New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Lupin

Happy to have gotten a few offers for the meteors, Lupin turned to the avatar of Illopet:

"I think two of the little ones would probably do the job. What do you have on offer in return?"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet to Lupin

"I wish to trade 10 ogres for however much of this metal it will get me." Said Illopet's avatar, though it was more like a figment to talk to Lupin.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier Shadowblade

while he snesed that in his lands in the north a great catclysm has happened some of the stars themsleves had fallen to earth, and their fall had caused amny an avalanche over the past few weeks. so thus he sent an eliter group of Protoss containg the Dark templar Grandar, The high Templar: ****hil dale, their guide a small protoissan boy by the name of Rithnar, and another high templar by the name of Verthey....

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Once the three templars were close by, Illopet sent a figment to the three Termplars. The figment looked at them before speaking in a hoarse voice. "Come no further for if you do, you will see the true magnificence of a god and you will surely die. What is your quest?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

The High templars stepped forward, and spoke in unison.
    "We have come seeking the fallen stars. We have come to claim them in Auirs name."
    "We have come seeking the fallen stars. We have come to calim them in Auirs name."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"Sorry got here first. Unlucky. What is that Auir, you're talking about? A god?" Said Illopet's figment.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus began using the book of the same name, and ressurected all the fallen from Illopet. Saradinus then used his godly power combined with his artifact to ban demigods from his realm. Technically that included all other gods, since they were demigods outside of their realm.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

"Auir is the great city created by Baldier, and the home of the holy nexus.Although we intially came here to take it, perhaps we could negotiate for a piece of the rock, our interests are scientfic, so we would only need, but a small piece"
    "Auir is the great cty created by Baldier, and the home of the holy nexus. Although we intially came here to take it, perhaps we could negotiate for a piece ofthe rock, our interests are scientfic, so we would only need, but a small piece."
    The High templar spoke.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Illopet's figment looked at them. "In return for the information you know about the history of this world I shall let you have a small peice. Also I would like to know about your god."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

"we are a great learned peoples, and are relegious leaders in our land, yet we are no fools what garuntee do we have that you are simply lying to us, and have in fact not found the rock at all? Give us proof of the stars existance, and that you have found it, and the knwoldge shall be yours."
    "we are a great learned peoples, and are relegious leaders in our land, yet we are no fools what garuntee do we have that you are simply lying to us, and have in fact not found the rock at all? Give us proof of the stars existance, and that you have found it, and the knwoldge shall be yours."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

A little surprised at Illopet's offer for slavery, Lupin decided to go with the flow:

"Well, ten ogres aren't the most useful thing to me in the world, but then neither is this metal, so I'll give you one chunk of this stuff in exchange for them."

Kicking up one of the small meteors from the pile and catching it in his hand, Lupin offered it to the avatar.

"If you ever want more, the price'll stand for now, depending on how valuable it turns out to be."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Lupin

"Thank you, for this metal. The ogres will set off from their settlement now." Said Illopet. The ogres felt a mental urge to go to Lupin's land.

An avatar went to protoss with a peice of the metal in its hand. "Is this proof enough."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-09-18 at 12:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss observed the metal ,adn then after a second nodded.
    "We see that you tell the truth, but how much metal are you willing to give us for our knowdlge?"
    "We see that you tell the truth, but how much metal are you willing to give us for our knowdlge?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

Ikassi decided to adress the Wolf God Lupin. Appearing as a cloaked Myrmici, she saw how he was bartering away the starmetal.

I see that you do not wish for this metal, but you clearly underestimate it's value. These other gods will try to convince you it is worthless, but you hjave been blessed with a grand bartering chip. Many crafters and smiths would sell their own children for a lode such as this, however I will suggest an offer that you may find interesting.

Smiling, she continued.

For your whole lode, I will assist in spreading the domain of the forest to the surrounding lands and I wil help to keep your soil rich and fertile. Also, I will pass on the secrets of the Self onto your people. With this power, they will be able to overcome the supernatural and magical through willpower and internal ballance.

