New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Against A Dark Background - IC

Jack

Jack rose from his bow and stood waiting for further clarifications or instructions.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

At the mention of Alice's sire Cruddy's eyes narrowed a bit seemingly lost in some sort of contemplation.
    His thoughts drifted back to his own life, his own path, his own sire...

Shaking his head slightly he cleared away those cobwebs and returned his attentions to the small group.

Seeing that Alice was still standing he motioned her over to the empty chair next to him in a friendly manner, so that Prince Siegmund could begin the endeavor to which they'd been called.
    High order of The Marshmallow

Ellipsis Abuser...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"Ah, yes, his mysterious business," Siegmund spoke in an almost friendly manner.

"Please be seated, everyone."

Siegmund himself did not get a seat, though. Instead he called for somebody. A man, obviously a ghoul entered. Siegmund whispered something into the man's ear and when the servant had left, he turned back to the company of four.

"Since this is not an Elysium, I will not be insulting you by asking if any of you feel the need to replenish their hunger."

He smiled, baring his fangs.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Jack

Jack bowed his head and resumed sitting. He placed his fingertips together again, and tilted his head as he looked at the prince. "I am quite replete, milord, and merely wishing to know how we may be of service to you."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Jason leaned back in his chair and begins listing things off on his fingers "No i'm not hungry, i've been to the bathroom, i don't need any more shampoo, i'm not interested in joining any new political parties, religious groups or buying a time share in Maui."

He returns the Siegmund's toothy smile "was there a particular reason you summoned us all here, or were you just lonely.....?"

Jason pauses for a second as he wracks his brain for what he was forgetting, before enlightenment dawns "...My Lord"
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Jack

Jack's right eyebrow quirked up... spocklike... as he watched Jason. He turned his eyes to the prince to see how Siegmund recieved this... respect?
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alice appeared anxious at the prince's line of questioning and, while relief was not evident in her features, it was quite apparent in her body language as she was invited to sit. She arranged herself in the seat Cruddy indicated, with a quick smile towards him. She seemed quite calm when she looked up again towards Siegmund.

"I am quite well as I am, my Lord, though I am grateful for your consideration."

On Jason's reply she turned to look at him, drawing back imperceptably as if concerned that he might spontaneously burst into flame. Her expression was wide eyed and a touch incredulous. You could quite imagine her wearing the same expression if he had suddenly stripped down to a pink tu-tu and began doing the macarena.

She blinked several times while awaiting a reaction from their host.
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

Do What Thou Wilt;

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cruddy looked up at the Prince's mention of hunger. He had been awoken quite suddenly earlier in the evening and neglected to feed before arriving at the docks.

"My lord, if it pleases you... I have had no deer, nor mortal on which to sup. It would gratify me substantially to partake of your generosity."

He pointedly looked across the table at Jason after his outburst.

"Time share?"

Cruddy was obviously perplexed by the turn of phrase and muttered, "I hope there's as much left for you to lend as you think my friend..."

He looked over at Jack and then to Alice.

"I guess I am dining alone... pity."
    Last edited by Daze; 2008-10-16 at 10:33 AM.
    High order of The Marshmallow

Ellipsis Abuser...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"We will have to find a pleasant way to pass the time, considering that the last two members of our little get-together are still coming from Hamburg," Siegmund said.

With dark eyes, he turned to look at Abrams.

"Do bark on," Siegmund spoke conversationally. However, one could never be sure about what could follow, since the prince had been known to rip heads off just moments after appearing pleasant and welcoming. "I find it refreshing, you know. After a while having sycophants nod and praise your every move can get quite tiring. Don't ever stop, Abrams."

He and Alice exchanged glances, he nodded to her and then spoke to Cruddy: "Go outside, you will have a meal served for you." He waved at the same door he had entered from.

Indeed, as Cruddy went out into the corridor, which was no different from the places he had adventured in with the Desert Snake, he found two bulky guards and a young-looking male ghoul. The man was not familiar, but most likely belonged either to Siegmund or whoever was present in the building tonight.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Alice looked down for a moment before her eyes flicked back up to Cruddy. Her expression was slightly apologetic. "I prefer to... dine on my own. I suppose it's a character quirk."

Leaning back in her chair, Alice considered for a few moments before smoothly leaning forward. She chose her words carefully. "I have an idea for how we might pass those hours, my Lord. I have a gig... a performance scheduled for tonight." She glanced at her watch, a quick, nervous gesture. "I was rather concerned already that I might not be able to attend. Instead, you could all come along, as my guests."

"It is a mortal place, so the proprieties would have to be observed." She gave a sharp glance at Jason as she said this. "I see no reason that there should be any problem so long as we do so. It should be a diverting way to pass the time, if nothing else." There was a fire in her voice at this that belied her diffident manner. A smile of anticipation hovered on her lips.

"The club is called Darklands. It's easy to find, if we are willing." Her eyes went to Siegmund. "If the idea pleases my lord?"
    In all their rule and strictest tie of their order there was but this one clause to be observed,

Do What Thou Wilt;

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Chuckling to himself, Jason flashed a toothy smile at the Prince. "Always nice to know you're loved boss" he muttered, before turning to face Alice.

"Keep your sulky face to yourself girly, I've been wandering around dead longer than you've been upright in total i'll wager. I can behave myself around the humans, but if any of your gothy little limp-wristed pansies try to start anything they'll be crawling around in the gutter looking for their teeth."

He gave a shrug "But screw it, i'm not sitting around waiting for a couple of bastards who can't even be arsed to show up to their mysterious summons on time, lets go listen to the girl sob about how hard life is with only one cell-phone and a studio apartment, it'll be good for a laugh"
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Raising her eyebrows, Alice smiled sardonically. "It's almost like you know me." Her mouth opened a little as if to say more, but she obviously thought better of it. Instead she turned to glean Jack's, and more importantly Siegmund's reaction, murmoring something under her breath.

The astute could barely catch "...would have guessed... house trained".
    Last edited by RavenGirl; 2008-10-30 at 09:43 AM.

Do What Thou Wilt;

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Jack

Jack smiled a toothy smile, "I find everyone's whining amusing..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald