New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pranks for the Memories

Having spent the last several years in the woods, Fash was unused to keeping track of the days of the week. Unsure of what the goliath meant, he said, "Huh? What do you mean?"
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slinker follows the others obediently, hoping to fuel his unfortunate habits.

Coat? Tuesday? Man, what you been smoking? It's rags everyday for Slinker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Jormun rolled his eyes and turned around, allowing him to face the others. He walked backwards carefully, the tip of his tail swishing over the ground and sweeping pebbles away from his bare feet. "Even if coats on Tuesday had some legitimate meaning, coats are horrible inventions. Finding a functioning coat fit for wings is essentially impossible. Not that pinky fashion designed for kobolds regardless." The kobold scratched his chin for a moment before snorting in derision. "Do you have names?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Such a shame that you have problems with that attire. Being a somewhat normal humanoid myself, I think that coats are awesome! Maybe this bar will have a coat that fits me... and I'll wrestle them for it! Ha! It's brilliant!

The goliath looks into the sky, daydreaming now of the perfect size coat for his huge stature and height that may exist in their journey.

Ah, my name is Kras. What is it that you seek out of this adventure? I want a challenge! An ultimate wrestling match with a worthy opponent!
    Last edited by Swift06; 2008-09-21 at 10:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

The journey to town is actually rather quiet and short. Doesn't seem that much lives between the gnomes and the human village. The Broken Bone Inn is also rather easy to find. There's not much else in the town. A small church to a god you probably do not know and a blacksmith are the two other places of interest in this small village.

6. - Top - End - #66

Slinker walks into town with the others, and looks around, somewhat impressed.

Hey, they got a few joints popping here, reckon I'll set myself up for business!

And with that, he (deliberately) stumbles over to the front of the inn, and slumps down near the door. Whenever someone wanders past him, he raises his cupped hands to them.

Copper for a beggar? Need somewhere warm to stay for the night, an' me grannie's sick.. *hacking cough*
    You sir, are my hero.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Cobalt looks around the new town, as his attention is drawn away from Slinker he does not notice as the stranger turns to begging for money, and as such, fails to recognise him.
    As he places a gold coin into the cup he speaks in gnomish to him.
    "Do you know we are?"

8. - Top - End - #68

Slinker looks up and smiles a toothy grin.

Hey man, blessings on your shiney metal ass! I dunno what you're saying to me, but you're alright!
    You sir, are my hero.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

The warforged ***** his head.
    "Excuse me, Mr. Fash. But, do you know what this man seems to be saying?"

10. - Top - End - #70

The whisper gnome brings his palm to his face. After a long pause, Fash speaks to the warforged in the gnome tongue. "This is Slinker. Don't you remember him from the walk here? He was with us from the moment we met in that field."

Fash coughs and clears his throat before letting loose a long sigh. He really wasn't used to this much talking. Clearing his throat once more, the whisper gnome retrieves his waterskin, and is about to drink from it when he recalls having offered it to Slinker. Still able to smell the vomit and alcohol, Fash wrinkles his nostrils and returns his waterskin to his pack, making a mental note to himself to boil it later.

Turning his gaze upward, Fash examines the Broken Bone Inn, looking at the building where, hopefully, some answers could be found.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Cobalt, if he could, would have given Fash the most confused looked in the world.
    "But if he was with us in the field then how did he get here so quickly?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Kras looks around anxiously.

No pubs? No coats? What is this place?

Personally defeated, he heads to the Inn, sulking.
    Last edited by Swift06; 2008-09-23 at 02:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Slinker looks up at the goliath and smiles as he goes past.

Hey man, spare a copper for a poor beggar down on his luck? I gots a melanin imbalance an' I needs to see the healer, poor ol' me...
    You sir, are my hero.

14. - Top - End - #74

Looking from Slinker to Cobalt exasperatedly, Fash sighs and shuffles inside the inn, grumbling lowly to himself.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

To Slinker:

How do you expect me to believe that? We just walked a ways from a gnomish field together. Besides, I'd have to break a gold piece to spare a copper.

Kras follows Fash inside the inn, keeping close behind him. He makes extra sure with his steps that he doesn't trip and squash the gnome like a pancake.
    Last edited by Swift06; 2008-09-23 at 10:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Slinker shrugs as his companions walk into the inn. He's got a gold coin now, and that means a night of revelry for good ol' Slinker!

He sits around outside for another half hour, beggin as best he can for coin, before he gets bored and heads inside, grovelling from table to table.
    You sir, are my hero.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

Cobalt, simply follows into the inn. Making an attempt to trip Slinker every chance he gets.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground

Jormun ignores both Slinker and Cobalt as the group heads for the inn. He takes a moment to glance around before entering, a cursory glance to spot any apparent danger. Determining that the town seemed sleepy, Jormun simply crossed the threshold into the Broken Bone Inn and scuttled towards the bar. Jormun looks for a seat at the bar and starts to speak. "Is there a one-eyed bartender here? I think one of my companions needs a drink."

19. - Top - End - #79

As he does his rounds of the bar, getting a copper or two, perhaps an ale, or perhaps even just a boot to the ass, Slinker gets tripped over by Cobalt, and falls face first onto the floor. He rolls over, and spits out a mouth full of sawdust and dirt.

Hey man! Why'd you go and do that? I thought you were alright, but now I see you're just like The Man, trying to keep poor Slinker down!

He pulls himself up, and dusts himself off with as much dignity as a homeless bum clothed in rags can, before wandering over to the bar for a drink.

Hey, barkeep! Give me a flagon of your best ale! And by best, I mean cheapest!
    You sir, are my hero.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Kras keeps an eye out for any coats of his size, and victims to wrestle. His arms crossed and feet planted, he waits in the middle of the bar, looking around. As he scopes the scene out, each eyebrow raises in a skunk eye like manner towards the direction his head turns.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

The inn isn't very large and has a rather quaint feel to it. When you enter, there are only a few humans drinking. At the bar is a large man making drinks and glancing around. He notices as you come in and watches you intently. He does not speak as one of the serving girls walks to you and asks if you have an order.

22. - Top - End - #82

Fash nods. "Ale," he signs, and then realizes that she probably doesn't understand sign language. He clears his throat once more, and says in the Common tongue, "One ale, please."

23. - Top - End - #83

Slinker turns around after being ignored by the barkeep, sees the bar wench, and smiles a toothy grin.

Hey there, sweet thing! Can you get Slinker an ale, I gots the shinies tonight and they're burning a hole in my pocket!
    You sir, are my hero.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

The bar maid leaves and returns with ales for the table and collects the coinage as you are now free to drink and do whatever else you might have planned.