New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust (Game on!)

Advent Children 3 - Burmecia or Bust!

Narrators - Banjo, Fin

I’ve made so much trouble for everyone. ...
    No matter how hard I try….
    I'm always a step behind in everything...
    I'm so helpless....

”Mother, I think we have a new soul for you…”

Story

Spoiler
    Show
    Yazoo turned his vacant eyes on his big brother, mother’s favourite…the dark angel Sephiroth. He pointed past his big brother with a pale finger to a blue-tinged planet far off into space.

”There.”

Sephiroth sighed with relief inside. He was certain they would find another special soul to empower Jenova’s guttering strength, but it was good to have it confirmed. The flaming comet of a planet they were riding was on its way out, Jenova’s dwindling reserves not enough to keep the tortured ball of rock and metal together.

”A name?”

Yazoo stared intently at the far off world for a long time before answering.

”The world is Gaia. The souls name is Princess Garnet; it also seems to answer to Dagger. The world is troubled and fractured, it will pose no threat to us.”

Kadaj and Loz looked towards Gaia in anticipation. Sephiroth could see the yearning in their eyes. It was only natural; they hadn’t killed for a long time.

”We go to Gaia brother? A new planet for our travels?”
    ”A new soul for Mother? She looks so weak now….”

Sephiroth placed a comforting hand on his brother’s shoulder, a rare show of affection.

”Don’t cry Loz. Yes a new planet, and this Dagger will be a new soul for Mother Jenova. All will be well brothers. Soon we will play…and Gaia will suffer as we once did.”

Sephiroth smiled in the eternal twilight of their ruined planetary vessel and sent the message to Jenova. Slowly the comet began to turn towards the lonely little planet and head towards it, much slower than it had been. Sephiroth was glad another soul was so near, Jenova was getting woefully weak. Soon her power would not even be great enough to move the burning chunk of rock they called home.

”But now all will be well…..”

Princess Dagger sat with Steiner in Treno square, all the worlds problems weighing down upon her.

”I’m not sure I can do this…”

Steiner looked at Dagger with concern, only to have it amplified by the tormented look on her face.

”Your majes-Dagger I mean, why are you so down. Don’t tell me you are still missing that simian thief?”
    ”I’m sorry Steiner…I just think we’d have been safer staying with Zidane, Vivi and the others. I know you’d protect me with you life, but that wouldn’t be enough if Mother found us.”

Steiner sighed. This was the third time he’d had to explain his plan.

”But Princess, that insufferable Zidane is a wanted criminal. We are safer and less likely to be found if we are far away from him. All we need to do is obtain safe passage to Lindblum by airship, then you will be safe with your uncle, Regent Cid…and I may be able to sleep soundly again.”

Dagger didn’t answer, instead looking back up at the sky. She couldn’t let Steiner find out that she actually liked Zidane, that she felt a different kind of safe when he was around. He was a little rough around the edges sure but-

There was something new in the sky.

”Steiner…do you see that up there?”
    ”Indeed Princess, I mean Dagger. It looks like a shooting star.”
    ”Steiner, shooting stars don’t get bigger that quickly. It’s heading this way, and fast…I have a bad feeling about this. C’mon, we should get out of here, now.”
    ”But your majesty…”
    ”Adelbert Steiner! We are leaving right now, is that clear?”
    ”Yes, your majesty.”

The Remnants flaming comet caused widespread panic across Gaia, even before it drifted into a frightfully close orbit. There were sighs of relief when the comet came to a stop still high above the sleepy towns and cities of the civilised lands. The Remnants make them turn to screams soon enough.

The Remnants didn’t take Squall and Rinoa’s planet for their last victory trophy; they took its blood red moon.

Shortly after the flaming crimson moon stops short of Gaia, surviving witnesses report a strange pulse emitting from its ruined surface and washing over the planet. Instantly, the creatures of Gaia all went crazy. Lindblum, Alexandria, Burmecia, Cleyra, Dali…all come under a surprise attack from hordes of strangely altered natural beasts. Queen Brahne’s military arm reacts quickly, saving the city from major damage, but the other cities have a harder time fighting off such a surprise attack. All in all it immediately sends Gaia into absolute chaos…allowing the Remnants to make their entrance quietly. Before Dagger, they’ve identified another soul they can turn to their needs…

Lani….Mother has a job for you…..”

”Where do these things keep coming from?!”
    ”Leave it Vivi, just stop them from breaching the gate!”

