New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: Post-Apocalyptic Eberron

Spoiler
    Show

Even more Aoos from Nolan since he managed to destroy the swarm trying to go over him.

(1d20+13)[30](2d4+10)[14]
    (1d20+13)[19](2d4+10)[15]

(1d20+13)[29](2d4+10)[14]
    (1d20+13)[30](2d4+10)[14]

2. - Top - End - #92

Black shows this swarm he isn't afraid of numbers, as his attacks hit and destroy with amazing precision every single component of the black cloud untill the air around him is clean again. And he still has energy left to deal heavy damage to the other nearby swarm, altough in the end of the seemingly endless flurry of blows the undead spirits still hold their ground.

But still the party is badly outnumbered, and the remaining swarms advance to take the place of their fallen brothers. One of them takes flight into the air and manages to envelop Azira in a cold embrance once again.

Nolan spins his chain with terrific speed, managing to destroy one weakened swarm, but another one takes it's place and envelops the shaddow warrior who tries to jump into the ethereal plane rather than face the cold embrance.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Azira now has a swarm flying over her square and some others up in the air, like seen on the right side of the map.

I removed Glint from the map since his player has gone missing. Let's just say he vanishes under the swarms and is never seen again. If he shows signs of life again he'll be back from the dead.

Party damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

Everybody inside a swarm takes more 6 cold damage.

Nolan suffers no damage in roll of 50 or higher (1d100)[15]

Str penalties(stack with those of the other turn) for:

Azira:(1d6)[2]
    Gunilla:(1d6)[1]
    Albert:(1d6)[2]
    Oliver:(1d6)[5]
    White:(1d6)[5]
    Hrothgar:(1d6)[4]

Swarm damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

Aoo from Gunilla:
    (1d10+13)[19](1d10+1)[5](1d100)[50] failed

N13 takes 28 damage
    R14 takes 14 damage
    R9 takes 58 damage

Plus two swarms destroyed at around 77-82 damage total.

Azira's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-09-26 at 06:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

Nolan's strenght damage(1d6)[4](blink failed, and invisibility doesn't protect you from these swarms).

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Azira
    Spoiler
    Show
    Making a Fortitude save and deciding from there...
    (1d20+9)[26]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Azira

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucky me. Okay, I'll fly up 15ft and cast Protection from Energy (Cold).
    Lasts 2 hours and absorbs 120 cold damage.

I've taken 1, 55, and 1 damage for a total of 57.
    11/67 hp left...

Azira whirs up into the air, and noting the extreme reliance on cold that the swarms seem to have, weaves a spell that blurs around her and protects her from the icy chill.

6. - Top - End - #96

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[12](1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[18](1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[11](1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[5](1d20)[19]
    (1d20)[11](1d20)[15]

(1d10+6)[10]

7. - Top - End - #97

Sudenly the air near Oliver seems to distort itself, and sudenly it solidifies. Forth comes a humanoid with a hunting dog's head, metalic golden skin and well muscled. It carries a greatsword and wears only a simple white loincloth. His simple presence seems to scare the swarms, while you feel new hope growing inside you.

Hrothgar calls, and I answer. Where do you need my aid?

He then gives a quick glance at the battlefield and his face turns grim.

By Thor, in what mess you've gotten yourself this time Hrothgar? I can't hurt these enemies, but still I'll do my best to suport you.

The hound archon then notices Oliver at the brink of death, covered by countless tiny undead creatures. He quickly runs towards him and touches him with his hands, wich glow momentarily in the darkness of the battlefield.

Acept the blessing of Thor champion of Light! You will not fall today!

Oliver feels a new energy filling his drained body, allowing him to stand once again, altough at the brink of conscioness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hound archon on N16. Everybody 10 feets from him receives the benefits of the protection from evil spell.

Oliver gets 10 temporary hit points and +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves against fear thanks to the Archon's aid SLA.

Swarms at M15 and P15 affected by aura of menace(-2 AC, attacks and saves).

