New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "I don't know... I don't watch the ogres.. I am in charge of the island of Teke."
    Illopet

"What is that?" Asked Illopet with confusion.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Illopet

"What is that?" Asked Illopet with confusion.
    "The world is only centuries old now. You know, I wonder if Ascension causes amnesia in mortals..."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"The world is only centuries old now. You know, I wonder if Ascension causes amnesia in mortals..."
    Illopet

"What has happened in the world, any events? What has been created in the world? What and who are the other gods? What happens to the souls of mortals?" Asked Illopet needing to get all the information.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

To Lupin

That would be wonderful, what would you like in return? and would you be intrested in an alliance?

To Abraxes.

Do you have anything to trade? and I'm afraid that the Enlightened would be rather useless helping you defend if It doesn't know where you are.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

To Cellis:

"An alliance will do me just fine; I didn't really see anything here that I liked anyhow. So then, now that we're allied, here's hoping that our two colonies will flourish and thrive together. Now, I must be off to see more colonies and how everyone else's doing. Goodbye, ally."

Grinning once more at his 'speech', Lupin headed out the door to go back to his own domain for a little rest.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-17 at 02:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Illopet

"What has happened in the world, any events? What has been created in the world? What and who are the other gods? What happens to the souls of mortals?" Asked Illopet needing to get all the information.
    "The mortals go to the gods of death. The other things you mentioned are very complicated. Gods have started their own nations and shepherd their people."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

After some time he returned to his ashenborn. Over time they have constructed large towers able to withstand the heat and destruction cause by the volcanoes. The race had grown strong in numbers and in supplies. They were becoming a more suitable race to have reigned by him. He was able to clearly see his smaller avatar assisting the ashenborn in forming there ways of life. Facilities were constructed to train them in the art of battle. Schools devoted to some of the more destructive magics were built. The race was flourishing. They had reached a point where he could entrst a leader.

His previous avatar crumbled and up rose his larger form. In front of him stood a follower far superior to the others. His name was Rexgen and he had been the most prominent fighters in the city. Ahhh, Rexgen. It is I, Mavil. I have chosen you to become the first leader of this race. For many generations your family shall be blessed and rule a stronger more superior kingdom than any other. I grant you this, the gem of blinding destruction. It shall be passed down to your first son to recieve power. Be cautious though. Learn to destroy with this power everything but what you stand for.

With that he pulled and bright glowing gem. It glowed a deep red. He handed it over to Rexgen. As soon as he touched it, you can see a surge of power rush through him. With this the race has officially been trusted to start acting out his goals.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex chattered in their strange and oddly sibilant language, the long sonorous moans and the harsh crackling epitephs perfectly in tune with the chittering of their mandibles. The lead Ensirex once more spoke. To prove the craft of our Bone-Shapers, we have brough examples of their wares. and with this he nodded to his delegation. A pair of zombies pulled into view a suit of armor, made from carapace and bone. Another shambling corpse presented a matching shield made of carapace, and a long and oddly curved long sword made from bone. Another corpse presented a long staff made of polished ivory, with intricate etchings, and topped with the skull of some unidentified beast. In place of its eyes, black diamonds had been etched into the likeness of the Ensirex's multi-faceted eyes, and the gem refracted the light beautifully. Each of the Ensirex pulled forth necklaces made of bone and sinew, as well as votif charms and symbols, and myriad other fetishes and jewelry.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