Zidane sliced another Dendrobrium in two and retreated towards Dali. The monsters hadn’t managed to get through Tantalus’ hastily conceived barricade yet, but they seemed intent on trying. Zidane shouted more encouragement at Vivi as they ran for the village walls. Dagger was probably safer out of this. Still, it would have been nice of her to tell them that she and Rusty were going…

A violent shove knocked Zidane out of his reverie. Baku gave a hurry motion with his free hand and laughed out loud.

”C’mon boy! No time to mopin’ around, these overgrown daffodils aint gonna kill themselves!”

Blank slowed to a trot, then stopped.

”Boss, they’re all retreating.”
    ”Well I’ll be…what’s going on here?!”

Zidane looked up to the flaming sphere in the sky; that was causing this he was sure. Either Queen Brahne had upped the ante, or there was something even worse afoot.

Queen Brahne relaxed in Alexandria Palace, Beatrix at her side. Tonight had been interesting indeed, but the cause of it troubled her. Anyone who could stir Gaia’s beasts into such a violent state was a threat to her.

”Beatrix, do you think Kuja is trying to betray me?”
    ”I doubt it Queen Brahne. Kuja has a particular…style, which doesn’t seem to be present here.”
    ”I trust Thorn and Xorn are in action already?”
    ”Indeed my Queen.”
    ”Splendid! I do hope they find Garnet soon. It is not safe for her to be out on her own with all this going on. Better if she came back here, so that I could harness the Eidolon power inside of her…I mean, make sure she doesn’t get hurt.”
    ”You don’t have to pretend with me Queen Brahne. I am fully aware of your plans.”
    ”Of course…that snivelling little brat of a child will regret the day she ever ran away from me. Her power will be mine, even if I have to kill her for it….especially if I have to kill her for it….”

Kuja stood at the entrance to Conde Petit. The monsters had come here too, and slaughtered the whole settlement. Kuja had found that kind of amusing, especially when the weird little people begged him for help. He’d cut him down and joined in, slaying monsters and civilians alike, until nothing was left.

”Oh dear, I don’t know what came over me. It must be that dreadful comet in the sky…whoever’s up there must be one evil son of a bitch.”

Kuja stretched his katana up to the sky and screamed at the comet, giggling as he did so. He’d just seen that one of the corpses of the ugly little people looked like it was doing a headstand…but it had no head! He found it hilarious.

”Comet! I don’t know what you are, but you are wonderful! Help me watch Gaia burn! I do so love the flames…the pretty….pretty….flames…..”

Kuja stood watching the comet for some time. It really was the most dreadfully beautiful thing he had ever seen. The exact colour of blood….

And so it came to pass that all the major players were there to see what the comet did next. Even ‘I Want to be Your Canary’ didn’t have such a convenient coincidence. Everyone heard it at once, the sound wave coming from the comet. The voice was soft, calm…and clearly evil.

”Greetings citizens of Gaia. We seek the one you call Dagger, and we will kill each and every one of you to find her…”

Roles

The Remnants (Werewolves)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Remnants have decamped on a new planet, but this time out of choice. Jenova’s power grows weak, and she requires another special soul to enervate her guttering light. The Remnants are after Dagger, the planet, and Queen Brahne and Kuja who dare to stand against them.

Win Conditions

The Remnants win when they reduce the amount of survivors down to equal their number. If they successfully kill Dagger while Sephiroth still lives they gain an extra night kill at a 50% success rate. Remnants can no longer recruit.

Sephiroth (Alpha)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sephiroth is the twisted leader of Jenova’s Remnants, and it’s his responsibility to find Dagger and take her soul to revive ‘Mother’. Sephiroth is an incredibly skilled combatant, and uses the strange sway he can hold over people to his advantage. Sephiroth’s points count as double for the purposes of lynching. If he still lives when Dagger is killed the Remnants gain a second night kill at a 50% success rate. As a drawback of this, he scries as the Remnant Alpha from the point of Daggers death onward.
    Sephiroth can kill encounters tied to three elements, and he originally scries as a Civilian.

Kadaj (Marksman)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kadaj is young and headstrong, and craves the love of ‘Mother’ over all other things. He secretly craves to be her favourite son, but knows that he could never best Sephiroth in straight combat. Kadaj can interfere with combat each day phase in one of the following ways:
    - Randomise the element of the creature attacking
    - Prevent abilities being gained by defeating the encounter
    - Steal the gil that the monster would grant if defeated
    - Take the place of whoever is facing the encounter
    The last is a last resort power, used mainly to save one of his brothers from death. If more than one monster is being faced then Kadaj can only affect one of them. Please note that Kadaj must state his request by PM in the previous night phase, meaning that he has already made his decision before people are nominated or the monster chosen.
    Kadaj can kill encounters tied to two elements, and he scries as a Remnant.