You need not decide now. If you accept, you know where to find me.

With that, she sunk into the ground and returned to the desert.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-18 at 01:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

How does a small colony of rapidly breeding sapient ants sound?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

16. - Top - End - #256
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

While he laughs in the distance at the other gods slow motions to retrieve the metal, he quickly gets to work on crafting a weapon of power. He fashions a scythe out of the metal. Next he imbues his divine power into the metal to give it incredible power. When all is said and done he has created a weapon of worthy to the hands of a god. It glows a tinge of orange and inscribed with his emblem at the base.

He thens steps forth as his avatar towards his people. I am quite pleased with the development you have done to your city and with your people. The gift I gave earlier is truly a powerful metal used to form great weapons, but for a race of power such as yourself you need more. I hereby grant you this present. to the strongest in this area may this pass on to and form a second house of power.

Immediately after a rather small ashenborn steps forward. He bows to his lord and gracously sticks out his hands. My lord, my name is Azum. I might not look like a strong fighter, but I have master the ways of destruction as you taught and can easily overcome many enemies. With your blessing I shall become one of the most powerful creatures to walk the earth. I believe I am worthy.

Hmmm... I shall believe your word. With this I entitle you to become leader of the second noble house of the ashenborn. May your decendants be blessed with my power.Suddenly a light pours before Azum, and down desends the scythe. Azum takes it into his hand and nows has formed the second house.

As the avatar leaves Azum turns towards his people.You shall not regret this.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Thinking about Ikassi's offer, Lupin found it to be quite generous. However, none of the others so far had really tried to scam him, and if she was trying to pull a trick on him then he'd be walking right into it. A tricky situation indeed.

Taking the meteors and hiding them in the tallest branches of the great tree, Lupin headed to the domain of Ikassi to barter some more.

Entering her chamber, Lupin proceeded to begin his own dealings:

"Ikassi, isn't it? If I'm not to believe that you're trying to pull a fast one on me yourself, although of course I have no real reason to doubt, can you givem e something before hand to prove that you're not bluffing me? A token of our trust would be fine, even if you wanted it straight back afterwards."

18. - Top - End - #258

Ikassi

Ahh, you wish to have proof of my sincerity? I thought you might. Very well then. I shall teach your people the way of the Self before the transaction and work to spread the forest afterwards.

And if I was trying to scam you, how would I go about it? I cannot simply take the starmetal without completing my part of the deal, it would go over quite poorly with the other gods. The way I see it, I have something you want. A way to defeat the magical. You have something I want, the starmetal.

If all goes well, perhaps I will tell you more. So, Lupin, what do you say?

She leaned forward as she said this, staring intently into the Wolf God's eyes.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Lupin stares back into Ikassi's eyes for a moment with the same amount of intent, before reeling his head back in laughter.

"I like the way you think Ikassi! Very well, you head over to my domain in whatever form you do and do what you need to do to give my people your gifts, and I'll head up and grab you the starmetal, then head back here when that's that."

Without waiting for a response, Lupin headed to the tip of his tree to gather the meteors, before waiting to see if Ikassi holds up her end of the bargain.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-18 at 04:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Alrinach

The White City exmanded and grew as the Great Library was constructed, and merchants thrived in the wake of the trade summit. In the midst of the expansion, Nemerensis quietly dispached an expedition to the ruins of an ancient civilization, to study and report back on their findings.

Hearing Lupin's call, Alrinach's interest was piqued.

As such, Nemerensis appeared briefly in Lupin's glade before shimmering back out of existance in a manner that a organic form would have found, to say that least, nauseating. After a few moments, its clear metallic voice resounded in the clearing.

"It is apparent that the metals from which I am constructed are excluded from your glade, Laughing Wolf. That aside, Alrinach wishes to express interest in this strange metal."

21. - Top - End - #261

Ikassi

The earth goddess smiled. The sooner she upheld the bargain, the better, lest some other deity would come and claim he prize.

