New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dreams of the Blinded

Lily Deliack

Lily, paused her uncertainty clear on her face. The diplomat seemed sincere in his offer of protection, but she knew all too well what the court could be like. Heavy enough pressures could be applied to make a person stop supporting even strong and trusted allies, and she had no connections of her own. As for the child... though Lily still didn't know the girl's name, her uncanny knowledge had worked in Lily's favor thus far. Putting on the polite expression she had cultivated for use in court, Lily faced the man and bobbed a small curtsy.

"Sir Takei, I appreciate your offer, but I think I shall decline. As you said, it may be that I shall be assumed to have fallen in the battle, and I would not wish to ruin that by being seen within the city. If you'll kindly return my sword to me, I'll take my chances elsewhere."

I assume Arjun either hands her the blade or indicates that he's coming with her. If the latter, she'll let him hold onto the blade but make him walk first both to guard him and to guard against him - she'll tell him the first reason if he asks. In either case, she then follows Ula. As long as Arjun is around and they are not in combat, she will maintain her "court mask".
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-11-02 at 01:45 AM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show