Yazoo (Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yazoo is the most thoughtful and perceptive of the Remnants, preferring to hang back and watch while his brothers put on a show of strength. While he is physically quite weak, the Remnants are often thankful of the little bits of insight his heightened perceptions can bring. Yazoo can scry one target per night to identify their role. Whenever someone defeats an encounter you also receive the name of one element they cannot defeat.
    Yazoo can kill encounters tied to just one element, and he scries as the Remnant Devil.

Loz (Brute)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Loz is a overbearing powerhouse, pure and simple. Very simple in fact, but he is effective as the Remnants muscle, his skills against a variety of encounters is amazing.
    Loz can kill random encounters tied to three elements, and he scries as a Remnant.

Lani (Remnant Baner)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lani and Amarant used to be partners in crime, but when Amarant sided with Princes Dagger Lani went solo, actually working against Amarant to bring the princess back into Queen Brahne’s clutches. But Lani failed too many times, and Queen Brahne turned to…less obvious measures, leaving Lani with no employer, and no purpose. That’s when the Remnants found her. They had no trouble turning her weak mind to their needs, and she willingly took on the spark of Jenova’s guttering essence that they offered her. Now she works as a bodyguard for Sephiroth and the other Remnants, her mind a broken ruin.
    Lani can kill encounters tied to two elements, and scries as the Remnant Baner.

Queen Brahne’s Entourage (Tricksters)

Spoiler
    Show
    Queen Brahne is the tyrannical ruler of Alexandria and the mother of Dagger. Since Dagger was born she has been waiting for her to turn 16 and realise the power of the Eidolon’s she holds within her, which the Queen fully intended to exploit for her own uses and plans to dominate the world. Then, on Dagger’s sixteenth birthday the Remnants strike, forcing Dagger into hiding, even from her own mother. This will not stand! Queen Brahne and her trusted entourage will bide their time and wait for the Remnants to burn themselves out, then Daggers power will be ripe for the taking.

Win Conditions

Queen Brahne’s entourage win if they outlive the Remnants and Dagger still lives. At this point Dagger returns home and the Queen can use the power of the Eidolon within her to dominate the entire continent. If Dagger dies then a partial victory can be achieved by having at least one member survive to see the last Remnant put to rest.

Queen Brahne (Controller)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Queen Brahne is the power hungry leader of Alexandria. Eager to douse the Remnant threat and increase put herself in the ascendancy; Brahne puts her wide reaching powers of persuasion and intimidation into action to ensure her eventual victory. Each night Brahne can send a PM to the narrators, targeting two players to control their next point. No matter who they point at, they will actually count as pointing at whoever Brahne wants. Brahne can assign different points to each target or make them both point at the same person. There will be no obvious way telling whose point is controlled, and they themselves will not be aware of it.
    Queen Brahne can kill random encounters tied to just one element, and she scries as Brahne’s Entourage.

Beatrix (Brute Turncoat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beatrix is a lifelong servant in Queen Brahne’s female military wing, and now leads the whole military. However, her loyalties are not clear cut, and the death of Queen Brahne could alter her perceptions. If at any point Beatrix is the last remaining member of Queen Brahne’s Entourage, she can join Tantalus and become Dagger’s second protector if she still lives. If Dagger is already dead then Beatrix just retains her old victory condition of trying to survive.
    Beatrix can kill random encounters tied to three elements, and she scries as Brahne’s Entourage.

Thorn (Disguiser)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thorn is nominally one of Queen Brahne’s court jesters, but he actually serves the Queen in more sinister ways as a spy and mischief maker. Each night Thorn can target a player and change what they scry as for that night and the next day phase.
    Thorn can kill random encounters linked to just one element, and he scries as a Jester.

Xorn (Voider)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xorn serves as a court jester and spy for the Queen just like his twin brother. Each night Xorn can target a player and nullify their night action for that night phase. He cannot prevent the Remnants kill action, but he can prevent banes scries, gil transfers, item transfers and thievery attempts.
    Xorn can kill random encounters linked to just one element, and he scries as a Jester.

Tantalus & the Resistance (Villagers)

Spoiler
    Show
    The civilians of Gaia are an overburdened populace. Under threat from Queen Brahne’s relentless oppression and dominance, it’s almost a relief that the Remnants now threaten the status quo. Dagger now hides amongst the populace, and Tantalus will protect her with all they have. Dagger has some powerful friends, but whether it will be enough to protect her from both the Remnants and her mother remains to be seen. For the sake of Gaia….it better be.

