New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Many Meetings. (Party time!)

Dravick's performance is probably a bit too good for this crowd of mostly sailors from the nearby docks and servants and workers serving the old money families from round the old town center. This is a two drink minimum kind of joint. Lots of enthusiasm for both Dravick and Victor's playing.

Are they the band then?

Which one's Kata d'you think?

Let me buy you a.....

I've never heard that one before. So the dodge is really dead?

Good riddance!

That's no story. That's all true that. They're the guild.

Durx and most of the other Cougars are here with Matthew. Perhaps they were standing there for a little while listening to the story. There's a lot of milling around. Another round of introductions. Fin makes sure that Kate meets Matthew and Balthazar, the two other Guild wizards.

Matthew, laughing:
    Senior Wizard. Remember I signed on with the guild second only to Vlax!

Vlax:
    Ha. That seems a long time ago suddenly, lad.

Matthew:
    So what's been happening while we were all gone? What's the news? Uhoh. Fin, Vlax and Kyte (where is he anyway?). We left the three most taciturn members behind. We'll get nothing from them. Perhaps someone more loquacious... Ana you could bring us up to date?

Barman, to Dravick:
    You guys want anything to eat? On the house.
    Oh. There's a lot of you now....

Older Man, with a fierce wild look:
    Is it true? You were there when the Tree....

Ana:
    Oh! she shakes her head at Matthew and covers her mouth with her hands, blushing.

Balthazar:
    Your finest dark ale please.

Ulysses:
    No, I've never heard of Keopara miss... , ... Sandra. I hail from Caulbrook in the Duchy of Colos. I trained in the cavalry there. You have the look of an equestrian too unless my eyes deceive me.

Barman, to Dravick:
    Hey I recognise you! You used to sing at the Tankard! Am I right? That was a terrific song. I think you're even better than I remember. Marvellous. Too good for this lot of drunks. Watch out or Kata might get jealous and put you under her gypsy spell.

He points to the door where Kata and her group of musicians are just arriving, along with Marko.

A bar boy brings out a tray of beers and one ale.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Too much credit, maybe? Is there too much?

Zan had listened to the story in growing amusement, happy that the much more capable orator, Dravick, had intervened. Clapping audibly with a beaming face, he took a large drink from his ever-present flask. It seemed he had, as always, brought his own ale.

There were too many conversations after the song to permeate all of them, and so Zan chose the ones that interested him the most, or had some sort of revelance to an event he was knowledgable about. He had first picked up something about the tree, a momentary distraction.

"If anybody i-is upset about that, then I suppose you may c-complain to me. It was a foolish thing to do, using that staff. The effects were, though.... um.... kinda tremendous, right?" That said, he inevitably turned to Sandra, staring at her without meaning to.

I know you.... I know you're from Keopara, and it's that voice.... still, everything else eludes me. Who are you.....
    The universe's least interesting world is this one. Yay for imagination!
    Avatar by the amazing Shades of Gray

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurers' Guild: Bridgeport IC

Sandra looks at Ulysses Oh it's at the south end of the Lake Heart region. Thinking for a moment she nods I understand why you wouldn't have heard of it. Caulbrook is far north of Lake Heart, and yes I am trained in Calvary tactics. She goes back to making sure the tip of her sword was fixed as Zan talks. She gets a little smirk in the corner of her mouth Sandra. was all she said to Zan.
    Sandra -Character
    Podarge -Mount

4. - Top - End - #34

Older Man, grasping at Zan's shoulder:
    Are you a prophet then? Do you know... is it the end for Bridgeport?

Barman:
    Oh go on, gedoff Im, go on ya drunk.

Zan avoids the man's touch but feels a tingly hairs-on-end sensation anyway.

Barman:
    A Treeman. Bunch of homeless idiots who think the Tree is a sign that Bridgeport is cursed by the gods and we're all going to die horribly. Or else it's a blessing and we're all saved. All nonsense....

Uh ...wouldn't you say?

You are really the one who planted The Tree?

5. - Top - End - #35

Default A prophet? Me?