Hrothgar's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-09-27 at 08:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hrothgar moves to O16 and castes cure serious wounds on Oliver.

Spoiler
    Show

(2d8+6)[21]
    i think im a caster level 6
    i heal oliver by 21 points so she is now at 22 health, unless he/she cant get that high
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-09-27 at 11:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Hrothgar further heals the Paladin, leaving him in much better shape, but Black finds himself swarmed by even more enemies, feeling more of his strenght being drained

Situation
    Spoiler
    Show

Note:the swarm that's now over Black is the same one that he damaged earlier.

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

Black takes 6 cold damage and an extra (1d6)[6] str penalty.

Oliver was healed for 27 HP, since Hrothgar 's caster level is 12 and not 6.

Oliver's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-09-27 at 12:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Oliver

Oliver feels alive, though very weakened. He rolls out from under the obliging White while pulling his mace out, and quckly mounts the beast. A quick action and both Oliver and White glow for a bit. Oliver then swishes the mace through the swarm, and White stomps and bites at the swarm, but neither seem to connect with anything.

Spoiler
    Show

woohoo! Posting from my phone, so I'm doing some of this from memory.
    Move action to stand and draw weapon. Free action to fast mount (ride DC 15).
    Swift action to cast Divine favor (+3 to attacks and damage, I believe also makes White's attacks good aligned, or something else that will bypass some DR)
    Standard action to attack.
    OliverAttack - (1d20+21)[41] OliverDamage - (1d8+3)[6]
    White takes full round action to attack.
    WhiteAttackHoof1 - (1d20+11)[28] WhiteDamage - (1d8+5)[11]
    WhiteAttackHoof2 - (1d20+11)[14] WhiteDamage - (1d8+5)[6]
    WhiteAttackBite - (1d20+9)[27] WhiteDamage - (1d8+2)[5]

From IC:
    Urgh, need to make saves and whatnot. Will copy the below into the IC post and alter the description of his actions.

FortOliver - (1d20+13)[26] DC 20 or nothing else but stand and cast.
    FastMount - (1d20+15)[24] DC 20 to fast mount (failure = no attacks)
    Concentration - (1d20+10)[23]

If Oliver makes the Fort, then he tries to fast mount. If he doesn't fast mount, then he simply mounts and still tries to cast as a swift action. If he does fast mount, then he casts as a swift and attacks.

FortWhite - (1d20+11)[25]

If White fails his save, he will attack once with a hoof. Otherwise full attack.

Percentiles to overcome etherealness:
    OliverAttackOver50Hits - (1d100)[28]
    WhiteAttackHoof1Over50Hits - (1d100)[3]
    WhiteAttackHoof2Over50Hits - (1d100)[46]
    WhiteAttackBiteOver50Hits - (1d100)[6]

Last edited by oliana0; 2008-09-27 at 07:06 PM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

"Damn it..." Between long breathes, Gunilla brings the blade to a ready by his side while his mount looks up to his master, confused. He'd expected all the vermin to have dispersed, not just their weakest link.

"they're spirits, they aren't entirely here... and have no life to give." Distraught, Albert braces himself as the swarm envelops him again, the last swing from the glaive doing nothing to stop it. As Gunilla brings the polearm around again, its weight becomes more... pronounced. Hesitant, he waves some of the at his eyes away and grabs the reins. "Forward, come on!"

Bursting from the swarm, the pair moves back the center of the conflict. After a moments hesitation, Gunilla throws his glaive to the floor, leaving its blade planted on the ground. He quickly brings his hands together, and begins a short chant in dwarven. "Lanza de los cielos, muestra tu fuerza innegable!" When he splits them again, a shimmering, pointed shaft appears between them. As it floats, Gunilla grasps it with both hands, as if it where a spear.