Win Conditions

Tantalus and the civilians win if they defeat all the Remnants and Queen Brahne’s Entourage. They score a complete victory if Dagger is alive at the end of the game.

Zidane (Mason Alpha)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zidane is a skilled thief and member of Tantalus who has curtailed his restless spirit in order to help protect Princess Dagger from her adoptive mother and the other forces out to get her. Now Princess Dagger has gone into hiding, and Zidane knows Tantalus has to find her before anyone else does, both for the good of Gaia and for the feelings hidden within his heart. As Tantalus’ most skilled member, Zidane has abilities that fluctuate in power, depending on the number of other Tantalus members remain.
    4 – A poison action every night
    3 – A steal action each night
    2 – A disguise action every two nights
    1 – Nothing
    0 – Self Destruct (Zidane kills himself to deal 100hp of damage to a target)
    Zidane can kill encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as Tantalus.

Tantalus (Masons)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baku, Marcus, Blank & Ruby are the remaining members of Tantalus, the group of honourable thieves that originally planned to kidnap Princess Dagger, only for the Remnants to strike! Tantalus know each other to be trustworthy, and that both the Remnants and Queen Brahne need to be stopped for life to go on. Tantalus are essentially a group of civilians that know each other. They provide Zidane with abilities depending on the number of them that remain.
    Each Tantalus member can kill encounters linked to two elements, and they all scry as Tantalus.

Regent Cid (Baner)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regent Cid is the leader of Lindblum, a peaceful city under pressure from Queen Brahne to swear fealty. He is also Daggers uncle, and has been turned into an oglop by his wife as a punishment for his amorous advances on younger women. Regent Cid can protect one target per night from Remnant attack, and this also prevents the target being scried, though void and disguise actions are still effective.
    Regent Cid can kill random encounters linked to just one element, and he scries as the Baner.

Freya (Seer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freya is a former knight of Burmecia who now travels the world searching for her lost love. Her travels have taught her many things, and she is an expert at identifying peoples true intentions. Freya can scry one target per night to determine their role.
    Freya can kill encounters linked to two elements, and she scries as the Seer/Fool, except to Cinna, who will always scry her as the Fool.

Princess Dagger (Lynchpin)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagger has the power of the royal Eidolon Alexander inside of her, and as such she is a target for both the Remnants and Queen Brahne. She just has to stay unnoticed and hope that the Queen and the Remnants take each other out before they find her. Steiner is her faithful bodyguard and will protect her with his life, something that is of some small comfort to her. If she cant defeat an encounter she is chosen to face she always knows that Steiner is ready to secretly take her place. If the Remnants kill Dagger they gain an extra night kill at a 50% success rate.
    Dagger can kill encounters linked to just one element, and she scries as Dagger/Steiner.

Steiner (Protector)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steiner used to be the leader of Queen Brahne’s male wing of knights, but now his only goal is to protect Dagger in this dangerous time. If Dagger is chosen to face an encounter she can’t defeat, Steiner will secretly take her place, dying if need be to protect her. If Dagger is targeted by the Remnants Steiner will die instead, taking out a random Remnant in the process.
    Steiner can kill encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as Dagger/Steiner.

Eiko (Fake Lynchpin)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eiko is Daggers sister, the one sibling Daggers real mother was able to escape with when disaster struck their homeland many years ago. She also has the power of Eidolons within her, but she is not the special soul the Remnants seek. Her special friend Mog will destroy anyone who harms her. If Eiko is lynched or night-killed, Mog will kill one person at random responsible for her death.
    Eiko can kill encounters linked to two elements, and she scries as Dagger/Steiner.

Vivi (Buffer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vivi is a black mage, made as a prototype by Queen Brahne for her armies of mages that she now abuses to further her own power. Vivi can cast powerful magic, helping him to protect Dagger and his friends and confuse the people that would do them harm.
    Vivi has a choice of 4 abilities, and he must use each one once before he can use an ability a second time. Vivi has:
    - a bane
    - a disguise
    - a poison
    - a void
    Vivi can kill encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as Vivi.

Cinna (Fool)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cinna is an idiot and was thrown out of Tantalus for being a complete liability. Still, he thinks he’s better than he is, and will try to help against the Remnants as best he can. Cinna will be told he is Freya, and can scry just like the seer, but his scry results will be random, though he will always scry Freya as the Fool.
    Cinna can kill encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as the Seer/Fool.

