New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Pranks for the Memories

"Hands instead of mouth? OH! I think I might know one of those. Father used to give me it every time I would call him 'father'."
    Cobalt made a fist, and raised his middle finger.
    "Inquiry: What does it mean?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fash gazes at the warforged, taken completely by surprise. "Err, that's actually a rude gesture, Cobalt," Fash says, flushing slightly.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slinker starts backing away from the warforged, and stammers.

Ummm... I think you made it angry, it's a big angry metal orc-thing... maybe you should move away from it...

He seems genuinely spooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

4. - Top - End - #34

Rapidly turning to Slinker, Fash speaks in Common. "Oh, no," he assured, "he was just curious about my sign language."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-16 at 12:12 AM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

5. - Top - End - #35

Slinker slumps down again.

Man, I'm just confused. You guys go wherever you like, I'll just follow and hope that nothing eats me.
    You sir, are my hero.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Cobalt looks at his finger.
    "I do not understand. Why is it rude?"

7. - Top - End - #37

The whisper gnome continues in Gnomish. "Truth be told, it indicates disrespect. It's an insult, Cobalt."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-16 at 06:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Cobalt put his finger away.
    "Oh my. An insult? Is it a bad one?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

(So are we heading south and does anyone else plan to read their note?)

To be expanded.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Kras the goliath springs awake in an urgent and aggressive manner.

Gah! You wrestle dirty, do ya!? Well I'll just have to show you who's boss around these parts! Ya crazy old...

He takes the note pinned to his chest just out of sheer defensive instinct and wings it at the recovering drunkard, but unintentionally. Blind rage turns to confusion as his situation becomes more clear along with his consciousness. Rubbing the back of his head, he looks at everyone and takes in the situation.

11. - Top - End - #41

Slinker looks up as the note falls on his head, takes it off and looks at it upside down, then notices the goliath who threw the note there unintentionally.

Hey, it's a big mountain man-thing! Hey, Mister, I dunno why you want me to have your paper, but thanks! I got the feeling that me and nature are gonna get acquainted real soon, and this is better than trying to find a big enough leaf!

Now, if only I got the hang of writings I could see if this was important or not...
    You sir, are my hero.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

...Hey, so that was mine? What's it say, before you soil it. My name is Kras. Would you like to wrestle? Seems I was having a nightmare of some venerable old... *gasps, a look of shock across his face at the site of the gnome heading off with the goats* Gnome! Oh for God's sake this can't be happening! That little bugger had the strength of a giant!

Kras dashes in a full sprint towards the Warforged scared out of his wits. Midway, he stumbles and recovers with a somersault stopping at the Warforged's feet. Positioning himself behind him from the gnomes, he says,

Please sir, I know that you may not be as tall or strong as I am, but you have weapons! Please defend me!

Realizing that he is in no real danger or harm, Kras composes himself and acts like nothing had just happened. His arms crossed, he looks towards the two suns, making their way up.
    Last edited by Swift06; 2008-09-16 at 11:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Slinker looks at the paper, and back to the goliath.

Say? It's a piece of paper, it doesn't talk! Hey, you been drinking? Got any left? I could do with a drink, wink wink nudge nudge he says with a knowing glance.

And yes, he did just say that out loud.

Oh, hey! You mean, what's written on it? Dunno, I can't read.
    You sir, are my hero.

14. - Top - End - #44

Fash, startled by the appearance of the goliath, goes silent for several long moments. Finally, he gestures to the note. "Err, I can read it." Turning to the goliath, Fash says, "I'm not going to hurt you, Kras. You can call me Fash."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

At the sight of the goliath Cobalt begins hopping in place clapping his metal hands with delight. He speaks to Fash in the gnomish tongue.
    "OH! What's this thing? It's all grey, and purple, and gross looking."

16. - Top - End - #46

With a sigh, Fash turns again to Cobalt. He did not expect to talk this much today; already he was feeling a little hoarse.

"That is a Goliath. They're mountain folk, you see," he said in Gnome.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Cobalt processes the data.
    "Moun-ten folk?"
    He mouths the words out trying to pronounce it properly...As much as a warforged can mouth something really.
    "Like dwarves?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Do I look like a Dwarf to you? Although the dwarfs are quite a valuable race to us goliaths...

He heads over to Fash, cautiously. His steps are exactly three feet (1 meter) apart from each other, as to stabilize himself. For a moment he almost loses balance and outstretches his arms for stabilization.

I'm practicing for my tightrope walking skills. Just you wait... Now speak up and read the note so that all of us can hear! *Yelling this, he shouts the word 'hear' to the sky and reaches out upwards, creating an echo across the plains*

19. - Top - End - #49

Slinker shrugs, stands up unsteadily and wanders over to Fash, giving him the note.

Here you go, dunno what good it is, but you can have it if you want it.
    You sir, are my hero.

20. - Top - End - #50

Fash sighs and slumps his shoulders before reading the notes.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

All the notes say the same thing

the note reads:

To the south, you will see a small human village. Talk to the one eyed barkeep at the Broken Bone Inn. It must be at midnight while wearing a pink bow and juggling 4 cream pies.

The note is unsigned.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground

Jormun looks at both notes, reading them silently, and then casually tosses them over his shoulder to the breeze. He snorts roughly and continues to lead in the direction Fash had given. "Cream pies, of course. I don't need tricks to talk to stupid humans." The kobold grumbles to himself before he turns around to face the rest of the group. "You lot! We're going to this human town in the south; there is apparently a bartender we need to speak to. The note had some other, ridiculous instructions that I'm going to ignore in favor of hurting the man until he tells us whatever it is he is supposed to tell us. Gnome, translate that for the fancy golem. Who builds a talking machine that doesn't speak Common?"

23. - Top - End - #53

Slinker immediately perks up

A barkeeper? That means that there's a bar, and that means... no, no, I should stay calm. Gotta do this one step at a time.

Lead the way boss!
    You sir, are my hero.

24. - Top - End - #54

"We're apparently supposed to head south, to a tavern in a human settlement," Fash explains to Cobalt in Gnomish, "at least, according to the notes we were given."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

Cobalt looks at Fash a moment, or was he looking through him, pondering the new information?
    "What do you suppose for?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

A bar, eh? There's many drunks that would gamble in favor of me for a good match in the ring. I crave to submit some idiot who has had too much training with the bottle and not enough with their hands! We must be off!

The steadfast goliath begins traveling north, as his excitement for competition has clearly overcome his already weak sense of direction... After a few moments of prancing clumsily about, he stops to get his bearings.

Or is south the other direction? It is no wonder I am alone... *Sad, pouty face*
    Last edited by Swift06; 2008-09-19 at 12:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

"I suppose we'll get more information when we get there." Gesturing to the goliath, he says, "Don't worry, I'm sure it's this way. The whisper gnome then points south.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-19 at 08:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

So it's settled. We head south, even under these extremely odd circumstances...

29. - Top - End - #59

"For now, anyway."

Fash adjusts his leather vambraces as he begins walking south.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Kras accompanies Fash, and strikes up conversation for their trek south of unknown distance.

It's Tuesday today, did you bring your coat?