Zan blinked at the woman calling herself Sandra, but then looked back down to the table that was before him. "Sandra... Sandra...." Nothing is spectacularly ringing a bell... no, not at all. But I know I've seen her, and more than just a passing moment! It bothers me, but who is-

The cleric practically jumped into a second skin when he was almost grasped at the shoulder, his stammered preparation so severe that his jaw actually chattered. "W-w-what's going on now!?" It took a few moments for him to settle down, but the barman's words gave him no choice but to look at him.

"Y-yeah, it was with help from a well-trusted ally of the guild's." He still remembered the change that it left within him... there was no way Zan could forget that moment. However, his mind and eyes would still drift to Ana occasionally. Her wardrobe was ceaselessly changing... but why was he even wondering about this?

6. - Top - End - #36

Marko

Spotting Kata and her band on the street, Marko used their entrance to slip into the Jasmine & Clove relatively unnoticed. Once inside, he was relieved to see Durx was as easy to find as ever. Making his way to the half-orc's side, he said, "Durx! Boy am I glad to see you. I think I've talked myself into a bit of a jam, and need some help putting together a scouting mission up around Khorinis. Or rather, talking Bruce into letting me borrow Sampo and a few Guild members for a week or two. What do you think?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Answering the Barman, Dravick says, "Why thank you, my good man, I would like some of your house special, and if you could get us a few ales, that would be even better. And yes, sir, I did perform at the Tankard for some time, thank you for recognizing me. I will take heed of your advise about Kata's gypsy spell though." He says with a wink and a smile.

Then he turns his attention back to Durx's comment as he turns to watch Kata and company come in followed by Marko. "If I've left anything out, I assure you it wasn't intentional. I'll get more of the details right the next time I sing them." He returns Durx's smile.

Then listening in on Marko's request to Durx, Dravick asks, "May I offer my services for your quest when you decide to embark on it? I would like to see how things fare in the north with my own eyes."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

8. - Top - End - #38

Eodrick

A hooded dwarf sits in a back corner of the bar. He sips at his ale occassionally, saying nothing.

That's him alright. I'll just need to wait for an oppurtunity. Or create one if that doesn't happen soon.
    Currently playing as:
    Eodrick, LG Dwarven Urban Ranger

Avatar is Balthazar, a currently retired character, by Shades of Grey

Vaulthfaer, a 4E Campaign Setting

9. - Top - End - #39

Marko

Turning and smiling at Dravick, Marko said, "Well, I'm looking to leave as noisily as possible tomorrow, if I can convince Bruce to let me take Sampo and her crew upriver. I don't intend to take her all the way to Khorinis. I think it'll be better to go ashore down river of Khorinis, and approach on foot. That'll leave the crew to return here and spread the word we're on the job. I figure they can pick us up in a week or so. Still interested? We can use all the help we can get, really."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hrah! Ready t'se'sail again cap'n Marko!

Durx downs his ale with one gulp.

When does d'Sampo se'sail?

Maybe we should bring'n o' th'new recruit 'long, they need some 'xperience with th'guild.

OOC: Durx totally needs an eyepatch...

No, DavidByron, this DOESN'T mean I want you to impale Durx's eye.

11. - Top - End - #41

Marko

"Well, like I was saying, as soon as we can talk Bruce into letting us take her out, preferably tomorrow. I know he had some big meeting tonight, but does anyone know when it'll be over?" Marko asked.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Amethyst

It was probably well beyond time time for Amethyst to get off the merchant ship, keeping a particular disguise up for a week is hard enough much less doing so on a boat for a good month or so. She needed to find a place where she could disappear and get out of her get-up.

That pub looks like a good place, there seems to be plenty of people to get lost in.

Making her way to The Jasmine & Clove, Amethyst made sure to pull the hood of her disguise up to keep her hair hidden, old men don't often have long blond hair after all.

Taking a quick peek behind her to make sure The Hound was still on the boat. Her cursory look proved to show that the member of the Royal Justicars of Jiram was indeed still on the boat.

About time he got off my trail, not that he actually has any power this far away from Jiram, but still.....

Once she was relatively sure that her stalker wasn't going to get off the boat and follow her Amethyst entered the pub.

She immediately regretted this decision, So many people... Her quickly put together disguise was not one of her best works in fact it was quiet shabby and very much way too long for her. Navigating the crowd was proving to be very difficult with people often stepping on the excess of canvas that was proving to be a hooded cloak for her.

In fact this and having herself get tangled in the loose folds caused the very accident that would prove to de-cloak her and reveal her long blond hair and the fact that she was indeed a she for that matter, as well as causing her to fall into a nearby dwarven fellow.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Althea hurried along the streets as best she could, checking off the various buildings as she passed them. Most of her day until that point had been taken up with work on her painting. It was the first thing that she had the chance to work on since really joining the Guild, and it was turning out far better then she had expected it to. Still, she was hardly dressed in her normal attire, unarmed and in plain clothes that didn't mask her femininity. Though, her shirt is somewhat splattered by paints she was working with.

She entered into the tavern out of breath, though smiling at seeing most of the other guild members there. She waves, making her way over to Durx, who stands out the most in the tavern. She smiles at Marko as well, glad to see others.

"So what did I miss? Aside from a rather fun celebration it seems."
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

14. - Top - End - #44

"Balthazar", addressing Amethyst:
    Wretched girl. You made me spill my ale. You all saw that didn't you? I don't want anyone saying I can't drink an ale without spilling it on myself. Bah. Does anyone have a Prestidigitation on them? I'm going to try and clean this up. Don't go anywhere--- you owe me a drink young lady.

Balthazar heads towards the bar. There's a lot of people in the pub especially now that the band has arrived and start clearing a space to play.

Fin:
    Word to the wise: keep an eye on your cash. Pickpockets have been known to work crowds like this.

He eyes the new girl suspiciously.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-09-24 at 12:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

As the crowd tightens, Dravick makes his way over to the table that the guildmembers are sitting at and takes a seat, introducing himself to the new members. "I'm Dravick, it's nice to make your acquaintances, I hope you don't mind if I sit."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:

16. - Top - End - #46

The unassuming dwarf continues to watch Balthazar. It seems an oppurunity may soon be forthcoming...his target is seperated from the herd...but only somewhat. At his feet, a large dog whines.

Quiet you, have some beef.
    Currently playing as:

17. - Top - End - #47

Default A quick recap for our non-listener.

Turning in his chair, Zan spoke to Dravick, obviously overwhelmed by the massive amounts of conversation and retelling of events.

"So, um... Dravick, do you h-have any idea what we do now? I bet somebody has m-mentioned it once, twice, maybe six times, but I've b-been listening to my flask. Even after all that time of adventuring, his stuttering problem failed to clear up...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Dravick turns to Zan and gives him a warm smile.

"TO be honest Zan, I'm not sure what's next, but I seldom worry about those kinds of things. Except when there seems to be too many things that need to be done. For now, I do know that Bruce is busy and we have some time to keep ourselves occupied until he's ready to see us. Until then I say we should eat, drink, and be merry."

He gives him a reassuring and hopefully calming smile before continuing.

"So Zan, I couldn't help but notice that that young girl there speaks with a similar dialect as you do. Do you know her?"

Current Characters:

19. - Top - End - #49

Default Oh geez, here we go...

Zan froze, thinking about what Dravick asked him. I KNOW I've seen her somewhere! Somewhere a long time ago, and her voice sounds somewhat... barely familiar. Mostly, it's the name.... but everything else is just a shadow. It's so... frustrating!

Zan finally snapped to attention, taking the liberty of sipping yet again from the flask before finally giving Dravick his answer. "I r-really am not sure. We both came from the s-same area, I'm sure of it... But I can't seem to remember exactly how I know her. H-However..."

Zan managed a small grin and held up his flask.
    "D-Drinking, I can manage."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Turning to the girl with the Zan-like accent, "Sandra, is it? I've noticed your accent is much like my friend Zan's here. I was wondering if you happen to know him?"