With a sudden vigorous motion, Gunilla and Albert seem to blur slightly. Much like a hummingbird, the dwarf looks around and turns to Relampago's servants. A similar blur seems to move through the air, trying to envelop them both.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, saves passed for both. Albert will move to Q10-11/R10-11. Gunilla will drop his Glaive when the get there (Free action), Cast Thuderlance (Standard) and also a Quickened Haste on Himself, Albert, Black and Nolan (the 30ft limit between to targets prevents any more)

Thuderlance is here below, for reference

Spoiler
    Show
    Thunderlance
    Evocation [Force]
    Level: Sor/ Wiz 4
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 0 ft.
    Effect: A spearlike beam
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

When you cast this spell, you create a deadly lance of force. You can freely make a thunderlance retract or grow to any length from 1 foot to 20 feet, but it always remains a straight lance of force. This effect gives you a natural reach of 20 feet. You can use a thunderlance to make powerful melee attacks.

You can wield a thunderlance in one or two hands, dealing a base 3d6 points of damage (crit 20/×3). Instead of using your Strength modifier, you use the higher of your Intelligence modifier or Charisma modifier as a bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

If you successfully strike a target protected by any force effect of 3rd level or lower, such as a shield or mage armor spell, the thunderlance might dispel the force effect in addition to damaging the target. Make a dispel check against the level of the caster who created the effect. If you succeed, the effect is dispelled. The thunderlance remains whether you succeed or fail on this check.

Material Component: A small metal
    spear.

(Spell Compendium, PG 220)
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

12. - Top - End - #102

Nolan's turn(you've been hasted)
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-09-28 at 03:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Nolan cannot remain the the midst of the swarms feeling as weak as a new born babe and thus beats a hasty retreat.

Spoiler
    Show
    withdraw action to D1 if possible as my 2 str isn't going to win my any awards.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

14. - Top - End - #104

Black's turn(you've been hasted)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Black

The smile gets more vicious, a disturbing wail almost too high to hear emanating from the flicher.
    The animals nearby shy away from the creature even more than before, but continue fighting as fiercely as ever, it's fists flying in desperation as the creatures continue to swarm around it.
    "keeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    No actual gameplay effect, but damn cool none the less.
    Warrior’s Fate boost: (1d20)[3]
    Fort:(1d20+14)[25]
    Full attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to S8:(1d20+15)[31] (1d20+15)[29]
    (1d20+15)[25] (1d20+15)[27]
    Going to S10:(1d20+15)[19] (1d20+15)[20]
    (1d20+15)[16] (1d20+15)[23]
    Haste: S8:(1d20+15)[16] (1d20+15)[23]
    S10:(1d20+15)[18] (1d20+15)[25]

R9:(1d20+10)[22] (1d20+10)[26]
    (1d20+10)[29] (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d8-2)[6] (2d8-2)[8] (2d8-2)[14] (2d8-2)[4]
    (2d8-2)[4] (2d8-2)[13] (2d8-2)[10] (2d8-2)[13]
    (2d8-2)[1] (2d8-2)[10] (2d8-2)[11] (2d8-2)[11]
    (2d8-2)[8] (2d8-2)[9] (2d8-2)[2] (2d8-2)[8]
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-09-29 at 04:51 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

16. - Top - End - #106

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d2)[2](1d2)[2](1d2)[1](1d2)[2]
    (1d2)[2](1d2)[1](1d2)[1](1d2)[1]
    (1d2)[2](1d2)[1](1d2)[1](1d2)[1]
    (1d2)[1](1d2)[2](1d2)[1](1d2)[1]

17. - Top - End - #107

Black's unstopable streak of precise blows manages to clean the already weakened swarm around him, giving him some time to breath.

One of the swarms decides to go after Nolan, almost as if they were able to smell his fear. The remaining ones keep on sucking the party's strenght, pushing some of it's members to the limit.

Situation
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

Swarm over Black destroyed. Swarm at R10 has taken 21 damage.

