New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Cyrus

Intrigued by this band of creatures, Cyrus assumed the shape of an ogre and went down to meet them. Walking towards them, he stops just within sight and waits. Once they are close enough to speak to, he calls out. "Greetings! You are new to these lands are you not? I've not met your kind before."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Dvergar studied the stranger and then looked at each other. One of them took a few steps towards the god in disguise. Cyrus noticed that his mouth was sewn shut and that one of his eyes had been replaced by a diamond. A hole in his throat suddenly opened up. The dvergar spoke with a deep, somewhat disturbing voice:

"We are new here. We have no name. We are part of the Experiment. We live to serve the divine Engineer. But we are also interested in other species. What are you and whom do you serve?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-16 at 09:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looked at the Dvergar in fascination. He thought he knew about crafting in all its forms, but this...this was wonderful and horrible at the same time. He raised his eyebrow at the Dvergar's words before answering himself. "I am an ogre, and I serve Cyrus the Smith, the god of our people. You say you serve the divine Engineer? I've not heard of him before. From what lands do you come from?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Another deep dwarf approached Cyrus. At first glance, it looked like he wore a hood over his head. In fact, the "hood" was an amorphous, leathery creature vaguely resembling a manta ray, with a long, slimy tail extending around his neck and even into his flesh.

"Our birthplace, the Valley of Genesis, is hidden from your kind. Our god Abaraxys made sure that no impure creature would enter his domain. We left the valley in order to make peace with our neighbours and establish trade relations. We also came here to offer you and your people the opportunity to join us and take part in the Experiment. Obviously, anyone willing to enter the valley must go through a cleansing ritual beforehand."

A third Dvergar showed Cyrus the symbol emblazoned on his shield: a severed hand gripping a mithral chain that drips blood.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-16 at 10:43 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus studies the symbol for a moment before turning to the second Dvergar. "Join your experiment? And just what sort of experiment would that be? I tell you, I will not leave Cyrus' worship: he provides well for us."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Dvergar with the symbiote added:

"No mortal can understand the Grand Plan of our master and god. All we know is that we are the Experiment. We believe that the only purpose of life is to provide new data to the Engineer. To help him achieve his goal, we must evolve, transforming our bodies to become stronger, better.

Perhaps you will come to understand the importance of our mission. In the meantime, we would like to meet your people and discuss trade agreements. I'm sure we have a lot to learn from the ogres. We will pay homage to your god as appropriate."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

From his throne, Alrinach noted with vague interest one of his companions interacting with strange, new creatures, and it gave him an idea.

Reaching down to his white city of Alomarra, he nudged along their understanding of currency, mercantile skills, and trade, as well as banking and bartering. Then he again amplified his voice across the plane and spoke to All the Gods.

"I cordially invite representatives of your people to Alomarra, so that we may discuss a free exchange of culture and knowledge, and forestall any hostilities that may occur through mutual understanding. You have my promise as a Lord of Law that your people will be treated with only the greatest welcome and hospitality by my children, and that they will use their services to facilitate a healthy trade of merchandise and knowledge."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-16 at 11:14 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Severus

As the Drow population began to grow scouting parties were sent out to the connecting tunnels trying to discern which would be the easiest to clear. Other parties were sent to the surface, riding lizards they quickly map out the area surrounding the tunnels leading to the surface mountains under the cover of night before retreating back to their lairs.

Dark Elves were never meant to do manual labor, the worst jobs were always left to servitor races. It was now time for his people to be gifted with a race of servants. They would have to be small so they could work their way into the tightest of spots to perform their tasks. Possessing average strength they would be able to work hard but would not become a threat to the Drow should they foolishly choose to revolt. They would need to be crafty and skillfull to dig through the tunnels and take part in building operations. And, finally they would need to reproduce rapidly as many would no doubt die in battle, accidently die or be killed by their masters.

Formed was a small reptillian humanoid, cowardly and sadistic, they possessed an equal amount of fear for their Dark Elvish masters as they did for their Dark Father Severus. Kobolds, as they would become known would serve as slaves for their miserable, often short existance. While the lion's share of the creatures went to the Dark Elves, Severus sprinkled tribes of them throughout the surface to serve as an ever present nuisance against the surface dwellers.