Civilians
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are just everyday people caught up in the Remnants attack and the Queen’s lust for power. All evil factions need to be defeated for you to be able to live in peace. Whether a native of Alexandria, Lindblum, Cleyra or Burmecia, you need to help uncover these threats and see them defeated.
    A civilian can kill encounters linked to one element, and scries as a Civilian.

Loose Cannons (Neutrals)

Spoiler
    Show
    These individuals are lone wolves, each with their own particular goals. All seek to better their own position, and care about the Remnant conflict only so much as it affects them.

Win Conditions

Stiltskin wins if whichever side he aligns himself to achieves their win condition and he still lives.
    Kuja wins if he has killed or helped to kill two of Sephiroth, Queen Brahne and Zidane and survives until the end.
    Quina wins if he/she has learnt a single-use ability from every encounter element and survives until the end.
    Amarant wins if he survives until the end of the game with more gil than any other survivor.

Stiltskin (The Prier)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stiltskin is a travelling moogle that see’s everywhere and everything. When someone defeats an encounter, Stiltskin automatically identifies one of the following at random:
    - The encounter elements they can defeat
    - Whether their role is good, evil, or neutral
    - Whether they have any items and how much gil they currently have
    Stiltskin begins the game unaligned but his information is useful to any other side in the game. During the game, if Stiltskin decides to align himself with a group he must PM the narrators so that they know his win condition. Stiltskin can align himself with anyone or no-one, even a fellow neutral role if he wishes.
    Stiltskin can kill encounters linked to just one element, and he scries as Stiltskin.

Kuja (Wildcard)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kuja is an insane pretty boy from another dimension who wants to se Gaia burn just as much as the Remnants do. Thing is, it’s the flair that counts, and the Remnants just don’t understand. Kuja will teach them, and all the other prominent figures in the world, and will stand at the head of Gaia’s new world order.
    Kuja has a choice of 5 abilities, and he must use each one once before he can choose to use an ability a second time. Kuja has:
    - a night kill
    - a control
    - a poison
    - a scry
    - a steal
    Note that all Kuja’s abilities are aggressive; he wants to see the world die and to hell with caution. Kuja must have a hand in killing the leader of two of the three factions to be victorious.
    Kuja can kill random encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as Kuja.

Quina (Blue Mage)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quina is a gourmande, a simple race of people that like nothing better than catching frogs and eating them. But the Remnant attack has put a stop to that, so Quina has gone out into the world to find more satisfying things to eat.
    Quina starts off with no abilities. Each time an encounter defeats another player, Quina eats the monster at the end of the combat and learns the single use ability it contains. She can use it if she wishes, but she must hold abilities from all six encounter elements at the end of the game to win.
    Quina can kill random encounters linked to just one element, and she scries as the Blue Mage.

Amarant (Thief)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amarant is a thug and a thief pure and simple. This Remnant attack is just another opportunity to make off with some gold and live the good life, as long as the Remnants are defeated eventually. Money’s not much good when the whole world is aflame. Amarant can steal from one target each night phase, taking an item if they have one, otherwise all the gil they have. Amarant can use items or trade them in for half their value in gil from the Moogle Catalogue. He just needs to survive and make money to win the game.
    Amarant can kill random encounters linked to two elements, and he scries as the Thief.

Elements & Encounters

Spoiler
    Show
    Elements are a big part of a magical world like Gaia, and they affect everyone and everything on the planet, including the vicious monsters that regularly threaten civilised areas.

Encounters

There are 12 different encounters in this iteration of Advent Children, each tied to one of 6 elements. Players are able to defeat encounters based on their element, and the elements they can defeat will be chosen by them at the start of the game.

Elements
    Earth
    Wind
    Fire
    Water
    Plant
    Dark

Encounters
    Adamantoise (Earth)
    Blazer Beetle (Earth)
    Zuu (Wind)
    Garuda (Wind)
    Bomb (Fire)
    Red Dragon (Fire)
    Shahagin (Water)
    Gigan Octopus (Water)
    Mandragora (Plant)
    Dendrobrium (Plant)
    Behemoth (Dark)
    Chimera (Dark)

At the beginning of each day at least one encounter will attack civilians somewhere on Gaia, determined randomly from the above list.

Rather than voting to lynch someone, people point during the day to nominate someone to face the current encounter. If they can kill that element of encounter then they survive and stay in the game, losing HP in the process, if not they die and their role is made public knowledge. Note that Kadaj’s ability may change the element of any creature being faced with no prior warning.

HP
    Players can no longer face down monster after monster without a scratch. When a player is victorious in a fight, they will suffer between 50-100hp in damage. When a player hits 0hp, they will die, even if they could normally defeat the encounter they are facing. There are also items and abilities that can steal hp from players, so keeping an eye on your hp is especially important.