Hrothgar:(1d6)[6] extra str penalty and 6 cold damage
    White(1d6)[5] extra str penalty and 6 cold damage
    Oliver:(1d6)[1] extra str penaltyand 6 cold damage
    Azira:(1d6)[2] extra str penalty and 6 cold damage(the later absorbed by the spell)

Azira's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-09-30 at 11:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Azira

((Hmmm... that makes the penalty a total of -8, which means she can't fly, and thus should be falling... she's also helpless, but that mostly matters in terms of what she can do and not them hurting her considering they deal cold damage.
    Typically ability penalties can't drop you below one, but they also usually don't usually stack though, so I'm at a loss as to what exactly happens this turn.

I'll go with this, since falling is something I have to deal with on my turn no matter what:))

Azira begins falling back towards the ground, and her form flickers as it falls, continuing to fall while she also appears to be lying down on the ground below.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure falling begins on my turn in my movement phase, so it seems reasonable that I could use Flee the Scene (which requires no physical actions) to immediately teleport back down to the ground in a swarm free area. It also leaves behind a Major Image for one round.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2008-10-01 at 02:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

As the swarm drains the last remants of strenght from Azira, the mysterious woman feels helpless for a moment. Then she realizes she hasn't any weight at all! Her heart stoped beating, and all her body seems drained of heat. She can't even feel or smell the air around her anymore altough vision is still possible. But Azira can now feel some kind of pull towards the heart below her. As if something big was calling her. And it's not in the direction of the light.

Meanwhile, the swarm around her calms down, stoping chiterring and clawing, slowly moving away and dissipating into smoke. It feels like they acomplished something they were trying to do for a long time.

Spoiler
    Show

If your STR reached zero, then congratulations, you've died and become a ghost, but since you're already in the land of the dead, you really don't go anywhere. Your str resets to your original value and roll for your new HP score or take average(keep your old maximum HP, you'll need it). You can still act in this turn.

Ghost template:http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ghost.htm
    You have the draining touch and manifestation special attacks. You're in the material plane. Ignore level adjustment. All your abilities still work as normal.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

((Hmm. I see problems coming from this in the future.))

Azira is dead.
    She's also pissed, and happens to have even more power as a ghost than she did in real life.
    As such, those shadowy little SoBs are utterly screwed.

Raising her hands, she sends out tendrils of her magic all over the shadows, sliding around them and entangling them, holding them in place so that the others can get away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Shadow Binding. As far as I can tell, there is no reason that the spell shouldn't affect swarms and incorporeal creatures, which seems a little odd, but who am I to question the power of Illusion?
    It will radiate from around N 12, possibly a little higher just to barely miss Hrothgar or whoever the green guy is. Will Save DC 23 or be entangled and unable to move.

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[13](1d20)[15](1d20)[6](1d20)[7]

22. - Top - End - #112

Millions of small tendrils come forth and entrap the swarms in a cage of pulsating shadows, locking them into place.

Hrothgar's turn

23. - Top - End - #113

Attacks of oportunity
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+15)[18](2d8-2)[6](1d2)[2]
    (1d20+20)[40](3d6+14)[20](1d2)[1]

24. - Top - End - #114

(Drum-n-Bass loses his turn)

Some of the remaining swarms try to overrun Black and Gunilla. But the mounted warrior's weapon of pure magic energy cuts down several of the critters as they advance, altough they still manage to suck more of his strenght. Both swarms have their numbers quite depleted, while the ones at the center are locked by the shaddow tendrils from Azira.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

The grided area is the zone affected by shaddow biding.

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black takes an extra str penalty:(1d6)[3] and 6 cold damage

Gunilla takes an extra str penalty:(1d6)[5] and 6 cold damage

Albert takes an extra str penalty:(1d6)[4] and 6 cold damage

The swarm over Gunilla took 20 damage from his Aoo. I forgot thunderlance was a force effect and thus always damages incorporeals.

Oliver's turn
    (notice that the center swarms are locked in place by the shaddow biding, so trying to do them run away won't do much good.)

25. - Top - End - #115

Oliver

Oliver shudders under the continued threat of the swarm and tries to forgo the nausea of the creatures. He directs White to withdraw forward out of the swarm, now stuck in place. After they are clear of the swarm he turns White and light fills them both and the look a bit stronger. He then holds his holy symbol high and attempts to turn the undead away again.