Spoiler
    Show

one major creation act to create Kobolds
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

9. - Top - End - #129

Ikassi

It was not long before the first Myrmici caravans came to Polaris's realm. With them, they brought agricultural techniques so that hidden water veins could be utilized for farming. They brought goods to trade and some of the desert folk continued to live in the grand cities.

Those who stayed, due to their strength and endurance, were especially adept laborers, though some became craftsmen or even musicians.

Ikassi saw this and was pleased. It was now time for her people to progress to the next stage of being. She imbued herself with the power of absolute balance and harmony of the body, mind and spirit and gave her people the chance to achieve this harmony with the physical. Only those who abandoned the supernatural or magic would be able to achieve this balance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Second major act of creation. New Domain: Self.

She heard the call of Alrinach, and appeared in the dreams of one of her devout. An emissary would be sent forth to the white city.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the summons, Cellis turns to Lupin, excuse me and appears to the Enlightened, Send a ensi-body to the marble city, trade and diplomacy are being discussed.

turning back to Lupin now where were we?

An enlightened ensi, riding on a giant ant, arrived at the marble city. You said you wish to discuss trade, we are interested, so we came.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

11. - Top - End - #131

Severus

Severus did not trust the so-called good intentions of Alrinach but the lure of knowledge and new magical abilities were too great for Severus, he would most likely be able to find weaknesses he could exploit. Sending his Avatar to his city a small group of scholars is quickly put together and accompany the avatar of Severus to Alomarra so they could learn all they could about the surface dwellers and their magics.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus listened to the Dvergar politely, then shrugged. "If its trade you seek, I am not the one you should be talking to. But I do not know that any of my people will join your Experiment, but good day to you nonetheless." With that, Cyrus walks away. Once out of sight, he assumes his regular form and goes to check on his ogres.

The ogres were becoming master craftsmen in several areas. Some of them had begun journeying afar and settling down in the lands of other people. Hearing Alrinach's summons, he smiles. Already a group of ogres was heading towards the White City to ply their wares and perhaps start a small community there. With everyone else there, the whole world would come to know the skill of the ogres, and thus come to know of Cyrus.

But still his people lacked something. Materials could be hard to come by for a such a large species as the ogres, especially mining. And so Cyrus took some stone and formed it into a short, powerful humanoid. Resembling the Dvergar without all of the 'modifications', they would come to be called dwarves. Setting them on a mountain near the ogres' capital city of Kovalis, they quickly set about digging into the mountain to form their own home. Cyrus sent an avatar in the form of an old dwarf to them to teach them what they would need to know. He also sent a dream to the chief of the ogres, telling him of the arrival of the dwarves and how they were to work together as equals. An emissary was quickly dispatched to the dwarves.

Pleased with his work, Cyrus decided to go and visit the White City and its creator for himself.

Spoiler
    Show

One major act to create dwarves
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-16 at 11:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abaraxys

The Engineer sat in his domain, on a throne made of thorns. He listened calmly to Alrinach. He pondered the proposal and finally decided to send a mixed delegation to the White City, composed of genetically modified dvergar, giants and humans.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

After the contract is done, Saradinus begins to seed the rocky border lands of the Island. The "natural" fortresses along the island were being populated by the people of the island by now. So, the Avatar was being sent to instruct the people the ways of warrior magicians(Minor Act).

At the same time Saradinus appeared in visions to the most gifted of the magicians of Teke, and directed the people to begin the new school of Conjurors. An academy was set up for curious magicians to learn. At the same time a curious development appeared. The living tree folk had begun to congregate in their own tribal forests.

15. - Top - End - #135

Alrinach

As each of the delegations arrived in the white city, they were shown to well appointed apartments and offices that they woud have use of for as long as they cared to remain. Once everyone had arrived, all the emessaries (or, in some cases, Gods) were led to a vaulted marble hall that was dominated by a large round table, crafted by Alrinach for this express purpose. Already seated was a golden Kolyarut, similar in form to Veritia and Aequitum but taller and more elaboraly constructed, with fine filigree embellishments covering its body and delicate hands. It was garbed, in striking contrast to the sea of white around it, in a shimmering gold robe.