The Ensirex chattered in their strange and oddly sibilant language, the long sonorous moans and the harsh crackling epitephs perfectly in tune with the chittering of their mandibles. The lead Ensirex once more spoke. To prove the craft of our Bone-Shapers, we have brough examples of their wares. and with this he nodded to his delegation. A pair of zombies pulled into view a suit of armor, made from carapace and bone. Another shambling corpse presented a matching shield made of carapace, and a long and oddly curved long sword made from bone. Another corpse presented a long staff made of polished ivory, with intricate etchings, and topped with the skull of some unidentified beast. In place of its eyes, black diamonds had been etched into the likeness of the Ensirex's multi-faceted eyes, and the gem refracted the light beautifully. Each of the Ensirex pulled forth necklaces made of bone and sinew, as well as votif charms and symbols, and myriad other fetishes and jewelry.
    Meanwhile, Saradinus continued teaching the magicians of the island of Teke even more. Myrokhan joined as they continued to guide many conjurors in the way of Conjuration. (Minor Godly Act)At the same time, the people began to gradually refine their system of education to include more summoning.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier gazed upon his peoples, and saw the wonders that the blessing of the god of craft had granted them. They were progressing more, and more each day the twin crystals powering this infulx of knowldge the Dark nexus granting them intellegence, and inspiration, adn the Holy Nexus granting them wisdom, and the will to presue their intentions. yes things were looking quite well for the Protoss, and they had hnored their anrrangement with the peoples of Saradinus, and had been supplying them with a steady flow of the slightly out of date versions of their technology, and Baldier beinga god of stealth in addition to psionics had vieled their tech to look exactly liek that of the kind they were sending. (minor godly act for sme illusions that correspond to my domain.)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abaraxys (not Abraxes )

The Divine Engineer listened carefully to Cellis.

"We could build a trading post together on the coast, near your valley. We have plenty to offer: minerals, tools, machines, medicines... Perhaps you are also interested in grafts?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I will give you their location in PM.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-17 at 04:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"The mortals go to the gods of death. The other things you mentioned are very complicated. Gods have started their own nations and shepherd their people."
    Illopet

"Thank you for your help. It has been appreciated." Said Illopet as he thought of a way to make souls feel better between the time of their death and when they went to the afterlife, for this purpose Illopet created the Valkyries, creatures that could sense death and control souls.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier sends a silent summouns to Saradinus hoping to keep it secret from other gods.
    ((short post to be preceeded by HUGE speech.)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Delegates

To Gargax,

We would be interested in the armor, and what properties does the staff have?

To Alrinach
    Walking forwards, he spoke to he clockwork man.
    We have a proposal for you, now, as an ordered god, you must have laws yes, and as a diety ruling over a fractured people, there are people who brake these laws, correct? sme of the laws are so important that the punishment for breaking them is containment for the duration of there life, or the ending of it, good so far?

We meanwhile, have a manpower shortage, and believe that relaying messages would cost too much energy and be too inefficient to be worth the cost. As such, perhaps we could save you the cos of incarceration of public executions, we will subsume the deadly fracturing ones. In exchange, the bodies would provide free labor for the city for the first two years in service, and one quarter of them will stay and assist in civic projects and serve as ambassadors .

To the protoss delegate
    What would you lke for the plans or one of them, whichever is cheaper, motioning towards the grain harvester.
    In the mountains
    To Abaraxys
    A trading post sounds excellent, grafts sound interesting, and I'm sure the Enlightened would love to emulate and develop he idea, what would yo liek in exchange?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-17 at 05:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abaraxys to Cellis

"We lack natural ressources. Maybe you could provide my people food, lumber...what else do you have?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis to Abaraxys

We have alrge amounts of foodstuffs and minerals, and there are some tree covered mountains yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That night, rocks fell from the heavens into the Myrmici Desert, the Great Wood and in the barren North (4,8 and 4,10 on the map). Fortunately, they didn't cause any serious damage. The rocks contained a blue ore of extraordinary strength and hardness, known as "star metal".
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-17 at 05:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abaraxys to Cellis

"So...it's a deal. I'll send some of my people to help build the trading post."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Upon seeing the meteors fall into his woods, upon closer examination Lupin was shocked to find the mysterious metal inside.

"Bah, what's that wyrm thing doing sending metal into my domain? What would I want with metal, after all?"

After briefly being annoyed, Lupin starts to ponder the situation:

"Hmmm, I don't need any of this, but perhaps there are other gods who'd be interested..."