Then noticing the sign on the wall about longer weapons than wielders are tall he says, "Well, that's quite fitting isn't Vlax?"

Current Characters:

21. - Top - End - #51

Vlax, checks behind him:
    Oh that.
    They're a friendly bunch here and the beer keeps coming. Ever since the guildhall became the headquarters of the resistance there's been no peace there and not much ale either. And when Ana started training under that Jerris fellow... well we became regulars.

"Balthazar" speaks to the barman and is given a cloth and directed to a back room to clean up....

Fin:
    Well it's not the "resistance" now, is it? Now that Argos is dead and Bruce has the official necklace-thing that the Doge wears I can't see much opposition coming from the other....

Matthew, addressing the blond girl:
    HOLD IT right there!
    Why are you in disguise? What are you up to there? Who are you?

A raven sitting on Matthew's shoulder jumps into the air, disturbed by his shout.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-09-24 at 08:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandra watched and saw Zan squirming over where he knew her from She thinks a little Well I did hear somethings. Such as the Doge wanting mercenaries, and there are stories that a gate to hell has been found she looks at the tip and nods a little putting her sword back in the sheath Then again how does one find the gates to hell and live to tell about it. then under her breath a little Zanny Wanny this makes her smirk again when thinking about the care free days of her childhood. She looks up and blinks a little Oh I know Zann. she cuts herself out before she finishes the y fully I know Zan, I grew up not far from where his house
    Last edited by Akyana; 2008-09-24 at 11:37 PM.
    Sandra -Character
    Podarge -Mount

23. - Top - End - #53

The cloaked dwarf in the back room slowly goes towards the back room, taking pains to make sure he is not noticed. The dog stays behind for the moment.
    Currently playing as:

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Amethyst

Amethyst, having fallen to the floor after colliding with the dwarf, decided it best just to stay there for a bit. When she finally decided to stand herself back up again a man about her own height began vocally accosting her.

I wasn't going to go anywhere..... She thought to herself when she noticed out of the corner of her eye the door to the pub open and a bald man with a red cross painted on his face enter.

Goddess no....please don't let him see me. Amethyst gasps out in Sylvan as she tries to scoot herself out of visual range of her pursuer.

Hoping that the Royal Justicar's facepaint was not a normal thing on this continent, Amethyst tried to make it as clear as possible to Matthew that she was trying to hide from The Hound and not to let her presence known. For a little added effect she used her talents from many years of acting to throw on a mask of pure terror at being caught by this man.
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-09-25 at 11:38 PM.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

25. - Top - End - #55

Matthew tries to grab hold of the woman recently disguised as an older man. He looks back to see who she seems to be hiding from and sees a suspicious looking tall guy, bald with some sort of tattoo or war paint in red on his face. Like a gang or cult insignia.

Matthew:
    What's this all about? Who's that guy to you? Answer me now or I'll call him over.

The inn is pretty crowded. The bald guy starts to move into the inn scanning the crowd for something.

The cloaked dwarf following "Balthazar" enters the back room.

It's pretty noisy in the pub. There's a smell of beer and cheap tobacco.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Dragutin Tadijanovic, Paladin of Garl

Dragutin had just been sitting, watching, trying to figure out who was who and what was what. This Adventurer's Guild was very confusing, and the lack of order bothered him more than he chose to admit. People coming and going and disguising themselves and wielding ridiculously long weapons for no good reason and gossiping like fishwives -- Calm yourself, Dragutin, he thought. The Patriarch sent you here to liaise, even if it took twenty minutes for him to explain 'liaise', so do your duty.

Taking a firm grasp of his tankard, he drained it in a few gulps, and then leaned forward to offer his hand to the bard. "Dravick, that was a fine oration, an honor to be present to hear. My name is Dragutin Tadijanovic, and I have been sent by the Patriarch to join the guild and join our interests to yours."

"<Marko! It is good to see you again, countryman>," he exclaimed in their native language. Reverting to common, Dragutin continued, "I have heard rumors that you might be in need of a good marine, hmm?" The paladin patted the shaft of his battleaxe and smiled.