As the visitors arrived, it stood up and gestured for each to take a seat.

"Greetings, honored guests. I am Nemorensis, first in service to the Lord Alrinach. He welcomes all of you to Alomarra hopes that your accomidations are acceptable and to your liking. Servants here will bring you any refreshment you desire as we discuss our business."

"Namely, the forging of trade routes across this Continent. Each of you has a unique proclivity for a craft: mining, magic, crafting, the like. It is logical that an orderly exchange of these skills can only strengthen the bonds between our nations, and enchance the skills of our peoples further."

"As you doubtless recognized on your travels here, Alomarra is geographically convenient to most of this plane, and as such my Lord is pleased to offer the White City as a neutral space, one where trade may take place and business may be conducted without impediment. The people of this city are skilled lawers, clerks, and bankers, and may be retained to order and manage should you so choose."

"Naturally, as well, the Lord Alrinach would be pleased to accept the residence of your people in Alomarra, should any choose to remain or pilgrimage here to teach, learn, or trade."

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if you didn't say that your delegation was on its way before I posted this, feel free to speak up. I left the number and race of delegates deliberately open.

So, what does your civilization have to contribute?

Also, if anyone feels the need, Alrinach will meet personally with you upon request.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-16 at 12:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Alrinach
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even if you didn't say that your delegation was on its way before I posted this, feel free to speak up. I left the number and race of delegates deliberately open.

So, what does your civilization have to contribute?

Also, if anyone feels the need, Alrinach will meet personally with you upon request.
    Saradinus appeared before Alrinach through a mystic image. I would like to speak with you regarding this new contact between nations. It is most important, and I have something to say about it. ::Meanwhile, the supernalist wizards had begun to communicate with the rest of the delegation through crystals. Only a few delegates actually dared traverse the ocean with the help of oceanomancy.::

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A giant wrapped in a dark colored cloak stood up. Bony spikes emerged from his flesh.

"I have no name. I am simply referred as the Ambassador. I come from the distant Valley of Genesis, where our god Abaraxys reigns supreme. We come here to offer minerals, tools, medicines and, most importantly, the knowledge of grafting. In exchange, we would like to learn more about your people's magical traditions."

18. - Top - End - #138

Alrinach

High above the delegation in his throne room, Alrinach recieved the vision of Saradinus gracefully.
    "I would be delighted to speak with you. Would you prefer that I protect us from observation?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If that's a yes, just reply in PM. Be sure to send it to Omnik as well.

After the conversation, Alrinach streched out his vision and looked into the distance, at a group of wyverns that we now his. Inducing them to flight, he studied their motions, and the elegant undulations of their wings.

He commanded them to fly to Alomarra. They would fly through the night, and as they approached the White City subtle changes would be wrought upon their bodies: they would grow heavier and stronger, their scales would turn a smooth and mirrorlike silver, and their wings would reshape slightly, becoming larger and granting them greater manuverability and speed.

Alrinach watched, and was pleased.

In the conference chamber, Nemorensis nodded in appreciation of The Ambassidor's words, then cocked its head to the side in a surprisingly humanlike gesture, as if listening to a voice that the others could not hear.

"My Lord is pleased to additionally offer the services of flight to your merchants, for more able transportation of goods."

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Acts, to adapt Saradinus' dragons to my desires.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-16 at 12:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Very good." Said the ambassador of Teke. "I have spell reagents even Oceanomancers would fine interesting. We can supply spell reagents for a hefty sum."
    Another ambassador spoke. "Also, Teke is interested in spreading the cause of Good throughout the world. We would appreciate this White City as a place to start our message."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The ogre ambassador stands up next. Looking at Nemorensis in apparently admiration, he speaks the assembly at large. "The ogres are the finest craftsmen in the world. We glady offer our services to any that are willing to pay for them. And our Rune magic is without compare. That too, we can offer others to strengthen and enhance. He glances sideways at the giant as he says this. "Perhaps we could find a way to make your vessels more durable on the troubled oceans..."

21. - Top - End - #141

Severus

The avatar of Severus speaks before those assembled "The Dark Elven people will be able to offer crafted goods to the surface dwellers in exchange for surface magic. Unfortunately, most of the magic of my people does not function properly while on the surface." It was a lie, Dark Elven magic worked just as well above or below the ground, but, having the rest of the world believe it did not function served the Drow's purposes.