Concentrating for a moment, Lupin sent out a message to all the gods

"Hello all you stiffs and fun loving deities out there! I, Lupin of The Great Woods, have an offer for you all! If you're interested in some metals that've fallen from the skies, come meet me in my woods with your best offer! Taking all bids!"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

in the forest, ants, worms, flies, and other insects gathered together to form a humanoid body next to Lupin What does the metal do?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

She heard the summons of lupin, but ignored him. She had her own starmetal to worry about. One stone, she purified so that it shone with a brilliant luster that could not be matched by mortal smiths. This she put in the temple of the Twilight Goddess on the altar. For the rest of this "starmetal, she hid it underground to see if it was possible to replicate it. Growing metal was simple enough for her if she had a sample, though it would take time to grow. It was a similar process to keeping the mountains around the Twilight city rich with Iron and Copper.

This was an unexpected gift. She would use it. Later though.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-17 at 06:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Lupin shrugs at Cellis

"I've got no clue, but it's from space so it's got to have some special qualities about it. Since we're allies, I'll let you have a small chunk to have a look at."

Grinning, Lupin picks up one of the small meteors from the pile he's collected and hands it to Cellis.

"Have a look at that and who knows? Maybe you'll come back wanting the whole lot."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus appeared next to Lupin. He smiles and bows his head to him in greetings. "Greetings brother. I hear you have some metal to offer? Might I see some of it?"

Looking it over, Cyrus hides his curiousity of it. He looks at Lupin, then over at Cellis. He shrugs. "And what might the god of animals wish of the god of crafts in exchange for this metal?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

Deciding to ignore the call of Lupin Mavil heads to where he believes another stone has fallen (4,10). He arrives there and finds the metal. He picks it ups and returns to his domain. There he gives some of the metal to the ashenborn through his avatar and keeps some for himself. He wwatches as the ashenborn get to work make weapons worth much more than that of normal weapons. He decides from the rest of the metal he shall make a weapon blessed with his power.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

At the same time, revolts occur in several regions: in ogre lands (3,3), in the underground cities of the dark elves (5,7) and in the island of Teke (10,7). The rebels launch attacks simultaneously on temples, administrative buildings and magical academies. Their goal is simple: free themselves from what they consider false gods.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Feeling the disturbance in his lands, Cyrus nods a hasty good-bye to Lupin and returns to his lands. Outraged at the audacity of some of HIS people, to turn their backs on HIM! With a sweep of his hand, he causes the runes they use to dissolve, their weapons and armor to break or rust. After this, his loyalists have no problem restoring order.

Troubled by what has occurred, Cyrus sends an avatar down to speak to the people and assure them that Cyrus does look after them. After all, aren't their creations the most wonderous on the planet? Do they not have plenty of everything they could need or want?

The rebels were imprisoned and reconditioned; most of them had gone along by fear or had been caught up in it all. The ringleaders were executed. Those that refused to accept Cyrus as their god were given two choices: slavery or execution. Being a proud people, most of them choose execution.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-17 at 08:26 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex responds to the Hive-minds question: "This staff is inscribed with runes of necromantic and death magics, but we can provide staffs with specified magics, or if you wish we could, in trade for some service of yours, teach you how to craft bones yourself.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erothayce

Wandering time-shifters watched the star metal fall from the sky and went to investigate it. They found that they wanted wanted and so they loaded it into wagons to bring back to their small village to see what it could do.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

and in the island of Teke (10,7). The rebels launch attacks simultaneously on temples, administrative buildings and magical academies. Their goal is simple: free themselves from what they consider false gods.
    The Archconjurors of the land, guided by Myrokhan and Saradinus himself, carry out the defense. At the same time, Myrokhan, the avatar defended the Highest Academies, and the Supernalists who drew power from Saradinus'es mind were sent to deal with the insurgency to communicate to the people the reality of Saradinus'es existence.

Supernalists had the power to convey Saradinus'es thoughts through their magic, and were scattered throughout the land to quell the invasion.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Illopet sent an avatar at the island of Teke during battle and watched the deaths with a smile on his face. He looked at the souls and was tempted to keep them but no. He had more importanty things to do. Illopet yelled "Does anybody here need a hand."

Illopet also sent an avatar to Lupin. "I do not want much. How much could I get for 10 ogres?"

Illopet himself went to the baren north in order to collect the starmetal from their and to take it back to his own ogres.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-09-18 at 11:11 AM.