth and Ikassi felt a boost of power.

I give you the blessing of the FIERY HEART!

I give you the blessing of the cold waters, youngling.

BLESSING OF THE UNDERWORLD I GIVE.

I shall give thee the blessing of the woodlands.

Am I supposed to say something? Ah, yes!

I give you the blessing of the heavens.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 05:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier nodded, and went over to Cyrus, and helped him tend his wounds with some minor battle field medical attention.
    "I'm sorry that you were attacked freind, and that I mostr ask something so straining of you so soon, but it is imperiative that it be completed ASAP. I need you to empower the two remaining combat artifacts that I possess for my hero to wield.... Adun died nobly, but in the process he destroyed the Twin crystals."

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus quickly cast a rune of healing on himself. Still looking somewhat the worse for wear, he glances over at this 'hero', then back at Baldier. "What exactly do you want me to do, brother?"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

"i need you to assit me in empowering these artifacts... after the incident with the Duke, and the late Duchess I dont want ANYTHING unprecedented like that hapening ever again.... The sheer amoutn of death makes even I cringe."

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus sighs as he turns to fully face Baldier. "There are many ways to empower something Baldier. Do you want me to make them so they strike true, or cut more deeply, or protect their wielder? And if so, protect them from what? I can do a little of each, or a lot of a few. So again, what exactly do you want me to do?"

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Though they had only stolen a bit of the odd creatures power, it had empowered them. The Silver Nobles there had all begun to solidify, their forms becoming more solid and powerful, and Ocogoiks himself shone brilliantly, his eye had once more returned to its mixed shape, but it too was beginning to harden. He spoke I am glad you are safe Cyrus, I would be saddened if anything were to happen to you. With that he disappeared. He sent a number of his Nobles to sniff around for the odd creature, and he too would go looking for the soul-eater, but for now he returned his search for the Duke.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Cyrus sighs as he turns to fully face Baldier. "There are many ways to empower something Baldier. Do you want me to make them so they strike true, or cut more deeply, or protect their wielder? And if so, protect them from what? I can do a little of each, or a lot of a few. So again, what exactly do you want me to do?"
    "Cutting true is already in the sword, and the armors purpose. The sword itself slices through even epic magic like a knife through warm butter, and the armor is also warded against spells, and physical harm, what I NEED is a way to protect them from the dark magicks of the wrym, and his followers. we do not after all want another anti matter incident. *shudder*

19. - Top - End - #1459

Erothayce

Erothayce continued his search for the Duke. And after seeing the creature attacking Cyrus he attempted to use his power over souls to search for the twisted creatures soul among the multidudes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Omnik, can you tell me if i find anything? Be it the the Duke or Abadalon
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #1460

The body of the Primal Spirit formed next to Vol'Tak.

"The Elemental Lords will collaborate with you, because if you succeed, they believe you will help keep the gods in check. You see, at the dawn of time, the Lords and the Primal Spirits coexisted. They do not fear the Voice of the Planet.

I wish you good luck. I will even give you my remaining life force, in hope that more spirits will arise once you have done your ritual. In my present state, I am worth nothing to the planet. Farewell, Earth Mother."

The hunchbacked creature dissolved into the earth and Ikassi felt a boost of power.

I give you the blessing of the FIERY HEART!

I give you the blessing of the cold waters, youngling.

BLESSING OF THE UNDERWORLD I GIVE.

I shall give thee the blessing of the woodlands.

Am I supposed to say something? Ah, yes!

I give you the blessing of the heavens.
    I am glad you have all decided to come. I assume you are eagfer to see what happens, so I shall begin.

Ikassi finally moved, lifting up the dagger of light and the orb of inhibition.

No, no long incantations or rituals. Simply a thrust and that's it.

She deftly took the dagger and thrust it though her chest and into the spire. As she held it there, the white light flowed from the dagger and into the spire.
    When the spire filled with light, several bolts of what looked like pure white lightning arced through the elemental lords (wherever they may be). Each felt as if they had consumed thousands of souls at once as Ikassi's Essence flowed through them briefly. The lightning then went straight into the ground.

Ikassi sat still a moment, and crumbled into dust. The spire too, started to crumble.

Then there was dead silence, the ruins of the Spire, no longer humming as it used to.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ikassi found herself in an empty place. Nothing but darkness. Had she failed? She didn't feel like the Voice of the Planet.

That is when she saw Her. The only other being inhabiting this space.

She saw a reflection of herself.

Well, that didn't work as intended.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A portal opened in the sanctum of the god Saradinus. It led to the Void, and Saradinus caught a glimpse of the Light: it shone brighter than ever.

The shining light of the celestial bodies coalesced into the figure of a beautiful maiden, dressed in a flowing robe of light. In one hand she held a shining star, and in the other, a skull. A faint aura of evil emanated from the skull. She spoke directly into Saradinus' mind with a soft, unspeakably old voice.

"God of Magic and Light, know me. I am The Balance, and it is my task to watch Fate, and all of its cruel misfortunes...and weep. I safeguard the universe from domination by the Forces of Light or the Armies of Darkness. I will lend you my power and my council."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 08:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A portal opened in the sanctum of the god Saradinus. It led to the Void, and Saradinus caught a glimpse of the Light: it shone brighter than ever.

The shining light of the celestial bodies coalesced into the figure of a beautiful maiden, dressed in a flowing robe of light. In one hand she held a shining star, and in the other, a skull. A faint aura of evil emanated from the skull. She spoke directly into Saradinus' mind with a soft, unspeakably old voice.