22. - Top - End - #142

Erothayce

One time shifter had come to the trade talks for the others had other things to do. "My lord Erothayce is interested in these talks of trade and peace but as my people have no set homeland and we are wanderers and travelers it seems as though we don't have much to offer. What we do have to offer is knowledge. All the vast knowledge our god has granted us and what we have learned and experienced for ourselves. We would be willing to trade that knowledge for other things. And we would be willing to trade anything that we have with us while we travel. Is this agreeable?"
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

At the negotiating table, the Enlightened bowed it's head. WE have large amounts of mineral wealth and foodstuffs to trade.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

A group of Gargax's people arrived in the city. Their group consisted of a small number of the changed Ensi, known to themselves as the Ensirex. They came with the Ethereal at the head, and with a number of undead in their ranks, with swirling souls dancing over head. The Ensirex chattered to each other, their tongue was a combination of odd clicks and chitters, along with long sonorous tones and low profane screeches and shrieks. The dead that spoke did so in kind, while the souls and the simple dead merely moaned. The Ethereal floated ahead of the group and spoke, his voice heard in the minds of the representatives present. I am the Ethereal, we come to represent Lord Gargax and his people.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-16 at 03:02 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

25. - Top - End - #145

The Myrmici emmisary spoke

We have much to offer in the ways of agriculture and glasswork. However, many of our other treasures are not things that can be bartered but are to be given freely to those who will be able to appreciate them.

26. - Top - End - #146

Erothayce

The time shifter emissary turned to the Myrmici emissary and said, "On that account my people would like to thank you for the gifts you have freely given us. If your people ever are in trouble we shall stand by you."

erothayce.tumblr.com

27. - Top - End - #147

Alrinach

Nemorensis whirred as it processed the goods available, and responded to those it had an immediate interest in.

To Erothayce's delegation:
    "My Lord would be pleased to offer Alomarra as a temporary home to those of your people who wish to rest. It is his opinion that a Great Library would be a boon to the city, should your people desire to record their knowledge for public benefit."

To Ambassadors of Teke:
    "Space in the city will be made available for the construction of a Temple. Alrinach would be happy to host some of your people, as there is much to learn."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-16 at 04:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Erothayce

"I am sure some of the older generation would love to participate in a Great Library. The only condition that we would have would be that we are the ones who run and we choose who if anyone other than a time shifter works there."

erothayce.tumblr.com

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier shadowblade

Baldier gazed down upon his followers, and saw that they prospered well. they had leanred the art of many things in the sort amount of time he had been here to guide them. Yet they seemed incomplete a yin without a yang if you may. So thus he took a ray of the sun, and from that he crafted the Auirites a blue skinned scaly race of great strength, speed, and strength of mind; they were truely a great work of art on his part, and he had spent many days forging them from all the aspects of the great crystal, and the best of the dark templar, but yet they lacked any true purpose. Thus from the nergues around him he gathered them all into a great sphere of brioght blue nergy, and thus he made the Bright Nexus a birght azure crystal that would found the basis of their relegion similar in almost all ways to the dark nexus except instead of granting intellegence, it instead granted great wisdom, and force of personality to those who have been in its presence.

Then to honor their entrance into this harsh, and new world he took a piece of the land, and from it he forged Auir the city of the new beings to rival that of the mightiest kings. Yet this caused some unrest amobng the dark templar; they said he considered the Auirites to be his true people, and that they had been forsaken by him, and he felt the power granted by their worship begin to ebb away. Thus he sent a avatar of greatness to the dark Templar telling them that he had not forsaken them, and that he had in the plans a city of even grander greatness for them in the owrkings. It was just that they were not ready for the power that would granted by such a grand city, and the defenses it would grant. First they must advance in the fields of weaponry, and medicine beofre he would grat them such a great gift.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post

"I am sure some of the older generation would love to participate in a Great Library. The only condition that we would have would be that we are the ones who run and we choose who if anyone other than a time shifter works there."
    Nemorensis nodded in assent. "Be it done."