Immediately, she instructed several Myrmici Sages to travel to the Great Forest. She knew this would take some time, so she decided to take the form of a Myrmici Hermit living in a small cave near the great forest. Every morning, she began to teach the people of the forest the ways of the Self while occasionally checking her own lands from time to time.

She would keep this up until the rest of the sages had arrived.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-18 at 04:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus frowned as he considered the ramifications of the revolt. His people were obviously in need of protection. And so Cyrus went to work at his forge deep under the dwarves' mountain. Eventually his avatar appeared in the temple before the chief. With him was a golem made of iron that stood half again as tall as the tallest ogre. The avatar granted this construct to the chief for use as a guardian. Next the avatar took the best sculptors, blacksmiths, and runecasters and taught them how to replicate the golem.

Soon a force of golems loyal to the ogres and, firstly, Cyrus, would protect the ogres and dwarves.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

23. - Top - End - #263

Alrinach

Turning his attention back to the matter of his earthly rule, Alrinach spoke to all the Gods.

"It has come to my attention that some of the mortals across the plane have revolted against your rule. As a god of Law, I am pleased to provide any assistance that I may, from the divine magics which which I provide my followers to the services of my two generals, Androvore and Carnivex."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach

Turning his attention back to the matter of his earthly rule, Alrinach spoke to all the Gods.

"It has come to my attention that some of the mortals across the plane have revolted against your rule. As a god of Law, I am pleased to provide any assistance that I may, from the divine magics which which I provide my followers to the services of my two generals, Androvore and Carnivex."
    Hearing this Mavil started to laugh to himself.Obviously someone doesn't have control over their followers. Oh how I wish I was there to see the look on their faces as they lost control over their people.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The delegation considered and responded to the hives query Perhaps, this could be a useful commodity, perhaps you could provide a resource that we could craft, perhaps the bones of some of your lands beasts... we could use raw materials...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis To Gargax
    delegates
    We don't use the bones or carapaces of dead bodies very much, maybe if we sent you a large amount of carapaces and bones of Enlightened bodies and giant insects, in exchange, one third of the material will be sent back to us as finished products, sound reasonable?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The delegates chittered and bobbed their heads, and the lead delegate spoke. This sounds most agreeable.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-18 at 06:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus, happy with his new golems, decides to return his attention to Lupin. He travels to him quickly. Once there, he bows politely, smiling in a friendly manner. "Greetings brother. I have come to continue talks of perhaps sharing that metal you found. Perhaps in return for some of it, you would be interested in learning Rune magic for your people? It is based more on nature than the other magicks. Or if not that, then perhaps some crafted goods for your people? I admit I know little of your people, and so I know little of what they want or need."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

Excellent, We'll start the route immediately, focus on armor and weapons please.

In the Vally of the Enlightened two convoys of giant ants set off. One set off on a long journey, traveling through the mountains as much as possible, after leaving them it is protected by the bodies of anyone ignorant enough to try and attack it. Eventually it reached the hidden, narrow valley of Abraxys. All the creatures start work on building a trading post and storage buildings, and it is done in a few hours. One of the giant ants walks forward to greet anyone arriving to investigate the visitors on the tip of the valley.

The second one traveled to the land of Gargax's people, carrying the first shipment of bone and carapace. When it reached it's destination, one of the giant ant bodies walked to the nearest Eniserex(sp) here is the first shipment, we will expect our payment with the next one. All the Bodies began unloading and finding foodstuffs for the return trip.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex chitters to those near it, and their too-beautiful second hands unfold from their carapaces, beckoning the dead to take the bones and carapaces. The closest standard speaker nodded to the ants and spoke, We thank you for the supplies, you will receive your due when the next shipment arrives.

In the time during the delegation, the taint of the dagger had spread and the Ensirex spread with it. They began mining the mountains. The taint had spread to the metals of the mountain, and the metals they mined from the mountains were akin to that in the blade of the dagger shoved into the soil of what is now a sprawling city.