All players start the game with 150hp. Potion items cannot raise a players hp above this initial level.

Abilities

A player that defeats an encounter gains a one-shot ability based on the element of the encounter defeated. A player can only have one of these abilities at a time, except for Quina who must try and collect all six. These abilities can only be used once, but can be used during any night phase. Abilities, unlike gil and items, cannot be transferred between players.

Earth – Mask of Winters –A disguise action usable only on self.
    Wind – White Wind – A night bane on a single target.
    Fire – Mustard Bomb – A control action on a single target.
    Water – Aqua Breath – A scry only effective on a player currently facing an encounter.
    Plant – Matra Magic – Targets one player and makes them vulnerable to one element they could once defeat.
    Dark – Bad Breath – Mixes up a players encounter elements randomly.

A victorious player also receives a randomly determined amount of gil, which they can use to purchase items in the Moogle Mail Order Catalogue, though they must beware that Amarant/ Kuja could steal both gil and items at any time.

On days where there are two or more random encounters, the two people with the most votes will face the first and second listed encounters respectively.

It is allowable to nominate yourself to face an encounter, though the wisdom in doing so is rather more questionable than previously.

The Moogle Mail Order Catalogue

Spoiler
    Show
    Each player will start with an amount of gil, the currency of Gaia. This amount will be determined by the player’s role and performance in previous Advent Children games. (Sorry Goof, I stole your mechanic! ) Players that successfully defeat an encounter will also be rewarded with gil.

Gil can be used to purchase items from the Moogle Mail Order Catalogue, a rapid delivery service run by the Mail Moogle, Artemecian. Artemecian is fast, but he’s not perfect, so items take between 0 and 3 days to be delivered, though if it takes 3 days to arrive the embarrassed Moogle will give you a 50% discount!

Between ordering an item and it arriving, anything may befall the prospective owner. So the player who put in the mail order can PM the narrators a contingency plan, stating who they want the item to be delivered to should they die before its arrival.

A player can only have one item in their possession at any time. Spare items can be transferred or discarded. Amarant can also return them back to Artemecian for half their actual value in gil.

Items can be transferred at any time, through PM to the narrators. This cannot be done anonymously. Gil cannot be transferred.

Items

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Item|Description|Cost
    Potion|Heals 50hp when used. This cannot be used as a last minute thing to save yourself in an encounter|5
    Hi-Potion|Heals to maximum HP when used|12
    Remedy|Protects you from being poisoned the next time you are targeted|5
    Dead Pepper|Like catnip for Chocobo’s, but not ideal for anyone else. The pepper deals 25-75Hp of damage to one target, to a minimum of 1hp|5
    Dark Matter|This unique piece of intergalactic malevolence harms the whole of Gaia just by its presence. When purchased Dark Matter activates automatically at the end of that phase, inflicting 50hp of damage on every player remaining in the game, to a minimum of 1hp|20
    Osmose Powder|This power sapping powder is poison with added benefits. It deals only 25-50hp damage to the target, but the one doing the poisoning gains that much Hp back to their own total, up to the maximum of 150hp|8
    Une's Mirror|This nifty little artefact is only useful when someone scries you. It reflects their power back on them, giving you their role instead, while they get nothing more than Helgraf-patented interference! One use only|8
    Magical Fingertip|Pull my finger! No really! This mummified fingertip can ascertain one targets role before crumbling to dust|5
    Black Mage 2A|One of the strange mute servitors created from the Mist of the Lifa Tree, this guy will protect you from harm once only, like your own personal redshirt. He’ll take a poison, night kill, or day lynch for you just once, then he is destroyed|10
    Kupo Nut|Moogle's love Kupo Nuts, and Artemacian is no exception. The next item the holder of the Kupo nut buys will reach them immediately|3
    Superslick|As Kupo Nut, but applies to all items the holder buys|8
    Oielvert Trust Fund|You’ve managed to stow away your Gil in this dangerous old ruin, preventing it from being stolen once. However, all items you buy take one extra day to get to you while Artemecian risks life and limb to retrieve his payment. Note that you will get a discount if the item takes 4 days to deliver in this case, rather than three|4
    Mini Brahne|This cute little plushie is not just a doll. At night it can come to life once and steal all the gil the stated target has, returning it to its master. Usable once only|4
    Aloha T-Shirt|Why are you wearing a Hawaiian shirt in this weather?! Well, it provides you with an income of 3 Gil per day from people who think you need to but some warmer clothes. For that it’s worth being cold! |8
    Save the Queen |Beatrix’s sword has turned up on the Mail Order system. This horrific blade will kill a target during the night phase before leaving the owner and returning to the catalogue. Beatrix’s spirit will live on|15
    Phoenix Pinion |This fiery force of nature binds with its owner, sharing its spirit. When its owner dies the Phoenix spirit lashes out and kills one player at random that was responsible for the death|15
    Moonstone|This small white stone can be used to change an encounter to a randomly determined element once only|5
    Excalibur II |This incredibly powerful sword destroys the next encounter, saving whoever is facing it. Unfortunately it destroys the gil and ability from it too. Anyone can play this item, not just the player that is facing an encounter|12
    Doga’s Artefact |This strange uneven lump of metal can be used to sap the power of one target, leaving them unable to use any abilities they have for that night phase. Usable once only|5
    Ribbon|It’s amazing how much a little pink ribbon can change someone’s appearance. The ribbon can be used to disguise the user as someone else for one night, fooling all scry attempts|5
    Griffin’s Heart |This artefact see’s into the bodies of others, showing telltale signs of stress and exhaustion that aren’t outwardly visible. The holder of the Heart can scan one target per night to see how many HP they have remaining|6
    [/table]

