New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Post-Apocalyptic Eberron

Oliver

"Come now, let's have none of this creature. No deals for you soul can be worth the outcome. I do not have the wealth required to help our companion and that in and of itself haunts me, but we are here on a task. We should not get distracted."
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Black

Spoiler
    Show
    Please note: Black wasn't trying to escape by 'jaunting, he was just trying to see how powerful the vult was.
    Also, I can only assume that every one else is still quite a bit away, seeing as it's 30' vs. 90' vs. 1/2 kilometer
    To easy.
    I bet your soul and his.

The filcher points to Hrothgar, patting his pack in an assured way.
    Odds.
    With a snap, Black sends another pair of dice twirling into the air, where they land between the two with a clatter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gamble:(1d20+19)[27]+1 from Stance.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

3. - Top - End - #153

Your souls are mine!

(1d20+19)[31]

The dices come pair. The Nelfashee imediatily draws a huge rusted looking dagger from his belt, jumps forward and sticks it trough Hrothgar, who screams for a moment. Then you see his ghostly soul separate from his cold body and being quickly sucked into the blade, disapearing inside the metal. The nelfashee carefully guards the dagger and then draws his sword, looking at Black with a vicious greedy look.

Now hold still mortal, while I take your life...Or do you have something else to bet?

Spoiler
    Show
    Note:Drum-n-Bass has left this campaign, so this is as good as a moment as any to get rid of his character.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-20 at 01:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

"SCREEee! SCree!" Almost knocking his rider off, Albert jumps back, wings and claws flapping in panic. It only takes Gunilla a second or two to control the beast again though, it seems to come to a realization.

Gunilla points his right hand at the demon. "We will NOT lose anyone else!" Albert gives a loud, challenging scream. As the hippogriff "sings", his master's hand seems to glow with a strong green hue. A concentrated green ray then leaves Gunilla's index finger, flying straight at the vult.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step back by Albert, the it'll cast Mystic Surge (PHBII, +2 t the DC and +1 to the caster level of the target caster's next spell) on Gunilla.

Gunilla then casts Disintegrate boosted to caster level 13 and DC 26 on the Demon.

Spell Resistance (+3 from Spell Power): (1d20+16)[17]
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage: (26d6)[99] or (5d6)[21]

Initiative: (1d20)[7]
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

5. - Top - End - #155

Oliver

Oliver sees the horror of what is happening but can do nothing to stop it. His mouth drops and before he can react Gunilla has already blasted at the creature. If the creature does not fall, Oliver with spur White towards him and drawn his weapon, moving slowly.

"There will be no further wagers. We are leaving, and you are not following us. And should you not believe that we are all not so powerful to dismantle the world you live in because I prefer to leave you be."

Oliver turns his mount to Black and ignores the vult. "Come we are on a mission. If we are distracted by every amusing creature on this plane will will never be done."

6. - Top - End - #156

The green ray ricochets in the Nelfashee's tough skin, bouncing to the ground where it leaves a crater.

However, the Demon seems to be impressed by the show of power and backs of a step.

Then Oliver makes his threat and the Nelfashee stops smiling, seeming even slightly scared by the champion of good.

One soul for one soul, fair enough...Keep the woman, mortals, I won't bother you anymore, but I warn you, it's your own doom that awaits you if you keep showing off like that around here. Farewell, I wish you the best of lucks, so you may send more souls to my realm...

The nelfashee then starts to vanish into thin air.

Spoiler
    Show

Spell resistance saved the Nelfashee. He's going to teleport away, if you want to try to intercept him you gotta beat his iniative:

(1d20+5)[7]

Otherwise he simply disapears and you may resume your quest. Towards the light I presume?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

Once the demon disppears, Gunilla sighs in relief, his hand shaking. That was his trump card, to have it be brushed off just like that...

"The thing could have probably taken a few more of us down. We got lucky. It's a shame the ray didn't work though, they're said to carry diamonds"

He nudges Albert towards the fallen dwarf. In the off chance... "Which we seem to be in dire need of. The Archon called him... Hrothgar? Again, another man I couldn't really meet. It porably wouldn't have worked for him though. Perhaps a bag of holdings... they're starting to pile up."

(If no one has any last words, or if it would be deemed unsporting to take what would be useful from Hrothgar's body, I say we continue.)

8. - Top - End - #158

Oliver

"We won't need diamonds. But we do need to keep moving. As far as our mounts and feet can take us, then rest and recover. Tomorrow, or whatever passes for tomorrow in this place, I can bring her back." Oliver turns his horse towards the light and attempts to lead the way.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to do the math on how injured Oliver is, and cast some cure spells to fix that, but I may not be able to do that until tomorrow. Can I retro it if we encounter anything between now and then?