"God of Magic and Light, know me. I am The Balance, and it is my task to watch Fate, and all of its cruel misfortunes...and weep. I safeguard the universe from domination by the Forces of Light or the Armies of Darkness. I will lend you my power and my council."
    "I am gracious, or powerful one." Saradinus says. "How may I gain in strength without bowing to the Wyrm? He can deny me my power in a moment's notice, that I have cultivated for millenia."

24. - Top - End - #1464

Ikassi found herself in an empty place. Nothing but darkness. Had she failed? She didn't feel like the Voice of the Planet.

That is when she saw Her. The only other being inhabiting this space.

She saw a reflection of herself.

Well, that didn't work as intended.
    Ikassi

On the contrary...There are always complications and unknown factors that can never be perceived.

Either you are me or I am not myself, or we are both each other or neither. Quite a quandary we have here, hmmm?

She waggled her hand in front of her face. She seemed to be there, wherever there was.

Of course, I could simply be mad.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi

On the contrary...There are always complications and unknown factors that can never be perceived.

Either you are me or I am not myself, or we are both each other or neither. Quite a quandary we have here, hmmm?

She waggled her hand in front of her face. She seemed to be there, wherever there was.

Of course, I could simply be mad.

Indeed. This is quite complex. Am I you? Are you me? If you don't have the answer, I fear I don't have it either. I don't think YOU are going mad. But maybe I am?

Anyway...what could have brought us here? Did you...did we think this through before acting? What if the planet is in worst shape?

26. - Top - End - #1466

Erothayce

While searching details on the Duke's whereabouts, Erothayce finds out that he has gone to a place named Hell. Erothayce never heard of it before. There seems to be no details about Hell itself.

He also found a soul similar to Abadalon's. It seems to travel with Ocogoiks' soul.

After finding this information Erothayce Sends a message to all the gods,"I have the location of the Duke and of Abadalon." He proceeds to tell them where they are located.
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-10-08 at 09:38 PM.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #1467

Indeed. This is quite complex. Am I you? Are you me? If you don't have the answer, I fear I don't have it either. I don't think YOU are going mad. But maybe I am?

Anyway...what could have brought us here? Did you...did we think this through before acting? What if the planet is in worst shape?
    Either way, we have a job to do. We made a promise that we cannot break.

The orb of inhibition was the only artifact that was not destroyed from the transformation. The spire was still there, but only its "veins" remained within the earth.

She sat down and began to cast her senses around. She was far more in tune with the physical world than the other gods. Perhaps she could find something...

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "I am gracious, or powerful one." Saradinus says. "How may I gain in strength without bowing to the Wyrm? He can deny me my power in a moment's notice, that I have cultivated for millenia."
    The maiden smiled softly.

"I grief. The Light and the Dark wage war constantly. Yet, neither can exist without the other; Evil and Good must exist together for the universe to be healthy. Even if I want to intervene, I am tasked with bolstering the side that is losing to keep each element going. That is why I came to you. At this time, Evil is dominant. You are right in thinking that the Wyrm is concerned. However, the Wyrm is a cosmic force. He can't be destroyed. He plays his essential role in the turning of the multiverse. He isn't the real threat to your power. The ones holding you back are the Ryceans, the gods from Ryceak.

You see, the Old World was harmonious before the pantheon of Ryceak was discovered. The Tainted Coast wasn't the result of an evil god dying, but an experiment by the pantheon of their dark powers. They plan to turn the Old World gods on one another, and on the blameless Wyrm. The so called Children of the Wyrm were two decievers of the Pantheon. Their power is great; indeed, a unifed pantheon can be far more powerful than separate divines. The way to restore balance, and tip the scales back towards Good, is to focus on those gods, not the Wyrm. "

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The maiden smiled softly.

"I grief. The Light and the Dark wage war constantly. Yet, neither can exist without the other; Evil and Good must exist together for the universe to be healthy. Even if I want to intervene, I am tasked with bolstering the side that is losing to keep each element going. That is why I came to you. At this time, Evil is dominant. You are right in thinking that the Wyrm is concerned. However, the Wyrm is a cosmic force. He can't be destroyed. He plays his essential role in the turning of the multiverse. He isn't the real threat to your power. The ones holding you back are the Ryceans, the gods from Ryceak.

You see, the Old World was harmonious before the pantheon of Ryceak was discovered. The Tainted Coast wasn't the result of an evil god dying, but an experiment by the pantheon of their dark powers. They plan to turn the Old World gods on one another, and on the blameless Wyrm. The so called Children of the Wyrm were two decievers of the Pantheon. Their power is great; indeed, a unifed pantheon can be far more powerful than separate divines. The way to restore balance, and tip the scales back towards Good, is to focus on those gods, not the Wyrm. "
    "Good and Evil may need to coexist perhaps." Saradinus said. "But nothing is ever truly destroyed. It merely changes form. How may I grind the forces of evil into that which I may make into something tolerable?" He grins. "You need not grieve... If we could but take away the power of Evil, it may still live with us, even if as only inferiors."

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post
    Erothayce

While searching details on the Duke's whereabouts, Erothayce finds out that he has gone to a place named Hell. Erothayce never heard of it before. There seems to be no details about Hell itself.

He also found a soul similar to Abadalon's. It seems to travel with Ocogoiks' soul.

After finding this information Erothayce Sends a message to all the gods,"I have the location of the Duke and of Abadalon." He proceeds to tell them where they are located.
    ((Everyone note that while you know that the Duke is in "Hell", none of you knows what Hell is or how to get there.))