Other Rules

Spoiler
    Show
    Days will last 48-72 hours, Nights will last 24-48 hours.

Autolynches will occur after two consecutive days of inactivity.

Helgraf’s scry interference rule will be in effect for this game.

Your knowledge of Final Fantasy games, or Final Fantasy 9 in particular, will have no bearing on your involvement in this game.

Night 13 is underway and ends on Thursday morning (GMT)

Surviving Players 9/40

Aemoh - Killed by the Remnants Night 5 - Freya
    Almighty Salmon
    Ariko
    Atreyu the Masked Llama
    Blue Umbrella - Killed by an Adamantoise Day 5 - Civilian
    Catseye2121 - Killed by the Remnants Night 10 - Stiltzskin
    Cristo Meyers - Killed by Bomb Day 13 - Dagger
    Cult of the Raven - Killed by Shahagin Day 8 - Civilian
    Dallas-Dakota
    Dragoon - Killed by Dendrobrium Day 13 - Quina
    Emperor DemonkingKilled by the Remnants Night 1 - Beatrix
    FFFanboy - Killed by Chimera Day 10 - Steiner
    Fleeing Coward - Killed by a Behemoth Day 2 - Civilian
    Freshmeat - Killed by the Remnants Night 3 - Baku
    GAThraawn - Killed by the Remnants Night 11 - Cinna
    Griever - Killed by the Remnants Night 9 - Regent Cid
    Hap Hazard - Killed by a Dragon Day 6 - Civilian
    Helgraf - Killed by Gigan Octupi Day 12 - Civilian
    Hero 1.0 - Killed by the Remnants Night 4 - Civilian
    Istari - Killed by Zuu Day 9 - Civilian
    Lamech
    Malmagor Andrigal
    Mechafox - Killed by Kuja Night 6 - Ruby
    Moon Called - Killed by the Remnants Night 6 - Blank
    Mordokai - Killed by Mandragora Day 7 - Lani
    Murska
    Mustiado - Killed by the Remnants Night 12 - Civilian
    Numberfourteen - Autolynched Day 8 - Amarant
    Raldor/ The Valiant Turtle - Killed by Kuja Night 12 - Marcus
    Ranna - Killed by Zuu Day 10 - Civilian
    Recaiden - Killed by the Remnants Night 7 - Vivi
    Reinholdt - Killed by the Remnants Night 8 - Queen Brahne
    Saint Nil - Killed by Save the Queen Night 12 - Zidane
    Shadow - Killed by a Blazer Beetle Day 3 - Loz
    Shadowcaller - Killed by the Remnants Night 2 - Xorn
    Stu42 - Autolynched Day 2 - Civilian
    The Bushranger - Killed by a Dragon Day 6 - Civilian
    Uncle Festy - Killed by Red Dragon Day 11 - Thorn
    V.Z.
    Vampiric
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-11-19 at 09:10 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Fina; Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust (Recruiting)

In, with Debacles!

I would also happily co-narrate instead if you would like banjo! It might keep me out of debacle based trouble. Let me know.
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-09-15 at 10:53 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Third time's got to be the charm!

IN!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Must...join...good...game (attack of the FF zombies!)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sign me up.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

You already knew it but I'm totally in anyway.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #8

Sweet! I played in the last two, let's make it three!