In a general question to the veterans at the table, he asked, "How does this guild find missions, anyway? Are they assigned by the Patriarch, er, Guildmaster, or do we find our own work?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Dravick:

Taking the hand offered by Dragutin and shaking it, Dravick replied, "Thank you for your kind words, I do try to keep mastering my art. I welcome you to the guild, may our alliance run strong and deep. As far as how we find missions, I must say that it is a bit of both. Sometimes we have things to do for the guild directly, in which case the Guildmaster, erm... Doge actually, will let us know what he needs. Other times, we go out and find our own adventures to lead."

Then he turns to Matthew and says, "Matthew, you are always so paranoid, I'm sure there's a legitimate reason that she is running from this man. We need not threaten her with her pursuer without at least giving her time to explain herself first. If we do not think that her story adds up then I'm sure that we'll have little trouble locating the man with a giant red cross on his face. We can turn her over to him then."

He smiles broadly at both Matthew and the previously disguised girl before saying, "Please. Take a seat, miss."

Current Characters:

28. - Top - End - #58

Default Closer and Closer, still no idea...

Zan still watched Sandra, listening to all that she had to say, even if he didn't catch the quick muttering that was said under her breath.

Spoiler
    Show

Intentional failed check on my part

Still, he could not ponder for much longer about something he'd never figure out at this rate, and so he took another drink of the flask before attempting to put it away for good this time. Standing up, he walked over to Ana with a slight nod, his uncomfortable stature still prevalent... but he was getting better about all of the interaction things.

"H-h-hello, Ana." He took turned quickly to give a quick glance at the hubbub surrounding Matthew, then back to Ana. "This is a b-bit offhand, but.... I must admit that it's still a pleasant shock to hear your voice. Hopefully, whatever we're being sent through, I should hear more of it!"

29. - Top - End - #59

Fin:
    Did anyone understand what she said?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think only Kyte and Omoris know Sylvan; neither are present.

I think they might both be foreigners.

To Dravick and Matthew,
    Whatever the story we don't just "hand her over" to anyone. I am the law here... while I wear this uniform. If anyone has to arrest her it would be me. Things are bad in Bridgeport but the courts are still open.

Matthew, shrugs:
    I'm just being careful. We saw the master get killed but it seemed too easy somehow. And he must have had other allies. Whatever this group is, they have used young women before to attack us. And they seemed to be interested in grabbing Kata and Ana. Maybe I am seeing too much here... but when a girl in disguise with odd colored hair turns up....

Fiona, the raven, settles back on Matthew's shoulder.

Ulysses, to the blond girl:
    I assure you miss, you need have no fear; you have the word of Ulysses Valeris on that. (glares at Matthew, glances around)
    Perhaps we should confront your pursuer?

Vlax:
    "If it's to be a fight we should take it outside." (not like last time...)

To Dragutin's question about missions:
    "Trouble has a way of finding us. We've not had to go looking for it."

Ana, smiles back at Zan.
    Master Jerris says.... I should take it slowly.

This is a different side to Ana than the confident and in-charge barmaid who dared to pour beer all over three of the most frightening members of the guild when she hardly knew them. Perhaps being cut off from others so much made it easier to be in charge of her own domain. In the large crowded room and amid the chatter of different conversations even among friends she looks a little lost. Still not quite twenty years old and to go from the quiet life of a mute maid one day to being the apprentice of a powerful wizard, rubbing shoulders with guildmasters and the head of state himself the next...

Here, let me.

Ana takes Zan's flask which looks like it needs to be refilled. And heads towards the bar.
    Last edited by DavidByron; 2008-09-26 at 04:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandra watches Zan leave then looks over to the girl trying to hide as she sits. Sandra looks over at the bald man looking for her, and keeps an eye on him, figuring that he would be trouble. Other then that she sits quietly at the table since she didn't hear anymore question directed to her, pulling a flask out of her cloak and pouring a cup of what looks like hot tea for her to drink.
    Sandra -Character
    Podarge -Mount