Also, anyone else injured should speak up.

9. - Top - End - #159

After the Nelfashee leaves, you seem to walk several hours whitout more incidents. It's hard to keep track of the time tough since there is only a perpetual twilight tough.

Eventually, even the hardest of you start to feel very tired(except for Azira, who is behind that) and start to feel the need to rest.

You find yourselfs in a small empty valley with some small grey bushes here and there. The light is to the north and it seems much closer now. You'll probably be able to reach it with one or two more journeys.

To the west is a hill with a dense forest of dead looking trees. To the east is a scarp with some kind of funeral temple built over it, wich seems like it could provide a good shelter. To the south is a big empty plain, from where you came.

Spoiler
    Show

Everybody: you can't go walking anymore unless you decide to do a forced march. Decide a place to set camp and whoever keeps watch.

Black: you find out the bag you stolen from the Nelfashee has an handfull of pretty looking diamonds.

Oliver:
    If you wanna patch someone up, now would be a good time to do it

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-10-24 at 12:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Nolan looks to the forest and the temple. Neither seemed like a good idea, but a solid structure that they could defend seemed a better fit.

"I beleive that the Temple would be a good place to set up for the night."
    Spoiler
    Show

Cael The Fall, The Found, The Departed New Guard
    Mr. E The Guard
    Ozzy the Otter SCIENCE!
    Zzhefan Tallymen
    Mooageddon L.O.S.E.
    Sara Martins The Found

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Black, after sticking Hrothgar's body in his bag, scouts out the forest, making sure to be extra quiet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving at half speed to use Move silently and hide, as well as invisibility.
    Black steals the Periapt of Wisdom +6 from Hrothgar dead body, and makes sure to divy out the dwarfs other meager possessions to the other's.
    He also checks if adding an item to the ghost girls body adds it to her ghost.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-10-26 at 10:16 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

"and there it goes again..." gunilla urges Albert forward, now getting used to the somber landscape. "Better then in the open, but I wouldn't say we're much better off." He shrugs. "Well, lets go anyway, I'm sure it'll know were to find us."

"Oliver, was it? You say you can bring her back without diamonds? How does that work, from my understanding those demons and some other outsiders lept the dead locked here. Those little rocks are their currency, sort of say. Don't you deal with them when you bring a sould back to a body?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gunilla and Albert both took 18 cold damage I believe.

13. - Top - End - #163

Oliver

"At a slight expense to myself."

Spoiler
    Show

I have been informed that due to the vow of poverty, Oliver can use XP instead of diamonds. Though, if someone were to offer him a diamond.....
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-10-27 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo!!!

14. - Top - End - #164

As you aproach the temple, you see it's off a really simplisitc design. Built on the side of a very large rock, it's made of bare stones put on top of each other, forming one large room with a single entrance and small holes on the walls that let some light come in. It seems it was locked with some kind of stone door, but it was somehow pulled out and now it remains cracked in the floor outside. The room itself is completely empty and should easily provide room for everybody.

Meanwhile Black, after discovering that puting or removing items from Azira's body reflects on her ghost(altough she's too apathic to notice) carefully enters the forest, becoming invisible and barely making any sound. He spots several small undead looking creatures wandering around the branches and roots of the decreptic trees, all of wich either don't notice or simply ignore the filtcher. However, the trees themselves seem to be slowly moving, reacting to Black's steps on the ground, despite all his care to go unnoticed.
    As he advances, the forest starts geting thicker and ticker. He hears ocasional howls from far away inside the forest that would surely freeze the blood of lesser individuals.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[18]

Ok, assuming Black takes 10 on his rolls.

So you stay on the temple? Decide who stays on guard duty.

Also, Vael is still in the game, she just said she won't roleplay her character untill the curse is lifted.

As for paying raise dead with exp, let's just say it's because Oliver is so holy he can fuse body and soul togheter at the expense of a little of himself.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Gunilla

"Huh... that'll be something worth seeing."

After eying the temple, Gunilla dismounts. "This'll do. I think it would be best if I refreshed. Albert can cover my shift during the watch."

16. - Top - End - #166

Besides some ocasional howls and screams from far away, you manage to get a good night of spleep whitout incidents inside the funeral temple You feel ready to keep going on your journey.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[77]
    (1d100)[64]
    (1d100)[27]