Spoiler
    Show

FortOliver - (1d20+13)[30] If failed only partial action. Not asking for anything more than a partial action, though....

Oliver directs White to withdraw to H19. (Free action with ride check of 5. Oliver has 15, so it passes).
    Swift action: Cast Bull's Strength +4 to STR for both Oliver and White.
    Standard Action: Turn Undead.
    Check (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage (5d6+18)[31]
    Anything that is turned but cannot flee cowers, adding +2 to anyone attacking them.

FortWhite - (1d20+11)[16] Action is only to withdraw, and not at double speed, so should not matter if he makes this save.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

Surrounded by swarm and feeling even his clothes as burden now, Gunilla begins to falter. They'd taken the masked woman down. As her translucent image holds some of the vermin in place, hetightens his grip on the newly formed lance. "You won't..." With renewed resolve, he begins to channel everything he can into his weapon. "Albert, if they get through, take flight and get us out of here."

"AAAAAAARRGGGH!" With a wide swing, he brings the lance, now only a few feet long to the insects around him. It leaves trails of blue and white light as the the arcane energy seeks to escape though whatever way possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    The penalty leaves Gunilla at 3 strength and he doesn't want to die anytime soon.

He'll full attack from on top of Abert, sacrificing 4 lvl 3 and 4 lvl 2 duskblade spells via Arcane Strike. Net result is an additional +3 to hit and +20d4 Damage per attack.

He'll hit the swarms until they die. If an attack were to eliminate one of the swarms, the next would be against the closest one. Here's to being hopeful, but the order of swarms attacked would be: Green (Over Gunilla), Green (Over Black), Blue (Over Hrothgar) and Black (Over Oliver). Thunderlance gives a range of 1-20ft, since it grows and shrinks at will, reach shouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, Albert will ready a move action to flee. The trigger would if a swarm moves within 10 ft of Gunilla and himself. A charging swarm would have to make it through Gunilla's AoO, if the attack doesn't stop it, Albert will fly at full speed (130ft) away from it.

And now, the attacks. Int replaces Str with Thunderlance, which can be used two handed.

Attack: (1d20+24)[25]
    Damage: (3d6+12)[27] + (20d4)[52] AS

Attack (Haste): (1d20+24)[27]
    Damage: (3d6+12)[21] + (20d4)[54] AS

Attack: (1d20+19)[20]
    Damage: (3d6+12)[21] + (20d4)[50] AS

Attack: (1d20+14)[19]
    Damage: (3d6+12)[20] + (20d4)[48] AS
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

27. - Top - End - #117

Oliver's holy symbol shines once more, and one swarm cowers inside the bidings while other runs away screeching.

Then Gunilla releases raw arcane energy trough his lances and sweeps it around him. A bright flash of blue and white momentariily blinds the party, and when they recover their vision they see a trail of burned smoking ground where several swarms were before.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

bad luck with that natural 1. Still did plenty of damage.

Nolan's turn
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-05 at 03:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Nolan boosts his already enhanced speed and circles around to his friends as he knew that he could not out run the swarm forever.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC boost with Wind Stride and use two movements to get to V 11
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

29. - Top - End - #119

(Black's turn)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Black

The Filcher begins his charge, spinning around Gunilla before vanishing from sight.
    For those who can see onto the ethereal plane, Black moves like a shadow, passing through Hrothgar(though not before giving a rude message to his unseeing face), and punching the swarm hard.
    Oddly enough, his fist seems to momentarily split in twain, one striking accuately, the other striking with astounding force.
    This changes instantly, but you still get the feeling you missed some thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    End up P17 Not ethereal.
    Attack1:(1d20+17)[19]
    Attack2:(1d20+17)[24]
    Damage: (2d8-3)[5]
    Possibility Smite
    (1d6)[1]
    (4d6)[18]
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-10-05 at 06:58 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.