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

In with. Yeah for FF games.
    Also whats poison exactly?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

In.
    *counts in how many WW games he is*
    *cringes*

In anyway....

Can´t resist...the awesome...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

In, with cupcakes!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

12. - Top - End - #12

i'm in. hopefully i won't get baner role again...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm definitely in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #14

I want to point at Griever!!!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I want to point at Griever!!!
    I sense a great need to point at me from you. However, you must realize that by pointing at me, you are only pointing at yourself.

I am nothing but a construct of those around me, and therefore they can be reflected in me for others to see. So, naturally, it only goes to follow that you would want to point at me to prevent people from seeing that you have no actual reflection as (dun dun DUNNNNN) a were-llama. (It is a well known fact that werewolf + llama = vampire)

Or... you could just be randomly wanting to point at me... either way, I like your hat.
    -TF2 Medic

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

In with, since Fin didn't bring it, cake! *hopes to be able to keep track of three WW games*
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Abso-frickin'-lootely in.

I've been waiting for this for a while.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Yeah, I'm all over this one.

Each player will start with an amount of gil, the currency of Gaia. This amount will be determined by the player’s role and performance in previous Advent Children games. (Sorry Goof, I stole your mechanic! ) Players that successfully defeat an encounter will also be rewarded with gil.
    So, err, do I earn some extra gil for being on the winning team and for helping narrate later? ;)
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-09-15 at 01:42 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

In as Vincent you have no idea how much you have dommed yourself to being corrected by my blantant fanyboy knowldge.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    In as Vincent you have no idea how much you have dommed yourself to being corrected by my blantant fanyboy knowldge.
    You know, just a quick early reminder, but unless you actually plan on RPing a history obsessed nitpicker, correcting the narration and flavor art of the narrator of what is quickly becoming a staple, if not a favorite of WW players all over is just going to get you lynched early and often, right?

Also, Vincent isn't canon for IX. I assumed you knew that though.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    So, err, do I earn some extra gil for being on the winning team and for helping narrate later? ;)
    How about we just lynch you on day one instead?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    You know, just a quick early reminder, but unless you actually plan on RPing a history obsessed nitpicker, correcting the narration and flavor art of the narrator of what is quickly becoming a staple, if not a favorite of WW players all over is just going to get you lynched early and often, right?

Also, Vincent isn't canon for IX. I assumed you knew that though.
    I knew what genration it was, but Sephie, adn the loser remnants were invovled so I assumed FF 7 chars were okay.
    Also I'm not going to pull a uber' Fanboy, and correct everythign he does. I KNOW thats bad ju ju. Althou8gh in this game people are proly just gonna lynch me becuase of my name.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Think I'll rp Auron this time around.

After all, Auron > Sephiroth, and I have to get back at Sephy for stabbing me through the heart after spitting his own blood into my face after I impaled him... ahh, good times, good times.
    -TF2 Medic

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    Think I'll rp Auron this time around.

After all, Auron > Sephiroth, and I have to get back at Sephy for stabbing me through the heart after spitting his own blood into my face after I impaled him... ahh, good times, good times.
    Griever... was not the last FF game your first WW game? I can't remember you playing earlier... Or is my memory just mixed up like always?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Griever... was not the last FF game your first WW game? I can't remember you playing earlier... Or is my memory just mixed up like always?
    You are very correct. I created this account about 12 or so hours after sign ups for AC 2 closed, so I was put on the waiting list and ended up taking the place of an auto-lynched villager.

Truth be told, AC 2 was the reason I created the account in the first place, so I could play.
    -TF2 Medic

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

I must play of course.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

I swear it turtle back, if you end up as Yazoo again, I'm either eating my galoshes or dying from laughter.

*watches as Raldor *accidentally* gets Yazoo role*
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2008-09-15 at 03:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Repeating : In.

But thise time : In, as Atreyu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to get so many signups so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Also whats poison exactly?
    Poison is a night action that saps between 25 & 50hp from the target. It can't kill a target, but it can leave them on 1hp. There are exceptions to this, they'll be explained on the item list when I post them.

FF Fanboy - Roleplaying Vincent is fine, he was roleplayed in the first game and died Day 2.

However, I must warn you that my games are anything but cannon, that's why the Remnants have streaked through the worlds of FF7 and 8 so far, and now they're onto 9. I take some horrific liberties of the licence for the sake of my narrations, so I'd get used to them.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust (Recruiting)

In!

Also, I'd like to express interest in the co-narrator slot, if you're still looking. I haven't done co-narration, but I can learn.

Dwagons!

V is SO AWESOME.